Pic on the left is from September when I started lifting. Pic on the right is now...

Pic on the left is from September when I started lifting. Pic on the right is now. Can anyone convince me not to quit the gym. I feel like I'm not getting any progress. I feel like I still look like shit. I wasn't expecting to look like a real lifter but I mean come on. 6 days a week for months just to end up with THIS?
I feel like I have a shitty structure for bodybuilding too. Is it worth it for me to keep going?

Attached: IMG_8875.jpg (2956x2004, 923K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pQvdziv5eEw
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do you even lift weights or do you just do cardio?
what is your routine...

Here is my progress. From November to Now. Notice how I ate and gained weight. Incorporate that.

Attached: nov-to-mar.png (1000x560, 742K)

Looking good bro. You’ve got a frame similar to mine. Looking forward to the 170s

I'm hitting chest/trist, back/bi's, and shoulders/legs 2 times a week. 10 sets of 5 on the compounds lifts. And 1-2 isolation exercises a day for 5 sets of 10.

You've made good gains. Your traps are bigger, biceps are larger and chest looks like it has more mass. You are definitely making progress, you're just hypercritical. I definitely see the changes.

Attached: 1537755999012.jpg (781x767, 73K)

thanks bro

care to share your routine

My routine is calisthenics and kettlebell stuff that people on Jow Forums shit on. Plus I only work out once every 4-5 days. You are probable doing a better routine. Just do mini bulk and cut cycles. They work.

Just be grateful you didn't turn out like me user

Attached: 1553535746552.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

Your chest looks like shit, but you got some good arm and trap gains.
How's your diet?

Mirin'

>6 days a week
Another retard started straight off with a 6 day a week bodybuilding routine without establishing a foundation with a simple linear progression program with rest days to allow for growth who made no progress and gave up. Good job.

see: >Notice how I ate and gained weight. Incorporate that.
eat food retard

I don't take supplements. My diet could be better. I mainly eat chicken and rice. I don't really have the extra money to spend on supplements or more food right now.

I didn't start off at 6 days a week. I've been exercising and lifting long before this, but September was when I took it seriously and stayed consistent, you "retard"

He is right though. You need to give yourself more rest days. That is where the gains come from. People plateau by working out too often, don't they don't understand why.

how much weight have you gained in that period

When will these lies stop? Protein synthesis lasts 48 hours max. There’s a reason literally every bodybuilder, natural or not, lifts 6 days a week minimum. If you want mass you need to take advantage of what your body gives you.

5-10 pounds. I'm at 170 now, I started at 160-165.

Mike Mentzer disagrees.

>doing a brosplit with babbyweight and no real progression

Retard alert. Go spend 12-16 weeks on SS or GSLP. Then do a full-body hypertropy routine like Arnold's Golden 6 for another 12 weeks or so, then come back.

well theres your problem, how do you expect to grow?? out of thin air??
eat more. count your calories if you have to. your diet doesnt need to be expensive, it just has to hit high protein and high(er) cals

And they've been lifting for years, where they need that to squeeze out the last few pounds of muscle they can put on their frames.

You can get 80% of the way there without that.

if its not clear, you need to be in a CALORIC SURPLUS to grow anyy appreciable amount of muscle

>he follows T Nation exercises

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Show me ONE aesthetic person that got to where he is by lifting 3 days a week

Reg Parks

Change your training and diet. If you're a n00b you're better off just training three days a week. Remember, you don't build muscles while you're lifting, you build them during your recovery. Instead of going to the gym 6x a week, go three times a week and go hard as fuck. Don't stay more than an hour, 60 minutes on a directed routine. Go as heavy as you can and don't fuck around too long between sets or between parts of your routine. Eat big, especially after your workout, and most importantly sleep big. Most of your gainz are made while you sleep, and increasing your sleep increases your testosterone and growth hormone levels.
Good luck brody. If you still don't see gains after another six months just turn to the dark side and do steroids.

This guy is 53 and works out once a week.
youtube.com/watch?v=pQvdziv5eEw

For someone getting off SS, six solid exercises in hypertrophy range should get them started on looking like they lift. In what world are squats, bench, ohp, chinups, curls, and situps bad?

