Quitting smoking thread

Share your experience about quitting smoking and how it affected your everyday life, specially your lifts. 2 weeks without a cig after almost a pack for day for 7 years here

Attached: stop-smoking-istock-large.jpg (1500x1500, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K3TAbPu-7dE
youtube.com/watch?v=po73VnPwXnE
cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/index.htm?s_cid=osh-stu-home-nav-003
cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/secondhand_smoke/health_effects/index.htm
cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/secondhand_smoke/index.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Never started

Looking for tips, I just got my bro into the gym and he's having a hard time quitting. Almost did before we started lifting but couldn't keep it up

Managed to quit 'successfully' after 5 years of smoking 2 months ago at the same time as I was switching to an all meat diet. Hasn't been that bad aside from the occasional yearning for a smoke. I still have the issue of when I hang out with friends (about twice a month) I end up smoking an entire pack in a day but hey-ho, when I return home I don't have cravings so it's not so bad.

How do i make the girl im seeing quit 100%?
She went from smoking 4-6 to twice a day, but what to do

Op here; he needs a strong reason to quit, it's almost useless trying to quit without having one. After three days it gets progressively easier, cravings get betters and they are less frequently so it's a downhill from there. gets It helped me a lot to focus on my hobbies, get out with friends and vent out about how i felt when i was really craving for nicotine

get gum
i use it when i got really bad cravings, seriously helped
its like a fucking pain killer that works immediately

I've never smoked before but why not just switch to a vape and then slowly quit that?

Running outside.

Completely destroys the nicotine jew.

I quit snus after 10 or 11 years of using a packet daily. I gradually went from ~20-25 snus /day (1 snus is somewhat comparable to one cigarette) and lowered it bit by bit over the course of like a month or two. I'd go from 20 a day to 15 the next week, to 10 the next and so on. I've now been completely free from nicotine for around one year, have no cravings and feel great.

about 3 months since i quit, was smoking two packs a week. i feel generally a lot better but i'm still getting them cravings

>Be me
>Smoke, drink, and smoke weed since age 11(13 years doing this)
>Angry at stairs being hard to walk up
>Get vape pen
>Still drink, still smoke weed, but vape nicotine
>Start jogging, the pain from jogging motivates me to drop nicotine entirely
>Jog harder, now it's the alcohol causing me pain
>Drop booze too

Now I'm just a pothead that exercises a lot, but yeah, exercise replaced a habit I had for over a decade as well as during important brain development. Getting dopamine from another source is a great way to move away from your last dopamine sources. Start running and use the pain as motivation to get healthy, so that running stops hurting.

Ayy fellow runner who killed the nicotine Jew wassup home boy

>but why not just switch to a vape and then slowly quit that?
There is no difference between quitting tobacco or quitting vape. Both have nicotine, vaping is same as smoking = inhaling.

Ad jews made retards think that vape is easier to quit so all the weaklings that tried quitting tobacco and failed should switch to vaping.
And, surprise, fail quitting that too. But now paying to vape jew instead of tobacco one.

My father has smoked a pack a day since he was in high school and now wonders why he's not so well off financially (they cost around $40 a pack in Australia). Not to mention his healthcare costs and early retirement due to smoking, diabeetus and obesity related issues.

Attached: 1553602232995.png (631x757, 427K)

>smoking
>diabeetus and obesity related issues.
Nicotine is an appetite suppressant btw. So your father is just a fat fuck.

The vape jew is cheaper though and not as hard on your lungs

Cigarettes are easier to quit because you things get notably easier when you don't inhale smoke every day. Ecigs, or as I call them "e-dildos" are a lot harder to quit because you aren't in constant pain but need to quench that panic attack. Meanwhile you consume way more nicotine because smoking throttled that because smoking hurts but vaping doesn't. Then suddenly your heart and blood vessels are on their last legs.

I'm not saying that vape has no advantages over tobacco, i never tried it.
But it's the same nicotine and same manner of consumption, so any claims that it's easier to quit is bullshit.

I quit out of pure vanity, when I realized it was aging my skin and causing early wrinkles. I was never a heavy smoker though (around 5 a day)

Cigarettes have a lot of additives that are also addictive and it's easier to quit pure nicotine however vapers consume like 10 times more nicotine than smokers

>I quit out of pure vanity, when I realized it was aging my skin and causing early wrinkles
This is the only correct way to go.

I can run a 6 minute mile. I'm so glad smoking didn't take that from me. So glad pot doesn't make it impossible like tobacco did. Vaping is gay. Switch to pot.

>Cigarettes have a lot of additives that are also addictive
You can grow your own tobacco.

Attached: boss.png (500x378, 239K)

pack/pack and a half a day, 2 and a half when drinking. rolled on MDMA about 2.5 months ago and havent had a craving for a cig since (except when drinking). also not really a fan of alcohol anymore so i quit that too. its comfy as fuck desu...weight loss is in overdrive and my hypertrophy training is showing ten fold. can now run 2.5 miles.

yesterday was 12th day of not smoking. Rolled a cigarette fighting with myself 10 minutes if I should smoke or not, took 3 drags and it was not the same.

I figured I smoked to cope with the emptiness inside and distract myself. Also running helps.
Black tea is supposed to clean the body or so I heard.

Hardest is as most know the "rituals".
>After coffee
>After work
>After wank
>before bed
repeat

also 40 Dollarinos, that is insane.

>$40 a pack
wtf
how big is the illegal cigarette market?

