/fast/ - #403 - KETO IS GARBAGE EDITION

FAQ
/fast/ discord
>discord.gg/dknZqPb
What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent farting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. The mainstream definition of starvation mode is a myth. Read the FAQ linked below for more information.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

Prolonged fast Q&A: fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Previous:

Attached: FUCKKETO.png (900x756, 215K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PMmXw9gwd5g
youtube.com/watch?v=TXN5LBomR_w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=PMmXw9gwd5g

can you 2 faggots keep your autism wars out of these threads?

What is the golden hour for OMAD so I don't go to sleep hungry?
Also, how many days a week do you OMAD?

Daily reminder to ignore this fucker until stops hair fasting.

No.

The answer is obvious. You should eat near your sleep time. Three or four hours. Two max.

NO.

>is purposely ignoring the percentage of caloric restriction.
NOPE. I POSTED AN UPDATED SCENARIO WHERE YOU EAT LESS CALORIES.
>You are basing your calculations in grams
QUOTE ME ON THIS, I WANT TO SEE THE EVIDENCE WHERE I BASE MY CALCULATION ON GRAMS.
>Thats sure a diet that will work in the long term.
DID I EVER ONCE SAY THIS WAS A LONG TERM DIET? QUOTE ME ON THIS IF I HAVE.
>Yes. A harder workout will eat more calories. So what?
KETO HAS MADE YOU DELUSIONAL.
SO IF YOU BURN MORE CALORIES IN A WORKOUT WHILE EATING LESS CALORIES, YOU WILL BURN MORE NET CALORIES COMPARED TO EATING A KETO REFEED. TYPING THAT SENTENCE OUT FOR YOU MADE ME REALIZE I'M TALKING TO A BRAIN DAMAGED INDIVIDUAL.
>Yeah, with all biases and lack of replicability? Sure, lad.
SO YOU'RE SAYING YOU'RE A SCARED PUSSY WHO DOESN'T HAVE THE BALLS TO EXPERIMENT FOR YOURSELF.
AND WHAT BIAS? THE BIAS THAT I KNOW FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE THAT KETO IS FUCKING GARBAGE? THE BIAS THAT I KNOW THAT KETO IS JUST ANOTHER MARKETING PLOY TO SELL MORE USELESS GARBAGE? GO AHEAD AND SELL ME SOME MCT OIL AND EXOGENOUS KETONES, PAJEET. LICK YOUR MARKETING TEAM'S MANAGER'S COCK WHILE YOU'RE AT IT.
>You don't have any idea of how a keto diet works, except some bullshit about the macros. If you had any idea, you have knew that you only need to drop the carbs below 100 grams.
EXCEPT I ALREADY SOURCED TWO LINKS THAT PROVIDE WELL MORE THAN ENOUGH INFORMATION ON HOW IT WORKS. AND NO, IT'S NOT JUST Anyways, this discussion will lead to nowhere.
BECAUSE YOU'RE KETO BRAINWASHED. I'VE DONE THE EXPERIMENTS ON BOTH ENDS WHILE YOU SIT HERE WITH YOUR STUDIES AND ZERO EXPERIENCE. TELL ME, WHY DO YOU PUSH THIS SHITTY AGENDA?

LMAO, HE LOST HIS HAIR FROM KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=TXN5LBomR_w

I appreciate you fixing the number, user. Good math karma.

fuck off

Wait why are you pretending to hate keto

He didn't lose his hair from keto...

That's retarded. He lost it because of his genetics. Otherwise it would come back.

Can I drink a Zero carb protein shake?