What's your height? I have a similar bf% at 145 lbs 5'10

6'2"

If you're doing 10 sets of five reps you are certainly lifting too light. If you're pushing your limits in terms of weight and not fucking around between sets you should be experiencing reps to or near failure by your fifth set.

Supplements are objectively better cost wise. Whey protein is cheaper than meat and eggs gram per gram for protein and is fast and convenient if you're a hard gainer looking to cram protein. Creatine is cheap as hell too, and very effective.

> 48 hours of muscle protein synthesis
> Working out 3-4 times a week with 48 hours of rest between each workout

Do you even count bro?

he said maximum 48 hrs. And you do a split so you stay within the outer bounds for that muscle group

I'll try to invest in supplements/more food, money's just a little tight right now. I have been eating more since September since I'm naturally more hungry after working out.

I'm really confused with the contradicting advice. Is 3 hours a week of training really enough to see noticeable progress?

I'm not lifting all 10 sets with the same weight. I'm dropping the weight every 2-3 sets to be able to stay at 5 reps each time. Do you still recommend me sticking to 5 sets?

You're too weak for drop sets to do much for you.

Just do a fucking beginner strength program like SS or SL or WS4SB for 3-4 months, then go to something focused on hypertrophy/aesthetics.

dude all it takes is one extra decent sized meal a day. eat pasta, eat rice, eggs beans milk whatever, just ~20% more food consistently. in the next 6 months you should aim to gain at least 15-20lb

This. I am All I did was add in potatoes with breakfast to go from 166 to 181 lbs.

Don't listen to retards like , guys like this will take routines that are only useful for guys who have already reached 80%+ of their natty potential and insist that noobies who are having trouble getting off the ground use them. Three hours a week doesn't sound like a lot but the number of hours you spend training isn't the metric you're using to grow, it's the intensity of the biological signals you're sending to your body. Strength training is all about initiating your body's adaptive stress response. One hour of serious training will activate a greater adaptive stress response than three hours of low-intensity activity. Also keep in mind that you build the muscles over time while you recover. Focus on ramping up intensity in your workouts and proportionally decreasing the frequency and duration of the workouts. Do what said and push the weight on your compound lifts until you're approaching failure by the end of your fifth set. If anything you should be gradually increasing the resistance between sets, not dropping it.

Das it mane. This guy knows.

Do everything this guy says essentially, but add a at least two accessories that compliment whatever compound your doing

I don’t think I’m THAT weak. I don’t have any 1rm’s but my best recent bench was 180 with dumbbells for 3 reps, 130 with dumbbells for 5 reps on shoulders, and 3 plate deadlift. Do you still recommend doing a beginner routine

I’ll start doing this

Do you have specific routines you recommend or just SS/SL like others are recommending

bump

Your arms and traps are fucking huge compared to before , I don't know about chest

I think the lack of lats is what is making him think he isn't getting bigger. He needs to do more pull-ups.

Could be worse
4 months of progress

Attached: 20190326_075907.jpg (2896x2153, 1.74M)

How did you traps shrink and become inverted? Inverse shrugs?

Looking good. Gains are there for sure. Keep going. You're arms have gotten significantly bigger, so have your shoulders. Make sure you are progressing in either heaviness of weight lifted or reps.

Is that really you or an image you found online

Really me

Do full body compound lift workouts 3x a weeks (Bench, Squat, Pullups or Lat pulldowns OHP, Deadlift) and throw in a few dumbell/machine isolations if you feel like a certain muscle group is lacking. Vary up the order to stop certain muscle groups from becoming limiting factors.
When I was a n00b I did 5x5 with ascending weight, then if I was feeling energetic I'd throw in more specific exercises like chest flies, curls, lateral shoulder raises etc.
As long as you're keeping up with your compound lifts you can play around and experiment with the rest. There's not much magic to it.

Traps arms and shoulders noticeably bigger. Without knowing anything about u id just say eat more

Mirin the childbearin hips. Solid trap potential

I want to fuck user because his girly hips look so nubile and fertile

My bad posted the wrong pic
That was 2 month progress
This one is 4
Left is now right is december 1st

Attached: 20190326_084645.jpg (2896x2896, 479K)

What kind of form are you doing? Try to do very smooth, slow form and spend double the time on the negative part. Ex: On a bicep curl, you spend double the time on the downward motion vs. the upward motion. If you do it right, you should murder your muscles with less weight.

