So, how many of you have undergone the surgey? I can't see a foot in front of my face now

So, how many of you have undergone the surgey? I can't see a foot in front of my face now.

Attached: lasik2.jpg (500x393, 25K)

Sounds like you don't have a choice. I went to the eye doctor for the first time in over a decade because I was told I might have eye cancer for claiming that VR is blurry. Turns out I have near perfect vision and /v/ is filled with blind shills. I used to wear glasses as a kid but threw them out because it was back when glasses were considered uncool.

sue

So how high is the chance that this shit can make you blind?

I was going to get it done but they told me it would cost about $4500. Fuck that I'll stick with contacts

>when glasses were considered uncool
always?

The waifu unironically like glasses so not surgey for me
I wouldn't pay that much just to get rid of my glasses anyway

bideojames

Attached: 1509073892379.jpg (645x773, 56K)

My vision is correctable with lenses, so I see no point in risking my eyesight with surgery. Lasik is not a full proof as claimed, I suggest you do a lot of legitimate research and only do it if you have little choice for serviceable vision.

I can't get over the fact that they make such an incision. There's no coming back from that...

Lasik is a scam

Less than 1%. Some people have a permanent feeling of something in their eye or a constant pain and people with severe complications often commit suicide because it's so bad.

But it's pretty rare overall.

My work schedule is such that 100% of my driving is at night. Even a "no complications" lasik results in decreased ability to see and drive at night. It is a 100% known side effect and for most people it's a good trade off; "how often do you drive at night?" For me, however, it's a hard no.

It's why they do surgery one eye at a time. If they fuck it up, you can never get the other one done.

I had -7.5 in both eyes. Had PRK surgery done. Have near 20/20 vision (got 3 of out 4 on the 20/20 line right).
I have a little bit of a hall effect around lights at night, but no where near bad enough to impact my driving.
Also, PRK doesn't cause dry eyes like Lasik does, so no issues there.

>tfw developing lazy eye

>Virtual Reality devs still think they can succeed when headsets don't accommodate glasses wearers
>They think I'm gonna risk blindness and spend a huge chunk of money just to wear a screen on my face

Attached: Laughing pasta mongers.webm (1280x720, 1.79M)

The military won't take anyone who has had lasik, so that alone tells you that it's a medical quagmire.

>doctors and nurses don't get it done themselves
>know someone who got it but still wears blue light filter glasses

>2019
>still wearing glasses and not contacts
Why?

It's either getting rid of glasses this way or staying an incel

yer loads, got my pecker cut, corrected vision 4 times with a 5th coming up with a high probability of double vision as an outcome, ive broken both arms and legs and have rods in each and have had my baby toe nails removed, divsion 2 is pretty good also.

I went in for laser eye surgery but they accidentally gave me eye laser surgery instead. Now I can't stop shooting lasers out of my eyes and this bald cripple keeps showing up at my door asking if I want to join his school.

1. Astigmatism which means big honking contacts that are a pain in the ass to get in
2. Allergic reactions to the solution they're kept them in
3. I've been told by anyone I've ever asked that my face looks better with glasses on

I've done it, last year even. Honestly my experience with it was absolutely perfect, but maybe I was lucky. Got perfect vision, no side-effects, the blurriness you get right afterward went away after just a couple weeks, it barely itched at all... I really got no complaints.

I do have photophobia though, and they said that could get better after surgery and it didn't, so there's that.

Attached: 1523771518989.jpg (1024x768, 98K)

>I was going to see better for the rest of my life but they told me it costs MONEY! Can you believe those assholes?

Prolonged use can cause eye damage. Glasses are more convenient.

>*blocks u r path*

Attached: a_single_grain_of_sand.jpg (700x636, 87K)

>my face looks better with glasses on
Damn you ugly. Also tranny mods

I have to because of my job but I'm so fucking scared lads.

>-7.5 in both eyes
Damn, that's brutal. -4 here.

