Red pill me on the leg press

red pill me on the leg press

Attached: cyb-pl-legpress-1_2 - Copy.jpg (960x960, 92K)

Ego lifters favorite toy. If you go deep in a rep it can be a great workout don't be a faggot it should only been done as an accessory to proper heavy squat sets.

It gives you more gains and there's less risk of injury than barbell squats but free weight elitists will never admit to that.

Nonathletic people love to load it up and pretend they're strong.

Can confirm

Free weights are better as it help you learn to maintain your balance. Sure you can injure yourself but that’s what perfecting form is meant for. Leg presses are better if you don’t have a buddy but if you do. Free weights.

Naaaah if you get deep enough leg press is godly for both hypertrophy and strength. Heavy Squats, into heavy leg press gets that cns pump going hard.

It’s garbage and I’ve never once seen a guy with big legs use it. People just like to pretend they’re stronger than they really are.

>red pill me on the leg press
SNAP CITY

but seriously wouldn't recommend this exercise, squats are much better

stupidest exercise on the planet, squat in the smith machine if your that much of a pussy

Attached: 8yhXw4g.gif (384x288, 842K)

GOLIATH ONLINE

GO AHEAD TAC COM

Attached: 1539351753184.jpg (1024x768, 140K)

ive never seen a big guy whos leg routine doesnt involve leg press after deadlifts or squats

Easy to snap your shit due to the posture and weight used. Speaking from experience.

This is indeed fastest way to damage your major lower extremity joints. Barbell squats are more beneficial in every possible perspective.

Attached: knee-hip-joint-pain.jpg (293x260, 28K)

This.
Did Squats for years, became gradually stronger, but not much hypertrophy. 180 kg max, 150 for reps but chicken legs due to my height (195 cm).
Since two years i added heavy leg press and a fuckton of leg extensions. Now i got big boy wheels.

Yep. It scares the sit outside me lol. Saw some chick using her hands to push the knees back while doing it and got a very uncomfortable feeling. The safeties seem really iffy if you fail too.atleast when you fail a swuat you can usually just put it down. There are some standing leg presses which are very safe but they are rare for some reason.

Why not do both? I start with a squat, then do leg curls, then leg press and finish with diddlies and calf raises.

The thing about leg press is it's a magnet for ego lifters. No one ever increases weight in a linear progression they instantly go for full plates there is no other lift you can go directly to adding another 90lbs rather than adding an extra 5-10 and it's easier to lift off than it is to drive it off of you at the bottom of a rep so people get lulled into getting their shit snapped and getting stuck. It's also hard as fuck to lift it off of someone. People just need to use it right and it's safe.

>less risk of injury

You have no idea what even causes injury brainlet.

kinda in the same boat as a 194 cm guy

Don't go too heavy

What is 'too heavy'?

This. If you're stalling on squat, doing these+core work can help you break through easy.

Leg presses are crucial for leg development without overloading the posterior chain. Literally all of the strongmen do leg press. Bodybuilders do shit like leg extensions.

Attached: C8317DDA-226A-47A8-ACF3-67F7F90289F3.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

Hurts my knees unlike just squatting with a wide stance and toe angle, so I don't use it

*snap*

The range of motion cannot lie

>friend loads up a ridiculous amount of weight
>half reps
>when he stands up he starts looking around from the corner of his eye to see if anyone saw
>once in a while people come and shake his hand
>he lives for this shit

why are people like this? He gets mad when I put on less weight because i want to do full reps.

They're retarded. 20 rep deep leg presses are excruciatingly difficult and give me the best quad pump out of any exercise.

Attached: 304C8375-748A-4AC3-AE8D-AD79D67AD8FF.jpg (1668x765, 849K)

So you have to consciously engage glutes and quads? If I don't think I push with my knees

You aren't lifting as much as you think you are on a 45° leg press.
To find out how much you're lifting, you have to divide the weight of the plates + the weight of the pushing board by √2
So if the added weight + weight of the board is ~141.2kg, you're only really pushing 100kg.

You should do them after you squats as an accessory lift

Leg press is the ABSOLUTE best god tier exercise for building mass and working the whole trunk. I do a variant where I stand on the ground and put the weight in my back. You should try it.

Go very deep, get those legs completely straight and then all the way back down

They were made for the elderly or sick who couldn't pop a squat.

based

squats are the queen

Where can I learn more about form?

Just don't do this

Attached: leg press.gif (250x250, 1.56M)

What about friction from the slide? At high weights won't this add a noticeable amount of force?

My nibbas.

Attached: F19852F0-7982-4492-A3BD-545A9C347082.jpg (750x450, 29K)

It's like a bench press

For your legs

So it's called a leg press

Mind fucking blown

Also if you see someone doing this it is your duty to jump on the bar this is bullshit and I hope you die if you do this.