No. You still ignoring the caloric deficit as a whole. You can't lose more weight in a carb diet vs a keto diet with the same level of calories. Its fucking physics.
But you are so dense you will not understand that.
You are saying that "if you eat x quantity of fats you will burn y" quantity. But that doesn't acknowledge the context about the calorie restriction as a whole.
No, you didn't said that diet will work in long term. I said that.
Why? Because a diet that works is also a diet you can stick with it the longer. That's why the extreme forms of keto fail, and that's why the 80's low fat type of diet sucks. Both end tasting like fucking cardboard, and only the most anal retentive types or person can follow those kinds of restrictive diets. And they end fucking messed.
Modern versions of keto FOR CONSUMERS (not epileptic patients that can't take medication) even incorpore fruit and veggies.
Your forgot to read the part I said "dieting alone". Thats where my whole issue with you is.
Apart, you are ignoring the fact there's people that can sustain prolonged workouts with keto, like the guy of keto gains. Or other variants of keto that incorporates cycles, etc.
No, I'm simply a guy who knows that personal experience isn't worth a shit.
>crying because people sells shit while selling shit
Yes, I know what a keto diet is. I also know that you are basing your argument only in the standard issued diet for epileptic children.. If you look the kinds of keto diets that exists you will find that no one has the same macros that the diet for epileptic children has. Not even the original Atkins.
No, this discussion will not lead anywhere because you will stick to your ideas and attack a diet based in a strawman. And you will not convince me of anything also, because I'm confident on my knowledge to ignore that strawman. The only reason I do this is because I want to convince indecises to keep reading and investigating instead of keep only with your word.

I'm joking, lad. Most caucasians will loss hair anyway, even without caloric restriction.
You can, but it would be a very low calorie diet with an insulin spike associated. Not a true fast.

I miss grandpa OMAW.

IT PROBABLY JUST ACCELERATED THE ISSUE.

>You still ignoring the caloric deficit as a whole.
NO I'M NOT. EAT LESS CALORIES ON A NON-KETO DIET AND YOU'LL LOSE MORE BODY FAT. THAT ENOUGH?
>You can't lose more weight in a carb diet vs a keto diet with the same level of calories.
I'VE ALREADY ANSWERED THIS:
SO IF YOU BURN MORE CALORIES IN A WORKOUT WHILE EATING LESS CALORIES, YOU WILL BURN MORE NET CALORIES COMPARED TO EATING A KETO REFEED. YOU EAT *LESS* CALORIES ON A NON-KETO DIET WHILE BEING MORE EXPLOSIVE AT THE GYM SO YOU BURN MORE CALORIES ON A WORKOUT. HELL, YOU'LL BURN MORE CALORIES EATING THE SAME AMOUNT OF CALORIES, TOO.
>But you are so dense you will not understand that.
THE IRONY.
>No, you didn't said that diet will work in long term. I said that.
HERE'S YOUR QUOTE:
>suggesting seriously 0 fat diet
Thats sure a diet that will work in the long term.
IF THAT'S NOT SARCASM THEN PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MEANT BY THIS.
>Why? Because a diet that works is also a diet you can stick with it the longer.
THAT'S RIGHT. A DIET WHERE YOU EAT CARBS AND LEAN PROTEIN WITH ADJUSTABLE AMOUNTS OF FAT IS MUCH MORE SUSTAINABLE THAN A KETO DIET, ESPECIALLY IF YOU WORKOUT.
>That's why the extreme forms of keto fail
>Modern versions of keto
DEFINE 'EXTREME FORM OF KETO' AND 'MODERN VERSION OF KETO' FOR ME, PLEASE, BECAUSE BOTH SOUND LIKE THEY'RE NOT GOING TO BE KETO AT ALL.
>Or other variants of keto that incorporates cycles
THAT IS NOT KETO. IF YOU ARE CARBLOADING ON THE WEEKENDS, YOU ARE NOT ON A KETO DIET.
>No, I'm simply a guy who knows that personal experience isn't worth a shit.
LMAO THERE YOU HAVE IT, PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ISN'T WORTH A SHIT LMFAO.
>Yes, I know what a keto diet is.
BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE MAINSTREAM DEFINITION OF KETO VS. YOUR NICHE DEFINITION, WHICH STRAY SO FAR FROM KETO THAT YOU JUST WANT TO KEEP THE NAME TO SELL YOUR BULLSHIT.
I'M NOT HERE TO CONVINCE YOU, I'M HERE TO *EXPOSE* YOU AND YOUR BULLSHIT DIET.

Attached: file.png (927x1315, 640K)

chew gum retard.

