Is it possible to build legs by cycling?

not SS legs of course, just ottermode muscular quads.
I don't want to squat because of an injury and it would be nice to have another reason to go outside. I'm thinking a routine of going uphill in heavy gear or sets of sprints?

Attached: 1537584780264.png (970x650, 908K)

yes

I mean it seems just like regular foot marathon vs sprinting in terms of muscle difference.

Attached: 1543741186574.png (670x446, 598K)

yes, but do not do a heavy gear; you'll wreck your knees. your legs will build up even in a light climbing gear because the speed that you climb the hill is all that matters. the power output is the same regardless of the gear. i race professionally.

i realized you probably dont know what a "light climbing gear" is. aim for a cadence of 60-80 rpm for muscle growth.

Can I cycle for core gains?
Is it possible to activate abs with biking

cycling works your entire body, starting from your legs and getting less gains the higher up your body. it works your core, sprinting works your upper body. of course you wouldnt get massive arms from cycling but they'll have good definition even if all you do is ride, as long as youre doing sprints.

How do I into cycling? Can't row or lift for a while and looking for a way to stay as fit as possible

just get any bike and ride

bikesdirect.com is probably the best value in the world for getting started. i have one and ive seen a lot around.

avoid the hi-ten steel frames, everything else is good. steel is great, its just that hi-ten steel is not. their 4130 steel frames are excellent for example.

You will be better off working on your core in the gym and then maintaining it by cycling.

this is true. but if you dont go to the gym cycling will give you gains.

Best possible results would be both. Build core in gym, get lean on a bike.

60 rpm is what I see normies cycle on flats. I try to stay. 90-110 on flats.

OP here I only got a mountain bike does it make a difference?

Is there a guide to cycling and running to not fuck up your knees? Every single time I do anything sustained for more than 20 minutes my left knee swells up like a motherfucker.

depends on how much mg

Yes.
Brakeless fixed gear bikes have one reasonably high gear and you have to resist pedalling to stop, giving an unequivocally good workout

it sucks for long distance commuting. there is a reason there are different categories of bikes

Yeah but I mean for sprinting workouts

road cyclists look like skellies, track sprinters look built but no normal person does that

Check bike fit, your knees should almost extend out at the bottom of the stroke but not actually lock

Also, use those thighs/glutes like you might for a squat

>track sprinters look built but no normal person does that
So no normal person lifts?

Attached: 2rdkbw.png (205x246, 4K)

> not SS legs of course
I always cycled on heavy gear and middle one uphill. Got SS legs.

Look at the people who post on this board

not for muscle growth

Yes, I attribute half of my quad bulk to cycling, and my entirely vastus medialis. I built it while training on stationary bikes in the gym doing high intensity intervals.

Keep a cadence of 90+ so you don't kill your knees. I did intervals of 1,2,4, and 10 mins on different days. Wattage reached 495 on the short ones and 320 on the long ones. Great leg builder, trains calves too

Attached: IMG_4435.jpg (1080x1920, 254K)

Mountain bikers are in the middle. Look up richie rude training.

Attached: 1537422314822.jpg (417x658, 51K)