Why is this so popular?

Why is this so popular?
It's definitely not for the flavor, so for what??

Attached: .jpg (1500x1491, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=whey
healthline.com/nutrition/10-health-benefits-of-whey-protein#section1
healthline.com/nutrition/whey-protein-101
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The result of millions and millions of dollars in marketing done right. If you don’t get your gold standard 100% whey then you won’t have any gains bro. Don’t you wanna look like zyzz and Jeff seus? Then you gotta drink ON 100% whey protein gold standard everyday

1. Comes out great in every independent test for protein content and no contaminants
2. Reasonable price usually
3. Widely available on Amazon and in-stores
4. Dissolves well
5. Fairly palatable

Not saying it's the best, necessarily, just that it's popular for those reasons

Do you mean whey protein in general?

easy way to get 230g of protons in a day

$/g and g of protein / g of scoop ratios are both good.

>*blocks your path with the best anino acid profile*
hehe, nothing personal kid

>easy to get
>good price
>good flavour

No

>good flavor
Have you tried any other brand ever britbong?

You sound like you got a meme flavor like cookies and cream or something fruity. Double rich chocolate, almond milk, ez

Have double chocolate now, tastes like crap. What's the best flavor? Something I could maybe mix with my morning coffee if needed?

>powder milk with less protein (sometimes even SOI added)
>20x the milk price
>artificial flavour

Attached: 1553541670592.gif (500x452, 987K)

>drinking whey
Waste of money for an obsolete meme. Whey being a lousy source of protein is one thing, but natties overestimating the importance of protein and the amount they can actually use is another matter.

compare this to muscle milk. its def the taste

because my bro told me it was the best when i first started lifting and I just stuck with it

I've been drinking SixStar because it's on sale at CVS a lot and haven't had any complaints tbqh

If it's the most popular one I assume it has the least amount of heavy metals in it.

What do you guys take then if not this? Someone recommended pic related but is there that much of a difference in whey?

Attached: 386482D1-C322-4C3D-9A97-7F3AA9FBD14A.jpg (401x550, 47K)

It's the best tasting one I've had

A- flavor
A- taste
A+ consistency
A+ mixing
A- protein profile

>so for what
4u

i dont take whey, i get all of my protein from whole foods. Its made a huge difference in my life/lifting honestly.

Higest level of diminishing returns

Drinking cals is way easier, and obviously most people see it as a supplement so they also chew food.

I recommend to take at least 1000mg of Tyrosine with a serving though, whey is abnormally high in Tryptophan which is linked to shorter lifespans in many species. Mentally, too high Tryptophan levels is said to be clouding too, similarly to drugs that increase Serotonin levels (Tryptophan being its precursor).

Tyrosine, the precursor of Dopamine among others, competes with Tryptophan for absorption so less of the latter is absorbed, similarly to protein sources with a better Tyrosine:Tryptophan ratio.

I'm talking about this particular brand and flavor. Not whey in general.

Marketing

Don't talk to me.

Before my protein was big, gold standard was one of the best powders. Mainly due to quality of the whey and a bunch of good tasting flavors. Now myproteins quality is superior and far cheaper. ON still wins in the flavor department overall but myprotein has some good enough flavors.

nah im just kiddin m8

A better brand of whey is BioChem probably because they got theirs tested for microplastics and metal contamination and score among the lowest while many other companies had their product with relevantly-high levels of contaminants. Which is ironic since microplastics have an anti-androgenic effects so it would only affect people who purposefully try to increase their T.

You can probably google if Gold Nutrition got theirs tested.

Have myprotein get their powder tested for microplastic contamination ? Thats the only way you would know its quality.

tastes so good...

>suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=whey
>healthline.com/nutrition/10-health-benefits-of-whey-protein#section1
>healthline.com/nutrition/whey-protein-101

Attached: WheeEEaayy.jpg (2000x2000, 661K)

I like strawberry. It's not too overwhelming either.

I was at the supermarket and had this in my cart, but then I googled it and you get 60g per like 3 servings or some shit. basically, the amount to cost ratio was bullshit and you'd use the whole thing really fast. i think it had 12-14 servings. they advertise 60g to hook you. im sure its great, but not when so many others are out there. I picked this up instead. a bit mad because its only 20g's/scoop and i need 1.5 cups of milk to get the texture i want. tastes alright tho.

Attached: 77e45771-6e84-4514-9763-628efa482ad1_1.b19fe2347dad72ed60ecc4383358295e.jpg (450x450, 33K)

the packaging is godlike
every other protein is ugly as fuck

It's been around for fucking ever. I first used this shit like 15 years ago.

Whey is literally one of the best sources of protein their is, do you even have a fucking clue?

Because it's proven to not be padded-out garbage whey, and you can get it literally anywhere that sells protein.

I've never tried any whey protein before. What's the best brand flavor-wise?

Me lik gud pacging ugly pacgin no good uurrrrggghhgbh

Attached: 1527216814112.png (625x682, 125K)

>Tyrosine
Can this replace a whey supplement or is it complementary and what's a good brand you recommend?

>1. Comes out great in every independent test for protein content and no contaminants
Didn't the company get blasted for using raw ingredients form China?

I remember reading about it a few months ago, it was over a bunch of fitness sites, in addition to Jow Forums.

Cope

Gold’s usually top 3 in the things I’ve seen on her for cleanliness

Accurate review

Show me the lab testing of it containing anything especially bad

>Each delicious serving of Gold Standard 100% Whey contains 24 g of premium whey protein to support muscle growth
So, I can eat 2 Greek yogurts for the same amount of protein that are also more healthy, better testing, beneficial to gut health, and with no suspicious heavy metal contaminant fuckery.
Why do people eat this whey shit again?

Attached: iuBI4Y6MKP.jpg (400x400, 23K)

Reminder to not reply to frog posters.

Will do.
If we ignore them ... they might leave.

>good price
>40 pounds 1 kilo
>When i can buy 2.5kg from myprotein at the same price

t. powder meme justification
Take powder milk or eat cheese instead

Attached: 1553191975682.jpg (1200x799, 247K)

> ad froginems

Attached: 1553510144625.gif (511x512, 105K)

>Show me the lab testing of it containing anything especially bad
Where the fuck would I get that? I'm just saying there was talk of most of the whey powders on the market being sourced from Chinese raw ingredients. No idea if it's true or not, but multiple sites mentioned it a few months ago.

Show body

Actually its more suspicious if you can't find lab testing, companies that don't do it and publish it on their website (as it would be a selling point) have something to hide.

>4. Dissolves well

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (196x110, 6K)

Dude just eat meat and drink milk lol

>eat cheese instead
Since protein powder come from cheese, it's better to directly eat cheese no ? How much cheese is 20g proton ?