Are airpods decent for lifting...

Are airpods decent for lifting? In my gym there's sometimes no music playing and when there is it's often crap so I want to start wearing headphones. Wired headphones are impossible, I don't like losing awareness of surroundings with in-ear ones and find bulky over-ear ones annoying so on paper airpods are appealing.

Attached: 213f70198e10e3299b21d346791b31d1.jpg (2000x2666, 905K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ntp.niehs.nih.gov/results/areas/cellphones/index.html
livescience.com/63996-cellphones-cancer-rats-ntp-study.html
amazon.com/Headphones-Otium-Waterproof-Sweatproof-Cancelling/dp/B018APC4LE/ref=sxin_3_osp20-c971deb5_cov?ascsubtag=c971deb5-3d99-43ca-b894-48d55f0e0cd7&creativeASIN=B018APC4LE&cv_ct_id=amzn1.osp.c971deb5-3d99-43ca-b894-48d55f0e0cd7&cv_ct_pg=search&cv_ct_wn=osp-search&keywords=earbuds&linkCode=oas&pd_rd_i=B018APC4LE&pd_rd_r=f0a69249-24a0-471e-b99a-6837f1205800&pd_rd_w=0IgQ6&pd_rd_wg=ny5aH&pf_rd_p=37dcfc87-cdc2-4138-941e-56f6d8e6b463&pf_rd_r=ACB440ESJPM4WM1HWNMR&qid=1553701749&s=gateway&tag=bestcont06-20
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise-cancelling_headphones
amazon.com/gp/product/B07H2JNFYZ/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/Anker-SoundBuds-Headphones-Bluetooth-Cancellation/dp/B0721MP41Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Airpods are no.1 to look like a DYEL retard with mental disorder
Its just a big meme and people only buying them to show of "huh duh i can afford them too", there is much cheaper and better and non retarded looking options out there

Wouldn't they be liable to fall out if you're running?
>I'm not running.
All right. For my money I'd want something that I could use running too, though.

There are decent wireless earphones on Amazon from $20-50.
If you're not trying to flex just get one of those. They're pretty solid and who cares about audiophile levels of sound quality while lifting

Get jaybirds with the foam tips and be blissfully isolated from your own grunting

Galaxy buds are way better

Okay, so what's your suggestion bud?
That's something I'm concerned about. Apparently you can add some kind of tips to them to make them stay in better but not sure how well.

Do not get these
Got them yday and its been all issues

any bluetooth thingy will do good

Aren't they in-ear though?

I used Airpods and this underage twink approached me and said "cool Airpods"

Idk what he was trying to do but my bf was finna beat him up

Why not just have a 3some with him

Fags not welcome here

Jaybird - Tarah
Sennheiser - CX sport
Bose - Soundsport Free

>in-ear
>in-ear
>in-ear
tf brah?

I work out with airpods all the time, they never fall out while running and even rope jumping. I recommend them

Aren't Airpods in-ear as well?

he looked too young and im not into threesomes

well leave then

Bluetooth is more cancerous than 5G. Compulsory Bluetooth is reckless experimentation.

No they don't isolate the sound, you still hear some ambient noise like with apple earpods

Wrong place to ask for suggestions on this topic, OP. I recommend you head to the head-fi forums and the headphone list and read there. But if it's worth anything, my 2 cents: get an in-ear monitor. My current for training is a Hifiman RE600S, highly recommend.

What? You put them in your ears, so they're in-ear.

Citation needed

They don't have rubber tips/go deep in the ear canal and so don't block all ambient noise. I don't like that sealed off/underwater feeling when moving around, plus it's not really safe when running outdoors

Supplied
ntp.niehs.nih.gov/results/areas/cellphones/index.html

Attached: Screenshot_20190327-111350~2.png (1073x1947, 246K)

Shure BT 250. They have the cones that burrow into your ear. I use them for lifting & biking (drowns out horns, obscenities, and rage from motorists.

Attached: BE57AAD7-45C3-42FF-BAB9-BB696ADE21B1.jpg (600x489, 39K)

>Specifically designed for sound isolating
Do you guys even read the post before replying?

i simply cannot go back to wired shit especially if im exercising, its an inconveniency
i chose airpods™ made by  simply because i wanted to flex on broke niggas
thats all

That's noise canceling bro

But the battery life and nearly lag free connection is too good. I'm getting rid of my bose ones over it.