No. It doesnt work that way. Learn about caloric bombs.
Again, the same shit.
Its sarcasm. Read my answer.
Well, define me "not keto at all" I know the answer: The Standard diet issued for epileptic children, right?
All your arguments fail when you reject that strawman and use the general form of keto diet (Any diet that induces ketosis via comsuption of less than 100 gr of carbs. Again. Its in the fucking McDonald book thats better researched than you videos)
I explained what a keto diet is already. Read the fucking McDonald book.
My personal experience isnt worth a shit for anyone apart of me. You attack a diet as whole because didnt work for you.
Keep exposing shit you dont understand. I will keep correcting you.

keto is gay
just eat tasty carbs and load up on protonz
you can get your fats from pizzas and stuff anyway.

>No. It doesnt work that way.
SO IF YOU EAT LESS CALORIES ON A NON-KETO DIET *AND* YOU BURN MORE CALORIES AT THE GYM YOU DON'T LOSE MORE FAT?
>Again, the same shit.
YOU'RE IGNORING THE ANSWER BECAUSE YOU CAN'T GET PAST THE TRUTH.

>Its sarcasm. Read my answer.
HERE'S THE CHAIN OF REPLIES:
>Thats sure a diet that will work in the long term. (SARCASM WHICH I HAVE INTERPRETED CORRECTLY)
DID I EVER ONCE SAY THIS WAS A LONG TERM DIET? QUOTE ME ON THIS IF I HAVE.
TO WHICH YOU'VE REPLIED:
>No, you didn't said that diet will work in long term. I said that.

I DON'T THINK YOU HAVE A BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF HOW CONVERSATIONS WORK.

>Well, define me "not keto at all"
I ALREADY MENTIONED IT HERE:
>THAT IS NOT KETO. IF YOU ARE CARBLOADING ON THE WEEKENDS, YOU ARE NOT ON A KETO DIET.
FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATION, "NOT KETO AT ALL" IS ANYTHING BUT THE DEFINITION OF A KETO DIET. THE DEFINITION OF A KETO DIET IS IN THE OP PICTURE, THE TWO ARTICLES I'VE POSTED, AND PLENTY OF OTHER LITERATURE.
YOUR TURN:
DEFINE 'EXTREME FORM OF KETO' AND 'MODERN VERSION OF KETO' FOR ME, PLEASE, BECAUSE BOTH SOUND LIKE THEY'RE NOT GOING TO BE KETO AT ALL.
>All your arguments fail
GREAT WAY TO SAY YOU DON'T HAVE THE MENTAL CAPACITY TO RETORT.
>and use the general form of keto diet (Any diet that induces ketosis via comsuption of less than 100 gr of carbs. Again. Its in the fucking McDonald book thats better researched than you videos)
AND HIS BOOK THAT YOU'RE PROMOTING PALES TO COMPARE IN THE RESULTS DEPARTMENT OF LOSING BODY FAT *AND* GAINING MUSCLE.
>My personal experience isnt worth a shit for anyone apart of me. You attack a diet as whole because didnt work for you.
IT ALSO DOESN'T WORK FOR ANYBODY WHO WANTS EXPLOSIVE ENERGY AT THE GYM.
>Keep exposing shit you dont understand. I will keep correcting you.
I HAVEN'T SEEN A CORRECTION, ONLY DELUSION AND/OR STRAIGHT LIES.
AGAIN:
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE MAINSTREAM DEFINITION OF KETO VS. YOUR NICHE DEFINITION.

Doing 16/8 on a high vitamin diet and feeling pretty good. I haven't cut carbs because I like having energetic and productive workouts. The mental clarity is great, I'm really productive the hours where I'm fasted. Less so whenever I've eaten. Anyway, because of what I just wrote, I'd like to try and up my game to 20/4. Does anyone have any experience with that?

“The law of thermodynamics doesn’t apply to me!” the thread.

Instead of pretending that IF has some magical advantage over eating regular meals at a deficit (it doesn’t), why not just admit the real reason you do IF: you have a weak mind. You can’t lose weight by just eating less overall because you will screw up and overeat. Instead you need to get off on denying yourself so you can later gorge on piles of food when the fast is done. IF is just a pseudoscientific fad diet that sanctions binge eating as something especially effective for fat loss when it isn’t and in reality is enabling people with binge eating mindsets to feel legitimate in that mental deficiency.