Also watch yourself in the mirror while you do your exercises, to make sure you're not cheating by moving another body part to make up for the lack of strength in what your pushing. Ex: You doing some one arm cable flys and you are unconsciously moving your hips to compensate for your lack of strength.

Also actually measure yourself. At 200 and 170 I still look like I have the same belly, even though at 200 I wear large shirts and a 170lbs I wear slim fit mediums, and my belly is smaller when I measure with a tape.

How do you fix this

Im cutting rn, gonna start bulking at about 12%

100% you are not eating nearly enough. You need to eat a LOT. 3x a day sit your ass down and eat meat and sides until you are sick. Then eat more. Then have 4 scoops of protein shake a day.

100% you have made few gains because your diet is utter shit. EAT MORE. A LOT MORE. A HELL OF A LOT FUCKING LOT FUCKING BUNCH MORE

You are doing something very wrong is all i can say. What is your rutine and diet like?

I have been working out since october, started with a normal full body linear progression program, with a couple of added excesories. Only for the last two months i have been doing a 5 Day Split. Had gr8 results i think

Attached: Screenshot_20190326_104704.jpg (814x1212, 169K)

That stupid. Just get on a kinobody program. The only thing that matters is getting stronger, 10 sets is retarded. You can’t train intensely with such high volume. Your body will subconsciously pace itself to get through the sets.

Do 3 sets reverse pyramid training, heaviest set first, once you hit 5 reps on the heavy set then increase the weight the next time.

What an odd body, your waist looks somewhat small yet you have titties

This is retarded. You’ll just get fat. If I tried to eat as much as I could I would eat 6000 calories a day and be morbidly obese in a year.

can't see any changers here

That is like eating for two years in one year

how does a dude get tits like that. seriously asking no judgement

mike mentzer was on massive ammounts of steroids and he also thought that eating more than eating more than 1g of protein per KILOgram of bodyweight was a waste and potentially counterproductive

>noticeably bigger delts
>Anoticeably bigger arms
>noticeably more developed torso
>with 0 fat gain

this is a very good improvement, idk what you're on about here OP

sup folks

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2019-03-21 at 13.33.27.jpg (582x1295, 165K)

muscle protein synthesis lasts for 48 hours MAX in UNTRAINED beginners, it lasts for a much shorter window of time for people that are already trained, and the anabolic window post training gets shorter and shorter the more trained you are, as a natural.
In fact we have evidence that the window is less than 24h in advanced lifters, meaning that training a muscle group everyday is optimal, but that doesn't take into account the fact that muscle protein synthesis usually gets spiked in order to merely compensate with the muscle damage that was experienced recently, and that muscle only actually grows after the damage is fully repaired, which only happens in the later period of the anabolic window post training, so it's hard to give recommendations based on MPS research.

While it is true that more than one 1g/KGbw is probably a waste while you are in a surplus, it probably isnt when cutting. Sadly we cant pick and choose what our body does with nutrients, that is why it is better safe than sorry, and over eat protein. Also about 30% of the kcal in protein is wasted when protein is converted in to energy, so very good news for hungry cutters

One day a week i eat 7k+ calories. You would be surprised how much more energy you get in the gym in the day or so following that.

I 100% agree with what you said.
I was just giving examples as to why maybe we shouldn't follow his advice, because his training and diet advice just aren't optimal, you might get gains from following what he preached but it just seems to be inferior compared to conventional modern practises.
>Also about 30% of the kcal in protein is wasted when protein is converted in to energy, so very good news for hungry cutters
I knew there was a decent portion that was wasted but had no idea it was that high.
Protein also seems to grant anabolic and fat burning effects that are exclusive to it and no other macronutrient has them, at least judging by the very high protein research available eating 3g protein per kilo and even higher than that seems to greatly boost muscle growth and increase fat loss for whatever reason compared to more conservative protein intakes, even when controlling for calories.

Jezzuz Christ just go
ON/OFF/ON/OFF/ON/OFF/Hangover-Sunday and cardio every day for like 30min
Eat your share, do your thing.

Another retard started straight off with a 3 day a week strength routine getting fat instead of aesthetic and athletic who got his squat to 2 plate and thinks he's hot shit. Good job.