/fat/ - "Trying to outrun that bad diet" edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For blubbering blubbery blobs who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

PREVIOUS:

Attached: smart calories.gif (633x773, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4539812/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stop stuffing yourself on communion wafers and confess.

Attached: my love is boundless.png (1229x1160, 58K)

DAS IT MANE

had cheetos today cant be doing that

I've been eating clean, running hard, but I took today off but still ate at a deficit.

Attached: 96476b8c4c6d8ed37f99edb01898f014.jpg (1024x946, 53K)

Always fuck up on weekends and do huge binges. Gotta stay strong this weekend to make my goal for end of the month.

My pace has certainly slowed down but I don't feel like going any stricter than I am already. I won't hit my goal by summer anyways so might as well take my sweet fuckin time.

How do I make plain oatmeal taste better?

I put a dash of cinnamon (like 6 calories) in there, but it still tasted like literally nothing

Salt

Up the cardio/workout frequency if you don’t want to adjust calories. You’ve still got 3 months until summer.

And 25 kilos which isn't happening until mid August even if I went full Hitler.

It's my birthday tomorrow, and I already know I'm going to eat/drink at at least maintenance level. I won't do something stupid like try to make up for it, I'm just going to continue doing well on this long journey.

I’m not fat but I just come here to farm fat wojack pictures

Cinnamon without sugar hardly tastes like anything. I can't think of anything you can add to oatmeal that doesn't contain sugar to make it taste better.

That's a healthy mindset. Happy Birthday, user.

holy fuck how do i curve my appetite? i cant stop eating

>how do i curve my appetite
replace hotdogs with bananas

>bananas

What shit advice. Bananas are not good for you. Too many carbs.

The more you stop eating, the easier it gets. First week sucks, then your stomach shrinks. So, fucking get some discipline, then relish eating small meals.

Or try smoking. That works too.

>too autistic to see a meme for what it is
>reddit spacing
checks out

I came to Jow Forums from SA forums back in 2006. This is how I always typed. Fuck off kid, your shit ain't cash.

>all those years and still a goon newfag

Friendly reminder that, aside from maybe deep fried Oreos and ice cream sundaes, no food is "not good" for you provided you're not a retard and know how to eat in moderation

Let the man enjoy his banana

what about the hotdogs?

Natural pb

t-the joke was he wrote curve instead of curb

I like your style user

Attached: a.gif (498x498, 207K)

based loser

Literally gb2gaia

I still resent the world for how it treats me.

Attached: Gluttony-from-The-Seven-Deadly-Sins-by-James-Todd[1].jpg (800x649, 238K)

Nicely done.

Attached: 1552776486481.gif (2952x3047, 1.76M)

t. ebaumskid

/swimbro/ here. Ended the day with less than 1500 calories. Tomorrow (the 28th) is my 28th birthday. I owe it to myself to make it this year.

Gotta stay strong.

takes one to know one :3

I went to the gym for the first time yesterday. Did some starter squats to figure out my starting weight and ran on a treadmill. Went home and got sad for no reason and ate an entire pizza.

How...how old are you?

Attached: 1552519479521.png (629x700, 320K)

Treat it like rice. So fucking salt dumbass. Whoever convinced people that oats should be eaten sweet with milk and shit should be shot

Apple

And do you have mother issues stemming from a traumatic childhood?

Sticking to 1800 kcal a day. I'm at 140 kg, fucking hell. Wish me luck, /fat/, I hope to drop this shit.

Just depression and anxiety.

you will user, stay strong and keep on fighting

>be me a 4 days ago
>weigh 79,5 kg
>attend a friends birthday party
>end up with a mild binge (drinking, eating some cake etc)
>i'd say +1000kcal on my TDEE or something
>weigh myself the next day, 80,9kg
>it's whatever, decided to eat at maintenance for a few days because reasons
>weigh myself today, 78,4kg

can someone explain this shit? are weight fluctuations really this drastic?