>keto and non keto lose the fat at the same rate
>so you are saying keto is superior to a diet induced restriction and the exercise induced restriction
Okay.
Im ignoring the answer because it doesnt make any sense. Thats it.
I dont think you cant read.
I said it was sarcasm.
Extreme form of keto: what you propose based on the standard issued keto diet for epileptic children.
Mainstream keto: popular diets based on the principle that less than 100 gr of carbs induce ketosis. Atkins, some forms of paleo, etc. Literally the diet that anyone outside of a fucking hospital uses.
No, that speak more of your capacity of not using strawmans.
That answer makes no sense.
Yes. In your little world I am a liar. I'll keep lying then.

Weak pasta.

I'm not who you're replying, just trying to learn. I read through these replies, but this still confuses me. Also read the bit in the last thread about eating fat, and all the endogenous and exogenous shit.

>SO IF YOU EAT LESS CALORIES ON A NON-KETO DIET *AND* YOU BURN MORE CALORIES AT THE GYM YOU DON'T LOSE MORE FAT?

If you're not going hard in the gym every day, why would carbs be better than fat? Depending on the answer, can't you just eat less CALORIES on a keto diet too? Hell, being in ketosis suppresses hunger so it's literally easier to do it. From what I've read, that's the whole advantage, it's a diet for lazy people. Is this ONLY for people who work out extensively?

Intermittent fasting is total garbage, it's a diet, not a lifestyle. It'll get you slim but you can't keep up forever and end up going back.
Any "diet" is trash in fact.
If you need parenting for what you put in your mouth you deserve to be an obese faggot. KYS.

It has additional benefits like deep hunger suppression and avoid massive spikes of insulin that cause hunger. It also can help guys that have bad luck and have poor insulin sensibity and want to build muscle.
Outside of that, is just cico with less water weight.

Ah, forgot to mention: its also used as part of complex dieting schemes that aims to manipulate your hormones like UD 2.0

I want to eat a steak so bad.

Attached: Screenshot_20190326-015922.png (1312x2560, 262K)

>Im ignoring the answer because it doesnt make any sense. Thats it.
IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT, ASK FOR CLARIFICATION, BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER TO YOU ANYWAY SINCE YOU'RE JUST PUSHING YOUR AGENDA.
>I said it was sarcasm.
WHICH I HAVE ALREADY CONFIRMED.THANKS FOR GOING BACKWARDS.
>Extreme form of keto: what you propose based on the standard issued keto diet for epileptic children.
HOW IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF KETO THE 'EXTREME FORM' OF KETO? SHOW ME YOUR SOURCES SINCE I'VE ALREADY SHOWN YOU MINE.
>Mainstream keto: popular diets based on the principle that less than 100 gr of carbs induce ketosis. Atkins, some forms of paleo, etc. Literally the diet that anyone outside of a fucking hospital uses.
INCORRECT. AGAIN, SHOW ME YOUR SOURCES.
>No, that speak more of your capacity of not using strawmans.
>That answer makes no sense.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE REPLYING TO. BE MORE CONCISE IN YOUR ARGUMENTS LIKE I HAVE.
>Yes. In your little world I am a liar. I'll keep lying then.
YOU MEAN IN THE WORLD OF TRUTHS? IS THIS ALL YOU GOT? YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE AS WEAK AS YOUR ENERGY AT THE GYM.

Man you people are so mentally ill.

You are right in every thing. Sorry for wasting your time

Why?

reminder: ketotards unironically listen to Thomas DeRoider and Fraud Anti-Vaxxer (((Berg)))

And fast tards listen to a guy who claims that piss will solve all your ailments.

