/fast/ - #404 - SERGEY NAZAROV EDITION

FAQ
/fast/ discord
>discord.gg/dknZqPb
What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent farting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. The mainstream definition of starvation mode is a myth. Read the FAQ linked below for more information.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

Prolonged fast Q&A: fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Previous: #

Attached: 1531055510703.jpg (1164x1048, 279K)

what's the Jow Forums equivalent of a stinky linky?

Who is this guy? Looks like a Russian sumo wrestler

I dont care. I put 1k into btmx at 6 cent. Link is Nice and all for normie gains but you wont 2x this year

pretty close

kek

uhm, ok

My winky is super slinky gonna lose 100lbs EOY

Get this scam out of my fit

>scam
you are not gonna make it lad

Where do you lads get your Epsom salts? What do you like to refeed with?

Attached: 1553515595570.png (1200x859, 596K)

8 lb pulled pork shoulder roast. 8-12 hours in literally any covered pot in the oven, with salt pepper and crushed red pepper, vinegar barbecue sauce with cayenne pepper and more crushed red pepper. Can literally gorge and not have issues plus its soft as hell so no issues after refasting, and usually only drop 1 mmol ketones over that day.

Link will 10x this year and 1000x over the next 3 years easily, fren

Will I make it work alternate day fasting and 16,000 LINK?

Based sergeys shirt

Make what?

A slinky twinky

Two months ago I was 195lbs. I began practicing 16/8 intermittent fasting and got down to 181-183lbs pretty easy, but now I've been on a full fast for going on a week now. This morning I weighed in at 178.2lbs before I had my morning piss. I'm getting fucking lean, and it feels great. My love handles are evaporating.
Cutting has never been so easy. Thanks for being there, lads.

Attached: Sturluson.Celty.full.363947.jpg (827x1169, 902K)

You should weigh yourself after your morning piss dude

I was excited. Got right out of bed, got naked, hopped on the scale, then spent a few minutes mirin myself.

Creator of Chain Link, he's not that big though, it's photoshopped

Last meal was Sunday night. 60 hours in and I haven't lost much. What the helllll.

Attached: Screenshot_20190327-062912~2.png (1440x710, 59K)

Btw 5'7" manlet been fasting on and off since Feb 4th. Started at 185 lbs. Lifting 3 days a week.

Try less salt added to your snekjuice, it just can be water in your body. nothing to worry about

Haven't had any yet. Was gonna start drinking it today if I felt I needed to.

Some water retention of breakup of fat. Give it time. You will weight less eventually.
In fact, I bet if you do a refeed you will end next day losing water weight.

How many linkies you holdin' fastbros?

300K here.

Can I add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and greens powder to my morning coffee?

>I'm fasting. Can I take calories with my coffee?
The answer is no.

What's the longest time you can go ewithout snake juice?

Three days seems to be the magic number.

So I'm fine doing 48 hour water fasts without it?

Yes

only 8k linklet wanna kms myself

Attached: 1511874406462.jpg (250x239, 8K)

kneepads user kneepads

I didnt meet the daily goal amount of protein but my eating window is over, to eat or not to eat?

Cutting btw

Measly 22.5k

Seriously guys, it is easier to eat at a calorie deficit for a period of time and then slowly increase calories until maintenance. Fasting sounds appealing, but the metabolism decrease during calorie restriction isnt overwhelming. You just have to dedicate yourself. I lost 20kg (44lbs) in 6 months eating 2500kcal a day. After this my tdee is still 3100. Ive maintained leanness after the cut and jump back on calorie counting when necessary. Fasting is good to reset your attitude to food and autophagy maybe but just stop eating so much if you want to lose weight. It does work.

>it's easier to eat at a deficit
Except its not if you aren't a stomachlet, I would rather eat until I'm full every other day than restrict my calories all day everyday. I can deal with hunger, I can't deal with not feeling full after I eat.

There are many things you don't fucking understand so stop spreading shit. Like go to the rest of Jow Forums maybe?

Fucking asshole I had allergies for 4 years that magically disappeared after fasting for a single month so fuck you for telling people to do differently cocksucker.

No shit people lose weight by eating less fucktard, but this is a _fasting_ thread so unless you have something to say about specifically that then fuck right off eh?

based allergies user

No one will listen to you because you're right, and Jow Forums loves mom science shit like keto and >16:8 fasts

What is there to fasting that you people want to keep hidden? I mean you're about one step from posting the food pyramid or something ya creeps.

Y'all are aware that people fed themselves well enough for thousands of years all before the FDA decided it needed to exist and tell them what to eat right?

It's as if you're under the impression that millenia went by and people just couldn't quite figure out what the fuck to eat, when in reality the only time in history people have even had shit like 'eating disorders' was factually after the universal franchise came to exist.

