Are huge swords really that hard to pick up ?

Are huge swords really that hard to pick up ?
youtu.be/6k5SauImw9I

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-27-07-02-17-1.png (720x402, 596K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8Nwh8yWh5WU
youtube.com/watch?v=ja7Np9MoDzQ
youtu.be/pfOAgKA7h7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jesus christ the "lifter" was getting mogged hard it was cringe seeing him struggle

Way to go Jow Forums

I doubt it's that heavy, but since you need to hold it from one end it's probably super hard to swing
Next time you're in the gym try lifting a barbell from one of the sleeves

90% of things that are hard to lift are just awkward to hold.

Reminder to not skip forearm day, think that's what you use when you're trying to lift a large object by the short end

if the balance is shit then yeah

5'10 sword and 6'8 man???

youtu.be/8Nwh8yWh5WU

Watch and decide for yourself.

>He made gut's teenage sword, not his dragonslayer
Never gonna make it

The shape of something makes it way more harder to lift you coping retard

>Tfw green goblin brain mogged the weightlifter

what the fuck is center of gravity nigga hahahahaha just pick up ur weights by one end hahahaha

>wah wahh hurrrr why he cant lift something heavy by the end hurrrr
>waahhh i could totally lift my weights and swing them around like a sword duurrr
retards

both guys lift...

Based

There's a bunch of faggots in their basement stuffing their face with Cheetos that think they're so strong because of their imagination

Learn how centre of mass and leverages work. The heaviest zweihander ever used in real life was like 6-7lbs and the guy who wielded it, Grutte Pier, was 7 feet tall and was supposedly strong enough to bend coins with his fingers.

Attached: 3V9c8WF.jpg (672x910, 64K)

>the lifter
>robert oberst

What it like being a retard?

Attached: 1552552598267.jpg (960x953, 54K)

They could make that sword atleast 110lbs lighter and it would be much more effective

It was also properly balanced, not like those anime-tier slabs of solid metal.
There's nothing like a feeling of a properly balanced sword in your hand.

They could also wrap barbed wire around it, build in a gun and electrify it but that wouldnt be his sword now would it

>durr I could swing a 170cm 60kg slab of metal no problem, I can deadlift twice that easy hurr
The absolute state of Jow Forums

That and nearly 50% of the thing is a sharp af blade so he's trying not to accidentally decapitate himself.

Proof being a strongman is just an excuse for being a fat sack of garbage

>"lifter"
youtube.com/watch?v=ja7Np9MoDzQ
Now let's see your bitchass lifting 750lbs, you fucking dyel.

He also did it four times in a row with audience pressure. Jow Forums is completely delusional about this.

I'm sure you would do better than someone who placed 9th at the 2018 WSM.

>he isn’t juicing on Mako
Lmaoing at u natties

>muh functional strength
>literally become useless the moment you get anything other than a barbell with weights on each side

The skinnier guys were doing as much as him if not more, it was embarrassing seeing this fat fuck struggle like a little girl that couldn't even swing it at ground level

Try lifting a chair by one leg user. You need to be really over strong to be able to lift top heavy objects

>The skinnier guys were doing as much as him if not more
No they weren't you dummy, they merely raised/held the other end while the handle side was already stabilized by the big guy.

Attached: Conan+1.jpg (290x174, 10K)

>>literally become useless the moment you get anything other than a barbell with weights on each side
I'd love to see your twink ass try to lift that slab of metal and make up excuses as to why you're so weak.

>The skinnier guys were doing as much as him if not more
Skinny guy was struggling even holding this thing straight, you blind motherfucker.

>it was embarrassing seeing this fat fuck struggle like a little girl that couldn't even swing it at ground level
Post body and stats faggot.

youtu.be/pfOAgKA7h7g

Looks like they could use a Mako shower and some injection of Sephiroth's cells before they try that bull shit. Lookin' more like Cloud when he was a Shinra pleeb

You're retarded. Lifting that sword is like lifting a barbell with weights on both ends like a sword.

I've got this huge ass sword i picked up at a renaissance fair for shits and giggles a year or so back, the thing was forged to be battle ready (Just not sharpened) so it's very sturdy and solid, weighs about 50-60 pounds but feels like 90+ if i try to hold it by the end of the hilt. Swinging it is a hell of a thing too, feels like i'm swinging a whole tree and physics tend to get the better of my attempts to keep it in control. If i swing it in a certain direction, my body is going with it. It's crazy to think there were people in a different day and age that actually used weapons like this. I'm past 1/2/3/4 and it still isn't easy, so much training, stability, and muscle memory had to go into just keeping yourself in control.

