/fat/ - "You're here to graduate, not to stay" edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For repentant calorie thieves who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT. Ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
quen.life/forecast/

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micro-nutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>walk, swim, or bike, just get moving.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

PREVIOUS THREAD:

Attached: permanence.jpg (682x1023, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets
exrx.net/Lists/WorkoutMenu
examine.com/nutrition/low-fat-vs-low-carb-for-weight-loss/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tell me what you've done or your ass is getting crusaded.

Attached: fat boys talk.png (1229x1160, 58K)

I've done nothing.

Nothing at all.

Twenty three years of nothing.

What a miserable human being I have turned out to be.

Attached: 1552684695062.png (576x597, 7K)

Well you're here now, time to turn that shit around, or you'll just end up here again in the future with an even bigger pity party.

>hop on scale
>oh i lost weight, that can't be right
>hop on scale again
>back to yesterday's weight
that's more like it

>early 20s
>5' 9''
>188 lbs
I'm running around 6 to 7 mph for ~30 mins straight everyday, and then some light weights, in the evenings. My heart rate hovers ~180-190 bpm the entire duration on my cardio. Is that safe or I'm I just a bitch? Been doing this for 2 weeks and for the first couple of days I had a hard time sleeping due to hunger caused from the workout. No hunger anymore but there's a weird sensation in my chest when I sleep.

Attached: filo_expanded.png (250x250, 105K)

>already a manlet
>now I look 2in shorter because of lower spine arch and shoulder bend
Tell me once I lose weight I can correct my fucked up poster.

Attached: 1476733604900.png (882x1289, 55K)

Over the weekend I drank about 7k worth of booze and soaked it up with about 5k worth of fast food

no ragrets

Yes.
Start correct it right now, though. Look up posture fixes online.

>no ragrets
Sure pajeet, but then don't come back bitching about not losing weight.

>inb4 "b-but this was my last time doing it, I swear"
Never gonna make it

Got sick over spring break because of my mom who was sick herself ( although everyone is really) managed to miss my calisthenics regimen, broke no fap streak of 1 month due to boredom while sick. My diet wasn't bad though, mostly protein or fruit

This post is the equivalent of being 25 years old in high school.

I weight myself once every two weeks, started a month ago. First 2 weeks lost 10 kg (was on an extreme diet of less than 500 calories a day) and cardio and hiit workout. I didnt expect to lose so much, and it got into me. The next 2 weeks i didnt excercise that much and ate 1500 calories per day. When i hopped on scale i had lost only 2 kg in 2 weeks. On 28th of march becomes my third 2 weeker and i hope to have lost 5 or 6 kg since i am with a less than 1000 calories per day and excercise. When i started was 132 kg and my goal weight is 90 kg.

/swimbro/ here

Had a semi-slip up. I was at about 970 calories today and treated myself to a "medium size-amount" of donair meat from a mom and pop restaurant.
I have no idea how many calories it was, so i just didn't eat again after 6. I took a longshot guess of 1000 cals. Anything less and i'd be under my deficit a little.
Tomorrow i'm back on the horse.

CW: 191 lbs
SW: 233 lbs
GW: 170 lbs

Total weight loss has been 42 lbs. Hoping to lose another pound by my birthday on Thursday..

Attached: 1549351923285.jpg (1439x1374, 204K)

remember that you can't really force that big weight loss numbers without fasting and all that jazz, a kilo is 7000 calories which already adds up to a1000kcal daily deficit

Dear Diary,
Fasting has not been working for me fat bros. I'm too much of a pussy, I'm going to start eating keto and doing cardio

user, why don't you just eat at a deficit and stop the meme diets?
You don't see professional athletes ignoring carbs or fasting or whatever other meme diet, and they have professional nutritionist and dietitians telling them exactly what to eat for maximum performance.

I'm a fat retard and can't eat carbs at all without bingeing. The only way I can eat at a deficit is to eat keto

then probably just do that desu

That's pretty good. I just started running again and I'm not up to that yet. Make sure you stretch a lot. Get your glutes, I didn't stretch mine and apparently that's what caused my knee injury. I would do my calves, quads, and hamstrings but never my glutes. There is a tendon that runs down from your ass to below your knee and it hurts like a motherfucker when you injure it.

