/fat/ - "The only thing you're cheating is yourself" edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For barons of the double chins who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT. Ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
quen.life/forecast/

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micro-nutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>walk, swim, or bike, just get moving.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

PREVIOUS THREAD:

Attached: here to smile.jpg (226x223, 9K)

Confess. Spit it out.
It's about the only thing you'll be spitting out all day.

Attached: i will hear your cries.jpg (615x580, 68K)

Nothing to confess. Feels good.

>Fell off the wagon about a week ago

>Got back on for a few days

>Drank and had too much bar food last night

Why do i do this to my self?

Attached: 1428889617306.jpg (320x325, 16K)

I ate some brownies, but im still under

having a maintenance day today because i got a nasty cold
it sucks to break my streak

Tired of working all the time but can't afford not to work.

Attached: wagiewagiedoom.png (500x521, 241K)

I ate a serving and a half of fries for the first time in 5 months yesterday. I had to readjust my dinner because of it.

Post some fat wojacks I can send to my friend to bully him

>tfw will never be a carefree monk eating delicious food every day and tending to visitors to your abbey

Attached: 1548316325488.jpg (570x761, 84K)

Just go back through the archive. Not too long ago someone dumped a fuckton of fatjacks.

If I add a little cheese to my beef and broccoli would it make a noticeable difference in taste? I don't want to add the calories if it's not going to taste better. It's so fucking bland. I season the beef but it's not enough.

I'm really fucking bored with beef and broccoli.

Fuck cheese just switch to baked chicken

You should glaze in in honey and chocolate sauce and then put ice cream on top and then a can of cherries then a whole bottle of caramel and finally whipped cream dusted with cocaine. Enjoy. After that shoot an entire syringe of fentanyl directly into your chest.

I have no friends or anyone nearby to put some pressure on me so the best I can do is post here.
Tomorrow I start fasting again, one fruit in the morning and one good meal in the evening before 8pm

Never gonna make it.

I'm kidding. It's fine to add an ounce or two of cheese, just know how many calories that is and make sure you measure.

I eat chicken most days.

Yeah it says 1/4 cup is 110 calories which is well within my limit. I'm just wondering if it will make a difference in the taste because I don't want to buy a bag of cheese and find out it doesn't affect the flavor.

Guess it depends on what cheese you go for. I use Monterey Jack as a mainstay melting cheese and I usually mix in red pepper (for omelets and such). For broccoli I think cheddar is a good choice.

A good amount of cumin and chili powder makes beef taste good. For the broccoli I recommend onions sauce.

metal or silicone?

Attached: 20190325_194521.jpg (3264x1726, 2.35M)

I just wanna down an entire carrot cake and bag of chips IM GONNA FUCKIN SNAP GUYS HELP

Attached: 1548290988768.jpg (540x304, 47K)

dont do it user u have so much to live for!

>Monterey Jack
Probably that or cheddar. Not sure if I should go with a sharp or mild cheddar though.

Thanks, I can't believe I didn't think of using cumin. That's what I'm going to do tonight, thanks again.

Look up which one has better accuracy.

It's not fasting unless your eating window is small. Skip the morning fruit.

Hmm, you could get away with less cheese sharp, so I'd argue that's the better choice.

Do they have a cast iron one?

scale user here the silicon has the highest reviews im gonna get it.

I was gone for 2 and a half hours and none of you responded to my post? The fuck dudes.

What was your post?

this one

Cool, thanks I'll get that.

What in the tomfoolery?

Sometimes I wish I lived in a world where I could be free to not care about being fit. Not as in be a total slob piece of shit, but where the concept of calories and macros and training weren't part of my life.

I started taking fitness seriously about 1.5 years ago, and my health and life overall has definitely improved in that time, but sometimes I feel so caught up in everything like I'm putting all this time and energy day in day out into something with no end in sight. I'll always want to be more fit, and therefore I'll always be counting calories, weighing my food, and shaping my schedule around working out.

I'm not a fatty but i figured this was a good thread to vent this in.

I got hyper drunk and fell off the wagon again. God bless Grub Hub.

Attached: chrome_2019-03-09_10-06-21.png (470x306, 14K)

>I'm not a fatty but i figured this was a good thread to vent this in.
Not at all. Actually this is a terrible thread to vent that in.

I'll do that tomorrow because I don't have any left, I'll see how it goes

Agreed. I just think 'whats the point' all the time. We are all going to die anyways and can at any point. Should I really stress over what I'm eating when life is short? I don't know, man. It gnaws at me.

scale user here i lost about 6 lbs since the 20th apparantly.

Attached: 20190325_201709.jpg (1836x2977, 2.39M)

Skipped workouts and ate like shit because my house is starting to flood and it's giving me mad anxiety. Please show mercy and pity. I'm not off the wagon. Thank God my parents are coming next week.

When you said 'scale user' for some reason I thought you had actual scales on your body. Like a genetic thing. I am saddened that you meant an actual scale.

Sad day.

Damn dude what's going on? Water damage is fucked up.

no but i can get you in touch with my scaly friend if you are into that sort of thing :p

>if you are into that sort of thing

You have no idea how into that sort of thing I am :3

Everyone wants chinese/japanese tomorrow and I'm already panicking. I plan on getting a philladelphia roll & chicken yakitori, does it sound bad or good? I think calorie wise everything adds up to 600

How fucked up would it be to order two 65lb dumbbells from amazon? Would the delivery driver be butthurt?