Lol fuck off

How did you deal with the coffee and cig mornings ?
ive been smoking for 8 years now tried to stop but i simply cannot put my head together for the whole day without my morning routine

Just cut down, I have a few fags when I'm drinking and that's it, after smoking for 7 years

Don't treat it as something that is important , just have 5 a day for a week, then 3 the next, then every other day

Eventually you can just pick and choose, like I said , I never smoke during the week and only when I'm having a wee drink, which is like 1/2 times a month- best of luck my guy, we're all gonna make it

>be me
>33 yr old boomer
>smoker since 15 yrs old
>mom is a hard smoker
>mom had heart attack 4 months ago
>doctor said it was because she smoke a lot

That day i saw the death on her eyes, so i stopped smoking, my mom didn't gave a fuck and keeps smoking... thanks mom...

Does running really help?
I ran for 8 years as a smoker?
Will running again help me quit?

For me, it's
>driving
>bored late at night
>bed time

This is my 5th day smoke free. IDK why it’s finally going so well this time.
>skin is looking redder
>bags under eyes noticably smaller
>taste & smell improving
>slightly more exhausted at the end of the day
>small cravings when I see someone smoke

Attached: 0AAACB3F-C988-49E0-90C7-304D8EF1C870.gif (468x259, 840K)

Lay out enough cigarettes to where the last 1 you smoke is at 5-6pm and then wash the rest. This can help make the brain fog the following day not as bad. After that, don't buy them. Again. EVER. And yes, it is that simple. IDC if you have to play vidya, jackoff, workout or what have you. Just don't buy another pack. Once you get over the initial intense cravings you'll be fine

Also, listen to this boomer:

youtube.com/watch?v=K3TAbPu-7dE
youtube.com/watch?v=po73VnPwXnE

give her Allen Carr's easy way to quit smoking
works like a fuckin charm

I've been cutting down a lot as of late, but I really need to take the step and cut it off completely.

What the fuck does this have to do with fitness?

Attached: 7f6.jpg (544x400, 20K)

She is even all about health etc, but usually she smokes after sex and after work, got no idea why
girls are literally retarded

I bought a Juul (yes I know it's gay) with the intention of using it to get a nicotine fix without having to leave my apartment and go outside into the cold. Literally the day I got the Juul was the day I had my last cigarette after starting smoking at 15. Had numerous failed attempt to quit cigarettes prior to that.
Then eventually the Juul started giving me chest pains (shit is terrible for your heart) so I quit it immediately with 0 cravings or anything. I still recommend just switching to the Juul and then quitting that.
The problem with traditional vapes is that they're either way too expensive or designed for le epic cloudripping bro, and even then they don't work half the time so you just give up and go back to cigarettes. In my experience the Juul is pretty reliable, just be prepared to lose it at least a couple times

Attached: 1531720611704.png (500x468, 85K)

Allen Carr s “ easy way to quit smoking “ , it’s very easy to find online for free , I found it just by googling it JFL

It’s been 3 years now and I still have not once craved cigarettes. It legit 100% works like magic exactly how he said , but none of my smoker friends believe me and they didn’t bother with it .

I still remember the intense feeling of joy I had when I finished reading it , it felt like I escaped some sort of deadly trap or something .

If you’re a smoker read it , you have nothing to lose , YOURE NOT ALLOWED TO QUIT SMOKING UNTILL YOU FINISH AND YOU BETTER NOT SKIP THAT LAST CIGGARETTE HE TELLS YOU TO HAVE .

Do exactly as the book says , you may want to quit smoking before even finishing it but don’t.

>tfw addicted to the SWEDE gum flattener
I smoked for several years and switched to this for a few and now I don't know what to do for the taste and oral fixation.
Tell me to quit cold turkey Jow Forums.

Attached: download (2).jpg (220x213, 10K)

broskis, I only smoke like a pack and a half(tops) to 4 or 5 cigs the least every weekend, sometimes skipping 2 when I go out to party or hangout with friends. I dont have to worry, right? ive never felt addicted to it, the only time I craved one was before I had a test at uni, but even then i just had 1

just juul or something
there is objectively nothing wrong with nicotine itself

i read three pages of allen carr’s bullshit before i dropped it due to his tenuous grasp of the english language

Hard candy is great too

we'll since this thread already exists have any of you weed fags tried pic related and is it any good

Attached: tune-activated-coal-filter.jpg (600x600, 75K)

hes not well off financially because he isn't rich user
>but if you add up all those packs over like 40 years, thats like $dick
rich fags can chain smoke and still be rich.

smoker here, you won't be able to 'make' here quit unless she wants to

>I ran for 8 years as a smoker?
same mate, I started my fitness journey as a smoker... 4 years later I'm still smoking but buying a nice reliable box mod to help quit that shit tongiht

>cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/index.htm?s_cid=osh-stu-home-nav-003
>cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/secondhand_smoke/health_effects/index.htm
>cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/secondhand_smoke/index.htm

Attached: Out Ch. 92 p.014.png (844x1200, 202K)

Attached: Out Ch. 92 p.015.png (844x1200, 218K)

Attached: Out Ch. 92 p.016.png (844x1200, 230K)

Vape, I've been vaping for three weeks after smoking and my cardio has improved massively. I'll slowly reduce my nicotine levels, but I'm vaping less and less anyway.

I was literally killing my self with cigs, drink and food. I've dropped 26 pounds in 3 months, gained muscle and overall fitness, I feel 10x better.

Hitting a pr then going on to rep it or running comfortably with great music on is better than any food, alcohol or cigs.

Vape. Seriously.