Are professional athletes trying to lose weight?

So you're going to do keto for the rest of your life because you can't control yourself? Good luck buddy, cya in 2 months when you drop that fad diet like you did the last one.

Yes? Depending on the sport obviously but in most cases they will walk around at a much heavier weight than they would at peak performance. Look at MMA fighters or cyclists, they don't perform very often but when they do they drop a decent chunk of weight to get into peak condition, yet (almost) none of them do keto.

Makes you think, huh?

How possible would it be for a 5’9 360lb man(me) to lose 80 pounds in 4 months eating 1500 calories a day? I want to get into a better shape before I get another job and will continue to lose weight after the 4 months.

Attached: 901D321D-7A40-4DCE-A33E-B212A52B42D8.png (800x800, 1M)

You're not going to lose that much.
You will lose a fair bit, though, so you should just get on the wagon and start.

literally ate two of the big bags of peanut m&ms
im never gonna make it, i love good food too much

You love shit food too much, you mean.

Anyone other than fighters? That's more of a short term loss of water weight. It's really not the same as what we are trying to do.

I'd hardly consider that food

Hmm you might be right. I already started 2 months ago at 390 but I haven’t been taking it serious. Now I wanna actually go hard with working out

The difference between nothing and literally anything is a lot more effective than between whatever you're doing and taking it seriously, sadly.

A lesson I myself learned.

>started to lose weight when I was younger
>life hit me with some bullshit
>fuck it this is who I am
>accept it smoked weed everyday
>tried to start working out at least once a year
>gave up after a week each time
>got sick of seeing myself in a mirror again
>5'10 272
Been dieting and exercising for a month now. Down 15 pounds already. Haven't smoked weed since the first of the month. Feeling great and I'm starting to feel confident that this time is it bros.

Reminder: Low carb diets are more effective than counting calories.

>6'0"
>210lbs
>looking to hit "normal" BMI and leave overweight
>184lbs is the number to hit

26lbs doesn't seem that impossible.

You're off to a great start, user

Any sport which isn't done too often will have some kind of weight loss and diet needed, like marathon runners is another good example. They run every couple of months but don't do keto.

I'm not really against keto or anything, do whatever the fuck you like, but one "diet" will always be true, and that's the diet of science says if your caloric intake is lower than your calories burned, you will lose weight. And you sure as shit can maintain a diet of anything you want, just less of it.

I lost a lot of weight on the ketogenic diet but I really wanted to try zero carb/carnivore. After a week of it I'm so tired of it. Eating browned 73% meat is so gross. 1lb cooked turns into a bowl of something like beef soup since there's so much liquid fat. It doesn't taste bad and I'm pretty damn full after it but it's just so boring. At least when I was adding seasoning and vegetables it was somewhat enjoyable. But I can't add a chopped onion, chili powder, chopped celery, or even fucking salt according to zerocarb purists.

I made it a week of just meat, eggs, and cheese and want to die of boredom. Think I might go back to just keto. I never even ate that many vegetables to begin with. Can't believe these carnivore guys can do this every day.

That would be one hell of a whoosh.
Hit it hard and start exercising. Go for walks every day for at least 45 minutes to start and then increase time and intensity.
I helped a 350lb buddy lose 100lbs but it took 5 months and a lot of self-discipline on his part.

Thanks man. Started coming here again for advice and fph threads for motivation. Two buddies who I've met this past year used to be captain of his high school track team and a former pt. So I've had a lot of support.

I'm not arguing in favor of keto, I just don't hear about anyone but fighters dropping weight. Football, basketball, baseball, soccer. I have never heard of them losing weight for competition.

Ate half a pizza and two sides.
I fucking hate myself. I made it and then gained it all back due to some depression tier events.
Even worse I cant get the will to try again.
End me brehz

pretty much me
CW: 185
SW: 225
GW: 170

Attached: FDC5BFD6-F7B1-41BA-9BBF-D97C9D85F935.jpg (1152x2048, 253K)

I'm finally approaching my goal weight and want to start lifting. For the time being I only have dumbbells available. I couldn't find a good dumbbell routine in the sticky and I've been told that Darebee workouts are a meme. Anyone knows a good dumbbell routine?

