/sig/ - self improvement general

Is being angry a form of entertainment for you? Can you come up with anything better?

/sig/ Basics:
>YOU are 100% responsible for the way you experience life. Not your parents, not your surroundings, not your ex, not your bully, not your future spouse. YOU. Complete, sincere acceptance of this is the most fundamental step to bettering yourself, and it is by far the hardest thing you'll ever do.
>Work your way to becoming the best YOU you can be - one step at a time.
>Set realistic Goals and have a Plan. Use short-term Goals to keep yourself going.
>Learn helpful and effective daily/weekly/etc. routines, including mundane ones.
>Have a steady sleeping rhythm - one that works for you, so long as you keep to it. Get 6-11 hours of sleep. pastebin.com/XpAGg8pn
>Meditate ( Guide: youtu.be/F0jedwTzIJg - important: relax your jaw, lips almost parted ).
>Learn to be Brutally Honest with yourself. Stop being a slave to your Ego.
>Have the balls to follow any beliefs to their logical conclusion. Think critically, question everything.
>If you need to put others down to feel good about yourself, you are putting yourself in a position where you are dependent on the people you look down on.
>Focus on the essentials. If you try to do everything at once, you’ll burnout. Little by little.

Resources:
>4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki//sig/_sticky - The most basic shit is here.
>dbtselfhelp.com - Dialectical Behavioral Therapy self help resource. Particularly useful for those struggling with anger, depression and anxiety issues.

Books:
>gutenberg.org/ebooks/2680 - Meditations of Marcus Aurelius
>misc.equanimity.info/downloads/mindfulness_in_plain_english.pdf - Mindfulness in Plain English
>dropfile.nl/f/wpw6 - How to Win Friends and Influence People

Previous thread

Attached: sig1.jpg (841x760, 454K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/P4mEgZMxsWA
youtu.be/YI8g8ll-QUA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: sigpaste01.png (880x6531, 1.2M)

Attached: sigpaste02.jpg (719x2445, 1.1M)

>You can always do what you need to do.
>The very language you use to think with is full of traps that cultivate a sense of loneliness
>Ignorance is the ultimate cause of suffering - Insight leads to freedom from mind-created suffering
>You have to put in the work ( a lot of it ) to truly live with a helpful mindset
>You don't want things. You want the feelings you tell yourself those things bring you.
>The world is born through you, for you. From what you can tell, there only exists YOUR Awareness.

Attached: sig4.jpg (796x600, 211K)

>my biggest dopamine fix comes from my daydreams
>realize it's keeping me from focusing on the present
>tfw addicted to my own thoughts

Attached: 1550558881553s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

>be me last night
>go to dinner with my dad at some Mexican resraunt for my birthday
>I go up to counter to ask for wait time and to put my name down for seats.
>really attractive Latina waitress my age
>I'm usually shy and not good at talking but for some reason I just couldn't take my eyes of her eyes
>she kept eye contact with me, she asked for my name and told me the wait would be 15 minutes
>she smiled and everything.
>proceed to eat my meal with my dad and go home.
>can't stop thinking about that warm feeling I felt as my eyes were locked with hers and how didn't feel any anxiety
>realize this is the closest moment I've shared with a female in my 19 years of life
>realize she was just being nice and doing her job
>realize I've missed out on everything
>realize I'm pathetic and litterally spent my birthday with no friends and even though I love my dad it's still pathetic to do this at my age.
Fuck, where do I go from here, I want to feel that way with a girl who likes me.

Attached: image.png (831x799, 329K)

Maladaptive daydreaming?

I have something similar, I keep spacing out all the time.

There is no line between good and evil, only what a man can stand

I always look at girls and if they are attractive, imagine a life and children and dying on my death bed with them at my side. It’s pretty fucked. Especially since they are just snapping and shit

I just realized, in life it's really the men who are the romantics. I don't think women feel this way about men they see. Men idolize specific women and elevate them to almost divine levels, even if they are just average looking. why is it women don't do the same.

It’s the same with me. It feels electric if I touch the hand of a girl around my age. I can’t imagine what more than hand contact is like. You are not alone. If your bored with your life ask her out. Or die not knowing.

