Will lifting weights help diminish my crippling anxiety/depression? My therapist wants me to go on long runs instead

Will lifting weights help diminish my crippling anxiety/depression? My therapist wants me to go on long runs instead

Attached: pa87-1-19-59-210-10.jpg (944x695, 156K)

For me it hasn't done one fucking thing to help my anxiety.
I left every day and it's become rather obsessive.
I feel like it's just become an escape for me to avoid my real problems.

>therapist literally says just go run user
Why do people even bother with those hacks
It might or might not user, if you think doing nothing is going to take you somewhere, go for it.

Attached: 9c394c28b74e24901277d28e9639acedf8e6e35abff1e6cccd76ed475a7685d3.png (370x316, 21K)

Thought the kid on the left side was in free-fall but then I saw the swing.

Kek kids were metal back then

user what’s helped me is lifting while working out my problems. If it gets you angry or depressed, good work of that. Be angry with yourself for what you’ve done or what has happened to you and realize you are more than that. Lifting has helped in every aspect of my life because it has helped me realize that no matter what I am I can be more than that. Seeing me progress in gains has made me realize I can do the same with my mind. It takes hard work but if you have a goal of what you want to be, lifting is just a physical manifestation of what your mind can do

Therapist just get the ball rolling, some of us just need direction, go for it and if it doesn’t work for you keep going. You just won’t lnow until you try.

Why are so many white males anxious and depressed these days?

It wouldn't hurt to try.

The periods of my life in which I was the most self indulgent were also the periods in which I struggled the most with my depression.

I would have a job that didn't challenge me/I didn't care about. I would eat my favorite foods and drink soda everyday because it just tasted good and I would just lounge around everyday playing computer games.

Over the couple years I've got a challenging but well paying job that I enjoy doing, I've broke my sugar/carb addiction and only treat myself to my favorite foods occasionally and they taste better now because my taste buds aren't shot. I also push myself at the gym 5-6 days a week and have lost about 70 lbs.

I still have those piercing inner thoughts that attack me but they just seem so tiny and insignificant now.

Feminist and the left make them believe they are a problem and the only way they can be better is by being Vick’s, sadly many fall for it

Hope that kid is okay

>Vick’s

What's this?

Sorry, on mobile i meant cucks

Modern culture denies white man it's greatest pleasure and sense of life - unlimited conquest.

Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days

Attached: 1524251079092.jpg (598x521, 34K)

Id say start with running since that’s what your therapist wants and slowly start incorporating weights into your gym visits. Keep it as simple as you want for now. Getting to the gym in the first place is awesome progress.
You’re gonna make it brah.

which one

when i run its just me alone with myself and i just think about all the reasons why i suck and all of the mistakes i've made and then at the end i feel sad and tired

i only do it because i think its good for me physically

Goddamn this is just demoralizing

See

Damn man, I relate to this so much. I thought lifting would help my depression or anxiety, it did nothing. Helped my self esteem a little, but still can't talk to girls and get super nervous.

At this point I do it because I have a high standard I want to maintain of how I look and it makes me feel somewhat productive even though it isn't really at all. Just gives me an extra 2 hours to ignore real life issues.

Attached: hug.png (746x512, 105K)

>lifting is just a physical manifestation of what your mind can do

Words to live by.

The therapist must be Jew, to kill your gains with kardio

LMAO

So I started doing GreySkull LP and feel better already. At least I'm sleeping better and not popping clonazepam every day. Doing 10 k walks instead of jogging for now

Anxiety and depression are both a matter of the heart.

I overcame anxiety by trusting God and not caring about so much all the time. I stopped trying to be God.

I overcame depression by doing things that I'd respect myself for and make progress on a day to day basis regarding my direction in life.

There's no magic pill. But it's almost always a matter of the heart. For out of the heart come the issues/matters of life.

>nothing left to discover
>nothing left to conquer
>nothing to fight for

Why live if I can't embark on Portuguese carrack and terrorize whole Indian ocean and then come back rich with all spoils and spices?

Attached: frog9.jpg (400x388, 27K)

You faggots would not do shit. If you would be formidable then. You would be now. So get going faggots.

Depression in men is very easily cured by lifting weights and athletics.

Men are literally genetically built to be killing machines. When we get domesticated, we obviously lose our sanity with the safety. It is why things like Fight Club appeal to teenagers and even adults.

This doesn't mean nig out, but pursuing MMA and lifting is a great way to remain mentally civilized but physically savage. It also should teach you some wisdom about masculine ethics.

They’re not wrong my therapist is bro who tells me I need to go camping by myself way in the sticks, to help clear my mind of the all the shit it thinks about. I still haven’t gone but I want to, he thinks it would be good.

Depressed and anxious guy here. Lifting helps quite a lot but it's not a cure.

It helps, certainly not the full cure though.

Fitness is super important though as your brain literally rots without exercise. Studies have shown people perform better on tests by doing exercise before. You were designed to perform exercise and without doing it you leave those parts of the brain dusted in the attic and don't allow yourself to harness your true potential.

Isn't that playground a bit too high and dangerous?

Attached: 1548852559449.png (2048x1307, 2.11M)

long runs are better
sustained cardio
also sports like soccer
weights you need rest days to recover

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I'm not even memeing here. Depression and anxiety are not diseases of the brain in the majority of cases, they are a result of living a disconnected, rootless and un-challenging life. BJJ will give you the dopamine kick from exertion, as well as the male bonding, competition and adrenaline that your 50 000 year old primate brain craves.

Read it as short for victims, which also works. Cucks contort themselves horribly to try and accumulate victim oppression points.