Whats harder to achieve 1pl8 military press or 2pl8 bench ?

whats harder to achieve 1pl8 military press or 2pl8 bench ?

Attached: 20190318_005242.jpg (424x334, 88K)

Bout the same. Don't press with your feet together like the bootlickers

>tfw can't do either

Attached: 1CxKtD2.gif (245x280, 926K)

I started with 90lb bench and 50lb press, now at 175lb bench and 110lb press, I assume I'll reach 1pl8 OHP first, probably just because I love it more and do more accessories for the shoulders than for the chest.

Bench for me
I did bench for about a year and atm only 92,5x5
Started ohping like 3 months ago consistently and can 1 plate already

For me its deffo bench.
Im at 57.5 kg for 5 ohp, but can only bench 82.5 kg for 5, and ive given these exercises the same amount of volume.

I think bench. I achieved both at about the same time (maybe a week or a week and a half difference) but I benched much more and focused on strength whereas I would usually OHP at lower weight for reps. and 135lbs OHP went much smoother than 225lbs bench (paused rep)

I can usually do 3x5 225lbs ohp and only work up to 3 reps of 265lbs bench and I've plateaued there. But I think after another bulk season I'll be ready for heavier

3x5 225 lbs ohp is extremely, and I mean extremely good. 265 lbs is just intermediate. Are you sure your form is on point user, no overly arching or leg drive? Looks extremely disproportionate

OHP objectively unless you literally never train chest

I have the same ratio for my bench and OHP wtf

post body unironically, your lifts are almost same as mine, its just my OHP is like 65x5 but bench is same as yours. I wonder if we look the same

I hit 135x5 OHP before I hit 225x1 bench

135 ohp is the easiest part of 1/2/3/4. 225 ohp is the hardest part of 2/3/4/5

I got 135 ohp before 225 bench

55kg ohp for 5*5
87.5kg bench for 5*5
Hoping to hit 90kg bench this week though

Already achieved 1 pl8 OHP. But still about ~7.5kg/20lbs away from Bench.

>60kg press
>80kg bench

I could OHP 1pl8 for 1 when I could only bench 1.7something

Im doing the strength meme currently and only look good in lighting with a pump. think: you can tell i lift but skinny fat. 180 at 78 kg btw

does it look comparable? 192cm 93kg btw

Attached: IMG_20181222_215041.jpg (1075x1691, 251K)

I've been working out for a year and 2 months.
I got to a 1pl8 OHP in 7 months, took me a year to do 225 BUT, my OHP has been stuck at 165 for 3 months now, while my bench is at 255 now.

did on sunday 50kg,almost shit myself.
1.5 month in the gym for now.

This is pretty fair

I can pull 5pl8lmao and my squat is close, but my pressing is POVERTY

I hit 135 OHP within like 6 months when I was 140 lb twink with good form too.

225 bench took me like fucking two years. Bench was way harder for me

I would say 1 pl8 OHp is the easiest to obtain of 1234, but you're probably going to be there forever.

Bench. I hit fucking 1pl8 OHP after two months. Bench took me fucking 7.

I do ohp on a machine because I'm afraid I'll kill myself if I use a barbell. What am I missing out on? I only press 100 lb.

>ppl in here are better at OHP than Bench
what tells me that you DYELS all doing push presses?

Attached: zyzz.png (680x750, 775K)

This

I never hit 2pl8 bench and I'm at 1.5 pl8 ohp right now

dude, you look great
literally jason stathem tier
this place gives people body dysmorphia

Bench for me. I hit 1pl8 OHP while benching only ~170lb

my chest just doesnt want to grow. my bench lags so hard. thinking about quitting and going for db press

That makes sense if you think about it. Going from 1 to 2 plate OHP is a 66% increase whereas going from 4 to 5 plate deadlift is 22% increase

I reached 2pl8 bench before 1pl8 press
Now got 135kg bench and 80kg press

1 plate press was the hardest for me out of 1/2/3/4, by far. I only finally hit it earlier this year.

2 plate bench was actually the easiest.

Bench is a meme. Real men press.

You deffo have more muscles mass than me, especially concidering the height difference. 57.5 and 65 isnt really THAT close on a lift like overhead press either, could easily take me 1-2 months to get my press up 7.5 kg

Attached: gainiskhan.jpg (678x1169, 152K)

This. That range is astonishingly hard to make gains in.

Same.

I hit 1 pl8 OHP waaaaay before 2 plate bench, 1pl8 OHP is ez

Absolutely. OHP isn't as hard to progress on than people make it out to be. I think it might be harder to progress on at higher weights. But 1pl8 is relatively easy.

What tells me that your shoulders are shit due to low t and high estrogen? Only people with good shoulder genetics (high T) are good at strict pressing

I stopped OHP at 135 x 5. It gave me neck crank sometimes whenever I tried to break my PR. And I found that my shoulders grow better from slow tempo lateral raise than OHP.

I bench close grip only but my chest still grows from the dips I do.

tfw
215 ohp
265 bench

whats wrong with me

You're lucky user. I started at 65 bench, and just the bar ohp. Now got 265 bench and 155 press.