So fuck off or bump my thread to the top idgaf, you're obviously trying to keep the lid on something.

>eat 500 calorie deficit a day, lose a pound per week
>eat 2000 calorie deficit a day, lose 4 pounds per week
no, you're just pussies

65 hours into snakejuice fast
Ketostix negative

The fuck, where are all my ketones at

Do you have the 'beetus user? If not, try exercising the first fasting day too, that way you use up your glycogen reserves

I bloody well hope not, never been tested though.
Good plan though, I'll take a run later.

Hey, I need some advice. I'm doing IF 20/4 and night times lately have been extremely hard. My body feels light-headed and jittery, and the back of my head starts to ache on and off. Stopped eating so close to nighttime and the same thing. Wat do?

I always found difficult to eat at deficits. I was hungrier and the weight loss was that noticeable that people almost didn't noted it.

Daily reminder that dieting, counting calories and all shit that fit does is considered a eating disorder

Question to the people doing super extended fasts (3 days and above)

How much do you weigh, and how much do you want to weigh? Are you doing it to increase definition?

Also, there's literally no benefit to dry fasting, don't let that allcaps schizoposter convince you otherwise.

>Also, there's literally no benefit to dry fasting, don't let that allcaps schizoposter convince you otherwise.
Source?

Me

160 right now. I want to be 140. Started at 184. Doing it to not be skinny fat.

about to hit 120 hours in one hour. i'm gonna break it tonight with whisky and jerky yeehaaaawwww

Attached: 1527520827943.jpg (300x250, 81K)

This is actually pretty good point.

based

BAT > LINK

Attached: BAT.png (301x285, 20K)

Does it have to be himalayan salt?
Would normal salt do?

48 hours in dry

Yes, but I've read from this thread that given the choice the non-iodized table salt usually mixes up better. I doubt you'd notice the difference in taste if you're asking between fancy salt your body needs and the regular salt your body needs.

Also fuck you for asking two open ended questions. Why the fuck would you do that?

I'd rather not eat every other day than eat at a deficit. Between eating half a meal every day and eating simply 2 meals every 4 days, I'll take the 3 days of fasting every time.

It feels not only better (knowing you're not eating, thus losing) but also comfort you into the maintenance day where you get to actually eat and enjoy, and since your stomach just seem to shrink while you fast you feel full even faster than when you started restricting your meals.

Though it may not be the best for everybody while they also try exercising, that's for sure.

EPSOM SALTS AT WALMART. COSTS LIKE $7 FOR A LIFETIME SUPPLY.

GREAT FUCKING JOB. START LIFTING IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.

ONLY IF YOUR REFEEDS PROVIDE YOU WITH ENOUGH ELECTROLYTES.

NO. ONE DAY ISN'T SHIT, FIX YOURSELF TOMORROW.

THE SAMEFAG APPEARS AGAIN AND GETS SLAMMED AGAIN ON A DAILY BASIS. YOU REALIZE HOW PATHETIC YOU ARE, YET? YOU'RE LITERALLY PUTTING TIME AND EFFORT INTO THIS THREAD LIKE YOU HAVE ANY SORT OF INFLUENCE WHILE WE USE YOU LIKE A TOOL.

Does intermittent fasting help gyno?
Also, how long should you go 16/8 for before shortening the eating window further?

Attached: Screenshot_20190326-210849_Instagram.jpg (1080x2220, 772K)

>Good plan though, I'll take a run later.
GOOD TO KNOW YOU'RE NOT A PUSSY.

WHAT ARE YOU EATING, SPECIFICALLY? ARE YOU PROPERLY HYDRATED WITH ELECTROLYTES?

DROP THE GODDAMN WHISKEY YOU CONFEDERATE CUNT.
AND EAT FREASH MEAT YOU GODDAMN TEXAS TIT.

IT'S JUST PREFERRED BECAUSE OF ITS MINERAL PROFILE, RELATIVELY LOW COST, AND AVAILABILITY. THE BEST QUALITY SALTS ARE HIGH GRADE SEA SALTS, BUT YOU HAVE TO ORDER THEM ONLINE AND THE COST-BENEFIT ISN'T MUCH GREATER THAN PINK SALT. THE HIGH GRADE SEA SALTS ARE TUNED MORE TOWARDS CULINARY PURPOSES.
ONLY RESORT TO TABLE SALT IF YOU'RE HOMELESS AND YOU HAVE TO STEAL SALT PACKETS AT RESTAURANTS. OTHERWISE, SUCK A DICK FOR $40 AND YOU'LL HAVE ENOUGH TO AFFORD SNAKE JUICE INGREDIENTS FOR YEARS.