Attached: 1871_2.jpg (275x275, 15K)

I thought it was Sin45 x weight loaded
Also subtract bw when comparing to squats

>die
The bar literally cant go beyond the bottom rung of the Smith machine. Its impossible to die while doing those.

maybe he isn't implying that the person will die from preforming the exercise, but he hopes that they just die in general

Multiplying by sin(45) is the same as dividing by sqrt(2). Do you even trigonometry?

Useless meme lift

Good to superset with squats. But really not that great on its own. I do 5pl8 and I’m not even that big at all

>Dyel skelly who thinks protein and creatine are steroids.

exercise made for the homosexuals that are afraid of squats
i squat 4 plates and not one person in the gym has better legs than me not even the roidfags

I will never do this because I saw too many people break their legs with this and Im a pussy

Is this Euler ? Looks like someone else.... (Fig Newton)

Attached: floridastyle.jpg (679x713, 186K)

It's a stupid machine I can only do like 2.5 squats but I can put like 8 pl8s on each side and do ten reps no problem

It's practically useless.

Just leave your ego at the door and squat with less weight.

This is true. Im afraid of squat. Leg press is okay but im not going to do heavy squats. There is so much to go wrong. From fucking up your knees to fucking up your spine. I aint risking shit sir. Keep your heavy squats i will do gay machines.

All that to compensate for being short...

Good enough for Ronnie, good enough for me.

I've seen chicks do it, so I just mire their pussies instead of telling how dumb it is.

Do you know what progression is?

yes. Im squating exactly 30kg. Which is enought for me.

>did squats for years
>185kg max
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

isnt this just the machine version of front squats?
dyels like it because they feel like they're lifting heavy.

>Its impossible to die while doing those.

If I walk up and shoot you in the head while doing this you will die

only useful for hypertrophy/leg strength imo. I wouldn't rely on these to get stronger overall, since they take the rest of your body out of the equation. I would still squat/deadlift regularly.

>high weights
But I thought we were on Jow Forums

>powersharter trip enters the thread
Why not post as user, do you really need attention so badly

>The bar literally cant go beyond the bottom rung of the Smith machine. Its impossible to die while doing those.
An falling piano literally can't go beyond the level of the ground. Its impossible to die if it falls on you.

Recently stated to use this after my squats to burnout anything I have left in my legs. I do a 5x12 at a moderate weight with short rests.

I've always been hesitant to use it cuz its the ultimate ego lift machine. This one fucking ape that always goes to my gym and wears a bandana likes to grunt super fucking loud when doing it. What a tool.

imo they're a good accessory lift for the squat
squat is still better though

what the fuck is a red pill?

I'm tall(ish) and I squat more than 185
You know that from reading my trip, it saves a conversation

They usually have some bushing to mitigate it for smoothness, so it's fine to assume it's negligible

i like single leg work with it. then calves. then swap. go light and work rom.

also gainz for power but functional strength suffers. i like to do a like glute presses after but my fav is anything that makes you donkey kick. i dono what the anatomical term is but your moving your leg reverse and stretching your hip.

use your head and dont overload. you can fuck some shit up on those machines.

code for steroids

Lurk moar

Those are not even half reps

Waste of time, people who can’t squat 315 can put like 800lbs on a leg press
Partial reps
Fixed motion

It has to do with frequency dynamics of behavior/knowledge

Attached: 001.jpg (1280x800, 164K)

Locking of knees?

LOL

Literally nobody cares. You can shitpost and e-stat as an user. You just want us to know you. You should post on reddit instead since you like usernames and post history so much.

I can do full range of motion leg press with 735 for 8 reps, but I can only squat 215 for 6 reps.
If you want to get strong do squats, if you want to feel good then do the leg press

Powerfatters and noobs trying to be one of the powerfatters by preaching the squat gsopel are utterly retarded and one dimensional.
>hurr duuurrr ego machine do ego shqats instead

Squatting is fine, but you cant only do squats unless you a. Want to look like shit or b. Want to get injured.

Leg press is how you overload your legs without killing the rest of your body

Never going to make it

We are all gonna make it brah, it just takes time

I do these at home. Why the hate?

Even Arnie?

Attached: leg-press.jpg (288x583, 21K)

Great exercise for both size and strength. Used by professional athletes worldwide but called gay by internet lifters who don't actually play any sports but are for some reason concerned that it is 'less athletic' than the squat.

Girls in my gym do that, when they do, everyone in the gym stop and stare.

Man this is me right now. This was a wake up call

FUCKING DEATH TRAP AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Stupid Subhuman, the diagram on the machine clearly shows you only need to go 90 degrees.

broken_legs_lady.webm