Attached: 1551928438966.png (460x800, 657K)

Good luck, user. I started around there, you can lose it.

Nothing to confess father. Eating clean, down 50 since December, and resting before my last set of squats as we speak. Bless me father

Yes, absolutely. Hence you should never get too stress over this.

Yes lol.
t. shifts betwern 78-83 a lot

going to a bar to meet friends, I have promised myself to only drink coke light (never drink it normally), please bless my journey, father.

How do you stop being hungry all day long and craving flavor?
I can't stop wanting to eat tastier foods and almost makes me wish I had zero taste buds.

Attached: 1552528548662.jpg (2560x1600, 461K)

Coconut oil

>be me
>believe CICO
>decide to cut out dairy
>lose weight faster than CICO would imply

explain that nerds

Get discipline. Or buy a pack of cigarettes

Because you are actually on keto.

I lost 30 lbs in 13 days with a combination of water fasting, harsh exercise and then regular days of good diet and exercise as well as tons of water consumption throughout the day. Then I gained 10 lbs in the next 13 days. I had stopped drinking water more than once in the morning and was drinking coffee out the motherfucking whazoo and my exercise completely stopped. I decided to try cutting out coffee/caffeine in general and drink water all throughout the day as a test to see if that would get me back in the groove. I've lost 9 lbs in 3 days. I think I was severely dehydrated I was drinking nothing but coffee and staying up 40 hours at a time. Now I'm back on track and sleeping good. Lots of water and exercise works well for me... if I don't drink lots of water and I don't exercise I seem to gain even if my diet is good. Guess it's because I don't move much at all during the course I'm awake aside from when I exercise specifically.

Lord that's a lot user.
What was your starting weight?

Whenever im hungry i drink water

385ish

i started at 370

not me

Thats why I said 'ish'. I already knew around what weight you were at to lose that much that fast.

what is a good meal before gym?
i've used to eat something that has a lot of calories so i can have strenght but it's obvious that i need to eat low calories meals
what can give me good amount of power so i want collapse mid deadlift?

Attached: 1551133691068.jpg (600x600, 28K)

I eat 3 hours before I go to the gym to get the most out of my BCAA. Fuel your deadlifts with rage.

one on the house

Attached: fatbloomer.png (205x246, 11K)

the resentment doesnt go away when youre normal sized

How's this guys

90 kg 5'11''

1400 kcal, some days less than that.

3 day split then rest, repeat. Cardio about 2 or 3 times a week for 20 mins

Need to be attractive for summer

sounds good, but nearing summer increase ur intake of kcal to not lose too much muscles

Yeah but I don't think I have that much muscles anyway, pretty newbie

>you can't lose fat and gain muscle when cutting!
>you can lose fat and gain muscle!
which is it den

Reminder: low carb WITHOUT calorie counting is more effective than calorie counting.

healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets

>old pants fit again after losing 16 kg
Is there a greater feeling?

it's possible if you're a total untrained noob. you can make solid gains while cutting

Thats me
How 2 do that

Irrelevant.

Happy birthday son. I love you.

Warmest regards your dad,
~user

Attached: Mom.jpg (316x316, 23K)

ah see but I'm not an untrained noob, guess ill lose muscle then

It's pretty relevant. Counting calories is not only tedious but doomed to failure.

The conventional weight-loss advice to eat fewer calories carries an estimated failure rate of 99.4 percent. For morbid obesity, the failure rate is 99.9 percent.

>Fildes A, et al. Probability of an obese person attaining normal body weight: cohort study using electronic health records. Am J Public Health. 2015; 105(9): e54–e59.

just eat enough protein and lift some heavy ass weights while on a deficit i guess

another week..

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1034x1052, 131K)

I do 30 pushups a day and situps a day (not counting cardio)

114.8 kilos this morning, biked 55 km but now I really really really fucking want to eat a lot of shit

Is it ok to put coconut oil in my morning coffee?

Yeah. Put some butter in there too.

What are your plans for when you get thin?
Is becoming thin your major goal, or do you have bigger things in mind?

