You do season your chicken, right Jow Forums?

You do season your chicken, right Jow Forums?

Attached: 20AA7D67-606F-4A64-9FF9-6BDCCAA2FB09.jpg (4032x3024, 3.65M)

I season your mom with my cum

Attached: 1549374514203.jpg (680x966, 102K)

Yup

Attached: 15536385060011214399418059067866.jpg (2560x1440, 1.1M)

Fuck yeah

Chicken breast is such a shit tier cut of meat. You have to drown that shit in seasoning just to make it edible.

Salt and pepper. Im more of a sauce guy so I put some sauce on it before eating.

It's like the chuck of chicken. I don't get why everyone loves lean chicken but hates lean steak. I think a lot of people are lying to themselves and just pretending to like what is popular.

Because with chicken you're eating it for protein. With steak you're eating it for flavor.

Just boil it in a slow cooker, dice it up, and mix it with instant mashed potatoes. Delicious, creamy, and makes the chicken breast nice and tender

Maybe i want a protein that doesn't taste like cardboard

>t. can't cook chicken

Based, I have skinless thighs instead of breasts, they are tastier and have pretty much same macros

>pretty much the same macros
Thighs are much higher in fat. It's fine if you account for it on a bulk, but it's hard as fuck to get it to fit on a cut

Are you cooking those in an oven? How do you cook them without them coming out dry as fuck? I've tried cooking them in an oven and using a slow cooker. They all come out so dry. My last resort is pan fried but I can't mass cook chicken and it takes forever to cook them all.

400 for 23 minutes, make sure to coat them with some olive oil, why do so many of my bros not know how to cook?

you should have seasoned then put them in the pan to bake
you're gonna burn the fuck out of all the seasoning that missed the chicken and fell onto the foil

White chicken meat is a stupid con. It's all about the wings, legs and back

Do you wrap it in tinfoil with a little macro sage fat or oil? The tinfoil will keep the moisture in.

Don't care, I put them onto a meat rack.

Still eating olive oil

Not gonna make it

>throws a shitton of random spices on there
>I'm such a cook!

fattier cuts of meat, and food in general, taste better. No shit chicken breast isn't that good.

>Thinking you're a cook because you sprinkle prepared seasoning on raw meat
Cringe

I'll try that next time. Thanks!

Can I simply cover them with tin foil sheet over the top or do I have to individually wrap each one?

OP - Pic Related

Attached: MYGO5Pi.jpg (318x653, 22K)

No. I eat both for protein and flavor. Chicken thighs taste better than breasts and there is absolutely no good reason to avoid saturated fat.
Brine.
>brine = juicy even if slightly overcooked
>no brine = dry no matter what
Also don't use olive oil for baking ffs. It has a smoke point of about 380°, which means it oxidizes above that temp and will literally give you fucking cancer you retard.

The ones I am buying are not that much higher in fats, 2.8g total and 0.8g of saturated fats per 100g but thats about it. Its not that bad right? I think as long as they are skinless it's all good.

Again, no. You people are fucking retarded if you're heating up EVOO.
See:
Enjoy your cancer dumbass.

chuck is great if you're making a stew! Chicken breast on the other hand always suck, just buy thighs.

If you don't grill your chicken over lump charcoal and hardwood you are a cuck

Smoking entire chickens is another acceptable answer

Attached: 20889.jpg (1392x2864, 762K)

Imagine being so desperate to gatekeep a skill as basic as cooking that you get triggered by a conversation about chicken seasoning.

>Cancer: the meal

This is not retard

If I use a metal pan I wrap the chicken like I would a pataoe. I try to wrap it so no juice can get out into the pan. You can technically just cover the top of the pan but juice will leave the chicken and spread out. Also, you will have to put more effort into cleaning the pan.

If I use glass or Corning wear I put a macro safe fat or oil in the bottom. Then I fill it with chicken. Spice top of chicken. Then cover the top of container with tinfoil and press edges around container to prevent moisture from evaporating out.