Because for those things weight loss isn't as important and they are "in season" all the time. They can be substituted on or off whenever. And fired if they aren't healthy enough.

For anything where losing weight is part of the sport, not many people do keto, while training or while dieting. It would be harder to find people that do keto than people that don't, so giving examples is hard because it's just "everything"

how to lose weight

i got 0 health problems
gained weight from 80 to 121 in 7 years
i wanna lose it all

Attached: photo_2019-03-25_10-56-25.jpg (1280x960, 121K)

Why try to encourage someone doing a more effective diet to switch to a less effective diet?

Bought a posture fixer from Amazon, it's working ok for me

Here's a list of workout templates you can pick from. For each muscle it has a fairly complete list of possible movements. Pick one of the dumbbell lifts.

exrx.net/Lists/WorkoutMenu

going omad and sticking to it is the easiest way to lose weight, first week might be hard and after that it's a breeze

Fasting, keto, or fasting+keto.

100% carnivore sounds crazy. No spices of any sort?

Not all foods are equal. Low carb diets WITHOUT calorie counting are more effective than calorie counting.

Because you shouldn't be on a "diet", what's so hard to get? A diet implies it is a temporary fix you will eventually stop.

If you can honestly and truly keep it up forever, then go for it, whatever, but the person just said they stopped one fad diet to bounce to another, as if that will magically solve their problems.

The solution isn't in some magic specific type of food you eat, it's simply eating at a caloric deficit and exercising regularly.

This scientifically invalid, shut the fuck up blockhead retard fucking dunce blog article reading fucking ape brain backwards ass fucking spanner forehead flat earther.

Why are there so many low calorie foods around but barely any super dense high calorie foods?
>inb4 peanutbutter
no stfu, not enough calories. Same with pasta, IM NOT GAINING WEIGHT

Here's 23 studies proving you are wrong.

i gained seventeen (17.000) pounds in the past six days by gorging massively every single day

knowing my body and how fucking shitty it is, every last ounce of that became fat that went straight to my gut and sides. hooray for erasing two months of progress in a singular week!

Attached: 3DE9B8CE-265F-45A0-8878-37EDE25AD353.jpg (794x1001, 134K)

Counting calories is a diet.

Why use a less effective diet? Why discourage someone from using a more effective diet?

It just seems like you're trying to drag people down.

Don't.

Don't do that.

i don’t have a choice. when i go back to my parents house for breaks (like this past week) i simply go down and binge eat. it’s a completely autonomous compulsion that i’m powerless against. probably from years of doing that every night in high school. i’m like an animal operating entirely on whims when i’m here. it’s really sad

Brehs I need that one image collage with all the women tied along with the Alexis Carrel quote, I'm hungry for that image

Maybe you gained muscle mass, buddy.

13 days but the scale is impossible to evaluate cause I started on creatin, did i lose weight on the pic to the left or am I standing still?

Attached: 12-25.jpg (3564x2716, 1.21M)

Never eat food that fucks with your hormones (i.e. refined carbs). I never could stop binging when I ate bread. Now I just don't eat bread at all.

Tell your parents.

Ask them to get rid of the binge food for you.

I know your feels though. I'm the same way. I go over to mummy's for dinner twice a week and always eat like shit but the damage is containable.

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for!

>A diet implies it is a temporary fix you will eventually stop.
Are you going to eat at a deficit forever?

Oh I think you're in the wrong thread. This is for people trying to lose weight not gain it.

Maybe you shouldn't have done that?

Ate like a pig yesterday but the good news is I'm completely out of money for the next 10 days so I'm gonna eat light

You are going to need to watch your calories forever, because it's obvious that your set point for eating is fatty tier.

Yes, people need to build habits that they can maintain forever or else they are just going to end up fat again.

Maybe you shouldn't have done that?

