The hormonal theory of obesity is correct

The hormonal theory of obesity is correct.

Calories don't make you fat. Insulin makes you fat.

Attached: serveimage (3).jpg (2936x1538, 291K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27385608
bmj.com/content/363/bmj.k4583
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No shit

Riddle me this what causes insulin to spike....

LECTINS CAUSE INSULIN

avoid lectins

fat is your bodies defense

let your body be at peace

Stop eating for 2 weeks and show pics of your body fatter.

High blood sugar

Carbohydrates.

When you eat is also important. Late night snacking combined with early breakfast keeps insulin constantly elevated.

so.. i shold skip breakfast ? not eat late at night aka start IF ?

Yeah, fasting and low carb diets are both excellent for your health. They cure insulin resistance or avoid it in the first place.

Insulin prevents fat burning so if you're trying to cut you want to have your insulin low as much as possible.

i.e. eat from say 11am to 7pm, mostly protein as in meat, veggies, some fruits , whey shakes? rest of the time eat nothin and drink water?

Any kind of calories will spike insuline. Stop being retarded.

Fat has the lowest insulin response. Protein has a middling insulin response. Eat enough protein to build muscle but not excess.

Healthy fats are the best form of calories. Lard, tallow, other animal fats (e.g. duck fat), butter, virgin olive oil, cold pressed unrefined coconut oil, avocado oil.

Avoid seed and nut oils or any refined oil.

Calories alone definitely can and will make you fat, but carbs have an in direct secondary mechanism in our metabolism which makes them dramatically more fattening than meat or fat.
We also have to look at what foods are highest in these individual macros. Nothing super high in protein will be high in total calories unless it has a lot of fat as well. Opposite this it is quite easy to find numerous foods which are extremely calorie dense and contain nothing but carbs because they contain sugar. Its incredibly easy to eat the majority of your calories per day in carbs, it would be an absolute struggle to do the same with lean meat.

With the metabolic response of insulin to promote fat storage, high carb diets constantly spiking blood sugar and therefore insulin response, and the very high caloric density of high carb foods, all of this is the perfect storm for obesity.

Eating. Carbs, protein, and fat will increase insulin to one degree or another. Carbs however spike insulin more than protein, and fats barely spike insulin at all.
Eating a high carb diet, carbs at every meal, carb based snacks in betwee, that will keep your body in a constant struggle to regulate your blood sugar. Day in, day out, your body is fighting an uphill battle and massively over producing insulin vs what it would normally on an ancestral diet.

>Calories don't make you fat
We've broke thermodynamics boys

We have known CICO was wrong since type 1 diabetes was first observed.

No matter how much they eat, they waste away. That's why they need insulin injections.

Insulin is what makes you gain weight, not calories.

Attached: esa05008f2.png (1298x1102, 971K)

It may be true that calories aren't 100% efficient without insulin then, but you can't go in the reverse direction and gain more weight than expected. The second case violates conservation of energy while the first doesn't.

A diabetic can waste away because their body won't process food correctly before shitting it Out, with Out being the O in CICO. Same reason people use laxatives marketed as weight loss supplements. But what can't happen is the manifestation of more energy than was ever taken in.

>CICO is wrong guys!
>Why you ask? Because if this specific disease that messes up your whole endocrinal system and make you not produce this specific substance in your body, that otherwise non sick people produces at a steady and even higher rate!

Next you gonna say that people without legs are significantly lighter.

Of course you can't create energy. But you won't store energy as fat without insulin.

I gorge on fats and am pretty lean. I tried to gain weight without carbs and accidentally lost weight.

The CICO myth is why people get fat. They think calorie dense fats are bad while carbs are good because they are lighter. Calories out is way too variable for this eat less move more oversimplification. What calories you eat is way more important than how many you eat.

>CICO is wrong in one specific case
>therefore it can be wrong

is user's actual argument.

this thread is an embarrassment.
i could murder every single one of you in a debate.
you are all extremely illiterate in terms of science.
sad day for this board once again, just sad lmao
read these comments.

You got us

reminder that this chink is selling you another pill so he can make money
a pill you dont need and wont make you better or make you lose weight any better than simply reducing fucking calories your low carb scum

What you're saying is that you can't store energy efficiently without insulin, right? Following this line of reasoning, CICO should only lead to people getting skinnier than expected, not fatter

It's an illustrative example.

Once we understand that insulin has a tremendous impact on how your body uses energy we can ask "do all calories have the same insulin response?"

