Faith will make you happy again anons

Faith will make you happy again anons

Attached: 7CAD6FF2-4E48-40B2-8BE9-A389987E025B.png (750x1334, 1.69M)

Believing in Santa Claus would also make me happy, but I'm a grownup not a baby paying and worshipping just for the off chance that an all loving fatass in the sky can play favorites with his creations

you sound like a miserable person to be around, and your knowledge on matters of faith seemed to have plateaued at age 4

>being in a violent middle eastern religion

No thanks.

cringe and bluepilled
accept God as our Lord and savior

Accepting some opiate of a religion that glorifies meekness will only lead to being more easily misled by bolshevik dogs and pilpul-tongues and their appeals to higher moral ground.

Happiness is overrated.

living a life without a soul-sucking dayjob in a miserable greedy society will make you happy chief
faith is a bandaid for the real problems you're inflicted with

Attached: 6C22137D-C422-4867-94A6-F306AA48BFD6.png (470x960, 1.31M)

2nd to bottom is me

Attached: 79EB40A7-00C7-4F36-93C6-368EBA6C255C.jpg (885x1024, 91K)

Attached: index1.jpg (125x122, 3K)

fuck off with your middle eastern cult

Glad it worked out for you, it had the opposite effect for me. To each their own.

Being a muslim has really helped me in fit tbqh. Fasting, no alcohol or smoking, and not eating pork made it much easier to get fit. FYI im not religious, as in praying or really believing, but i still dont drink or smoke and fast on Ramadan

>Reddit: The Post

*Tips*

I'll be honest, having faith made me LESS happy.
I felt like I was FORCED to live under God's terms and that if I didn't do what God wanted me to do then I was going to burn in hell for eternity.
It doesn't sit with me well to understand that God will punish you with eternal damnation in hell for being homosexual, but also puts g-spots in mens' anal cavities and allows the brain to have homosexual tendencies.
It doesn't sit with me well at all that a God who's supposed to love humanity will put innocent humans in such horrendous situations with no real explanation.

If God has absolute power, why would he even let evil exist? Why would he make humans, allow them to experience loss, depression, and sorrow, and then damn them to hell for eternity if the commit suicide?
If God loves his people, why do so many children die of cancer/horrendous diseases?

Idk. I hate to sound like an edgy reddit atheist, but after being a part of faith and analysing the ramifications, it seems like God is a massive asshole who just wreaks disaster onto us for no real reason, and will send you to burn in hell forever if you react in a way that he doesn't like.

The residual energy given off by the big bang that comes from the Earth has been interpreted countless ways throughout the history of man. Some took it as a simple practice like early paganism while others took a simple idea and turned it into a world power.

I personally believe that I can better myself every day without some kind of hero worship. I can work harder and believe that my life on the planet is not just my own, but my only chance to create a sense of progress and contribution. No reincarnation. No karmic retribution or rule of 3 or anything. I know not to steal or murder or fuck my neighbors wife on my own moral compass.

Not being an idiot will cut out smoking and drinking, pork is great for gains, and any can fast it's literally easier than eating because you don't have to do anything.

Of course, not being an idiot would also preclude you from being a literal time bomb, so whatever. Just go blow up somewhere away from normal people.

You don't sound like an edgy reddit atheist, but you do sound like someone who swallowed propaganda pretty hard. Either athiest or christian. whatever.

1. Forced
That's your own guilt giving you blowback. Do whatever you want.
2. >if i don't do x burn in hell
The most common complaint. God is touted as pure goodness, and to sin is to reject goodness itself. Think as to what sin is. Murdering someone. Theft. These go against what most conceive of as "good". For it to be a mortal sin, you must acknowledge its evil, and still choose it anyway.
2b. Thus, hell isn't so much fire and brimstone, as much as being witness to God upon death, and realizing that you separated yourself from "good", leading to your own hell.
3. >bad things happen
Earth exists, for free will to exist people have to be able to choose to be mean to each other, which means that the bad things are a result of their choices. Even if it's so indirect it seems random, like environmental toxins building up and causing cancer in kids. Don't blame God for the post-Chernobyl cancers, blame those who fucked up the reactor's safety maintenance.
and etc. etc.

I'm not arguing for the existence of god, nor am I telling you what to believe. Just that you -really- haven't thought about it, or at least not in any depth, if *those* are your reasons.

God helps those who help themselves. Your cult is shit bait tier

Attached: 1550604213145.jpg (1200x900, 337K)

>The most common complaint. God is touted as pure goodness, and to sin is to reject goodness itself. Think as to what sin is. Murdering someone. Theft. These go against what most conceive of as "good". For it to be a mortal sin, you must acknowledge its evil, and still choose it anyway.
>2b. Thus, hell isn't so much fire and brimstone, as much as being witness to God upon death, and realizing that you separated yourself from "good", leading to your own hell.
You basically confirm that you don't need god to be a good person and that you don't need religion for salvation in the afterlife. Basically, as long as you do good and make the world better, you're fine, whether you believed in a higher power or not.

God allows people to be born fucking retarded, with cancer, with missing limbs, with horrible diseases, and you think "ugh, why would god let people be homo?".

The answer to all your questions can be answered with "free will". How many of those horrible situations were caused by people doing things to other people? If you just look at the death toll of people killed by other humans, you'd think humanity fucking despises itself.

You're problem is with the assumption that god thinks similarly to a human does about life. With that said, I also find the idea of a God creating eternal damnation for temporary wrongdoings silly, and I think that's a very human take on punishment, not a godly one.

The problem with following your own moral compass is that much like a house built on no foundation, as soon as the earth moves, the house crumbles. That is to say, your subjective morality right now is dependant on living a fairly comfortable life with relatively little hardships.

Attached: 1492344035034.jpg (470x960, 147K)

Buddhism is the only good religion prove me wrong

Reincarnation

I am not going to bash religion like some reddit athiest because I can see the advantages it has for some people and how it can be a gateway to self-improvement, but I don't need it.
I've found happiness without it and I would rather spend my time on improving myself more than on something I have no use for in my life or have no interest in.

You don't need a myth to tell you how to act. Belief in the myth is not related to virtue.

The only moral compass anyone should need is game theory. Lessons from prisoner's dilemma and the like. Summed up by the Golden rule, which happens to be found in the bible: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

More generally: follow a policy that, if followed by others, won't lead to a steaming shithole. That's all. You can skip religion. You can skip the rest of Christianity, that's the only thing that matters.

And people will never be able to follow it because it goes against evolutionary mandates, so we need government to actually enforce it.

I am happy without your worthless false faith, christnigger. Take your kike worship somewhere else.

Attached: 1517939746_cef69b939f56f107b72b6ff57b2dfad0--republican-jesus-republican-party.jpg (400x398, 33K)

>so we need government to actually enforce it.

Genuinely, Fuck you.