My squat's still at 165 though. Which is weird, cause I diddly 385

1 plate military press easily

Whats vin diesel like irl?

i can do lmao1pl8 The Press™ for 2, maybe 3 reps on a good day, but i am fucking nowhere near 2pl8 for even 1
funny that

Same for me man. I didn't even have to train to squat 3 and dead 4. Took about 3 months to get to 2 bench. Took me for fucking ever like 6 months to get 1 plate ohp.
I was a distance runner in college though.

Squat more

2plate bench by far.
1platw ohp is easy shit.
It really should be 155x5 for 1 year lifters

Truth. I was able to OHP 135 out the gate (6'3" 285 at start) and now ive got the 3/4/5 but have been struggling on OHP. Been at 165-175 range for a while.

I've been doing bench one day and ohp the day after. Is 24 hours wait OK or is this adversely effecting my ohp and bench?

Attached: 1543857969245.gif (582x411, 1.56M)

I can strict press 75kg and still can't bench 100kg

I too squat less than bench, fuck my crooked legs

OHP was the first of the big 4 i got to 135, followed by bench, squat, the deadlift. I have naurally big trapezoids and shoulders though.

Normal ratio is ohp is 60% of bench. So you’re both oddballs.

Bench is easier only if you're fat.

I got two plate bench about the same time as a one plate ohp, but I got a three plate bench long before my two plate press

Bench is the hardest for me. I never feel like I get the form right. OHP I can at least feel all the muscles involved and can squeeze them. Bench I have no fucking clue and I swear my form changes every time I bench.

bench was way harder for me. i was stuck at 95 kg for the longest time. then i doubled my volume and blew past 100kg in a few weeks.

Bench for sure
>tfw short arms and fat gut but OHP is still better

Why don't you just follow the programs instead of making your own.

24h between bench and OHP is completely fine. i've been doing the same to work in both lifts twice a week and the gains have been very good

Fuck Im the total opposite, all legs no upper.
tfw I have full trex body and my squat is 255 but my bench is 145 and my OHP is 105

WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS THREAD? Why is everyone here so weak all of a sudden? Reading through this is almost physically hurting me.
I hit a plate on OHP literally after a week of lifting. Bench took a lot longer to get to 2plates and I couldn't keep on doing OHP due to pains in forearm when doing the movement.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x230, 598K)

For me bench 6’3 long arms and full rom

My body is weird. I can 1 pl8 OHP for 2 reps but my bench is stalled at 1 rep @ 90kg.

Yet my chest looks like the only thing I train at the gym is chest..

Probably people being more honest about their lifts as opposed to the old “you only squat 550? Weak fag” while avoiding posting pics cause the had some kind of oath to never post pics on Jow Forums and after awhile a lot of people who get Jow Forums leave this place cause it’s the same shit over and over.

Yeah, your long arms will have affected your OHP as well, retard.

150 ohp 205 bench reporting in

Not nearly as much faggot, I think I’d know how it feels a little better than you

Nah mate. I know. Dumb fruit. I'll stomp your guts out faggot.

You tell me

Attached: 195press.webm (596x776, 1.14M)

Im on SL 5x5 and I can't progress my OHP every workout like it says. I'm at 32.5kg ohp. I eat sleep so what's the issue?

Because you’re lying, how would you hit a 1 pl8 press with a week of lifting then be too much a pussy to keep doing the lift

You could just as easily be a back breaking arch benching cheater

lifting for strength was a mistake

Nice cheat rep you fraud, Don't think i didn't see that fucking drop at the start.

If your feet aren't together, it's not a military press. It's an overhead press.

>almost got that 1pl8 OHP goodness
>cant progress past that 1pl8 bench

Attached: 675967809870.jpg (728x650, 77K)

i'm having trouble benching because I have a bad scapula positioning on the bench, while I can OHP 1pl8 easy

Bench is usually a little easier, getting good with the press usually takes a while to get into. That's what most people say anyway, I find myself having to deload with the press more often than bench, but it's good because every time I back down, my form becomes more polished and it feels cozier.

Most people also don't THE PRESS because they're always stuck with baby weight because they don't want to have to deal with drilling out an exercise they're bad at.

>What am I missing out on?
Everything.
Squeeze your glutes tight, and brace your abdomen, you won't snap your back if you take your time.

>that creatine hairline

Bench was harder to achieve for me

>Tried to do military press with 1pl8
>Instant back pain
Tf?

What's wrong with a push press? Other than autistic oneupmanship?

Pretty beastly even with bounce

You have weak core

I press 78kg and bench less than 70.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x498, 207K)

push presses are a great exercise, it's just that people tend to tell their push press stats when asked for OHP, which usually refers to a strict press
Golden ratio for pressing is OHP ~ 60-65% of your bench, and push press ~80% of your bench. If some anonymous guy is further is above ~70%, you can be quite sure he's referring to his push press instead of his OHP

>/broscience general/

it's mechanically impossible to bench less than you OHP unless you have an injury (e.g. pec tear or rotator cuff injury) preventing you from getting into bench position