>If you're not going hard in the gym every day, why would carbs be better than fat?
STARCHY CARBS FILL UP MUSCLE GLYCOGEN DIRECTLY. THE ONLY OTHER METHOD THAT I KNOW TO REFILL YOUR MUSCLE GLYCOGEN IS THROUGH SUPPLY-FORCED OVERCONSUMPTION OF PROTEIN. THE PROCESS IS CALLED GLUCONEOGENESIS AND YOU NEED TO EAT A FUCKLOAD OF PROTEIN, WHICH IS DOABLE BUT NOT VERY PRACTICAL IN A LONG-TERM BASIS.
ANYWAY, MUSCLE GLYCOGEN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE EXPLOSIVE ENERGY, SOMETHING THAT YOU WON'T HAVE ON A KETO DIET.
>Depending on the answer, can't you just eat less CALORIES on a keto diet too?
THAT TRANSLATES TO LESS ENERGY EVEN MORESO THAN WHAT KETO ALREADY LACKS. WHAT I'M TRYING TO GET AT IS YOU CAN EAT CARBS AT A LOWER AMOUNT OF CALORIES (VS. A KETO REFEED) AND HAVE MORE OUTPUT AT THE GYM, WHICH PROVIDES MUCH BETTER RESULTS THAN EATING A STANDARD KETO DIET IN BOTH BURNING YOUR OWN BODY FAT AND GAINING MUSCLE.
I DON'T RECOMMEND CARBS TO FATASSES THOUGH, I RECOMMEND CARNIVORE.
AND, AGAIN, IF YOUR GOAL IS TO BURN BODY FAT, THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOU TO INGEST MORE FUCKING FAT SINCE YOUR BODY WILL BURN YOUR OWN FUCKING BODY FAT IF IT NEEDS IT. DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?

IF YOU ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT IMF IS, YOU'D KNOW IT'S NOT A DIET.

THEN LISTEN TO DR. JASON FUNG.

What are all those icons?

caps makes it harder to read
part of reading is identifying the word shape and youre fucking with that

WELCOME TO Jow Forums.

he wants to use a trip, but doesn't want people to filter him. imagine the breed of person that's simultaneously more obnoxious than both anime avatarfags and tripfags.

is he an actual real doctor?

Shows progress on what's occuring. With citations to some papers. Don't know if it's bullshit or not

>not filtering anonymous in 2019

lol I'm starving myself! I'm doing it!

AND NOW THE KETOFAGS HATE ME.

WHAT AN AMAZING DAY.

COULDN'T YOU HAVE JUST GOOGLED THAT?

theres no way the snake juice caveman is an actual doctor

i fucking hate this scizophrenic fest
just fucking kill yourselves

Why do you recommend carnivore? Isn't that almost entirely fats?

i don't have to hate you to think you're a faggot for typing the way that you do. i agree with most of what you say about fasting, but that doesn't make the way you convey yourself any less insufferable.

this desu

DR. JASON FUNG ISN'T A SNAKE JUICE NEANDERTHAL YOU IDIOT.

NO IT'S NOT. STEAK, EGGS, AND LIVER IS THE BASELINE I RECOMMEND. ORGAN MEATS IF YOU CAN FIND ANY, AND KEEP THE STEAK LEAN.

AND I DISLIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE DON'T USE PROPER PUNCTUATION BUT I OUTGREW MY DISTASTE IN A DAY. ALL IT TOOK WAS A SMIDGEN OF SELF-DISCIPLINE AND WILLPOWER.
YOU WANT TO KNOW THE TRICK? STOP CARING AND GETTING UPSET OVER SHIT YOU CAN'T CONTROL. YOU'LL LEARN TO DO THIS WITH SMALL THINGS AS YOU GET OLDER, BECAUSE YOU'LL REALIZE THAT ALL THAT WASTED EMOTION IS OVER TRIVIAL SHIT.

How often should I eat liver? The copper content is fairly worrying.

0.5 - 1 POUND PER WEEK SHOULD SUFFICE. THE HIGHER END IS IF YOU ARE MORE PHYSICALLY ACTIVE, TALLER, HAVE MORE LEAN MASS, ETC.. AND, I KNOW THIS ISN'T PLAUSIBLE FOR MOST PEOPLE, BUT LOOK FOR GRASS-FED LIVER. ALTHOUGH GRAIN FED LIVER ISN'T HORRIBLE, LIVER IS SOMETHING THAT YOU SHOULDN'T SKIMP OUT ON QUALITY-WISE.
YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUT COD LIVER IN ITS OWN OIL. THAT SHIT TASTES FUCKING GREAT AND HAS REALLY GOOD VITAMIN CONTENT, BUT ONE TIME I ATE TOO MUCH OVER 4 DAYS AND IT GAVE ME A HEMORRHOID, POSSIBLY FROM THE SHITTY QUALITY OR JUST EATING TOO MUCH OIL.

