Quitting alcohol cold turkey

I posted here a few days ago asking whether I'm an alcoholic or not and you guys said overwhelmingly yes.
This morning was the first time I didn't wake up with a drink, haven't drunk all day and I'm gonna see if I can just quit cold turkey. I fucked up badly enough to get myself into this hole so I'm the only one who can claw my way out.

Good luck to the 'No Coke and Booze' user in getting sober I hope you make it and I hope I do too.

Attached: IMG_20190323_200625.jpg (1393x773, 244K)

be careful man. alcohol withdrawals can actually kill you. drink water and Gatorade and have some excedrin ready.

I used to drink much, always made everything shit and sad. I have decided not to touch that overmarketed ferment water ever more. Stay strong, take a jog, swim or å sauna. Sweat that shit out. Three days top and you are completely over it, no compromises!

Attached: 1553477583118.gif (300x300, 3M)

>It is common among people with a history of alcohol withdrawal, those who drink heavily, and those who have had an addiction to alcohol for more than 10 years.

If you feel like. You need a drink and don't judt fancy one then you have a problem with alcohol.

Alcohol doesn't really taste good, it is just more socially satisfying so there is no real need for it unless you are socially drinking one or two or you are autistic and lack confidence.

In which case you have other problems lol

My father quit cold turkey. You can absolutely do it. Just like the another user said watch out. My dads liver almost gave out and physchologically almsot löst it

what?

ah its okay user, a little drink every now and then never hurt anybody

a bit of the old drink is actually good for you ask any doctor worth their salt and theyll tell you

bit of the old sips been used for thousands of years to cure headaches down to the common cold

ah, go on, have one for old time sake

Attached: 1547096131790.jpg (224x224, 9K)

I'm doing the same, last drink and cigarette was about 2pm on the 18th after drinking for about 24 hours from St Patrick's day. My plan

>lifting
>cardio everyday
>cold showers
>no fap
>meditation
>bjj

God speed user

>84 days without drinking

Attached: valde.jpg (360x312, 21K)

What are you some kind of faggot? A few shots of jack a day isn't shit, don't listen to the redpill MGTOW virgins on this board who never had a social life and think having a beer means being alcoholic

What the fuck is the fun in drinking alone? Like i completely understand the social inhibitions aspect of it, i am way more talkative and outgoing when I'm drunk, but drinking alone seems boring and depressing more than anything. Especially if its whiskey or something which let's be honest tastes like shit

Goodluck man, check out a AA meeting. Trust me it’s not a cult, you don’t need to commit but sitting down and hearing some fucked up but relatable stories helps you not drink. I only go to about 2 meetings a week, I’m going to my 9:30 meeting then the gym after. It’s a great routine for my Monday’s. Almost 2 years sober buddy

>tfw relapse after 6 weeks sober

congrats anons, i took decided to ditch the alcohol jew behind about 2 months ago. i was only a weekend warrior drinking maybe once a week but i'd binge hard that day.

life is so much better now. we're all gunna make it brohs. ALSO: binge drinking = insulin resistance for up to 54hours afterwards (in rats) so shits awful for ur fitness

>cold showers
>no fap
never going to make it

Good luck to you.
Don;t count the days, and remember: one day at a time.

cope, but also get help broh shits extremely unhealthy for you

Your digestive system adapts to prefer alcohol as a fuel source if you drink too much. Cutting that out cold Turkey can cause major problems.

this,why people (wrong) think these shit are even good for you.

Congratulations user!

But I wouldn't try to quit cold turkey, I would try some reduction strategies first, this shit can get to you.

listen to him user

if you're literally an alcoholic and drank every single day you will have withraw symptoms

Not him, but hes right and youre a fucking beta cuck.

Electrolytes, carbs (you will crave the fuck out of sugar, don’t over due it but a bit of paptart type foods can help you get through the first few weeks), and melatonin to cheat code sleep.

i 'quit' cold turkey. i have like one drink a week.

such a first world rich problem

i wish i could afford a bottle of jack daniels everyday

what a shit thread

Alcohol withdrawals can kill you, but it really depends on the person. I drank a liter a night and a handle each on Saturday and Sunday for a long time. I quit cold Turkey and was fine except for the crazy vivid dream I had the first night

being poor doesnt make you interesting or virtuous. you seem spiteful.

Good work lad. I'm trying my hardest too, keep slipping up at around the two week mark. My pattern goes like this:

>quit booze, for real this time
>two weeks later, never felt better
>lifting, nofap, meditating
>best version of myself
>get invited to a party or gathering
>socialanxiety.exe
>have just one drink
>have another
>etc
>fairly drunk
>leave earlier so I can go to the supermarket on the way back
>wine/beer purchased
>5am, go to bed
>gcc -o hangover.obj hangover.c
>skip lifting next day
>vidya, fap to some demented shit, tv
>feel like shit, how can I make myself feel better
>ah there is left over beer
>drink that
>want more
>to the supermarket
>./fastforward.pl
>it is a month later
>quit booze, for real this time

why am I like this.
t. an alcoholic

>my suck should make your suck suck less!

I quit heroin, not cold turkey but I did it without the help of rehab or NA/AA. You can do it too.