Considering doing bouldering as my main form of exercise but I am worried about having a huge upper body and skinny...

Considering doing bouldering as my main form of exercise but I am worried about having a huge upper body and skinny legs, should I be supplementing with squats or some other exercises?

Attached: cqt.jpg (914x1280, 134K)

Basically everyone I've ever seen bouldering is really lean, you won't build a huge upper body this way. Also a lot of strength when climbing comes from your legs, have you even actually done any bouldering?

>climbs plastic walls
>calls it bouldering
how fucking gay

Yes

This user is on to something. You will not get huge, but supplementing climbing with weight training could help alot. It is all about your goals fren.

Attached: 1550294207597.jpg (256x386, 32K)

I assume serious boulderers are lean because it helps them climb, not necessarily as a result of their climbing training. I only did bouldering once but I only felt it in my arms and lats, nothing in my legs. I know there are leg holds and some pushes from legs but IMO lower body requires way more than that to actually look good

I fucked up my finger bad doing this, it's only just at the point where it's healing. Took like 3 months. Don't do it OP.

You were probably still untrained fren. It takes time for your tendons to catch up. Think of it as a car having a high performance engine, but a shitty set of tires.

Attached: 184848.jpg (620x413, 51K)

You won't get huge but your upper body will be visibly more developed than your lower body. Nothing wrong with that as far as sport performance goes, but it should be supplemented by weighted lower body movements if you want to look well balanced

You really need to be careful for the first few months until you train your finger tendons to be stronger. I'm an experienced climber but I slacked hard for a good long while until the inevitable tendon tear came. It's really something you need to constantly do a few times per week to keep that finger strength.

I see lots of weightlifters who have never climbed before, think that they'll fucking own the climb, put all their strength into pulling up their body with their arms the entire route, and inevitably dangle on two or three fingers for one hold, and *snap*. There goes their tendon.

Just call it rock climbing you fad following faggot

>jeopardising your performance because of vanity
Yep, just keep on trucking, faggot.

Attached: fit Apu ripped.jpg (1200x683, 69K)

I want to boulder every day but i got eblow tendonitis and the pain keeps waking me up at night if I do dynamic moves with my right hands, or put any weight on it while it's not straight

Attached: D1znKWXW0AEBmIC.jpg (750x491, 68K)

You probably want to balance out with leg excercises and push exercises like bench and overhead press

Have you? Look at any pro boulderers physique and tell me again how strong their legs are.

>tfw no rock climber gf who could rip my dick off with minimal effort
not gonna make it bros

Attached: pepe.jpg (1200x800, 110K)

Supplement bouldering with a decent lifting routine. Many bouldering gyms will have at least some workout equipment. Do squats, dead lifts and pushups/OHP. Many pro rock climbers do pretty intense physical training in addition to climbing.

This. I would actually be more inclined to do it if I could guarantee nobody would utter that ridiculous term while I was there.

> Not calling jogging groundering

You won't get bulky unless you bulk like you would doing any other exercise. If anything, you'll likely get a muscle imbalance with your forearms, legs (quads) and back. And youy'll need to work on the eccentric exercises to help mitigate.

I did bouldering for a while (2 years), and just like anything, you should take it easy, built up the strength and endurance, as well as the flexibillity to do the sport. Sure, you can try and "muscle" your way on a route, but your arms are only going to take you so far, and your stamina will give out, especially if you plan to do harder routes at longer lengths. A V6 route on a 25ft wall is like doing an extended sprint or run.

Have fun though.

But its not rock climbing retard. It's in a gym with plastic fucking holds.

Squats are a net negative to your bouldering progress

having trex legs is useless outside the squat rack

>those hands...

Don't listen to anyone in this thread, they don't know what they're talking about. I do competitive bouldering and yes while it doesn't do much for the legs, a lot of us do squats (with weights) and other exercises to increase our leg muscles. Despite what a lot of people say, bouldering isn't leg based, most of it is dependent on the upper body and finger/grip strength. Give bouldering a go! It's extremely addictive, fun, and you'll meet a lot of great people. I was pretty meh towards sport or exercise before I got involved in bouldering, but now it's a huge part of my life

that pic confuses me

>having trex legs is useless outside the squat rack

Tell that to any rower, cyclist, football/rugby player or judoka. T-rex legs can power some very useful movements.