How do i get a chest like eugene sandow...

how do i get a chest like eugene sandow? i've never been a fan of huge bodybuilder chests and a pic of this dude was posted here on Jow Forums and it inspired me.
i searched online for his routine* and it mentions only push-ups and weighted push-ups, currently i'm doing Jow Forums's greyskull lp, should i remove the bench press and replace it with push-ups or is it better to alternate the push-ups and bench press weekly?

*here for example: rippeder.com/content/eugen-sandows-workout-routine

Attached: Eugen-Sandow-415[1].jpg (968x1521, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spartantraining.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/sandowpt.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: greyskull lp.png (700x600, 37K)

Is this achievable natty?

i hope so, the dude was lifting in the early 1900's

Attached: a39cdh6s3he21[1].png (436x767, 429K)

How tall and heavy is this guy supposed to be?

The bench will help you a lot with your press.
If you like the smaller chest look and want to still gain the benefits of a horizontal press, try close grip, floor press or incline close grip for a good carryover.

If you want to get good with pushups, GSLP does have an optional frequency pushup addon.

you need to have never touched plastic in your life

Sandow thought large chests were feminine because of the statues he had seen in Greece/Italy as a kid. Also, the bench press wasn’t invented until after Sandow was dead so you can skip it entirely if you really are committed to the Sandow look.

Sandow thought large chests where feminine because he had a shit chest. The fox and the grapes. As a fellow chestlet, I understand his pain.

If you're not roiding just work chest like anyone else does, I promise you you're not gonna get the bodybuilder tits.

Dude looks similar to me. Just be natty and lift for a few years.

It's either hypertrophy or it's not.

If your chest development is weak, I'd suggest increasing the volume of sets you do per week of heavy chest work. Literature suggests at least 10 sets a week. Probably not more than 30

175cm but god knows what he actually weighted

You can just skip chest overall. Maybe do a psuh up every few weeks.

I came here to start a Sandow thread.

I much prefer the Grecian physique style like this. Modern bodybuilding style and the "V" meme just aren't appealing to me. I'm lucky because I have the right body type for it, but I'm kind of in the same boat as OP. I'm trying to find out his routine. all that I can find online is his lightweight routine (most of the exercises are actually good) , but in one of his books he mentions a heavyweight routine that they taught in his actual gyms.

I'm aware that his routine wasnt optimal, but I think he's a testament to lifelong persistent exercise even on a daily basis compared to hard-and-fast staggered exercises of modern bodybuilding. The most impressive musculature I've ever seen always belongs to dudes that have been working on farms their whole lives or car mechanics with forearms like iron

What is that in first world units, like 5'7"?

175cm

Why does he look so fucking aesthetic bros?

Yes it's 5'7 ameritard

i found this book, it has a list of high weight exercises:
spartantraining.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/sandowpt.pdf

> (OP)
>Why does he look so fucking aesthetic bros?

He started very young and would actually go to Italy and take measurements of the Greek statues to match them. He was extremely disciplined. worked out everyday, which seems counterproductive by today's standards, but I think over a long time has better overall results. I mean just look at him. Maybe not for sheer size but his muscles were hard as hell, he was genuinely very strong.

My absolute nigga, thanks

Attached: SmartSelect_20190326-164034_Xodo Docs.jpg (1043x1327, 423K)

Is this a meme or not

>Myanmar
>First world

Kek'd

I'm not saying he is not natty but we could be suprised. Don't forget that they had cocaïne chewing gum and herion cough sirup. Maybe they had stuff that resemble today's roids too.

If they did, sandow invented it. Keep in mine this was personal goal for him, bodybuilding wasnt even a thing, and he invented bodybuilding competitions, meaning there was no reason for steroids to exist. He used to shill powdered egg whites, that's about it.

Do shoulder and tricep exercises to fatigue before you do the chest exercises to maximize chest muscle contraction and activation.