NOT AS MUCH AS PROLONGED FASTING WOULD.
DO 18:6, AND IN YOUR FIRST MEAL EAT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN THEN EAT A BIT MORE. IN THE LAST HOUR EAT WHATEVER YOU NEED TO FIT YOUR MACROS.
DO THIS FOR TWO WEEKS THEN SHORTEN THE WINDOW, REPEAT UNTIL YOU HIT OMAD, THEN MAN THE FUCK UP AND DO 72H FASTS ON SNAKE JUICE AND HIT THE GYM.
GYNO CAN BE FIXED UP TO A POINT, DEPENDING ON HOW BAD YOUR FLOPPY ESTROGEN TITS ARE. FASTING WILL HELP NORMALIZE YOUR HORMONES (TESTOSTERONE INCLUDED) AND WORKING OUT WILL ALSO BOOST YOUR NATURAL TEST LEVELS AS WELL AS SHAPE YOUR PANCAKE TITS TO A MORE MASCULINE FORM.
ONCE YOU GET LEAN, DO A 23H DRY FASTING ROUTINE. DON'T WORRY BOUT THE 23H DRY FASTING ROUTINE UNTIL YOU'VE DONE THE ABOVE BEFOREHAND.

Calling me a samefag isn't an argument

>DROP THE GODDAMN WHISKEY YOU CONFEDERATE CUNT.
>AND EAT FREASH MEAT YOU GODDAMN TEXAS TIT.
well, i have scotch and brandy too, guess i'll drink those instead.

Is caps bro actually cole?

I'VE ALREADY ARGUED WITH YOU BEFORE, SAMEFAG. AND NICE COMEBACK, ALL THAT TRAINING AT YOUR MARKETING COMPANY SURE IS PAYING OFF. WHAT ELSE DO YOU SELL OTHER THAN SUPPLEMENTS? MCT OIL? LYLE MCDONALD'S BOOKS? PHENIBUT? PSMF? YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE TEAM BEHIND FASTING MIMICKING SINCE ALL YOU DO IS PROMOTE SCAMS. YOUR LIFE IS AS AUTHENTIC AS THE FOOD PYRAMID. GO SELL MORE SUGAR TO ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS SO YOU CAN DESTROY CHILDREN'S HEALTH TO FILL UP YOUR POCKETS.
ARE YOU GOING TELL ME ABOUT KETOSIS YET?
YOU GOING TO TELL ME THE ROLE INSULIN PLAYS IN WEIGHT GAIN, YET?
COME ON, BUD, I'M GOING TO KEEP ASKING UNTIL YOU PROVIDE ME WITH AN ANSWER.

OH, AND FASTING IS FREE.

YOU BETTER DROP THAT FUCKING BOTTLE AND PICK UP SOME IRON INSTEAD YOU FUCKING BUTTERSCOTCH SCOON.
BRANDY BITCH.

i've still got half a bottle of gin left with some dry vermouth, i could make some martinis instead.

I wish, that'd be pretty hilarious.

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE SO MUCH ALCOHOL IN YOUR HOUSE YOU FUCKING JANKY GIN JULEP
VERONICA VERMOUTH VAGINA
MALINGERING MARTINI MONKEY

i might have a slight drinking problem.

YOU THINK?

Is this okay to do this?

>16-8 intermediete fasting throughout the whole week, finished eating today at 11pm
>eat tommorow 3-6pm
>water fast till 6pm friday

the only real problem I see is that I'll have to go to the gym friday on an empty stomach

Its probably some fag impersonating him

So I finally got and used keto strips. I’m at just under 72 hours and strips show somewhere between 4 and 8 mmol/l. That normal?

SHORTEN THE EATING WINDOW ON THE IMF DAYS, AIMING FOR OMAD OVERTIME.
FASTING UNTIL FRIDAY IS FINE. FASTED WORKOUTS WILL BE TOUGH, BUT YOU WILL BURN A GOOD AMOUNT OF FAT. YOU MIGHT HAVE TO THROW IN SOME LISS IN CASE YOU CAN'T PUSH HARD AT THE GYM.
IF YOU'RE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THE LACK OF ENERGY AT THE GYM, SHIFT THE EATING DAYS SO YOU CAN EAT THE DAY BEFORE OR THE DAY YOU HIT THE GYM. THE 72H FAST WILL STILL PROVIDE GOOD RESULTS.

I FORGOT THE NUMBERS, IS THAT THE 2ND LOWEST RANGE? NORMALLY, PEOPLE WOULD HIT THAT BETWEEN 24-48 HOURS. YOU COULD BE EATING AN EXCESS AMOUNT OF SUGAR OR YOU HAVE A SLOWER METABOLISM. HIT THE GYM.

It’s different from mg/dl, converged it’s between 23 and 46 mg/dl.

