What do you guys think on the Muscle clean ? have you ever tried it ? wich lifts do improve it

what do you guys think on the Muscle clean ? have you ever tried it ? wich lifts do improve it

Attached: clean-and-jerk.jpg (500x375, 37K)

Good exercise. Better when combined with the press.

yes i plain on conbine it with the press

seems bad ass as fuck, muscle clean and strict press

i do it for college sports. not a lot of weight but our lifting coach said it’s good for explosiveness or some shit

It gave me awful elbow pain so I stopped it

cool exercise but there are safer alternatives which are easier to learn

how much Kg did you use and whats your bodyweight ?

I cant really rack it on my shoulders properly, same for front squats.. my wrists just wont bend like that.... and my basement ceiling is too low to press it without putting a hole in the drywall.

then how you do with military presses and front squats

maybe start slowly with low weight

i do it but only because my tight hips and poor mobility are keeping me from doing real cleans. atleast for now

with front squats I have to cross my arms and balance the weight on the shoulders that way.. I always do seated press at home and every now and then go to the gym to do a standing ohp.

Different user with same issue here, i dont front squat at all, just hack squat to focus quads. Am I really missing much?

>google muscle clean
>first result is a crossfit video

Attached: 1541423705410.jpg (1600x1563, 319K)

do full cleans instead, yes I have done it, it improves deadlifts, traps and cleans

y'all need to work your flexibility, I started doing cleans at 25 and I still managed to become flexible enough to do them

Attached: 1546737808952.png (768x768, 431K)

What a dumb fuckin exercise.
Upper-lower body compound with a bunch of swinging momentum.
Kipping pullups with ankle weights would unironically be better than this shit

ultra brainlet

do clean and jerks you goon

Attached: dmitry-klokov-barbell.jpg (600x399, 48K)

Funny how so many people rant about starting strength on this forum either pro or against but everyone forgets these power cleans are part of the godamn program.

the only purpose to doing muscle cleans is if you're a weightlifter wanting to improve the third pull of your clean (or as a warmup to clean work). Also the dude in OP pic is not muscle cleaning, he's doing a very high power clean (since his knees and hips are flexed in the catch).
(you)

Cleans always feel dangerous as fuck when I'm doing them, I always feel like I'm about to hit myself in the neck.