Attached: 946809E9-B231-4FA4-A08C-8DB72DC06F5E.png (1334x750, 1.73M)

needy
girls will smell it from a mile away
I used to be the same way, it's extremely unhealthy. Focus on yourself and the girls will follow. Don't give girls unearned attention and energy

Well I don’t stare at them. Just keep them in my eye. And just...

They do, my girlfriend worships me and always has (10y relationship).
Memes aside it's a big responsibility to carry that burden of living up to those expectations. It helps me bringing out the best in any given situation though - it's as they say, behind every great man there's a great woman.

>10 yr relationship
Why don't you marry her

Off-topic thread

I will before we get children. There's no rush to us and we don't really care about marriage as an institution, although she doesn't want her child to be a "bastard".

Daily reminder that having a good sleep cycle and amount can make a huge difference in how you tackle your everyday life. Do neglect it.

Attached: 1517996957723.jpg (700x450, 278K)

My extreme lack of self esteem and my horrible mindset from poor parenting is easily my biggest problem. How do I fix this? Has anyone tried cognitive behavioral therapy or neurolinguistic programming? Does shit like that actually work? I really want to talk to someone who succeeded in completely altering their mindset and hear their take on how they did it.

practice meditation, learn that these fantasies are just thoughts all the same, whenever each fantasy begins place a little mental sign that says "dead end" in your mind, breathe, observe, let the day-dream fade away. do it each time and the habit will begin to fade.

CBT is fundamentally the most powerful habit you can learn. It is all up to your, all your own discipline. It has worked wonders for me, I used it to navigate a serious, 6 month post-psychedelic depression and existential spin. I am totally happy now and back to normal.

It's all based on evolutionary biology. A man has a genetic investment in a woman - in order for a man's offspring to survive the woman must also survive and be in good health, because she has to be gestate the child for nine months and then raise it. So men have evolved to place deep emotional investment into women.
Women on the other hand have no need of men once the pregnancy itself occurs. After that, the man could wander off and die. So long as SOME man steps in to take care of the woman, they're fine. Their offspring's chance of survival is unaffected.
Women need men in the sense that need a man, any suitable man will do. Men need women in the sense that they need specific women. That's how we've evolved. The great trick is that a cursory glance at how things work would teach you to believe the exact opposite until you have a closer look.
It's been pointed out before how many men have been besieged by the loss of a particular woman to the point where the pain haunts them their entire lives. Some men commit suicide over this, some men channel this pain into great art, some men utilize it as a fuel for their own success. When was the last time though, that you heard a woman bemoaning the loss of some special man ten years ago, in an emotional sense and not a sense of practicality? You don't. Women move on.
This is also the root of the fundamental lack of common ground between women and men. Women will often tell heartbroken men to "grow up", as though being heartbroken is a sign of immaturity. To them, it is, because the only thing a woman has lose is a practical advantage - to them its like losing a nice car, or a good job. Unfortunate, but nothing to sink into despair over, just go get a new one. To men however it is a deep emotional thing. The only time a woman feels something similar is her instinctual feelings towards her children and for the exact same evolutionary reasons.

Any initial resources that I should pay specific attention to? I'm ready to start.

That's depressing as fuck, is being gay the final red pill?

Fuck off

>born in 2000
Jesus christ The absolute state of this board

t. 1999

1/2

The practice itself is very simple. I'm going to give you a didactic explanation of it, but be aware that I am a brainlet, so don't take the particulars as full scientific fact, but it is very functional.

So your conscious experience is made up of different parts in your brain, for the purposes of CBT what you need to learn about is mainly the cortex and the limbic system. So basically, the part of your self which you consider "you" is your cortex, it is more developed, and this part sits on top of the limbic system. Now your limbic system is an older part of the brain, and it's kind of retarded but it has good intentions.

