Any Jow Forumsizens here who practice martial arts and also lift?

any Jow Forumsizens here who practice martial arts and also lift?
i stopped going to the gym after picking up muay thai and just mainly did calisthenics and bodyweight shit, but im thinking of lifting again,
looking for routines that will increase fighting performance and still allow me to train muay thai effectivly the next day
share you're routines lads

Attached: Garry-Tonon-1-1024x574.jpg (1024x574, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cj4hdIGbDHs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone who lifts while boxing? I can’t seem to find any time to lift and don’t want to decrease performance in boxing, so is there anyway where I still can gain muscles without fucking my conditioning up?

Combine with and calisthenics. But you'll have to cut out volume training and just do 3x5 for strength if you want your MA training to take priority, else you'll be too drained/affect your performance. At least that's what I noticed for myself.

I do a shortened 3x5 routine:

Bench/OHP 3x5+
Weighted chin/pull 3x5+
Weighted hip thrust 5x10 (10 second suede squeeze each rep)
Curls for the girls 3x5

Depends how much you do of both.

If you are competing, you should only lift once to twice a week if that. Lift for strength / power.

If you just mess around you can easy do both. It all depends what you want to do more in.

>I do MMA, I also have a barbell next to my bed.
So I only pay for one gym.

Attached: IMG_0276.jpg (640x424, 149K)

Have you tried doing any plyo or functional training to supplement MA class?

The way my schedule is right now, I think I'll only be able to do train Judo. Is it worth it bros? I want to train bjj/wrestling at the same place, this gym has multiple UFC/Muay Thai pros it's a great opportunity, but I don't have the time with work and school right now.

tl;dr: is Judo worthless irl?

>tl;dr: is Judo worthless irl?
i dont know, that depends on what you personaly want to get out of martial arts

Will anything I learn transfer over to bjj/wrestling or Muay Thai? Technique, gains of any sort... I did wrestling as a kid but I'm tempted to do this just to get my foot in the door.

i just do the kettle bells class. ez

I'd say do it for sure - as someone who does only bjj and kickboxing, I would love to have a background in judo

Thanks user I think I'm gonna do try it for a couple months at least.

BJJ is literally groundwork of judo. It’ll transfer just fine.

good, thanks frens

I’m running a PHUL program while competing 3-5 times a year in judo. Unifag, so young and lots of time on my hands.
Routine
Monday:
>bench 5x5 plus warmup/Cooldown
>barbell rows 4x8
>military press 5x5 +warmup/cooldown
>pull-ups 5xf
> incline bench 4x8
>lat pulldowns 4x8
> skull crushers 5x8
>preacher curls 5x8
Tuesday:
>front squats 4x10
>deadlifts 4x8
>hanging leg raises 4x12
>farmers carries 4xf
>another ab exercise, depends what’s open
>calf raises 4x12
Then judo for 2 hours in the evening
Wednesday:
Rest
Thursday:
>dumbell bench 4x10
> chin-up 4xf
>dumbell press 4x10
> cable rows 5x12
> close grip bench 4x10
> lay pulldowns 4x10
>tricep extensions 5xf
>dumbell curls 5x10
Judo 2hours
Friday:
>Squats 5x5 heavy +w/c
>deads 5x5 heavy +w/c
>hanging leg raises 4x12
> farmers carries
>leg press 4x10
>ab exercise
> calf raises 4x10
Judo for 2 hours
Saturday:maybe judo maybe not
Sunday: rest

How has your progress been with this user?

I lift and kickbox several times a week.
I think the conditioning will fuck up/slow your gains rather than gains fucking your conditioning, I ended up switching from TexasMethod to WS4SB because I couldn’t recover fast enough.

You just have to pick an appropriate program, you’d probably struggle to run a straight BBing or PL program AND put any real effort into martial arts at the same time.

There's a reason most fighters don't bother with going to the gym.

Ok, but I do plateau a bit more than I’d like. Probably going to add another day in during the weekend. In terms of judo progress, growths been pretty good there

All good fighters who aren’t straw-weight twinks lift weights.

But most pro fighters do have a semi-serious weight/calisthenics strength training program

Most (good) fighters do go to the gym, though. Or at least do calisthenics.

If no gi judo was more popular, I was say do it.

Anthony Yushua, Tyson Furry pretty much every non-twink fighter. You just need a program by an good coach.

What do you guys think about this: youtube.com/watch?v=cj4hdIGbDHs ?
>tl;dw maximise rest in between sets and focus on explosive movements in your lifts to translate your strength into your fighting.

I first started doing a full body routine similar to SL. Martial arts are for me kinda the side thing I do so I don't really need to be on my best on those days.
Now I'm currently learning the snatch and soon the clean and jerk and in time modifying my gym routines accordingly.

Martial arts and calisthenics seem more practical.

Good fighters go to the gym. It's not the 70s anymore. Just because we get hit in the head a lot doesn't mean we have to train like retards