Why does cardio suck balls?

>Go lift
>Hyped as fuck, looking forward to all different lifts and records to break
>Feel awesome and pumped during workout
>Feel like walking on clouds afterwards, walk home hyped on life with a sickening pump making you feel like a demi-god

>Go for a run
>Draining, repetitive excercise
>Even music and podcasts can't drown the boredom
>Feel like absolute SHIT afterwards
>Been doing it consistently for 2 years, ran two half marathons and can easily run 5 k in less than 18 mins
>Still feel like vomiting and feel feverish and drained after every damn cardio session that is longer than 8 k

Why? How can this be changed? I tried supplements, cutting out ALL supplements, eating/not eating before runs and I still feel like crap. I don't even get the runners high meme that most runners claim they experience, not even during the half marathons where I really fucking pushed it.

Attached: sweating guy 6.jpg (600x480, 52K)

I swapped out running with trail running. It's a lot more enjoyable and intense.

Slow down. Lower the pace and increase the time until you enjoy it. You are happy on the walk home. Pass your house and keep walking.

It sucks because you don't do enough of it.

fuck, I thought I was alone

>Loved running as a kid, the feeling of being just fast and graceful
>Start running as a young adult
>Heart hurts and not graceful at all, feels like I'm running with weights
Well, makes sense, I'm untrained
>Throat sores and dryes instantly
>Nose full of mucose
>Both legs AND arms hurt
>Lethargic afterwards, instead of energized, just feel shitt and just so fucking hot, sweating bullets
Well fuck that

Only like legit 1 in 20 runs is enjoyable at parts, I don't think I've ever had a complete enjoyable run
Why the fuck is this? I'm fat at 24% body fat, but is that it? fuck me it makes running hell

If it makes any difference, I run without music, and my best run was just 1 hour

Try HIIT. Sprinting gives me the same rush as lifting while running consistently makes me want to puke.

Hiit, or listen to motivation mixes on yt or dance instead or do boxing or jump rope.

>can easily run 5 k in less than 18 mins

Attached: 1543956798398.jpg (623x702, 177K)

because you're fat

Coming from a cardio background and moving a bit into lifting, I have the exact opposite. I feel so bored lifting weights, and I feel drained and empty when I get back home.

Running fills me with lust and energy. Runners high is something that I've never really experienced I guess. I can feel elated when I'm running alone, quiet and with a setting sun. I also feel like I'm "in the zone" sometimes. A feeling that I'm in complete control of the machine that is my body, and that I can run forever.

Food plays a role. The setting too (running in a gym is very boring). I usually eat something (light meal ) about an hour before a run or about half an hour before (snack). Good night sleep also helps.

this

see pic

Attached: STARTING CARDIO.png (1300x3000, 986K)

I feel dumb now, but happy that it has a solution
are there more pics like that?

i dunno man, 4 weeks ago the very idea of running .5 miles was draining and torturous. i started c25k which is teaching me how to pace myself, have never known how. im legit addicted to running now, its fucking amazing

as somebody who is essentially on step two of this program (first time seeing it) I approve, this is the only way brohs. follow this shit your body and mind will thank you for it! do cardio stop falling for the cardio kills gains meme

lmao i didnt catch that part but i knew OP didnt know how to run the second he said he felt like shit afterwards so i stopped reading

I'm way, way beyond these noob stages but running really doesnt get better for me. It just sucks, but I still do it for my health and to burn some extra fat. Just wish there was some way to make it more fun or stimulating without huffing glue until I have basic-white-girl IQ

Nice, wish I could enjoy it that much. I'll still keep on running but il stick to 8-10 k per session

lmao I'd like to see you fat incels even go below 4 min/km for even 30 seconds.

I only specifically do cardio one day/week is that enough? I also do high rep compounds 2days/week, that counts as cardio right?

i just find running so god damn BORING

Lifting is actually BETTER for your hearth than low intensity cardio, in case you were worried about your health. Running is incredibly boring, I wouldnt recommend it unless your brain activity is so low that you list "travel", "friends" and "long walks" as your hobbies

t. gets breathless climbing stairs