Fun tip, put some raw broccoli in there and cook it at the same time.

Chicken should be brined. Mix water, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and onion powder and put it in a ziplock. Add in a little vinegar then stick your chicken in there for a minimum of 30 minutes and maximum of 24 hours before cooking it. The salt and vinegar break down the tissue and make it more moist after cooked.

were supposed to be bros user wtf

Attached: 1553405894367.jpg (1010x897, 68K)

Based brine user, I use olive oil because I like how it tastes, everythings gonna give me cancer in this clown world might as well make my food taste good

>fat makes you fat

Back to r/TwoXChromosomes for you!

Imagine being afraid of meat cooked over fire.

Attached: 21532.jpg (1700x2267, 719K)

I'll try out brining. What's the general water to salt ratio? I usually buy packs of chicken in the 7-8 lb range and I've got a large bucket I can put it all in but I've never measured how many cups of water I need to fully submerge all the breasts. Minimum of 8 hours is good right?

I'll try out that mixture, thanks. What are the ratios though? I'd like to brine a bunch all at once.

Did I fucking say fat makes you fat? Fat has calories, which are tough to fit into your cut

Inshallah, lunch is ready for the rest of the week.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.85M)

>As basic as cooking
Fucking exactly. Now you get why I cringed.

So? Lol u mad? Are you a freshman who actually has to cook for the first time in your life or something? How the fuck is sprinkling seasoning on chicken even worth a thread?I refuse to believe you guys are that inept

its time we stop being bros son

Now that looks fucking tasty

fuckk pasta and nice meat is always a juicy combo

Just fucking kill it. Put in some basil, thyme, or oregano if you want. Thighs are fatty enough that you don't need to but if you're doing a whole chicken or breasts brine them. If you're frying chicken I've heard that picke juice is great to brine with.

muh dik

>you only need to brine for like 30 minutes man, but feel free to brine overnight

holy fuck user I'm trying to endure this 24 hour fast and you got me fucking slobbering like a retard here

Most of the fat is in the skin. Skinless thighs have 4g of fat per 100g raw (119 total calories) vs about 1.5g of fat per 100g raw for breast. Cooked it ends up being a bit less (fat drips off into the pan). A lb of chicken a day ends up with

What pasta what in it user

Buy a charcoal smoker. Mine was only $150. They're fucking easy but you have to baby it all day for temperature and correct smoke consistancy. This was thanksgiving turkey hickory smoked.

Plus you take those drippings and add them to the roux for gravy.

Attached: 21533.jpg (1835x2446, 753K)

Pan-frying chicken breasts should be okay, right? I don't think pan-frying gets that high. Also, I think the smokepoint of EVOO is 400-410°F, and the smokepoints of other forms of olive oil are even higher.

Chicken can taste good if you want it to. I coat both sides of my chicken breasts in salt, pepper, garlic powder, and some assorted Italian herbs. Then I pan fry them in olive oil, 7 minutes on medium heat then flip for another 7 minutes. That seems to do the trick on my old electric stove. The results are juicy chicken breasts with a crispy brown spice coating. Sometimes when I'm feeling really lazy, I just eat the leftovers cold, and it's still pretty good.

Spatchcocked chicken dry brined + cooked offset over cherry wood = perfect chicken IMO

I've been bulking since I got a smoker kek

Attached: cosyboomerdreams.jpg (570x321, 49K)

Cheesy mac with arugula and mushrooms.

Just put milk in a saucepan and add butter, garlic, salt, pepper, sage, and paprika. Then slowly mix in your cheeses a little at a time while stirring. Eventually it will thicken. I think we used smoked gouda and some kind of cheddar for that one.

yes. i make my own spice blend

Attached: spice jar.jpg (960x1280, 293K)

I don't spatchcock and usually go for a wet brine in a cooler overnight. Then rub down inside and out and under the skin. One thing I need to do that I've heard is put a half an onion inside the cavity along with cloves and herbs like sage, bay, and thyme.

