Stress & Anxiety

Are there any memes/methoods to reduce stress & anxiety? I don't know why but i keep getting super stressed and anxious over the most minuscule things like homework. I even get severely stressed by things i dont know im thinking about subconsciously. And it gets really bad too causing me physical symptoms like heart palpitations. Anyone know why this is? I really hate this, what can i do to make this issue a thing of the past?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-31-01-05-28(1).png (1062x914, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/hiyzl/24_year_old_who_suffered_social_anxiety_his/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Focus on the process of doing your work (ie study), not worrying about doing your work.

lavender oil is anxiolytic, lowers heartrate etc. dont trust me though look into it. but by lowering your heartrate it does slow down metabolism. also wrong board.

unironically try a pair of jade balls. you can get them off amazon for pretty cheap.

Attached: 23be15bf3e826518c30eb65d6ebf--feng-shui-balls-of-jade-ulan-stroke.jpg (1500x1125, 165K)

Stress actually changes your hormonal production by leading to the creation of cortisol, which can be countered by meditation and yoga. They will also make future episodes less intense.

*Feeling* stress/anxious in a situation is different, it's something that requires constant exposition so your brain can stop entering panic mode and learn to properly digest and manage a task.

This leddit thread can be useful, it's a dude who was part of a scientific experiment to help him conquer social anxiety telling his story. The methods the scientific team used can probably be adjusted to help with other types of anxiety. I recommend you read it and develop similar steps to conquer your own problem.

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/hiyzl/24_year_old_who_suffered_social_anxiety_his/

How many can you fit inside of you?

Do breathing:
Inhale and count to 4, like actual seconds not a fast 1234 a 1..2..3..4. Exhale and do the same. Then hold the breath for 2 seconds and repeat. Do it for a minute or two and do it all throughout the day. Like once an hour or just when you remember. Make sure you’re breathing with your stomach and not your chest. As you do it focus on all your tension and allowing it to leave as you exhale. Focus on every body part until it’s completely relaxed.

What are you afraid of? Some things I'm sure are learned fears others are inherent. Things we grew up being told not to do or experiences that shaped us. I'm afraid of fire for example and for good reason, but would I jump through the fire to survive if the option was death if I didn't?

There is a peak where you start to trade off your own self worth and fear as you embrace your mortality but willingness to survive.

Jow Forums - Fitness

I deal with stress and bullshit by playing the guitar, i'm only a week in but its a great feeling learning how to play new chords and getting strumming patterns right, etc. Give that a try or maybe piano or something that you find takes your mind off things and is relaxing at the same time, because it is a skill with a high ceiling you dont have to worry about being competitive or crazy about it you can just do the simple shit you've been learning until you're great at it and then learn something new and repeat. Also leaening a new language can be fun, try duolingo. Reading is also a good way to relax. Most important of all try to get a good sleeping schedule.

Attached: 1512581349474.gif (400x300, 2M)

Try smoking some dude weed lmao.

breathing excercises, meditation, self reflection, yoga
What helped me was realizing the ability to feel peaceful was inside of me and to feel it I needed to realize that any possible failures of mine aren't that big a deal.
I'll still be the person I respect tomorrow, no matter what I fuck up today, and life will continue.
Could look into certain supplements, Ashwagandha is supposed to be good for stress and reduces cortisol, Phenibut can be taken once a week for a particularly hard day (do not abuse this one or your anxiety could worsen from baseline)
Hope you manage to figure it out soon, user, for sure feels gay when you're that stressed but rest assured it can be dealt with

depends on how big your asshole is

the moment you ask that question you already lost bro, push your limits

Good read. Cheers bud.

do NOT do this while anxious!

Attached: 516s5pXEDUL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 15K)

oh fuck no

Not OP, I tried Ashwagandha. And I can say, it does work, it definitely affected my mood. Just not positively. I was so fucking angry all the time about the dumbest shit, I stopped taking it because I was afraid I'm going to hurt someone.

dont take this shit, its a gaba antagonist and will eventually make you feel worse than if you hadn't taken it at all.

t. got rid of mine yesterday and already feel better

You'd probably figure out why this is if you took the time to just relax. Lots of anxieties are just feelings or negative experiences reinforced by thoughts or feelings. Point blank stress and anxiety always have to do with fear. Last winter I became homeless and got super stressed. Finally gave up trying to be a god unto myself and just let a lot of stuff go. Control what you can and don't sweat the rest man. Also, unironically knowing God helped me loads. GL to ya

>L-theanine
>5-htp (with EGCG)
>kratom
>proper hydration
>balanced sleep schedule
>staying lean
>regular meals

there are probably others i forget but these all help

>Control what you can and don't sweat the rest man

this guy gets it

Meditation. I meditate for ten minutes in the morning before I get up then again at night before I try to go to sleep and it’s helped massively with my anxiety. It’s like doing maintenance on your mind and clearing it out so that when something stressful comes up you can process it and deal with it instead of adding shit to an already huge pile. It won’t solve all your problems but it is a huge help.

There’s an app I use for meditation called headspace that’s constantly shilled on YouTube that I found really helpful. There’s paid content but the free shit on it is just as good. I’d recommend that if you’re having trouble relaxing your mind.

Also this