Negative thoughts, anxieties and worries come from your limbic system. You can visualize the thoughts as floating up into your experience from your limbic system. The difficult part about this is, say for an easy example you have serious, unwarranted anxieties about yourself, it will send you signals all day related to this: you're not good enough, you failed in this, you'll fail in that, this is too difficult; and the really difficult part about this is that the limbic system does not register your distress to these thoughts as useless, it can't differentiate, so the panic you feel when you fear you own inadequacy registers importance to the limbic system, the fact that you react confirms to it that the content is important (when of course, in the case of our anxieties, it is not).

So the practice of CBT is very simple. A thought rises from your limbic system through to your cortex, it enters your conscious experience. All you need to do is: watch the thought arise (you will get better at this, to begin with, begin watching it from whatever moment you notice it), observe the thought, its content, what its saying, and then watch the thought disappear, when that happens you then redirect your attention back onto whatever you were doing, or find a task to focus on, and occupy your attention with a real world, practical task.

2/2

This is going to take practice. Even though it is not the same as meditation in that it is result oriented, I find that it's best to take the patience you learn from meditation and really apply it here. What you are doing it letting these thoughts come from the limbic system, let them move through your experience, you are not avoiding them, not flinching from them, not worrying over them, not philosophizing, not justifying, not *reacting* to them. This programs the limbic system to understand that these thoughts are not an important function and it will stop producing them, it is a purely reactionary function that is completely trainable by you.

The final redpill is realizing that all value comes from you and you alone and that you have to force the world to be what you desire it to be. If you want a good wife then make a woman into it. We exist to force the world to obey our will, its the most human thing there is.

Take your nihilistic views out of this thread.

Attached: Warning.png (905x485, 402K)

100% sure nobody is looking at this right now but I need to get it off my chest. I'm not happy with my life. I'm fat, exhausted, work a shitty job, almost 30 and live with my mom still, and I have nothing to show for my time on this Earth. I want to go back to school to finish my bachelors and switch majors to something I can actually get a job with, but I'm not sure I even qualify for more loans, and I dunno how I'd pay my bills while I'm in school. I have sleep apnea but CPAP didn't do shit for it, trying to lose weight but I've been on a plateau for almost two weeks and I binged for three days so I lost two weeks of progress, everything fucking sucks right now. I'm trying really hard to do what I can and at least lose weight but it's a fucking struggle when I'm so goddamn addicted to junk food and instant gratification. And I feel like losing weight will somehow be a magical ticket to not being depressed and lonely and tired but if and when I finally get skinny, probably nothing will change. I fucking hate my life bros and I don't know what to do other than settle with where I am and never pursue any meaningful goals and just live hedonistically which is the opposite of what I want. Fuck I'm just so goddamn tired all the time, I haven't been fully awake since I was 12 years old, my coworkers call me 'spaceman' cuz I'm always spacing out and staring into space while not thinking about anything. Someone fucking kill me or help me, I feel pathetic like the only way my life can improve is by having my hand held the whole way by someone that takes pity on me. I'm not a man, I'm a child, and not even a good one, at that. And the worst part is that the only place I can really vent this to is a Mongolian throat-singing forum filled with racists and Christfags that treat women like property and unironically think onions raise testosterone levels in a meaningful way. Fuck I'm just so fucked in the head and I don't know what to do.

On the contrary its the complete opposite of nihilism.

Unironically go watch Peterson and meditate

You probably won't listen because your inactivity has atrophied your will. Just lose the fucking weight, write down a list of shit you need to do and just fucking do it. Start small. Accomplishing small goals will go a long way to get the ball rolling. Tidy your room, go for a walk every morning. And stop eating you fucking stupid faggot.

I read that whole thing you cocksucker, now repay me for my time and sort your gay life out.

Thank you, I will try this. Seems like an excellent place to start is the seemingly random bouts of negativing thinking which result in emotional distress.

You still haven't posted your body.

I mean it can go both ways especially in our modern era. Although most women now will just get an abortion because it's so cheap and readily available. Competition is high for both males and females but overall men have to do more. This is just one of many side effects of the degeneration of modern society.

You already know what you need to do man. Just fucking do it. Even this post is a lame attempt to procrastinate the battle for one more day. Go out and make moves for what you want and fail, over and over again.

