Jow Forums hypocrisy

>Breakfast is the most important meal of the day
>Skip breakfast if you want to lose weight

Can fasting-fags explain me this please?

Attached: breakfast.jpg (772x434, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/txHtWQF2Lg0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nobody says that other than breakfast cereal companies.

and various doctors, studies and dietitians...

Fun fact: doctors have no fucking clue about nutrition, studies have been faked or payed off for decades and dietitians make money by exploiting insecurities and don't want you to improve or they'd lose a client.

Breakfast IS an important meal. Some people eat it at 6am, others at 6pm. What's the problem?

>Lifting will make women like you
>Women dont like guys who are too big

this

Attached: personality.jpg (2046x1013, 411K)

Whatever helps you cope with it

>Jow Forums is one person
There, I explained the flaw in your reasoning.

Applies to any meal. CICO.

retarded boomer
retarded zoomer

>you just need to change your routine if you plateau
>a good routine will never make you plateau

there's no contradiction here. this is perfectly logical

first is utterly false
second is true

>a good routine will never make you plateau
>ergo if you plateau your routine is not a good one
>and you should change it

Nah, skipping lunch doesn't work. Intermittent fasting.

>avoid fat to lose weight
>avoid carbs to lose weight

>(((doctors))), (((studies))) and (((dietitians)))

this

Losing weight fast does not equate to bring healthy

what is the contradiction here?

>avoid fat to lose weight
Retarded boomer
>avoid carbs to lose weight
Retarded zoomer

>1977 guideline that caused the obesity epidemic
>return to healthy eating which is curing obesity
healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets

What the actual fuck.

Kill yourself you fucking retard.

In that hollyjew movie with Will Smith and concussions in the NFL, the smart doctor says he never eats breakfast.

Most doctors are retarded npcs that repeat whatever they're told.

Attached: doctors.jpg (480x360, 46K)

>trust me bro, I browse Jow Forums

Dr. Fung doesn't say that.

youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk

the absolute degeneracy

t:Mom

Breakfast is pointless unless you need energy for a morning workout. I feel just as hungry at lunch time whether I eat breakfast or not

>dietitians...
idk, i went to one couple years ago like, "hm my training is on point, so is my sleep, my nutrition may be shit" so i told him i wanted to lean bulk for at least 6 months, he told me i was wasting my time, i could gain the same muscle while losing fat in three months, so he gave me a diet that i would need to eat 5000 calories full of veggies and shit, it was basically 3kg of food per day

Implying that anyone who eats in the morning must be consuming big bowls of sugary kids cereal.

it's literally just
>avoid calories to lose weight

Historically breakfast was considered a meal for labourers that needed extra energy. Aristocrats didn't eat it.
If you're a chair jockey you're the energy needs equivalent of an aristocrat. Probably even less.

Just eat your next meal after your morning workout, breakfast is nothing

Attached: 1545285096122.jpg (640x587, 128K)

>>Breakfast is the most important meal of the day
mom-science

>Breakfast
breakfast is whenever you break your fast

Avoid insulin to lose weight.

Which macro has the highest insulin response? Carbs. Which macro has the lowest insulin response? Fat.

After you sleep you are in a fasted state so if you hold off on cramming food into your hole first thing when you wake up you are running on stored energy.

Attached: 1553048015288.jpg (1080x1350, 167K)

women are pretty based

>aristocrats didn't eat it, so neither should i
Never going to make it. Aristocrats were DYELs.

This. The etymology of 'breakfast' literally means 'to break the fast', fast here referring to the avoidance of consumption of food.

That's why I made sure I put in the qualifier "If you're a chair jockey."
If you're trying to make it your energy needs are obviously higher.

except if you avoid all insulin and then eat a 3000 calorie meal you will still gain weight. i think the effects of insulin are overstated by a lot of people here, but if you have a study that shows dramatically increased weight loss, i am more than willing to change my mind :)

Well they're sure as hell more reliable than any retard on this board.

Wow, you gave up early.

>Eat breakfast and lunch
>Skip dinner
>Hearty breakfast breaks my 18h fast
How is this not the norm?

best post in 2019

Only intelligent person in the thread

>i think the effects of insulin are overstated by a lot of people here
It's just one guy. He's constantly shilling for insulin but he never gives any proof about his statements. In his mind you could eat 10000kcal a day and be lean as long as your insulin is in check. He literally said in another thread that CICO is bullshit, poor guy

>according to repeated nationwide surveys
Yes, and? I don't think those doctors are saying that it's healthy, nor that Camels are healthier than other cigarettes.
It's just a survey that measures the consumption of a certain brand of cigarettes, not a fucking medical advice, doctors can do unhealthy stuff too.

What if I break my fast with the post-workout shake at 1pm? And then have proper meal at 6pm?

I'm usually not hungry in the morning, but after my workout I need a big dinner. So skipping breakfast makes more sense for me.

((((jason)))))) (((((fung)))))) please leave

When you eat more your metabolism increases. You only store calories as fat if your insulin is elevated.

Nutrition is frustrating as hell.

You have Jason Fung who claims what you say and then you have other people who say that the body can much easier store fat as bodyfat than it can store carbs. According to these people the process of converting carbs into bodyfat wastes about 30% of the energy contained in these carbs. So the body avoids using carbs for bodyfat.

It's really hard to find out what is true or not.

Then put up your source. Or even better, do a youtube video eating 7000kcal a day during a month while keeping your insulin low. If you don't gain weight then I will believe you

literally no one says that. it's the biggest diet myth that's debunked after a quick google search

I used to always skip breakfast when i was builtfat. I began to eat breakfast and still lost 40 pounds.

