How am I not losing any weight

I’ve been going to the gym running 2-3 miles, eating ONE meal a day consisting of lean protein, complex carb, and a lot of vegetables, drinking only water and just weighed after a week and only lost one pound.

What am I doing wrong?

Attached: 5257DD85-2BB8-4017-81F7-AA31C2FB96A6.jpg (4032x3024, 3.33M)

btw I weight 240 pounds and I’m 5’10

try running 10 miles

Have you been doing it 6months?

Dude same I think it just takes longer than we think

one pound a week is great progress. There are 3500 calories in a pound, so you need to be at a 500 calorie deficit a day to lose one pound a week

Eat less fatty

I use to weigh 273 but I lost 30 pounds within three months eating fast food while doing a fast and not working out

I’m generally confused af, people tell me I’m not eating enough then others tell me I need to be at a calorie deficit.

Have you been measuring your food carefully? It's easy to underestimate intake and overestimate output without good measurement/logging.

You lost one pound, thats not not losing weight mate

count your calories, youre eating too much, complex carbs are extremely calorie dense, way more so than a burger and are really only useful for bulking, Just eat meat and vegetables, no rice, no potatoes, no wheat bread or whatever else you think is healthy

I’ve been averaging about 1200 calories if not less of my meals.

Screenshotted my question from /fast/ if anyone wants to help here

Attached: Screenshot_20190326-132511.png (720x1280, 174K)

go lower, workout more. This isnt rocket science bud

Your not wrong but I use to lose 3-4 pounds a week. Not saying that 1 pound isn’t good but I wanna meet a goal that now seems impossible unless I start losing the same weight

A 240 pound man running 3 miles a day eating 1200 calories shouldn’t lose a pound a day, your science is wrong.

Give it time dude. Weight loss is not linear. There are a lot of fluctuations in shit like water. You won’t start seeing real results until about 1.5 months of consistency

you lost water weight and cleaned out your bowels at the beginning but now its gone

No, you're not counting right, I 100% guarantee it so you need to eat less and do more cardio

you're obviously eating too much. Eat nothing for a full week and run 10 miles (make breakes if you can't run non stop). The fat should just melt off.

Idk if this is a joke or not

its not

>trying to lose weight
>eating carbs which induce insulin production
>trying to lose weight with the presence of insulin
Why

It is.

can you explain this more, i dont know shit about this

How many calories gay boy?

>complex carbs are extremely calorie dense
Absolute nonsense. Sweet potatoes are so calorie-light that they weigh more than the number of calories they possess. and they are extremely nutritious in terms of macronutrient and micronutrient content. OP, you should be consuming more of these high volume, low calorie foods during a cut.

t. lost 30kg while eating sweet potatoes and rice

weight can very wildly. you could easily be holding like 2 lbs of literal shit inside you

Insulin prevents fat mobilization out of your fat deposits. Basically, any significant amount of insulin in your bloodstream will prevent you from using fat as an energy source.

CICO. You're probably only at about a 500 calorie deficit if you only lost one pound in a week. Want to go easy mode? Stick with OMAD, eat keto until in ketosis, then start fasting with snake juice. Keto + OMAD for a few days before a fast makes fasting incredibly easy. You'll already be in ketosis and you'll only be hungry during your OMAD feeding window for the first few days. After that it's smooth sailing. You lose way less muscle when fasting than when on a deficit too, despite of what retards who know nothing about fasting will tell you.

>you should be consuming more of these high volume, low calorie foods during a cut.
there literally no reason to eat carbs on a cut.
carbs exist to give you energy, thats all they are to your body. when your goal is to use up your stored energy reserves why on earth would you eat something that is basically energy?
>they are extremely nutritious in terms of macronutrient and micronutrient content
thats fair enough but you can just eat leafy greens and stuff instead. If youre not loosing weight then carbs are the no2 thing to drop after sugar (which you shouldnt eat anyway)
drop the carbs, run more or walk places and be more patient.

I've been experimenting with my body over the last 10 years this is anecdotal so bare with me. Don't cut to start losing weight as a fat fuck you can build decent mass early on at a deficit. Eat all you want clean bulk. Lift forget about cardio build as much mass as you can for 3-6 months. Now you can start losing weight much easier because muscle mass burns more static calories. Fuck the fasting bullshit if Joe Rogan is doing it you can assume it's a meme.

>Rice is low calorie
What?

Too much exercise on a body that's not fit tries its best to retain water. Your recent stressful activity tells it to. While you might have lost a couple pounds, water weight will stay high until your body is accustomed to your workouts. I did couch to 5k and gained 10lb, stopped completely and didn't change my diet and lost 15+ over the next few weeks. If I had kept going it would have gone down naturally.

>4032x3024

What is your total cal per day and total net carbs?