OWG

olympic weightlifting general

Attached: AlexeyLovchev.jpg (750x579, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BvcMmUmh0CEXj215uTLo207TKBpvjqR7ZK1Pbs0/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=z6l8xvi5w0kb
youtube.com/watch?v=-Ilo8uCFWbs
youtube.com/watch?v=tTasQIZO24o
youtube.com/watch?v=Hu3ZRJIXiSc
youtube.com/watch?v=rfXabnIGcig
youtube.com/watch?v=uneMD8Kmxaw
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ7DxdVyox4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hit a power clean PR today

Attached: index.jpg (228x221, 8K)

Ive only got a couple workouts of back squat fives to do before im doing triples but these first two have been so hard. i cant keep my core tight enough or use my legs properly, very annoying. i did fives with 190-200-195 just now

what was it

Attached: ilya-ilin-233_lg.jpg (415x503, 31K)

Too low to say

Is the rogue wl bar good enough for high level weightlifting?

thats what im using yeah

Started my new plan on Saturday just got home feeling stoked about the next competition

For everything? Including assistance lifts or just for classic lifts? I'm building a home gym and I'm thinking rogue ohio power bar for assistance lifts and rogue wl for classic lifts + variations of them.

i use it for everything but squats because squats abuse a bar more than classics because of how it wears the knurling down or if you miss at all.

What are you using for squats?

i think its the rogue echo bar, very shitty bar but you can buy a real shitter for just squats

What's a good progression scheme for a casual oly lifter who does power cleans and power snatches once a week each

>strapped Powerclean plus hang powercleans
good choice is 4x1+3, 4x1+2, 2x1+2, 2x 1+1, 2x1, some kind of progression like that if you understand what i mean. something similar for power snatch too
>a clean variation
>strapped Powersnatch plus hang power snatch
>a snatch variation

I'm still weak enough to be able to just do (strapless) power cleans/snatches for now. Is something like 3x2-3 for technique followed 1-2x1 for PRs decent? Should I swap those around? Go back and forth?

Not scared of it bending when squatting?

Psssst

I made a p big PR

But the form was shit ):

instagram.com/p/BvcMmUmh0CEXj215uTLo207TKBpvjqR7ZK1Pbs0/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=z6l8xvi5w0kb

Attached: 2E3AE719-BB2C-4622-88AD-87F273375787.jpg (493x585, 35K)

use kgs, goblino

its a junk bar, if it bends it bends.
im not sure if i totally understand what youre saying but if youre still learning then just stick to tech work
thats pretty suck ass but progress is always welcome

not sure whats up with me today, maybe i didnt recover well enough. I've got to completely rewrite my training for today

124kg dob

Any tips neighbor?

(: just use less weight to make me feel
Better.

stand wider and dont let your knees go in so much. looks like you might be extending forward a bit. point your back heel outwards a little in the split and of course fix your balance in the split. maybe try starting the jerk with slightly bent knees and think of your torso dipping down and extending up before dropping under the weight, staying upright when going into the split.

Thank you man, split has been a new movement for me, my dip has always looked weird to me. I’ll do my best.

Should I widen my jerk rack?

i dont see why you would right now, dont try it until you fix the bigger problems

I just want to train all day but I can't because I have to study and live to survive

I got #275 clean over a year ago and haven't been able to hit that again since. I've made slight progress is front and back squat bench and OHP but haven't come close to matching or surpassing my clean. Injury after injury sets me back months and I never seem to make any progress. Fucking sucks guys I've wanted to reach #315 natural before I die but it looks like that won't be possible. I'm turning 32 in 2 weeks. Feels really fucking bad man.

wrist still hurts :(

does keeping the bar hanging close to the ground in snatch start position, till failure, benefit the initial pull in significant way?

Attached: 1536853799529.png (1112x886, 61K)

yeah low hang snatches or pause snatch pulls are good

i power snatched 97x3/3 and 107x3 without straps
youtube.com/watch?v=-Ilo8uCFWbs

Attached: Arley-Mendez.jpg (900x600, 153K)

Bump

tightness in what muscles causes arm bend in cleans? when i was doing power plus hang powercleans very heavy i did a much better job of keeping my arms straight
youtube.com/watch?v=tTasQIZO24o
youtube.com/watch?v=Hu3ZRJIXiSc
youtube.com/watch?v=rfXabnIGcig
youtube.com/watch?v=uneMD8Kmxaw
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ7DxdVyox4

Attached: Start.jpg (2448x1842, 1.4M)

Ask Zack

Poor coordination

Getting old sucks

There is still time user, don't give up yet

how the fuck are knee wraps supposed to stay on? anything above the knee just slides down immediately

my training was shit today. finished up with deadlifts. im gonna stretch. lots of overhead work tomorrow

Attached: november-26-2015-aleksei-lovchev-of-russia-lifts-264kg-for-a-new-world-F7C0T9.jpg (1300x1130, 204K)

i think im gonna be able to do the middle splits by the end of my stretching tonight

i did the splits properly. training the splits is probably why my squats are fucked up right now