Is there a point to this convo anymore bro? You said your piece and I said mine. Kindly fuck off, I'm not going to go out of my way to post a body pic just to appease some random fag and I'm not going to engage your posts anymore if I feel its a waste of time.
Yes but our biological machinery is from before the existence of modern society. The instincts of man are best suited for living in small tribes in a traditional mode of live.The reason why modern life is so poisonous ultimately boils down to the simple fact that it is unnatural and we are ill-suited for it therefore.

Post body

Attached: klokov.png (905x485, 313K)

How do i learn better impulse control? I automatically distrust people and have a hard time opening up for them.

I would like to post my story here, but it is so messed up I feel compelled to lie. Basically I'm 18 and I already fucked my life up. I'm a fucking robot. I can't even start to imagine the level of humbleness (and the following, persistent self doubt to endure) it'd take from me to get me out of this hole.

I have fucked my life up til several times. Lost all my friends, ruined my studies.. I got a second chance, started over from blank. Just learn from your mistakes and dont dwell in the past. You are still young.

Think of yourself as playing a character who is open to people, but you yourself are not.

There's a good chance you actually need worse impulse control, user. For most people, the impulse is to be open - inhibitions, learned behaviors, etc then move in to quash that first impulse.

Are you still suspicious and closed-off when you're drunk, sleep-deprived, or heavily distracted? If not, your impulse control is too strong, not too weak.

I know that feel brother. Gotta work on yourself and do your best so that it gets better.

You're wrong. Women worship famous people and celebrities, good looking men, and musicians/creative types. betas r delusional, as the average man is nothing to admire. i agree with women

Man, you're 18. You have so so SO much time left to unfuck everything. Not that you should delay, the longer you wait the harder it gets, but it's never too late.

>Visual communication degree
>Applying for every possible web design/Graphics job announced ever.
>Never making it to the second interview
>do odd jobs for below minimum wage
>All engulfed in apathy, loss of motivation, creativity and focus on what's important.
>Feels like my life is a giant clutter with no place to start.

>Considering freelance home office, but completely clueless of where to start.
>Gym/Swim too expensive currently so all i do is pushups.

It's probably so easy to get a grip from an outside perspective, but all this crap is turning me to stone.

Good thing is; absolutely lost interest in finding someone special, because i appreaciate being alone when i'm home.

Attached: when.jpg (200x150, 23K)

I know it hurts, but it's probably the age you started posting too, user?
Maybe he's not yhe young one, maybe you're the old one?
t, 27 here and probably shouldn't lurk here anymore

Attached: 1370252417063.gif (633x758, 18K)

Honestly it's pretty damn normal to feel demotivated when you can't live off what you'd actually like to do.

Try to look more into freelancing. Are there any courses you could attend to learn small-business management?

Unironicaly try a keto diet and intermittent fasting.

I get irritated far too easily
This has ruined multiple relationships because I get pissy about small, stupid shit
Why is this?

how long ago have you graduated?

I'm 1.5 years out, moved to los angeles just under a year ago.

you gotta get over your ego and get a whatever job and just accept it as part of the process

it's extremely discouraging and hurtful to make that move but listen man, I'm a photographer and I didn't know anyone in this city. my mind decided LA was the move because I know it has the most opportunity.

I applied for 300 "real" jobs and got about 7 interviews, 4 offers, and all of them were shitty. I worked at a grocery store and did uber as my day jobs and it sucked but I recognized it's part of my timeline. I ended up finding a decently paying product photography job that came from random accidental networking.

I'm nowhere near where I want to be yet but I get where you are. it hurts knowing you went to school for a degree that hasn't gotten you where you want to be and it's worse watching other people with similar degrees get jobs

but like, keep pushing dog.

Well i do find comfort knowing it's normal to feel this way at least.
I do have an online portfolio page that i could turn into a small business for the time being, i just really have to ACE my own branding and compare myself to my to-be competitors... (they show on google maps here)
So that could be my first step. I guess just having a business on my own could aid me in getting past the interviews as well?

