/fat/ The NYRFags are running the asylum edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For roly poly roundbois who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Previous:

Attached: F572DEB3-F15D-4C0A-AED9-71EBBDE6B142.jpg (1238x2174, 460K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/6skw7m2N
healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is the first time I made a /fat/ thread (NYRFag here) so feel free to harshly critique anything I did incorrectly

Is fasting a meme? So close to my goal weight. 189lb trying to get down to 170 before bulking.

Going to be making a Steak Stir-Fry tonight I think - when I use Chicken Breast it’s pretty low in Calories compared to Top Sirloin - am I using the wrong cut of steak and there is a healthier one out there?

Attached: 217998DF-8B1E-4B65-ABAC-23FC50ED571A.jpg (4032x3024, 2.16M)

*Is there is how that should be phrased I guess

It's usually easier to just make a Confess post as the first post instead of waiting for someone to make one 16 posts in.

Otherwise no problem.

It'll work. Results aren't instant, but it's worth giving a try if you're hungry for results and aren't so bullheaded that you'll end up in a hospital.

scam or no?

Attached: download.jpg (177x285, 12K)

>1g per lb of goal body weight
How the fuck am I meant to ingest so much protein while still maintaining a deficit?

If you want a food that really burns calories, hot peppers r better

Yes, fasting is a meme and causes muscle loss

Thanks, I didn’t have any Holy Men Wojacks saved, will be sure to save them for future threads

It's 1g/lb of lean body mass you sperg

Confess

Attached: Confess.png (1229x1160, 58K)

Well how the fuck do I know what that is?

Wheres the 36 eggs a day greentext

>how am i supposed to ingest 150-170g of protein a day
chicken breast

>How the fuck am I meant to ingest so much protein while still maintaining a deficit?
only follow it if you plan on sparing your muscles while cutting. most people don't prioritize this when losing weight because their goal is to simply lose weight. so it's up to you to decide between cutting hard and losing some muscle mass along with your fat or eating mostly protein to spare your muscles.

cutting hard and fast is better IMO, you save time and you can just work on your muscles once you hit your goal weight, but you'll find lots of differing opinions in these threads.

>scam
Tea is way cheaper.

I bought a pizza and a big bag of chips. Five days ago and they're still here, I haven't eaten them yet. I'm not going to for another 12 days. I just want to see if I can resist the temptation when the food is right here with nobody to stop me from eating it. It's easy to resist when I don't have anything junky around so this is the real test.

>NYRFags
but we have it almost april?

a few days before my weigh in i ordered 2x large pizzas one pepperoni jalapeno and one chicken bbq jalapeno, and i finished them all and gained like 6 lbs. i've lost it since then though.

How do you guys get more fiber? Oats, supplements, veggies, meatmucil?
All the hard work I did last week was ruined by binging the last 2 days, and now I'm stuck with the post binge hunger because my body expects to keep being fed.

You’ll make it bro just freeze em and leave em

>beans (god tier, they have plenty of fiber and protein)
>oats
>fruit and vegetables
>whole grains

Chobani yogurt is 120 cals for 22gs of protein. I eat it every morning with 3 to 4 eggs. Fuckin great honestly

fiber one cereal

I drink a wheat grass shake everyday, that's been keeping me regular.

>30.8 BMI
maybe a week or two to go till i'm done with obesity

Thank you all

FIBER IT UP
pastebin.com/6skw7m2N

Just take a supplement. Almost 0 cals to it wont hurt your fasting.

Mostly lentils and avocado but I also have trouble trying to reach the 30+ grams/day

Congrats bro.
I was 31.8 in January. 27.1 reporting as’of Today.