All calories are not equal, despite what Coca-Cola wants you to believe.

That's fucking retarded. A calorie is a unit of energy. They are by definition equal.

>Once we understand that insulin has a tremendous impact on how your body
this is a waste, you dont seem to think the shit through you write here.

Insulin prevents fat burning. If your body can't access stored energy it lowers basal metabolism.

Do all calories cause the same hormonal response?

But fasting is one of the big takeaways from hormone theory.

Who gives a fuck, you faggot? Go die in a ditch, autist.

Yeah fasting is amazing. It raises metabolism and preserves muscle mass.

All the calorie restricting broscience fools coming up with ideas to prevent muscle loss while their metabolism shuts down and their body cannibalises itself make me laugh.

Can mods ban this guy already, he shits up /fat/ threads constantly

His book helped me get a handle on my pre-diabetes. Went from 7.2mmo/l to consistently

I just ate pic related
Am i going to die now ?

Attached: IMG_20190327_135152.jpg (3120x4160, 3.31M)

What pill is he selling? He gives away all his knowledge for free. You can buy the book if you want but he shares the info all over the place.

It's a well written book. I pirated it but bought a copy after to support his work.

Looks keto. Would definitely eat that without fear of dying.

True but only if you're relatively old or out if shape. If you're getting Jow Forums you'll be blowing through calories all the time because of elevated growth hormone levels via regular resistance training

Skip breakfast if you need to lose weight. You'll burn fat that way but will not be able to train anywhere near as hard as if you'd eaten and replenished glycogen levels. Basically running or cycling at a steady pace is OK fasted but weights aren't

cringe

it really is one of the least informed threads I've seen here

Can't agree. Fruit and veg have fibre which fats do not. Your stomach bacteria really need fibre otherwise they'll eat the stomach lining

Not really. The idea is that you can reduce calorie intake while still inducing large enough insulin spikes that, if spread out throughout the day, will still keep body fat from being accessible for use (and therefore for burning off).

i.e. you can cut calories below your current metabolic rate while still keeping insulin high enough to keep fat from being accessible, resulting in your metabolic rate dropping (to compensate for the reduced energy intake) instead of your body fat (which, again, cannot be accessed as fuel while insulin is elevated).

Based.

Refute this CICOtards.

So? Only to the tune of a few hundred calories.

i swear keto retards become more and more retarded as the years go by.
it used to be a diet for losing water weight in a short time and now look at this mess.
fucking insane how easy it is to manipulate americans.

Attached: 1553182201019.jpg (326x294, 18K)

BMR can decrease by 20%.

Americans are fatter than ever eating carbs, fat and protein. How exactly are keto fares manipulating them?

This but also added sugar is in fucking everything these days and even if you go to a proper restaurant they cook with butter ro make everything taste great instead of sugar. Yes even to your veg

Fat people have essentially ruined their metabolisms by being fat. This isnt insulins fault or some such, they have created excess adipocytes, which don’t really die and stay at the ready. They have permanently fucked up their BMR and can cry about it all they want and die fat and gross

wrong, CICO is correct

people just don't get that you can't measure calories out accurately or accurately measure what calories can't go out

but you can push yourself to definitely put out more calories than in

Thats the upper limit, like a 500 pound man cutting to 180. And honestly thats what he fucking gets.

>CICO is correct

Why do people on ketogenic diets have a higher BMR and TDEE.

even better... do all calories get metabolized in the same cycles inside your body, needing the same biological processes yadda yadda.

You’re lall autistic and don’t understand simple biology.

Calories in surplus will be a weight gain. A deficit in calories will be a weight loss.

Fat people lose weight 10000% of the time when they are in a calorie deficit. It’s hiw your body ducking works

explain to me how I was able to lose 121lbs of pure fat by eating a very high carb diet (70/15/15)
my calorie deficit was only about 400cal, it took me 11 months.
i was mainly eating fruits, lentils and potatoes.

They dont and no study has reliably proved it

>higher BMR and TDEE
they dont
the ones who lose weight simply eat less carbs since fat makes you less hungry

>calories in surplus will gain weight

that depends how you define surplus. You can gain weight or lose weight eating the same number of calories just by altering the macronutritional profile.

Geez guys, bulking is so easy, just fill your macros with sugar! A calorie is a calorie!

It took you 11 months to lose 35 months worth of fat at a 400 calorie deficit?