It's been 84 years. Na, i graduated 8 months ago so it's not an extremely long time, but it feels like forever.
Knowing you managed to find yourself at least a good starting point with a creative education is just great! It's at least something, and as you stick to it i'm sure you can work your way towards your goal with your current job as well.
As for my ego, i honestly don't think i have an ego, if anything should i try to find a way to boost my self esteem in a productive way?

Interesting and makes a lot of sense.

However, i smell a hint of „women are whores“ here, despite it being their deepest nature. Why would you judge people for their biological evolution?
Men aren‘t superior and neither are woman. They are very different indeed, but there‘s no „better or worse“ here.

I mean, look at it from this angle:
If women would get as attached as men in a caveman setting, that would be bad for the survival of the species.
Men go to war, men hunt. Men die.
If a woman were to get depressed as fuck and become barely functional because the father of her child died, what would happen to the kid? She has to get her act together again and keep going. You can even look at it as a form of keeping up her dead man‘s legacy, whatever it takes. Women hve adapted to seek another male to help her raise, nurture and protect the child. I honestly don‘t see the fault in that.
If you‘d prefer her to get suicidal and abandone the child for the sake of grieving over you, you should really re-evaluate your selfish mindset.

Is it possible for someone to improve their voice, or is it just something you have to live with?
Not talking about pronunciation here, just purely the speaking voice

Attached: hammerheadbat.jpg (720x960, 62K)

the immediate 6-12 months after graduation is a very bad time for your brain. you feel like there should be opportunities waiting for you and there aren't. you see everyone get opportunities and combine all of those people into one person that you're mentally comparing yourself to. it sucks ass but it'll pass.

I spent my two and a half years at uni pursuing my immediate interest outside of class so I'd like to think that at least partially contributes to the fact that I was able to understand what I want and how to get it, just not exactly WHERE to find it exactly. the answer was letting it to come to me and bouncing person to person. I'm currently in contact with a band's management about coming on a gigantic tour with them, so there's that. wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work out because I've had some huge shit slip through the cracks (apple reached out about buying a photo for $7.5k and bailed last second) and that's just how it is.

I had money saved and took a similar path relying on my savings and not working with the "I didn't move here to work in grocery again" mentality until I paid rent the last time for my sublease and went into "oh no" mode. I landed the product photography job with a few hundred left in my account and although it all worked out, I was extremely close to disaster mode and had to think about driving my car full of belongings back to the other side of the country. that thought was putting a fire to my ass.

my focus on ego here is that I could've been much more safe financially if that job didn't work out. you can argue that the lack of a job put me in a fight that led me to grinding harder, but looking back at it I was depressed the entire sublease, didn't exercise at all, wasn't social etc.

you want to tell yourself you don't have an ego but we all have ego. it varies from time to time but sometimes you have to step away and think about how your thoughts can be perceived from outside a vacuum.

There are a ton of vids on that on yt.
It is definitely possible.
Basically, being relaxed and convident will always make your voice sound more appealing.
There‘s voice coaching and basically every person who has to speek in front of a big audience does that.

I'm not kidding here, try doing an open mic.

in college I worked at a concert venue that hosted a few standup shows a month and I would do them to help me with my public speaking abilities

it's probably absolutely a terrifying thought and especially if you aren't funny, but it really rewired my brain.

haven't done it in years and I should again but it's a good unorthodox method.

also wanted to note before I go to bed, most people I know who make harsh moves for creative industries agree that they would've been better off if they skipped the ego mode of "I didn't move here to bag groceries" and gotten a boring job.

I moved with $6000 or so because I was told you should have three months of rent and three months worth of rent to live, which I didn't even have yet ($1150 studio in hollywood, fuck living in the city)

uber was a good job because it tapped me socially, I worked on my own time, not having coworkers/bosses made me feel better mentally, and it's easy as shit.