>he doesn't just lift weights with his eyes for peak vision

Attached: 1552287239200.jpg (389x420, 63K)

>it barely itched at all
What the shit it's supposed to itch?

I only lift weights with my dick for max penetration

>moved to Jow Forums
jannies????

since it's on fit now, what are some lifts for eye gains?

Attached: 1478723137790.jpg (699x485, 69K)

How the fuck is this Jow Forums related?

They fire a laser into your eyes nigga, how would it not itch? And you gotta resist and not scratch it too. Not allowed to sleep in any position other than belly up for a couple weeks too.

You're a fucking retard.
The Air Force has approved lasik and PRK for aircrews and pilots, you know, the people who need their vision the most. I have two friends in pilot training right now who had corrective laser surgery.

I had eye surgery just a month ago and it's definitely worth it.

I feel great, more confident now that i don't have to wear stupid nerdy glasses ever again.

Totally worth it from my part - I had a surgery called PRK if you want to research it.

>Not allowed to sleep in any position other than belly up for a couple weeks too
Oh fuck me I can't do that.

You're under anesthesia during the procedure right? Like, comatosed?

had lasik in 2015 and it's wonderful

no regrets

>people with severe complications often commit suicide because it's so bad
I can't fucking do this lads. FUCK.

It's worth it - with PRK it hurts the first two days after the surgery, like a lot, but trust me it's really worth it.

And you are not fully anesthetized, only your eyes so you don't feel pain during the procedure but you see everything - I had my eyes open for like 10 minutes, but I was completely devoted to it, nothing could change my mind.

They should have sent it to [spoiler]/i/.

lmao just tears your eyes out if something goes wrong what's the problem

Attached: gibberingprophet.jpg (340x306, 44K)

>you are not fully anesthetized, only your eyes so you don't feel pain during the procedure but you see everything - I had my eyes open for like 10 minutes
lmaooo I'm not doing this
fuck literally everything about that

No, at least in my procedure you just get some anesthetic eye drops. That said, the whole thing doesn't even last 5 minutes, let me give you a rundown of how it was for me:

>anesthetic eye drops are applied, they tell you to wait a couple minutes with your eyes closed for it to take effect
>you're put under a huge machine and they put the thingies that keep your eyes open on your, like on Clockwork Orange
>machine makes some noise and you see some flashing lights
>doctor pokes around your eye a bit, suddenly your vision goes black
>a bit more of noise
>vision comes back
>repeat on other eye
>it's done

It's extremely fast and you feel nothing, other than it being kinda scary when your vision goes black. My experience with post-op was that my vision would alternate between horribly blurry and totally perfect in random intervals for around three weeks, and it itched but really not awfully so. I did have some difficulty falling asleep with my belly up, but it was worth it.

I did. Fast, cheap, effective. Sides last only for a few first months. Should've done it years before

-8.5 reporting for duty

>suddenly your vision goes black
fucking hell, I'd probably shit my pants at this part

you'll be fine

I'm laughing and crying read your post dude. I'm hoping you're bullshitting me.
I can't fucking do that shit, no god damn way.

Damn that's insane. How thick are your glasses?

had lasik a few years ago

i had only -2 in each eye and after like 12 hours after the surgery procedure i felt nothing different, just got the benefits of not having to use glasses or lenses, it was almost like there was no procedure...i was prepared for pain and itch but i felt nothing...i was kind of suprised it was that simple, really...i never had any side effects after the 12 hour mark
just seek the best doctor in your area, i did mine with the best guy in my city (1.5 million habitants), cost me more than doing with a random doctor but you should never risk it when it comes down to something so important

never had any issue, no itch, nothing

by far one of the best decisions of my life

I know people that were really scared of doing it for years, and after finally mustering up the courage they regretted not doing it earlier. And if you already know how it's going to go you don't have to worry about being startled and jolting your head or something. I think if you're interested enough to be considering it, trying to overcome your fear would be worth the effort.