Just get adjustable dumbells

Just get a spicy salmon roll with avacado instead of rice. Boom, crisis averted. I know you wont do that, over eat, and cry about it tomorrow. Whats the point of even responding to you.

There is no way you can do 65lbs dumbbells. Get a set of kettle bells. That will help way more with weight loss.

I don't like adjustable ones.

On dumbbell press I can. I used to be able to rep 85's.

Dudebros, another user here dealing with a shitty head cold. My dying ass is screeching for carbs. Already ate some cookies, but I really am trying to stay at deficit at least. Staring at the rest of the year makes me want to put a shotgun in my mouth.

hes not responding :c

Attached: 1544754927622.jpg (450x450, 10K)

I'd like to avoid raw fish from this particular place but I didn't even think you could ask for avocado instead of rice.

There's no room to overeat since everyone gets their own thing, I just obsess over places that don't have nutrition available.

Dude you are sick, eat at maintenance until you feel better. Cutting while dealing with a cold is stupid.

No worries. Thanks for asking though. I appreciate you even asking >:3

Feed a fever, starve a cold. Don't you know anything?

I am. Trying to stay hydrated, too. Fuck this weak, whack ass body of mine lmao

What's up with people who are in a caloric surplus when they catch a cold?
When i'm sick i lose my appetite and eat mostly soups

Thats not a cold, thats the flu. Different beasts.

Get a squid salad. Then the sashimi which is just the fish/eel without the rice. Then skip the onions sauce for obvious reasons and just eat it. If you can ask for the Uni. It's delicious and not heavy at all.

Ate a bunch of chocolate and peanut butter for no real reason other than I could. I feel like im addicted to eating so much I feel miserable.

What part of "i like to avoid raw fish" do you not fucking understand.

Im sorry that came off pretty mean.

It's raw but it's treated. If it really worries you get something like the tako which is pickled or the eel which is usually cooked. Or there's veggie rolls. Any Japanese place will have vegan options. Like the rice paper rolls that aren't deep fried.

1620 - 1820 = -200
REEEEEE
I HAVENT EVEN GONE TO THE GYM YET AND IM GONNA GET THOSE CARDIO CRAVINGS

My life is a failure bros.

Hey frens, rate my day

Breakfast
140 g banana, 125 cals

Lunch
2 fried eggs, 140 cals
28 g almonds, 160 cals

Dinner
4 oz chicken breast, 110 cals
85 g spinach, 20 cals
60 g carrots, 25 cals

Snack
198 g apple, 102 cals
33 g natural peanut butter, 190 cals

Look, I am going to try to make this easy. "I like to avoid raw fish FROM THAT PLACE."

That place in particular. Not all raw fish. Just that place. Anyways, I'm not even that guy. I just wanted to talk, really.

not enough protein / 10

Is that why I can't lift more than 20 pounds above my head?

I skipped the gym today, but at least I've been losing weight faster than expected.

get more protein
stop snacking
you don't need that much fruit

>you don't need that much fruit
2 pieces user?

>all those carbs

Jesus christ.

Ketards pls go

Just annual flooding coupled with record snowfall. Thankfully it's melting slowly.

No, that's because you're weak.

Keto is for children. I do atkins.

250 calories you could use to eat more meat or fill out your micros. you don't need fruit on a cut

What do you eat then?
Seems like meat, fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds, cheese, eggs, and even air includes carbs.

I can't afford very much meat to be honest

I've just been eating from the same big bulk thing of chicken tenderloins for my meat source for three days

I'd get rid of the banana and snacks and add more chickey.

2 fillet of fish. 2 cheeseburgers.

do you have access to an oven or a grill?

>2 fillet of fish
christ. if you're going to fuck yourself over, at least make it worth it lad

Yeah I've got an oven

Fuck Easter, people keep bringing around eggs and hot cross buns.

Attached: DSC_1600.jpg (720x1280, 230K)

That sucks. I'm in the South so we don't get snow but we've had record amounts of rain this year and last year was pretty bad too. How bad is the flooding?

Does losing weight help sleeping behavior? Ive been taking sleeping pills for so long now to get a good sleep. Will it help?

Sleep quality really does improve, I wake up more refreshed now that I'm 90kg from where I was at 120kg. Although I do take CBD for anxiety though which helps as well.

roast a whole chicken. the meat works out to be cheaper than buying boneless, skinless chicken breasts and you can use the skin and bones to make stock. broccoli and cauliflower are also great filler if you like them

>CBD

Whats that?

Are carbs really that bad, provided they come from vegetals and not white bread or white rice or whatever

I'd rather die than eat nothing all day long but meat, butter and avocados (sorry ketobros)

>but we've had record amounts of rain this year
christ, we've had constant rain in TN since fucking November

CBD oil.

Carbs aren't bad as long as you keep your portions in check and count the calories.

>Are carbs really that bad
yes

>provided they come from vegetals
Then its fine. Those are natural carbs, not bread/candy carbs. Totally different. Stay away from fruit though. Like bananas.

>CBD oil.

I still dont know what that is.

>Stay away from fruit though. Like bananas.

Aww
Oh well
At least I can still eat vegetals

tomatoes are still good. so are small apples and some berries.

>are carbs that bad
they don't really do anything for you but so long as you don't eat massive amounts of rice or wonder bread every day they aren't poison. i'd watch them if you're prediabetic though

So if I hypothetically might have ate two bananas earlier today, should I be concerned about that

just count your calories. two medium sized bananas would be about 220kcal