I'm getting off topic at this point because I'm sleepy, but try to focus a little bit less on time. you gotta grind and be on your A-game, but like, don't get stuck thinking everything around you is gonna disappear and you're never gonna get work. as long as you aren't going broke or in $100k of debt, you'll probably be fine.

now if you were 32 and out of college for a decade I would've been like damn dude

Well, i do have a fragment of the bagging phobia, but i did score a real slim part timer at the local pool as life guard. So i'm gonna stick to that and make the most of it while i figure this stuff out.
I'm actually really glad i posted here today, you're full of great advice.
I'm already out of savings, and i make just enough for food, while living in my friend's guest room for the time being. Which i will admit is a bit more motivating so i can stop bothering him one day.
Sleep well user, i really appreaciate it a lot!

I absolutely hate hate hate hate hate hate this job. I don't have moments of pride or focus or nothing like that. 80% of the time I'm annoyed or bored with the people or tasks. I don't belong there. At all. 10% of the time I'm semi focused on tasks I find stupid like replying to emails or making a table. 10% of the time I'm stressed.

Just wrote a note like that to myself. Last year I quit for 5 months but came back to the same job because I didn't know what else to do and needed the money.

t. Lost all gains, girlfriend, drive for life and accomplishments for an average as fuck office/driving/walking around 4 years job at DHL. Building warehouses, fucking dream come true man.

>just mastubated to fucked up porn dor an hour while on diphenhydramine again
Fuck me lads

>Is being angry a form of entertainment for you?
Not anymore. Was when I was younger though.
youtu.be/P4mEgZMxsWA

Know you made a bad choice, and now go foward being better
1% better every day user

I do that in the morning, between 6 and 8 am. It would be so much better for me to get up at 6, but I spend two hours in my bed, dreaming about things I'll never have.

I noticed that both my roommates' voices sound whiny and annoying. And then I noticed that when I talk to them, my voice sounds similar.
So I limited my interactions to one-syllable words.

>ask a girl out in person to come with me to a film event
>seems excited about it
>"oh sorry user a family dinner came up, won't be able to make it tonight :("
>"ah don't worry, I'll be going to other movies throughout the festival, in case you wanna join in"
>left in read

maybe I came up as a needy immediately mentioning that I'll be going to other movies and she can come too? idk

sorry for the ranting/blogging but I'm extremely frustrated that I barely meet new girls every few months, and 90% of the time I ask them out they flake on me or straight up ghost me. I'm trying to focus on myself, but when I try to 'seize a chance' this shit happens and I just fall in a spiral of self-hate

Attached: 1526021895131.jpg (474x266, 17K)

>Haven't seen my dad in months.
>Moved thousands of miles away for a couple year job contract.
>Skype him once a week
>He missed a week
>Following week tells me I inspired him to go sign back up at local gym he hasn't been to in 15 years.
>Wants to talk routines

My birthday is coming up and I'd kill to have a quiet dinner with him over some fajitas.

First time posting in /sig/, sorry for the word shower, genuinely feeling like shit.
>be me
>bullied as a kid because incredibly skinny and then pretty chubby
>gentle caring motherly nature
>it got stomped to the ground in my childhood
>grew up without a father
>mother is a saint, but she was/is overprotective and I battled with sense of self-worth
>felt worthless 90% of my life
>forgot how to regulate negative emotions (I am not emotionless, I am actually quite emotional and expressive, not in a bad aggressive way) and I express them in explosive episodes (I'm incredibly positive 99% of the time and once in a time I just go apeshit depressive and verbally abuse people around me)
>this reflected into my intimate life
>all relationships were with women who were somehow damaged and the only way I could feel happy is if I could "repair" them
>last year I ended a relationship where I almost killed myself for the girl (suicidal emotional manipulator, nothing nice)
>meet my current gf
>has troubled past, her previous boyfriend (few years before we met) beat her and parents emotionally abused her
>is the sweetest human being I ever met
>lets me do things for her and doesn't abuse me verbally/emotionally
>tells me I am a man
>I feel happy, start being more positive
>start telling other people life is worth living, maybe believe in it
>even recovered my childlike positive gentle nature for a while
>still get random depressive episodes, she lets me have them but is scared of me when I feel bad because I am angry
>we are currently going through a rough phase in our relationship
>she's sad, stopped working out
>I'm down, barely lift
>have no idea why I'm sad, because objectively my life is fantastic, have an amazing gf, job, school I wanted, my relationship with mother is great
>had a meltdown yesterday
>yelled at gf that I don't know how to be happy and that in order for things to be okay I need to suffer
>afraid I'm ruining the first good romantic relationship I had

Attached: wojakk.png (509x619, 17K)

sorry for the cringeposting, wrote the whole thing and the stupid spambot won't let me post it for some dumb reason, so I'm just screening the thing and posting it as a pic.