Rember boys, fuck keto if you want to keep your gains

Attached: Atkins.png (500x600, 215K)

>Post progress

Went way off the rails over Christmas, working on getting back down to my lowest weight.
Have still been lifting a lot so seeing good gains in the strength department

Attached: SmartSelect_20190326-152120_MyFitnessPal.jpg (1080x2076, 241K)

How hard is it to get Rhabdomyolysis? I got back from vacation and hit the gym pretty hard yesterday and came home to abdominal pain and nausea (I don't take pre workout). The nausea has gone away but whenever I eat/ drink something I still have pain in my abdomen.

calculate body fat % then multiply by your weight, that will be your fat weight. then subtract fat weight from total weight to get lean body weight.

how much have you lost guys? Its time to weigh in

Attached: NEW WEIGHT CHART.png (1712x1892, 189K)

WHERES THE WOJACK REVEREND YOU FUCKING NEWFAG

Propane tank, hopefully a canoe by end of week

Lost
> The weight a baby apatosaurus puts on in a day
Still need to lose
> Roughly A Kimono Dragon

Oh there he is

Eating maintenance protein levels on a cut isn't hard what the fuck

A bit too late faggot

not everyone is cutting at the same rate as you and even for me personally eating nothing but protein in a day can get boring.

Measured today. Lost like two ish pounds which is really nice. I think it's because of my fast day and working out, so I'm happy.

Gotta do a fast day again today, but I'm home this time, so it's going to be tough. Also when I look at myself I feel disgusted. I'm too fucking fat. It looks horrible. I have no idea how anyone would have sex with me because it's fucking rancid.

Also any fatties have any food allergies? Has it helped you lose weight? Or made it worse?

Attached: image.jpg (720x540, 48K)

>kimono dragon

Attached: tanuki face.jpg (950x636, 205K)

Oops Komodo dragon, I’m a dumbass

no fasting is not a meme. I've never been fat but have had great results cutting down to 12-14% bf from 20% after bulks by utilizing intermittent fasting during the day.

Attached: 1539305960387s.jpg (250x171, 6K)

Take the carnivore pill, lads! Eat steak and lose weight!

nah i'll just eat what i want and lose weight thanks

I want to eat everything, I don't even care about weight loss. I'm so fucking hungry.

make a large mug of tea

Pro-tip: there is no commercial grade supplement in existence that magically makes your fat melt off. It's all bullshit to scam money out of lazy ignorant fatties who don't want to work to lose weight, and it's allowed because supplements are poorly regulated.

First day back at the gym since July yesterday. I moved and didn’t have an affordable gym nearing until one opened up this week. I don’t have the mindset for doing my own workouts so... basically I chucked myself out of staying in shape. My diet helped, but I still gained some fat and lost most of my gains.

It’s time, friends. Let’s get it.

I'm at work and we don't have tea

Coffee helps too, surely there's coffee somewhere at work?

>that magically makes your fat melt off
Well, duh. If there was then everyone would be buying it.
Green Tea doesn't magical melt fat, but it does help really well with aiding in fat loss. It burns more calories when you exercise, makes you have more energy, and speeds up your digestion.

It was kawaii user, don't worry about it

I've never really liked coffee

I haven't eaten anything but potatoes and water for 7 days

Ask me anything

Attached: photo-1518977676601-b53f82aba655.jpg (1000x667, 128K)

Switch to chicken then i'll be impressed

1. How’s your poops
2. Do you season them? Bake them? Salt even?

Same but when I was fasting last week I drank a cup of coffee around lunch time and one around 4pm and it helped with the cravings

have you eaten anything other than potatoes and water in the past 7 days?

What are you going to do when the potato famine comes?

I haven't actually pooped yet, I'm getting scared and I feel really bloated.
I bake them and then put them in the fridge for a few hours. I don't use any seasoning

And lowers testosterone

Attached: C4307CDD-C454-4ACB-AF3A-B4E45E1CFB80.jpg (600x600, 35K)

You probably have an increasingly severe lack of salt and fat in your system. As well as some essential amino acids. At least throw a small pat of salted butter on there, Christ.

The diet I'm following says not to flavor them. They're suppose to be boring.
It's to teach you to only eat for survival instead for fun

>tfw just broke my 57 hour fast with a 5 calorie stick of gum
Have I made a mistake

Learn to eat properly instead of relying on fast weight loss tactics. You'll balloon up as soon as your fast has finished.
There's a general thread for this sort of autism

You’re right. The only reason I fasted was because there was no food in my house and I didn’t feel like getting any until now. I have already learned that fasting is a meme for weight loss.

how the fuck is 5 calories bad?