Okay, that sounds good enough for me. And yeah, cod liver is absolutely amazing. Should I eat cod liver once a week or more often? Not really into getting hemorrhoids.

I THINK ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK IS FINE. I THINK IT'S PRICEY SO I CURRENTLY EAT IT TWICE A MONTH AND JUST EAT CALF LIVER IN THE MEANTIME.

Lucky me then, I've got a brother on Iceland who can send me packages of the stuff. Thanks for the help bro.

>Keto is trash

Finally someone said it.

People that take Eric Bergs advice are mentally retarded.

Are you the same guy who wrote in all caps before?
Why do you hate keto all of the sudden?

>IF YOU ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT IMF IS, YOU'D KNOW IT'S NOT A DIET.
What is it then? Are you suggesting people should randomly fast for the rest of their life? Do you expect people to do this for the rest of their lives? Get real autist.

that user might be making ass of himself for typing in all caps but hes right, it's not a diet and you're an idiot if you think it is. its perfectly natural for humans to go extended periods of time without food. IMF isn't necessarily restricting calories either and its been proven numerous times that IMF has positive health benefits such as increased insulin sensitivity.

YOU GODDAMN LUCKY FUCK!!!!!!

I DON'T *HATE* KETO BUT REINCORPORATING CARBS IN MY DIET HAS MADE ME REALIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF THEM. THE PROBLEM WITH KETO IS THE MACRO PERCENTAGES WHEN IT COMES TO BOTH LOSING BODY FAT AND GAINING MUSCLE, BOTH OF WHICH ARE SOUGHT FOR BY THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE HERE, MYSELF INCLUDED.
I WAS ONLY GOING HAM ON THAT user BECAUSE HE KEPT AVOIDING THE TRUTH, SAME AS THE PEOPLE ON THE MULTIPLE MEAL A DAY KICK AND PEOPLE WHO KNOW FUCKALL ABOUT FASTING. KETO IS FINE FOR WEIGHT LOSS IF YOU DROP THE FAT % DOWN TO 30% AND HIT 0-5% CARBS, BUT IF YOU'RE AN OBESE HAM HOCK YOU CAN DROP THE CARBS COMPLETELY AND LOWER THE FAT EVEN MORE.
THE ONLY THING YOU'D HAVE TO LOOK OUT FOR IS CONSTIPATION. TO ADDRESS THAT, DON'T EAT OVERCOOKED MEAT AND THROW IN A COUPLE OF APPLES AND/OR CUCUMBERS. SURE, YOU'RE BREAKING KETOSIS FOR 6 HOURS, BUT THE FAT LOSS WILL STILL BE MORE EFFECTIVE EATING A COUPLE OF APPLES THAN EATING SO MUCH GODDAMN FAT. IF YOU'RE EATING YOUR STEAKS RARE OR RAW, YOU WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT CONSTIPATION AND THE FRUIT WILL BE UNNECESSARY.
FURTHERMORE, IF YOU'RE INCLINED TO ACTUALLY HIT THE GODDAMN GYM, THE INCREASED PROTEIN WILL BE BENEFICIAL.

>What is it then?
READ THE OP.
>Are you suggesting people should randomly fast for the rest of their life?
RANDOMLY? NO. YOU CAN DO OMAD FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE AND DO PROLONGED FASTS EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE FOR GENERAL HEALTH.
>Do you expect people to do this for the rest of their lives?
ONCE YOU EXPERIENCE THE BENEFITS OF FASTING, YOU'LL BE DOING IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
OMAD IS A SIMPLE PROTOCOL. 72S ARE JACK SHIT IN DIFFICULTY AFTER YOU'VE DONE A COUPLE OF THEM.

YOU'RE JUST A SCARED LITTLE PUSSY ASS COWARD WHO CAN'T FATHOM THE BASIC CONCEPT OF NOT EATING BECAUSE YOU'RE A BRAINWASHED BITCH WHOSE LIFE IS GUIDED BY FEAR.