That said I do know the prospect of having people probe your eyes can sound horribly uncomfortable, so I can relate.

VR is pixelated as fuck. Wtf are those virgins on about?

>And if you already know how it's going to go you don't have to worry about being startled and jolting your head or something
That's one of my biggest worries during the procedure. I jolt easily. Like reflexively. Hoping they strap me down in some welded metal or something. God. This is why I'd prefer being comatosed or whatever.

>I think if you're interested enough to be considering it
The only reason I'm considering it is because of my job. My dioptry is legally too high for my position. I never wanted to do this before and I thought I could continue living without it. I was perfectly happy with my incel glasses. Then they said "You're blind as a molerat and you're a danger to the crew". It's either lasik or unemployment for me. FUCK my life dude.

Really bro, it doesn't hurt at all, it is creepy of course but once you are there you are completely in your zone, it's almost cathartic.

I felt great just knowing that I would have to use any stupid glasses ever again.

i would never**
forgot a word

I got it about 6 months ago. I only needed one eye done. It is fucking great. I'll keep checking in on this thread in case anyone has specific questions.

It's not just about the pain or itching really. I don't like all those side effects that can occur. Like double vision, even worse sight, bad night visibility, dry eyes, that one condition that makes light refract and too intense or whatever etc. etc. I watched all sorts of lasik regret videos on Youtube. The fact that if they fuck me up I'll not only stay unemployed I'll also have a shit eyesight for life.

It's a huge risk-small reward for me and the one thing that's pissing me off the most is the fact that this retarded law is relatively new for my position too.
I know guys that were literally missing an eye and still had the same profession as me and now I have to do this fucking procedure from hell for only a fucking -4 dioptry that I already learned to live with.

>not improving yourself because gf.
I hate people like you, damn beta who are submissive to their girlfriends. Grow a pair and do surgery, do it for yourself.

I did it about 5 years ago. I had horrible vision and it affected my day to day life. Many of my hobbies were very physical and I either had to deal with shit vision or deal with my glasses getting broken.

It was 3k, took 3 visits to the doctor (consultation, operation, follow up), and 1 day of shit healing and 3 months of overall healing. I have perfect vision now. The only downside I've noticed is that assholes that leave their brights on really fuck with me while driving and I have to have sunglasses on outside or its a bit uncomfortable. I'm autistic Riddick.

Attached: 47230060_510246199490708_8969116359547944960_o.jpg (963x830, 51K)

Do it, best thing i've spent money on. And do your fking research and don't go to the "cheapest" one just to save a few hundred

First off, you're clearing focusing way too much on the possible bad sides. If it was THAT dangerous it wouldn't be such a commonly available procedure.

Second off, literally ANY surgery you want you can go to Youtube and find a lot of videos from the unlucky bastards that suffered side-effects or had it done incorrectly. That means nothing.

>I'm autistic Riddick.
I like you for making that reference.

I would it’s successful if feet are no longer being hallucinated in your field of vision

Attached: 6A8A6208-A83C-47F6-93C3-00A51C22D780.gif (500x276, 121K)

Nigger, you can wear glasses in most headsets just fine.

Yeah you're right. I'm just seething because I'm feeling so karmically cucked. I'll go talk to a doctor next week. See if my corneas are fat enough to cut or what the fuck ever, I zoned out when I first heard that I'll have to get the surgery.

Thanks for encouragement user.

Attached: 1511738769601.jpg (437x431, 28K)

Hey mate, hopefully when all's over and done with you'll think of this not as karmic cucking but as the opportunity that got you a life improvement you might not have sought otherwise.

Best of luck.

Attached: 1531693371183.png (1134x737, 521K)

>perfect vision
>literally blinded by day light and car lights

Yikes!

I'm almost 30 and my eyes still aren't stabilized. I want PRK so bad.

i did this shit yolo both eyes didnt gave a fuck even after seeing videos of the procedure
changed my life for the better
enhance your life user