*by a factor of 0.05%

I'm not saying you're a liar, i'm just saying that speeding up an already very slow process won't give a noticeable difference in results
and filling peoples heads with false hope is tantamount to sabotage

>decide to start lifting after one year eating right but cardio only
>attempt bench press
>can barely lift the bar
>attempt squats
>30 lbs nearly makes me faint
>go simpler, try pushups
>manage 6 before collapsing

A-am I ever gonna make it?

Keep doing it. When you start low you make visible progress quite fast, that should keep you motivated

Yeah. What, did you think you were born with a lot of muscle mass or something? You gotta start somewhere and that somewhere is at the bottom. You'll feel weak and you'll probably hate it, but you'll gain strength really quickly once you get into the swing of lifting.

For a moment I thought you were asking how he seasoned his poops.

Reminder: Low carb diets WITHOUT calorie counting are more effective than counting calories.

healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets

Just bought a $600 bike brehs. Trek dual sport 2 2019. Rides like an absolute dream. Gonna get some extra calories burned riding 3 miles to and 3 miles from work 5 days a week.

Attached: images (5).jpg (249x202, 10K)

>fat retard lying to other fatties
Studies of alternate daily fasting, for example, show that the concern over muscle loss is largely misplaced.17 Alternate daily fasting over seventy days decreased body weight by 6 percent, but fat mass decreased by 11.4 percent. Lean mass (including muscle and bone) did not change at all. Significant improvements were seen in LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Growth hormone increased to maintain muscle mass. Studies of eating a single meal per day18 found significantly more fat loss, compared to eating three meals per day, despite the same caloric intake. Significantly, no evidence of muscle loss was found.

17. Bhutani S et al. Improvements in coronary heart disease risk indicators by alternate-day fasting involve adipose tissue modulations. Obesity. 2010 Nov; 18(11):2152–9.
18. Stote KS et al. A controlled trial of reduced meal frequency without caloric restriction in healthy, normal-weight, middle-aged adults. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007 Apr; 85(4):981–8.

Attached: 1413290502508.jpg (2248x1232, 706K)

He could just fast to preserve muscle.

reminder to filter and ignore fastards

You're definitely going to make it. Fasting is the best way to lose weight.

Avoid carbs when you do eat.

Are you at your goal weight? Are you eating a calorie restricted diet?

piss off.

Don't listen to him anons, I reached my goal weight and have been maintaining it for over 2 years now. All it took was CICO, watching protein intake and exercise, that's all that mattered. I did it, and you can do it too.

Post body.

>have been maintaining it for over 2 years now
You're that lying Jew. You just figured out how to tailor your lie to fit impossible criteria.

Attached: 1432299087183.png (400x640, 3K)

>I reached my goal weight

Then why the fuck are you here? Fuck off, this is a fat thread, cunt.

IF barely counts. Intermittent fasting means you skip breakfast. It's still basically just a way to make it easier to reach a calorie goal.

The fasting meme is about spending days without eating anything.

Intermittent fasting works for the same reason long term fasting works.

It lowers your insulin so you can restore insulin sensitivity.

This is the most obviously bullshit thing to say. You don't lose weight because you're counting calories, you're losing weight because you're eating less than you spend, counting or no counting.

The person who eats low carb and doesn't count calories still loses weight because by restricting an entire food group she ends up eating less than her TDEE, even if she's not mathematically ascertaining this fact

He's lying. It's a shill that doesn't want anyone to eat low carb or attempt fasting.

He wants to sabotage everyone's weight loss.

Studies of eating a single meal per day found significantly more fat loss, compared to eating three meals per day, despite the same caloric intake.

>despite the same caloric intake

here you go you fucking jew. I might not be super strong, but at least I'm not a fatass anymore

I have my reasons. Sometimes I like to give advice to fats in need. Sometimes I like to read about your sad tales of fucking up your diets with chips and cheesecake. I'll visit any thread I please.

Attached: cico.jpg (1472x1014, 763K)

>He's lying. It's a shill

Like the hair dryer faggot and "swimkike"?

I think I just got the whoosh. 3 pounds in 2 days.

I hope I don't have to make a post tomorrow about the anti-whoosh, where it all comes back.

>she
>assuming someone here would be female
so you're a blue-haired refugee from tumblr, explains a lot

I don't give a shit if people attempt that stuff or not. Hell, I'm sure both IF and low carb can work. I'm just saying that things like "cico is a hoax" are nothing but lies.