You ate so many carbs that they were converted to healthy fats that allowed you to lose weight, only fat can make people lose fat, carbohydrates are converted to fat and fat is converted to carbs that is converted to fat it all makes sense now

you just solved the code to immortality

Only in extreme circumstances eg rabbit starvation

Actually they have.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27385608

CONCLUSION:
The isocaloric KD was not accompanied by increased body fat loss but was associated with relatively small increases in EE that were near the limits of detection with the use of state-of-the-art technology.

Ketogenic diet(KD) increases TDEE by 100 kcal a day which is 10lb a year.

Because you're lying.

If your caloric daily deficit was 400 under tdee for every day straight for 330 days, you could only have lost 132000 kcal which directly translates to 18,8 kg of fat which is nowhere near 121 lbs.

Weight loss is determined by calorie deficit, not TDEE

I lift weights just fine fasted.

Basal metabolism can decline by 40%. This lasts for more than six years after cutting calorie intake.

>Same calories
>Keto = + 100kcal tdee

Do you have a learning disability or something?

Any calorie RAISES insulin while carbohydrates SPIKES it. There is a difference mr down syndrome

Jesus christ 100 calories a day difference. Is that worth mentioning? This study is the smoking gun?

Even the biggest loser study didnt make claims this crazy

Increased calories in can cause basal metabolism to increase or be stored as fat.

It depends on what kind of calories you eat and when you eat them.

so what about protein bars, protein shakes, water some fruits n veggies?

Post brain.

>I'm proven wrong but it's only 10 pounds year

Fuck off retard. You probably listen to Lyle McDonald and Alan Aragon like a retarded sheep.

Here's another study showing low carb increases TDEE by 150-200kcal.

bmj.com/content/363/bmj.k4583

Attached: 88EBEC4D-A77A-458A-A128-F58DDA561047.jpg (903x1323, 190K)

heh

>protein bars, protein shakes
Processed garbage. Usually has carbs and sweetener. Some artificial sweeteners also spike insulin. Eat real food.

>fruits n veggies
Nothing really wrong with these to be honest. Don't blend fruits. Vegetables are a good way to add healthy fats. Fry them or use an oily dressing.

>Start correcting decades of literal bought-and-paid-for propaganda from farm lobbies pumping sugar and grains
>Start taking diet advice from specialized MD's instead of government bureaucrats
>Get called a gullible retard

??????????????

True, but overeating with enough insuline will make and keep one fat, which means calories do make you fat for insulin is the hormone that stores it, but it has nothing to store if one doesn't eat, ergo insuline alone won't make one fat.
So still, eat below maintenance to lose weight and above to gain weight.

Attached: 1552049967052.png (455x455, 293K)

That's already been addressed. Insulin inhibits lipolysis which lowers TDEE.

Brainless don't belong here.

Or just pig out on healthy fats and fast intermittently for killer metabolism gains.

>CICO is correct
>people just don't get that you can't [tenably implement a CICO diet strategy at all and expect reliable success]

Uh. user.

>unga bunga undigestable plant matter good!

>Don't blend fruits.
why

I get the feeling the retards in this thread want to misunderstand you.

>Asians aren't know for eating carbs by the fucking sack and frying up pork for no reason
Filipinos are magic, it is decreed

just give me babis first metabolism rundown guys

my head hurts from reading this thread

Diet is self administered so study is pretty much ass

>Asians
>not fat

What?

Of course it was hard for them to get fat when they had to feed 1 billion people with rice farms and 90% were farmers.

You're literally 80 IQ.

Attached: 0CB602F6-5B83-4482-9C2C-30B7F041A484.jpg (1668x1110, 558K)

Releases all the sugar. So instead of a slow burn, you get all that fructose slamming your liver at once

That's because you have average intelligence and this thread reads like a schizophrenic with the equivalent of a diet book for flat earthers

so sugar rush high?

No it wasn't you idiot. The meals were provided to them.

it does that without all of the other stuff user, just give me a run down and i'm on my way

The obesity is rising it says. And I said Filipinos, not Chinese. Explain the japs, or hell, any Asians that aren't under Chinese rule
It must really chap your ass that this 80 iq retard knows more than you do.

CICO is not wrong, its just not the only variable in play, and proceses vary in efficiency

Keto works because fatties are less likely to cheat because it will show on the piss strips. Or they dont buy all the gummy bears and patato chips thus they dont consume 1000 unreported calories, or they just feel fuller bc you can only eat so much eggs and chicken