>Do you expect people to do this for the rest of their lives?

ive been doing it nearly every day for the last 6 or so months. feels pretty good tbqh. i rarely feel hungry in the middle of a fast because i load up on high fiber foods.

60 Hrs fasting.

I feel great and with a shiton of energy... But now i can't sleep.

How long should I fast for if I want to keep muscle and lose fat?

damn and i thought i was hard for doing 24hrs. mind you it wasnt challenging at all because i gorged on veggies, fruit and legumes before beginning.

exercise hard as fuck in the middle of a fast and your body will preference fat as a fuel source.

>YOU'RE JUST A SCARED LITTLE PUSSY ASS COWARD WHO CAN'T FATHOM THE BASIC CONCEPT OF NOT EATING
I don't, because it's completely unnecessary

Fasting is not difficult, but it's not the only way to lose weight. It's about lifestyle choices and having people that respect your choices around you.

Attached: Screenshot_20190325-083343.jpg (1080x2160, 307K)

I've done this some. my eating times were between 4pm-8pm. Kind of an awkward window but it worked okay. Usually had a snack at 4 and big meal at 8. I had black coffee throughout the day while fasting, it helped. Honestly might be easier to just do OMAD. I found that I liked 16/8 better but I'd say give it a try

ffs just do a whole-foods plant based diet with no oils and low fat (10% calories in fat) *with* IMF and you'll be astonished by how quickly you lose weight within 1 month. you wont even get bad hunger urges because the fiber will load you up. you MAY feel hungry in the first few days because your old gut flora will begin starving to death but it will be replaced by new and healthier bacteria.

What about muscle loss? I've read that fasted cardio and the like only works well for people on steroids.

TRY TO BURN SOME ENERGY WITH PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND TIRE YOURSELF OUT. AT 60 HOURS, YOU SHOULD BE FINE DOING DOING SOME HEAVY LIFTING AS LONG AS YOU KNOW HOW MUCH SNAKE JUICE YOU SHOULD BE DRINKING. YOU COULD START OFF AT SOMETHING LIKE 70% INTENSITY AND ADJUST FROM THERE.
IF YOU'RE ALREADY SOMEWHAT LEAN AND YOU CAN'T SLEEP, IT'S PROBABLY CORTISOL FROM BEING IN KETOSIS. IF THAT'S THE CASE (WHICH MOST LIKELY IT'S NOT AT 60 HOURS) TRY DRINKING SOME ACV TO SEE IF THAT'LL KNOCK YOU OUT. IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, BREAK THE FAST BY EATING A GARLIC TOE AND SEE IF THAT WORKS. IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, EAT AN APPLE, THEN MAYBE A STEAK.

DEPENDS ON YOUR LEVEL OF FITNESS. ADVANCED/ELITE GUYS CAN'T DO 48S WITHOUT LOSING SOME STRENGTH. THEY'LL HAVE TO DO 18:6 OR 20:4.
IF YOU'RE INTERMEDIATE OR LOWER, TRY DOING 72S, 3MAW, OR OMAW. YOU'LL HAVE TO CARB LOAD FOR THOSE MEALS FOR SURE, AND IF YOU'RE LOSING MORE STRENGTH THAN YOU LIKE, SHORTEN THE FAST.

THEN YOU'RE JUST AN UNINFORMED LITTLE BITCH WHO'S SCARED OF A WITTLE JUDGEMENT. AKA SOMEBODY WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DEFEND THEIR ACTIONS.
THAT PROGRESS YOU'VE DONE OVER 26 DAYS HAS BEEN DONE IN 4 DAYS BY MANY PEOPLE HERE, ALL WITHOUT LOSING ANY MUSCLE. TOO BAD YOU'RE LITTLE WEAK WILLED GRADE SCHOOL UNDEVELOPED BRAIN CAN'T GET PAST THAT IDEA. GO BACK TO THE MAIN THREAD AND BRAG ABOUT LOSING 6 KILOS IN 26 DAYS WHILE YOUR LIFTS STALL AND YOUR MUSCLES DEFLATE.

