Help me out, bros. I'm returning to the gym in a few hours after a few years' absence...

Help me out, bros. I'm returning to the gym in a few hours after a few years' absence, and I'm basically back to square one. Unfortunately, that gym is Planet Fitness. I would simply follow a Starting Strength 5x5 routine like last time, but the gym doesn't have barbells.

I need a dumbbell-only routine. From the limited time I toured the gym, I noticed a sitting rows machine and a lat pulldown machine, so those are available. I think I'll be doing most of the lifts from a flat bench. I have no idea how I can substitute squats and deadlifts without barbell access. Should I simply do a 3x weekly, Chest/Tri, Back/Bi, Legs/Abs routine, or would you recommend something else? I planned on just going and dicking around for the first week or so, but I really need some routine.

Attached: orlando-rio-pinar-fl-photo-9-0_orig.jpg (1100x619, 125K)

>planetfitness
>SS5x5
>dumbbells only
>bro-split
Is this bait

They probably have a smith machine. You won't be able to do deadlifts at a planet fitness

The smith machines at planet fitness are all at a weird snap your shit up angle. It’s not a normal smith machine

I knew it would seem baity, but I'll take any real answers. I'm a fat piece of shit who doesn't know what I'm doing, so anything is helpful.

Yeah, that's what I've read. I just put those off-limits.

they are normal smiths though.

You have to find another gym or get on a cycle, also dead lifts are amazing and you need them in your routine

Op I recommend doing more of a bro split, as far as legs go..lunges, goblin squat, you can do like a one legged one, calf raises on smith aren’t bad, and Romanian deadlifts with dumbbells. You can do a lot of hair at pf up to atleast 75 lbs which really isn’t bad

You can’t train at planet fitness, the machines and equipment that they have do not lend themselves to be progressively overloaded over a long period of time.
You can exercise though. You can random bro split stuff. You can do their bs circuits. You can run on the treadmill.

I'm stuck at PF for a year, so I'm gonna have to make the best of it. I have no qualms with cycling, but I would need to do a ton of research into how to do it and how to buy the necessary stuff. Do you have a link to anywhere so I can read up on it?

I just watched a few vids of romanian deadlifts, and I'm definitely going to try them out. Deadlift is the major hole for me, and this might work. Lunges might be the best I can do, leg-wise. Is the PF Smith machines being shit a myth, or should I just bite the bullet and try them out? Anyway, thanks a ton for the new lifts. You're helping me out so much.

Is planet fitness even real or is it some meme bullshit? It looks like a hollywood mockup of a joke gym with all that purple. I’m Canadian so I’ve never seen one in person. Even the name planet fitness sounds like a joke.

I'm starting at zero, so any sort of exercise is going to be significant for me. I think (well, I hope) dumbbells are enough to give me a year of progress so that I can move onto greener pastures.

I’ve had reconstruction surgery on my knees, I’m also the poster who told you about goblin squats. You can do smith squats but deadlifts and squats are not needed. Don’t get me wrong they’re great, but not needed. Idk you’r situation but if you’re noobie/ at pf and somewhat weak. I recommend doing a bro split and you’ll be ok... I can post. Routine if you want me to make you one

The machines/cables are like any other machines. The only thing that lack is barbells, pl8s, and 75+ lb dumbbells.

Absolutely! I'm headed to the gym in half an hour, but I'll wait around if you need time to put it together. That would be great.

Ok I’m on phone, and tired as fuck so I’ll try to make you a small one
All excerixes do 12 / 10 / 10 / 8 reps
15 reps on first 1 or 2 for warmup
Chest / bis or tris
Db bench or smith with lighter weight
Db incline
Db fly
Cable fly lower / upper superset is good or by then self
Shoulders / tri or abs
Db shoulder press or smith
Shrugs on smith or db
Drug side raises + front superset
Back + bis
Lat pull down with wide grip
Lat pull with the v bar
Rows with db
Romanian deadlift with Db
Lower back extension, focus on your glutes
Legs
Goblin squats with db
Leg extensions one legged!!
Hamstring curls one legged!! Calf raises
Hope this helps

I'm gonna look up how to do goblin squats and head out. You're the best, man. Thanks!

Basically dumbell on the ground in between legs and you grab it and stand up lol hope that helps. I think it’s called goblin squats

I should of added you kinda squat up in the air, squat forward thirsting hips, so hard to explain even though so simple

Only thing I would add to this is an ab routine or do most of your overhead lifts standing to engage your core. Since you aren't doing a lot of compound movements you don't want your trunk to get weak. Best of luck user!

Yeah I agree, I posted this routine, I typically do abs after every workout or every other day with cardio. I left our all the arm and abs since I figured they’re simple but I gues new people don’t know so that’s my mistake / laziness

Thanks again for the routine, even though I'm sure you're asleep by now. I did the chest/tri and my pecs were dead by the flies, but it feels great to feel that deadness again.

I was going to do hanging leg raises, but my arms were dead by the time I got to them, so I just did reverse crunches.