Attached: fucking mods.png (610x374, 42K)

Having a whiny voice is pretty insufferable. I had somewhat similar like that too, my closest friend would say something along the lines "can you stop crying?" Because of my tone. One thing I've noticed, it a mindset thing also. If you keep finding things to complain and bitch about your voice is gonna end up that way because you want people to hear your unnecessary complaining

Hey man. It sounds like you've had it rough. You did get it right in a way saying that "for things to be right, you need to suffer" but not in the way you think it is.

You've had a bunch of shit happen to you and you've kept trying to fix other people in hopes of getting a by-product of happiness.
I'm so proud of you for having that kind of a drive but you have to directly help yourself as well.

>Angry
Anger is rarely the first feeling you get. It's usually a reaction to either fear or sadness. You need to let yourself feel sad and afraid over the things that make you feel like that. It's okay to do that.

Take your time, check out Mindfulness stuff in OP. Let yourself process the shit you've gone through in life. Look into it together with your girlfriend.
You both need to feel what you need to feel in order to move on, else a bunch of shit from your past will always gnaw at you in the back of your mind - and then it'll likely pop up as depression that "you can't find the reason to".

You sound like a great guy and I really think you can figure things out if you just turn that gentle nature towards yourself too.

That's a great post though man.

I'm by no means an expert in this domain, but as i understand it the rule is:

>if they flake and don't offer another time, they aren't interested and are just trying to be nice
>if they flake and immediately propose another time, they are interested and something genuinely came up

That's the theory I've seen on Jow Forums anyway. So far have yet to have one offer to rearrange so i might just be fucking up opportunities but i don't think so

In a similar position to you my man. Don't know what the solution to our problem is. But just try to stick to a routine, don't overthink. Allow yourself 30 minutes a day to ruminate and worry. Then for the rest of the day just get on with it.

But ultimately, I think you need to deal with the underlying issues you have spoken about. I think you think that you understand what is wrong with you. But, I think it is also possible that you don't completely understand yourself. Maybe consider going on nature walks and focus on introspection. You should also consider professional help if you are financially able to do so.

I just want to say that this is the only thread that I frequent in Jow Forums besides the occasional /lit tour, I even have it bookmarked, I've learned so much from it and I'll keep contributing to it until I can't anymore.

Thank you all.

Attached: D2HEiVDU4AAosWl.jpg (1024x768, 129K)

Thank you user, I genuinely appreciate those words, thank you deeply. I do hope I will get over it. I wish you the best of luck my man, keep going on also.

Pretty much what you wrote. I do hope we both find a solution to our problems and get rest from these problems. I wish you the best of luck also, user. Thank you.

Attached: kot.jpg (728x852, 61K)

same here user, good things will come your way

meditating twice a day, going to gym everyday and stopped fapping

thanks sig

Same, one thing I've really figured out was that it's better to have systems vs goals, instead of goals I have habits, and after completely creating a new habit I start another one, and so on and so on, stacking them.

It's probably the best piece of advice I can give, have habits in place.

It's also the language. I'm only whiny in Russian, I sound normal in other languages. And my voice is deeper in English for some reason, so that's my preferred language for now.

> Is being angry a form of entertainment for you?

That is complicated. I play league of legends. I rage, when the mates are retarded. I rage when I play complete shit. I hate it, but I still play it.

I'd like to stop but I don't know what to do when I am low energy.

I have some hobbies that need some energy (Programming, digital art) but I don't have hobbies that I can do when I don't have any energy.

Any ideas what to do?