Try 16/8 fasting for a month and report back. You'll find out the truth for yourself.

>I'm more knowledgeable than doctors
Why do so many people on this board think they're Superman and can reject the advice of professionals?

Attached: E4034697-AC40-428B-B2AF-CFB7CC3C12D8.jpg (678x960, 131K)

I'm not even trying to lose weight, I'm just interested in nutrition and this whole fat vs carbs debate is really confusing.

Why do you trust doctors so much? Outside of their specialization, they almost don't have any type of knowledge about nutrition, except the bare minimum government issued shit.

Dunning-Krueger effect

Many such cases

That Mannys?

I can't force feed myself 7000 calories of fat. The hormonal response makes me too disgusted with food.

I seem to max out at about 4000 calories per day. I've tried. I lost weight.

Resumed: It doesn't matter too much. Calories still are the most important thing.

Fun fact: There's no mechanism know to humans that makes timing of meals critical for weight management.
It simply happens that people that takes breakfast also tend to eat less.

No, hormonal response is by far the most important.

Calories out isn't static.

Unless your doc' is into sports medicine and persuaded to believe you are athletic: all of his advice for you is tailored towards people that are too fat, stupid and unmotivated to do anything except pop pills.

>Insulin? Never heard of it.

Attached: dtuk.jpg (1134x1134, 286K)

When it comes to matters of diet and exercise you'll hear a multitude of opinions on what's optimal for your health. Hence you end up hearing advice from different sources that contradict one another

But you cant add mass without energy

It's not the timing, it's insulin. You can eat in the morning or at night but the tighter the window the better

>mushrooms and beans for breakfast
Absolutely asqueroso

Just don't consume whole grains and you're sweet. What a waste of time.

youtu.be/txHtWQF2Lg0

Attached: 1425969313608.gif (270x175, 1.78M)

Insulin doesn't work that way. It doesn't change pathways in the afternoon or after lunch.
As I said before, all bullshit about "breakfast is the most important meal" is simply a observation made in group populations. Nothing else.
If Insulin worked as you said, then meal scheduling strategies such as IF and OMAD should make people fat as crazy. But the reverse is true.

Insulin causes fat storage. Insulin also prevents fat burning.

Diabetics gain 20-30lbs of fat when starting insulin. Do you think they all suddenly start eating more coincidentally when they get prescribed insulin or something?

Attached: serveimage (5).jpg (350x373, 26K)

I'll give you an example. I know a guy who suffers from insomnia. Now, you probably know all the stuff you can do to help with your insomnia, right?
It's all fucking tedious and there's no magic bullets.
The doctors gave him anti-psychs to treat his insomnia. Anti-psychs are fucking terrible for your brain. They literally give you brain damage.
But the doctor POV is that he can't get you to do 100 tedious things to treat your insomnia but he can probably get you to take a pill and if you are brain damaged and sleeping okay that is a win over you hanging yourself because you go crazy from being unable to sleep.
Doctors aren't about giving you an optimal life.

Guess what causes insulin release.
Starts with C and ends with alories.

[citation needed]

Fasting lowers insulin.

Why would fasting make someone fat?

Exactly. Which is why you shouldn't be eating calories throughout the day or you keep your insulin constantly up

I was slightly overweight at one point and my doc advised me to eat more cereals and avoid fat. So, yeah.

Carbs have the highest insulin response. Fat has almost none.

Because I don't act like I know more than someone with a degree in their field, whether it be doctors or dietitians. I don't see a dietitian, and I don't visit my doctor outside of normal checkups, but if I have a serious medical problem, I'm not going to act like I can sufficiently rely on my own knowledge when I'm clearly not qualified.

Funny because men evolved to be tribal and to consider anyone else besides their tribe to be animals, so it was okay to murder them and rape their women and kill their children. No wonder the most high status men that attracted women were killers and evolution imprinted that on women.

>Do you think they all suddenly start eating more coincidentally when they get prescribed insulin or something?
In fact yes. The insulin spikes also induce proceses that makes you hungrier.
All these bullshit about insulin always uses metabolic diseased as counter example, even though metabolic healthy people bodies works as perfect caloric bombs every time.

I don't know. But there's people that believes fasting itself is inherently obesogenic.

Doctors prescribe insulin for type 2 diabetes, which makes it worse.

Only brainless automatons have blind faith in authority.

Attached: NPC_2.jpg (746x548, 17K)

Those people must be incredibly stupid.

Yes, but you still can get fat eating fat outside your caloric requeriments.
You should trust your doctors less and start investigating more. No, you don't become an anti vaxxer, but you have to do you homework and discuss treatments with doctors.
And I have discussed nutrition with mainstream doctors. Outside of the few that know sports nutrition, most of them don't have much idea about nutrition outside the basics.

You literally shouldn't eat anything until you achieve sub 10% body fat. Then you can eat one meal a day

Attached: 5fce481391a1b28bf837fc2b24f41e7c.jpg (1000x1429, 135K)

No, they simply are conflating two things.
Fasting itself is anorexic. But people usually tend to overeat after fasts ends. There's where the idea that "fasting makes you fat" got some credence.
If you can beat you impulse to overeat and fast regulary you simply lose weight.

Good luck in maintaining that weight in the coming months lmao eventually you'll break and binge and gain it back

>which makes it worse
Care to explain?
>Only brainless automatons have blind faith in authority.
I think it's pretty brainless to give "blind faith" in yourself and assume that you can do better than a trained professional.
Obviously you should investigate yourself and do your homework, but that doesn't mean you can diagnose and treat yourself on your own.

You can. Usually its unwise, but you can.
Besides that: Nutrition management is the thing that most healthy people can do without the need of a consultation.