Attached: Not Compensating i swear.jpg (2016x1512, 724K)

Shit i forgot to flip the picture

Attached: 1501989356627.jpg (480x232, 83K)

swords arent 120lbs back when people used them

>50-60lbs

That's an order of magnitude overweight by historical standards. Real 2-handers topped out at 10lbs.

Addendum: And those were only used ceremonially. Battle swords rarely exceeded 6lbs.

I wonder how braindead you have to be to watch this kinda shit regularly.

P O S T
B O D Y

based

came into thread to post this. godsspeed for spreading truth, user.

Attached: THAT'S NOT A SWORD, THIS IS A SWORD.jpg (528x704, 95K)

Imagine trying to pick up a squat bar on one side. It's not as easy as it sounds.

>50-60lbs
Why are you lying user

i love /hisfit/

Attached: 16th century perfection.jpg (236x600, 48K)

put 1pl8 on the barbel, grab the other side and try to lift it up. simple physic.

God the 16th century was so fucking aesthetic. All the armor and weapons from that period look amazing. The 15th century was pretty great too but things were very pointy and sometimes it gets silly looking. Sallets are the best though.

I like the silliness and just ability>looks aesthetic of earlier medieval armour though, sure the later looks better, but when you knew something looked the way it did to give maximum ability it was cooler somehow..

Attached: 1499453405356.jpg (955x1204, 1.19M)

Yeah, I get what your saying. And that Gothic style stuff also looks amazing. At some point though, purely as a visually thing, I developed a love for stuff like s-shaped quillons, complex hilts, big fuck-you sleeves, Maximilian armor, etc. And then at some point the style starts getting really goofy in the 17th century.

>shoots your shiny knights since 1503

Attached: knightsbtfo.jpg (326x551, 44K)

>"oh, is there a light rain outside?"

Attached: 1503244067755.jpg (719x881, 101K)

That would still knock you over and crack your ribs
then I would shoot you in the face while you struggled to get up in your 200 pound plate

Not for Guts

>"t-truce?"

Attached: Breastplate of cuirassier 19 years old Antoine Fraveau, struck and killed by a canonball during batt (824x960, 56K)

What was even the point of cannons outside of knocking down castles?
Is it really worth sending a huge ass piece of cast iron and a ton of powder to kill 3 men tops?
I mean 5 muskets is the weight of a cannon

>armor has literal fucking cock decoration
>aesthetic
sorry man but youre taste is shit

it's useful when most men are kept together
also it's useful for using at a range longer than muskets can reach (and especially for demoralization - watch your friend get ripped in half by a huge slug of iron and you won't feel too great about fighting anymore)
there was also shrapnel cannons, of course, that FUCKED infantry up bigtime.

Attached: Napoleon Bonaparte 18 december 1793 - Siege of Toulon.jpg (745x960, 101K)

Since the handle is at the bottom and the weight is at the top, it's essentially acting as a giant lever against him. The fulcrum, in this case, where the handle is, indicates the load and effort. If the sword was the same weight with two blades and a middle handle, he'd probably have no problem with it.

Obviously they wouldn't have had tgem if they didn't serve a purpose. They are for use against ships, buildings, defended/shield position, infantry and sheer terror.

The psychological aspect alone is demoralising to the enemy.

Actual zweihanders were like 3kgs Max, fantasy swords are a whole other thing tho

>50-60 pounds
>Battle ready
Pick one

We really peaked in aesthetics in the 16th century uh

t.cocklet

It's so you can get an erection in battle without discomfort

Addendum to the addendum: later, during the pike and shot era, they found the big swords useful for disrupting pike formations.

Attached: the Chad dopplesoldner.jpg (732x1200, 246K)

>Post on white knight forum
>Thinks anins won't recognize sword bullshit

Attached: z6th6gqhv0a21.jpg (1080x1156, 109K)

On the battlefield they fired large balls over a very long range, at short ranges they were loaded with chains or smaller balls turning them into giant shotguns. Napolean's main strategy was "Bring a shitload of canons" for a reason.