I haven’t eaten anything, drank nothing but snake juice

YOU'RE IN BETWEEN THE 2ND AND 3RD BLOCK? THAT'S NORMAL, GOOD JOB.

AND I MEANT DON'T EAT EXCESS SUGAR WHEN YOU ACTUALLY REFEED, BUT I DON'T THINK YOU ARE.

Attached: img_1975-1170x780.jpg (1170x780, 81K)

Last time I did a week long fast (snakejuice) I hit a bench PR the second day, I was trying to see if I can hit my 1RM of 320lbs while fasted. I actually managed to do 3 reps with it, something I had never done before. Worked out 2 more times during that fast doing sets at 80-90% on squat bench and dead. Mentally you will feel weaker, the weights will feel heavier, but if you believe in your capabilities you will be able to do it. I took salt and nosalt by the teaspoon both pre and post workout, and intra if I felt like keeling over, along with water intraworkout. This is of course other than the regular snake juice taken throughout the day. I even did a few dry days within the week but not on workout days.

>ONCE YOU GET LEAN, DO A 23H DRY FASTING ROUTINE. DON'T WORRY BOUT THE 23H DRY FASTING ROUTINE UNTIL YOU'VE DONE THE ABOVE BEFOREHAND.

Not that user, I am pretty lean, don't really have gyno just a bit of flab left around lower belly and even less on chest. What would the routine look like, Basically OMAD with a 1 hour water drinking window? do this everyday?

THIS IS A COPYPASTA FROM THE PREVIOUS THREAD:
YOU NEED TO TRY BULKING ON A 23H DRY FASTING ROUTINE. THIS IS A BIT MORE ADVANCED BUT NOT DIFFICULT. YOU HAVE TO EAT A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF LEAN PROTEIN (START AT 1 POUND OF STEAK OR SOMETHING), AT LEAST 2 POUNDS OF CUCUMBERS, AND CARBS FOR ENERGY AT THE GYM. THE IMPORTANT PART IS THE CUCUMBERS AND SODIUM/POTASSIUM INTAKE. YOU'LL HAVE TO EXPERIMENT WITH HOW MUCH CUCUMBERS YOU NEED TO EAT TO REMAIN HYDRATED AS WELL AS HOW MUCH SODIUM AND POTASSIUM YOU NEED IN THOSE MEALS. ONCE YOU'VE DIALED THAT IN, CONTINUE THE 23H DRY FASTING ROUTINE AND HIT THE FUCKING GYM.
OH, AND THROW IN HALF A POUND OF LIVER FOR NUTRIENTS PER WEEK.

ADDENDUM:
INCREASE THE PROTEIN AMOUNT TO WHATEVER YOU'RE CURRENTLY AT.
YOU CAN TRY DOING THIS FOR A WHILE OR SOMETHING LIKE 4 TIMES PER WEEK.
YOU CAN ALSO TRY THROWING IN 48H DRY FASTS HERE AND THERE, WORKING OUT THE FIRST 24H AND MAYBE WORKOUT THE NEXT.

will try out

the snake juice is getting to me

starting fresh, it barely tasted salty. now that i'm on my 2nd 48 hr fast, shit's like ocean water. i'm sure it's partially getting the potato chips out of my system. i have to scale the recipe back.

I read a bunch of Fung stuff, and now I'm memed into thinking that fasting is better for losing weight instead of calorie restriction/cr. I've been doing PSMF for about a month, thinking into doing ADF with 36 hour fasts and then eating more calories on my off days to help upregulate my metabolism

>super extended fasts (3 days and above)
Fucking kek
>Also, there's literally no benefit to dry fasting
Stop posting you stupid motherfucker

you are sick and need help. You will damage your body with these prolonged fasts. Stick to 20:4 or OMAD if you're that serious and maybe do a weekly 48 hr fast. Fasting for over 5 days at a time is a mental illness.

Wrong, you're a faggot, I've done over 3 weeks before on water and about a week dry, I know the drill, again, you're a faggot, kys

Sirgay on fit. We made it bros.

Attached: 1553452554394.jpg (577x534, 195K)

I just take my snake juice in a cup, so before I drink 2L of water I drink a cup with the salt content and just drink regular water, take salt again before the next 2 liters. Fuck drinking salt water all day my man.

mental strength only seems like illness to the weak,

I do 7 day fasts, first 3 dry last 3 dry. And yes I do it for definition. 200lbs give or take, how much I weigh doesn't matter, I go by mirror and do these fasts as to maintain definition as I bulk indefinitely.

what is your goal?

get body fat to 10-15% without wrecking my calories out

what percentage you at now?

~25

I don't know who you think you are talking to, but I'm not him

doing a slow carb diet but i feel like pure shit

should i go back to fasting? 20:4 IF is sounding real good right now