Dry brine gets the skin a bit crispier in my experience

Itching for the weather to warm up a bit so I can try a brisket for the first time. You braved one yet? Last year I was smoking ribs/pulled pork every weekend and life was glorious

Nah, they're pricey. Have done a reverse seared tritip though

The thread is about whether or not people on Jow Forums season their chicken
Not about making gourmet, 5-star chicken
Get the stick out of your ass, nobody here gives a shit about what you have to say about cooking

An onion inside with some celery is nice for the aromatic, slap on a butter paste with chopped up parlsey garlic and lemon and you're cookin son

>other forms of olive oil
You mean olive oil that is already oxidized and carcinogenic before you open it because it was extracted with heat and chemicals? This is the problem with most plant fats that are liquid at room temp. They're all fucking poison if they've been heated or processed with chemicals. They're usually almost entirely omega 6 too, and most people already get way too fucking much omega 6 already. Just use a stable saturated fat like lard, tallow, or ghee.

A little heavy cream and cream cheese go a long way as emulsifiers for a cheese sauce. Makes a huge difference in texture.

>extra virgin
I can tell.

rosemary+basil+salt+pepper+olive oil = unf

Attached: 1547587855038.jpg (434x486, 174K)

that looks like a pain in the ass to clean

Basil, ground ginger and garlic. Simple and makes it very tasty.
Mom always hammered in that rosemary is a "spice for fish", should i try it?

it might be best put on fish but when I put it on chicken breast it was absolute cash

Clean?

Attached: sym_hotseasoning-400px_grande.png (400x400, 210K)

Expain

it's a bunch of stuff mixed in

Attached: file.png (215x360, 26K)

This. The key to cooking chicken in the oven is to cook it at a higher temp for less time, and to baste it in oil. 20 minutes at 450 is usually perfect.

Real Garlic, rosemary, pepper and some red pepper. Sometimes this mystery rub I got from some crazy man at a new mexican flea market .

Put a little Greek yogurt on top to make it nice and juicy. I bake 23 min at 450.

fuck an oven. cook with grapeseed oil, med-high heat on nonstick pan. it will be the juiciest grilled chicken you have ever eaten. i season mine with salt, lemon pepper, and garlic powder.

You didn't join the real and active Official Fitness Server on Dis cord yet??
Advice on routine and posture advice, motivate each other, awesome stories, feels, food pics recipes and diet checks, fasting, etc.
Self improvement, nofap, powerlifting, fraud (steroids), martial arts, current body thread, injury prevention, etc.
We also have some fun channels like memes.
For those who want more adventure, we have a contest: post a pic in begin of the month, and one at the end. Then users vote and the winner gets prize money!

We accept people from all fitness levels: fat, average or athletic. As long as you are encouraging and motivating you are most welcome!
dis cord (dot) gg / v3wR7nr

Attached: 1542421098825.gif (554x400, 119K)

I put coarse salt or nothing at all.
That's it. I actually like the taste of plain meat.

i marinate it

what is your fucking source for this you god damn hippie

fuck that pic is brutal

Who the fuck does not season their chicken?
>gourmet
Lmfao holy shit, are your standards for gourmet seriously that fucking low?

i brine then season.

he is fucking you mom, dude. That's what bros do.

just wait till both hit puberty, the boy will destroy her.

I boil a chicken breast 3 eggs dip in sirracha and eat. I don't know what seasoning is

Do you ... boil the eggs with the chicken? Do you crack them first? Please expound.

Also WYPIPO wash. yo. meat before cooking to rinse of dem bacteria and pesticider and viruzez n shit

Don't you have woman to do it user ?

Attached: 8N9VJ9T11MKZ.jpg (428x677, 61K)

Chicken thighs taste so much better and almost always go for 1.49/lb or less at stores around me.

Keep eating breasts you dumbfucks.

Shit makes even pan fried breast juicy