YOUR BODY WILL UTILIZE BODY FAT WHEN YOU DO FASTED CARDIO. IF YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED OF LOSING MUSCLE, EAT *AFTER* YOUR FASTED WORKOUT.

ANYWAY, I'M GOING TO SLEEP.

>THAT PROGRESS YOU'VE DONE OVER 26 DAYS HAS BEEN DONE IN 4 DAYS BY MANY PEOPLE HERE
Really? Where's the link? I'd really like to see people lose 6 kgs in 4 days.

>Muscles deflated
I was checked at the gym and there's was no chest and biceps deflation. But my belly deflated quite a bit.

>can't defend my actions
I don't do it because my stats defend my actions for me. But keep screaming like the angry autist you are, OP.

>loses 3 kilos in a month
>thinks it's worth posting
this isn't the normie CICO general. People here lose 3 kilos in a week.

Literally no one has burned six kilos in four days, stop lying capsfag.

>3 kilos in a month
You must be really insecure to be able to confuse 6 with 3 but ok. So how many kilos have you lost this week? Let's see your stats.

The mental clarity alone is worth it, but there’s nothing wrong with eating a shitload of food at once. It’s much more natural. Humans didn’t evolve eating 3 square meals. They got a kill and feasted.

>Let's see your stats.
He won't, because he's lying.

>Where's the link? I'd really like to see people lose 6 kgs in 4 days.
There is none, because it's simply not true.

I'm starting to think /fast/ is a massive scam.

>6kg in 4 days
jej, capsfag just pulled a omawboomer. He's not gonna show his face again now.

what he did in a month ive done in a week already. no bragfag, just showing the power of this way of eating >>>

How’s it a scam? It works for some people, not for others. Personally I like to fast and binge at night. If I eat in the morning I just want to keep eating but when I’m fasting it’s like a fun game to play, feels rewarding. Plus you think clearer and feel better. Hunger is just a feeling, don’t be controlled by food.

>If I eat in the morning I just want to keep eating but when I’m fasting it’s like a fun game to play, feels rewarding. Plus you think clearer and feel better. Hunger is just a feeling, don’t be controlled by food.

100% this

Coleposter, i keep getting 2-3 diarrhea shits after breaking any fast longer than 24hr. What do?

how you holding up lads? in the midst of a 30 day water fast and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Can I do the fasting meme if I regularly (2x/week) give blood plasma? (880ml/session, if that makes a difference)
Also, can I substitute calorie free Gatorade or other """""sports""""" drinks for snake juice to get electrolytes or does it have a bunch of other shit in it that'll fuck it up? Obviously it's going to be a lot more expensive, but I can get that at work.

>Can I do the fasting meme if I regularly (2x/week) give blood plasma? (880ml/session, if that makes a difference)
Don't do that.
>Also, can I substitute calorie free Gatorade or other """""sports""""" drinks for snake juice to get electrolytes
No.

recommend me a fasting protocol to get from 15% to 12% bf while maintaining muscle mass pls

>just do a whole-foods plant based diet
Leave now

I've done 8 in 4 days before

>Fasting is a scam
It's fucking free you imbecile

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want.

so is it a yes or no? im confused because it's not a straight forward answer,but akin to "can i go to the bathroom? i dont know, can you?" shitty dad joke and not a real answer. how fucking hard is it to just type "yes, but not recommended" if that's what you mean. fast virgins don't know if coffee etc breaks the fast.

lmao same
One meal a day around 2pm then binge eat tuna/protein shake/random shit

get over your caffeine addiction so you don't need to, and get used to not drinking that garbage sugary tasting fruit water. the answer is no. don't drink that shit, get used to not having them in your life. the reasons you shouldn't are in the faq.

so it does or doesn't break the fast?
im not interested in your opinion about caffeine addiction.

all answered in the faq

Sweeteners do break the fast, they spike your insulin and fuck up your leptin

WHAT THE FUCK? You'd better have measured that post refeed.

OMAD reporting in
I always eat around 4 / 5 pm.

there's no faq
>muh discord
you are gay and should feel ashamed, in mot going to your gay discord.