You are not powerless against it and you made the choice to binge.

You can just cut carbs and never count calories ever.

Low carb is more effective than calorie counting.

thanks for the comments boys

it’s simply indescribable how much i managed to fuck my body up in just one week. I feel like the result of some fucked up WW2 experiment where they wanted to see how badly you could fuck your shit in one week. I mean seriously. when i arrived here i felt lean (for a useless fat fucker anyway) and light on my feet. I even felt decent about how i looked which does not ever, I mean EVER happen to me because of how deep seated and virulent my self hatred is

and now after just one singular week I go look in the mirror and I see a literal bloat lord. Like the greek grizzly guy but not strong. just weak and fat. even my face bloated up so i’m back to having a disgusting baby fat fucker face. my gut is protruding massively as well

all that in just one week! And let me tell you guys i tried HARD in the last month. HARD from mid feb to mid march. And the scale went from310 to 306 in that whole month. I shit you not 1750 cals every single day MyFitnessPal to a T like an autist and an hour of cardio 5x a week. And the scale simply didn’t movefor a month of that punishment

so my conclusions here is that my body doesn’t work correctly, i’m an obese and disgusting failure of a man, and the only good thing that could happen in my life would be a secret police force dragging me out of my apartment (the rent for which i leech from my rich dad like the useless obese liability that i am) and putting two bullets in the back of my fucking skull

don’t end up like me. if you have mental illnesses and stress disorders please for the love of god don’t take it out on food. you’ll be the pig, just like me. that what i call myself the pig. and i also hit myself violently in the face and gut and try to leave bruises while screaming at myself.

thanks for reading

Attached: FD7C94E0-1B0D-4EE0-B0F8-8A0E89103C81.jpg (450x629, 100K)

>You can just cut carbs and never count calories ever.
Good luck doing that for fifteen years.

upboated

In all serious user I'm not gonna say it gets better because it may not, but you only fail when you stop trying. So if you're still trying, don't feel bad. You haven't failed at anything yet.

Those all compare low carb to low fat and are also short term, some even only a few weeks.
Literally fucking brainlet tier like I expected, really fucking stupid. Why are you trying to defy basic science and human bodily functions with blog posts?

I'm saying you don't need a specific diet. That's my entire point, why do you have trouble reading? It's the first few words.
The best diet is one you can keep up forever, AKA not a fucking diet, but a healthy routine which fits your caloric needs for either weight loss or weight gain, and doesn't leave you with cravings or hunger.

If that's keto for you, then do keto. What the fuck ever, but my point was to the original person that bouncing from diet to diet is not a magical fix. Typed the same thing twice now because you apparently can't read.

Avoiding carbs is easy. Fatty foods are delicious.

I feel like we're having a misunderstanding.
>you shouldn't be on a "diet"
By that do you mean that you shouldn't be restricting what type of foods you can or can't eat? Because then I agree. This could be my fault because my general definition of diet is a caloric deficit.

They're not from the "animal kingdom" so they're not allowed apparently. I don't know if I want to buy into it. The whole "just eat 3lb of beef" mentality without caring about calories is strange too.

"Low fat" being the conventional American diet.

The scientific evidence is indisputable. Low carb works better than calorie counting.

Lowering carbohydrate intake is a way easier lifestyle change than having to micromanage and measure everything you eat.

Attached: 1552730040485.jpg (300x295, 63K)

It sounds pretty gross desu. Don't do it just because some weirdos are doing it.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Hunger, satiety, and weight gain are all controlled by hormones. You've just got to get your hormones under control.

>Lowering carbohydrate intake is a way easier lifestyle change than having to micromanage and measure everything you eat.
opinion

If measuring and counting calories is easier why is eating low carb without calorie counting more effective?

This isn't opinion. It's an objectively proven fact.

That's an excuse. You make the decision to binge or not, even if you refuse to acknowledge it.