Me
>get thin
>train for washboard-like body, a little bulkier than ottermode
>get the confidence to wear more colorful clothes (really want to be able to pull off shirts like pic related), currently only wear monochrome colors
>try my hand at hairmaxxing to fix up the minor hairloss I've experienced while losing weight
>learn a new language and instrument to prove to myself I can (tried both previously, horrible self-esteem from being a fatass eventually made me give up)

There's so much that I'm self-conscious about doing as a fatty. I can't wait to be free of reservations like that.

Attached: 03510901.jpg (2500x2500, 778K)

not really

Attached: I-should-get-buck.jpg (263x500, 36K)

No. That breaks your fast

scooby's meal planner is pretty based
>8.2 kg of egg whites
>6.2 kg of greek yogurt
>11 kg of cauliflower
per week

Attached: Capture.png (827x1269, 141K)

just buy some new clothes i guess and go out drinking with my friends and hook up with some girls

i was skinny before and used to pull all the time so i know i got the looks

I actually have access to academic journals and can read your citations.

The study you just cited has nothing to do with the point you are attempting to make.

You are a pseud.

Slavery's been abolished for decades, user
It's illegal to own someone like that

fuck science there's no fucking way I'll do a low carb diet I'd rather just end it

It's even a free article so he has no excuse at all.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4539812/

The article literally just analyses the health records of Brits to see how many people obtain a normal weight. It has nothing to do with evaluating the effectiveness of calorie calculating.

The poster is either absolutely fucking retarded or deliberately disingenuous and lying. I think he is probably both. I may be wrong, but I expect he is a bitter man who has failed at losing weight and now addresses that by abrasively spreading disinfo. Whether or not he genuinely believes in the disinfo is irrelevant.

Either way, this is not the first time I have encountered autism of this stripe.

Is alternate day fasting the most kino way to lose weight?

To clarify: the study didn't examine weight loss methods at ALL. It just took a random sample of 200,000 people and worked out the probability that any one of those random people would lose weight and keep it off.

>We drew a sample of individuals aged 20 years and older from the United Kingdom’s Clinical Practice Research Datalink from 2004 to 2014. We analyzed data for 76704 obese men and 99791 obese women. We excluded participants who received bariatric surgery. We estimated the probability of attaining normal weight or 5% reduction in body weight.

>Results. During a maximum of 9 years’ follow-up, 1283 men and 2245 women attained normal body weight. In simple obesity (body mass index=30.0–34.9 kg/m2), the annual probability of attaining normal weight was 1 in 210 for men and 1 in 124 for women, increasing to 1 in 1290 for men and 1 in 677 for women with morbid obesity (body mass index=40.0–44.9 kg/m2). The annual probability of achieving a 5% weight reduction was 1 in 8 for men and 1 in 7 for women with morbid obesity.

The study has LITERALLY nothing to do with what is the most effective way to lose weight. LITERALLY nothing at all. It doesn't even study weight loss. It's just fucking statistics.

Low carb is a meme user, don't worry about it.
Just make sure you're getting your protons, lots of eggs and meat. Don't worry too much about the carbs but make sure they're within your calorie limits and you limit processed sugar as much as you can.
You're gonna make it.

My omad meals are starting to look smaller with every passing day. I need moooore food

I've lost 40kgs so far with a high-carb diet, just eat less and exercise more.

>114.8 kilos this morning, biked 55 km but now I really really really fucking want to eat a lot of shit

Eat a bowl of oats with a banana instead.

I did it, I suscribed to swimming classes finally. Had to wait 2 hours but I got a spot and I will learn how to swim and hopefully get to swim freely next month.

Nice shirt. Do you work on an island surrounded by dinosaurs?

everyone can use sci-hub anyway

>get thin
>begin cycling as my main mean of transportation
>do one (1) pullup
That's it for now.

Great idea. Let's prevent that nasty fat loss.

Nice try, Herschel.

Attached: 1510905161194.png (439x290, 44K)