Attached: 1553265874669.png (700x700, 615K)

Sometimes I ask the my girl what her friends are gossiping about concerning us. I know they are. Mostly I don’t care but I also don’t want another shit show where gossip poisons another relationship- given if my girl is not about taking that shit seriously

>That is complicated. I play league of legends. I rage, when the mates are retarded. I rage when I play complete shit. I hate it, but I still play it.
>I'd like to stop but I don't know what to do when I am low energy.

Oh boy I had a screencap explaining that one a few days ago.
Will take me some time to find it again though.
Will search for that in the evening, maybe I have to respond in the next /sig/ for that.
When I find it, I will reply to your post again.

>I play league of legends
Grow up.

>gossip is currency
I had to see it with my gf and also her mother.

gossip
is
fucking
currency
for those women

if your gf or her friend circle have the same mentality, well shit.
Everything I say, regarding me, my family, or my friends she tells her mother and hell her mother tells some shit her friends.
The girl with the best gossip and stories is always on top.

spoiler: it doesn't get better than holding hands
good luck tho

I hope you'll find it. Thanks for the help!

You are not dealing correctly with your angriness. I also tend to get angry easily and it normally is a reflection of being under pressure or stressed, perhaps in your case it is because you are disappointed with some aspect of your life.

Anyway, first step is being aware of your situation and knowing exactly your problem (when and why it triggers). Shor term solution: try to breath deeply and count from 1 to 100 whenever you feel like this, also get your face wet so your brain enters in "dive" mode.

Mid-term solution: Relief as much stress as you can when exercising, be it running, lifting or boxing. Another relaxing thing I recently found is carpentry. Hitting things with a hammer is calming.

Long term solution: Grow up. Understand that it's normal to be angry, but don't let that feeling control you, instead control that feeling. Redirect that energy to something productive. Nietzsche said something really interesting about how our feelings control us, more info here - >
youtu.be/YI8g8ll-QUA

I hope you get to control being angry, goid luck user.

Uninstall LoL. I guess the only positive thing coming from playing it is playing with friends and so, still not worth it. It's a total loss of time, I've been there.

When I'm low energy I normally watch films/series. It's not the most productive thing in the world, but if you watch good films at least you develop some taste and become more cultured. I guess reading fiction is the same, but find a book that is appealing to you, there is no sense in going through 800 pages of Dostoevsky if you are bored reading it.

>be me exactly one year ago, 18yo khv skeleton
>start lifting because of muh HS oneitis
>start oly lifting 8 months ago, meet great bros and make all kinds of gains, win regional championships
>literally every single aspect of my life improves, graduate from HS and start college
>girls finally hitting on me
>feeling better than ever
>friend sends me a screenshot of oneitis tinder profile

Hold me bros, looks like I'm still not over her
I'm not even sure if I should just move on or ask her out (we didn't meet for a year so she still thinks I'm that awkward scrawny guy)

Really need some advice here

Attached: 1549963487356.jpg (606x514, 29K)

Consider first how you'd deal with rejection. Honestly. Neither talking yourself down nor being overconfident.

If you honestly feel like you'd crumble and fall off the Jow Forumswagon, you better work your mental shit out first.

>one chance at life
>Scoliosis
>Should be two inches taller
Only hope is some straightening and decreased mobility

why would your bro do such a thing to you?

I'm trying to quit Juul because I know I'm addicted and it's unhealthy.

However, I'm in college and I use it to deal with stress from exams/work/etc. My friends and fraternity brothers love their Juuls so I don't have much support for quitting. I've (halfheartedly) tried to quit before but finals are approaching.

What do? Wait until finals are over and quit cold turkey? Or wean myself off it? Also, what other outlets for stress would you recommend?

Attached: goodshit.jpg (301x430, 79K)

losing weight won't get rid of your depression, the journey itself will, along with all of the other bad habits you drop along the way. I don't know what you do to get any sort of meaningful rest but do what you can to get a proper night's sleep, maybe some melatonin

Wait until the finals are over.

Can you reduce the amount of nicotine?
Also, when you go for a Juul break, go drink some water instead.
Chew gum ( xylitol, not sugar )