I'm still a fat fuck, but I'm making steady progress. While I'm keeping fastidious records of every scrap of food I eat, and keep everything strictly within the limits I set for myself, I have to deal with a fridge/freezer/cupboards full of junk food. While the ice cream in my freezer would be tasty, it's not fucking worth it. It can suck when I'm eating a salad, and four feet away someone is chowing down on taco bell... But I'm through with giving in to such useless temptation. Frankly it's not even that tempting anymore. The cravings for junk food have nearly disappeared.

It's hard to give up the habit of saying "fuck it", and just eating whatever you please. For me, I finally said "fuck it, I'm sick of killing myself through lazy mindless indulgence".

I am the arbiter of my consumption. If I eat something I shouldn't, the blame will always rest solely with me.

I have some blisters on the sole of my feet, any cardio I can do that won't be too painful there? Even walking hurts now.

"way easier lifestyle than" is an opinion
depends on which part of the feet. If the front is ok you could bike or even run

Skipped going to the gym after work today even though I should have gone.
>Worked 6 am to 4:30 pm due to an extra meeting and don't want to be home at 6 pm and dealing with a crowded gym were my excuses
Make it stop

Attached: wagiewagiedoom.png (500x521, 241K)

>Be chubbyboi
>Nothing too crazy, but was around 106kg at 6'1; got sick of deluding myself that "the muscle evens it out bro"
>Cut down to around 90kg
>Gained back to about 92ish where I am now
>Still decent progress, I don't look fucking terrible now
>Decide to finally get a tattoo
>Have to ditch my shirt in front of my tattoo artist I met two seconds ago, my female friend who was coming with me, a qt in the waiting room and a girl who works there
>Do it with no hesitation
>Actually feel comfortable with no shirt on for once despite all the people who saw me walking around shirtless
>Tattoo actually looks OK; small piece but because I'm no longer full on lardbeast it looks exactly how I wanted it to

Felt fucking good brehs. For once without my shirt on I felt like nobody was internally laughing at me. Nowhere near looking jacked, so I can only imagine that would be even better. Actually motivated me a shitload to lose that remaining few kg's. My first goal is 87kg, then after that I want to lose another 3 or 4 to plant me firmly in the healthy weight category for my height.

>Twenty three years

Go fuck yourself. You can turn everything around in a year right now. If you have an actual problem like depression, go find a therapist. Either way, you will likely feel better once you feel you are in control of your fate.

Obviously the calorie counters must be struggling if they can't even keep up with low-carbers. And that's at the start of a change they are supposed to maintain indefinitely.

After all, it's just CICO, right buddy?

I don't know what you're on about now

About where it says thyroid. Bike is my first option right now but it still feels feet pressure, I don't know, maybe I'm retarded.

>Typical American is a blog post reader and gets all of his "education" from a google search, and backs up his opinions with whatever results he finds that "prove" them.

The "proof" is that calories in -> calories out, and that a ketogenic diet will do better on paper in the short-term because you don't carry water weight, which will make you lose an extra 10lbs rapidly when you begin in the first few weeks.

examine.com/nutrition/low-fat-vs-low-carb-for-weight-loss/
Wow look, I googled something that proves you wrong. Guess what? A major study (600+ people) of 12 months, and guess what? It made no difference, only calories in -> calories out mattered...No way.

Wow. Amazing, who would have thought, basic human functions and science you learn at the age of 10 prevails, wow.

It was quiet for a little while. I think it might be a European who just woke up for a nice long day of shitposting.

If counting calories were easier it would be more successful, not less successful.

The fact that eating low carb without counting calories works better is objective proof it is easier.

Carbs are useful if your cardio session is longer than 20 minutes, I don't get the hate.
Lowering my intake requires no big change in my diet, removing carbs would.

>by month 3 ... the low-carb group was consuming an average of 96.6 g of carbs per day
So carbs made them fat.

>Ironically, a potential confounding factor masking an interaction could have been that both diets were based on whole foods.
By the end of the study their diets were practically identical.

And the "low carb" (except not really) group still lost a couple extra pounds.

Attached: lowfat-vs-lowcarb-consumption.png (1080x1250, 40K)

Imagine your self when 30yo. Do you want to say that you did 30 years of nothing or that you did 23 years if nothing followed by 7 years of improvement?