Welp, guess I better throw out my phone and computer now. Bye Jow Forums!
But really:
>livescience.com/63996-cellphones-cancer-rats-ntp-study.html
>Study about 2G and 3G, not 5G or bluetooth
>the only clear link between cellphone radiation and cancer was found among male rats (not female rats or male or female mice), and the researchers stressed that the findings do not apply to humans.
>The lowest level of radiation was equivalent to the maximum level that cellphones are allowed to emit in the U.S. But the researchers noted that a typical cellphone user rarely ever reaches this level. And the highest radiation level used in the study was four times higher than the maximum level allowed in people.
>Unexpectedly, the study also found that, overall, the male rats exposed to the cellphone radiation lived longer than the rats who were not exposed to the radiation.
Kek

Noise canceling means actively suppressing external noise with additional sounds

stop spending memes amount of money on workout earbuds. amazon.com/Headphones-Otium-Waterproof-Sweatproof-Cancelling/dp/B018APC4LE/ref=sxin_3_osp20-c971deb5_cov?ascsubtag=c971deb5-3d99-43ca-b894-48d55f0e0cd7&creativeASIN=B018APC4LE&cv_ct_id=amzn1.osp.c971deb5-3d99-43ca-b894-48d55f0e0cd7&cv_ct_pg=search&cv_ct_wn=osp-search&keywords=earbuds&linkCode=oas&pd_rd_i=B018APC4LE&pd_rd_r=f0a69249-24a0-471e-b99a-6837f1205800&pd_rd_w=0IgQ6&pd_rd_wg=ny5aH&pf_rd_p=37dcfc87-cdc2-4138-941e-56f6d8e6b463&pf_rd_r=ACB440ESJPM4WM1HWNMR&qid=1553701749&s=gateway&tag=bestcont06-20

16 bucks, sound fantastic, solid quality and theyll never fall off. dont get in the way at all. learn to be practical u stupid faggots

Heard these were good but they dony ship to my country

Attached: 1546388794903.jpg (1500x1500, 77K)

>cares this much about what other people think in the gym
can you at least try to make yourself look less like a grade school child?

>additional sounds
I have noise cancelling headphones that block out sound without having music on...

nigga, thats just a fuckin headphone lol. You can literally just turn the volume up high to make your shitty $5 headphones into some really nice noise cancelling ones

I have a pair of Airpods and I like em personally. Convenient as all hell and no one cares whether you have them or not really... Just don't get them stolen by some low life and you're good.

8/10 would recommend.

Attached: 1550162106999.jpg (600x600, 40K)

Attached: 498ed76be651cffb6bb9bac6a9bb75c3 (2018_01_16 05_22_39 UTC).jpg (600x600, 37K)

Based

I don't want to spend "memes amount of money" but nobody has suggested an alternative that doesn't block all ambient sound
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise-cancelling_headphones
Bro I'm not here to debate terminology, I just want something that *doesn't* block all ambient sound, actively or passively

this. why you would spend more 150$ when you can buy a good china bluetooth for 20$

So basically I'm hearing either "airpods are great" or "they're a meme, buy this other thing that doesn't actually have the same features"

>I dont want to debate
>posts up citation
bro, just deal with the music at your gym if you are going to make this into a research project holy shit

Phasing out the headphone jack is fake capitalism and gay planned obsolescence.

Airpods are perfect for what you’re looking for.

just like beats and other tech products marketed to be fashion accessories, you're going to be paying more for less.
if you want it because it looks good, buy it. if you want good sound quality and batteries, buy some sennheisers or bose

Your boyfriend must be insecure as fuck if he wants to beat up a guy for that

I use these and have only had a couple problems with them desyncing from eachother. Apple headphones dont feel good in my ears and they dont cancel noises. I use these for the gym 4 days a week and have to charge the case once a month or so. Very good for the money

amazon.com/gp/product/B07H2JNFYZ/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hate loose buds. They always fall out. I get the ~$70 wrap around ear/back of neck bluetooth headphones.

Also, people that wear the huge beats noise cancelling headphones at the gym are tards

>sending wireless signals between your brain continuously like poaching an egg
Oh boy this sounds healthy

just get a clip for wired earphones and clip it to your shirt. The only lift I have a problem with is power cleans

>Airpods are no.1 to look like a DYEL retard with mental disorder
>Its just a big meme
I'm a high school teacher and literally every student owns a pair. They're a meme in the same sense as iPhones.

> every high schooler has them
Uh that’s the literal most absolute possible evidence that they’re a meme.

I mean, yeah, but my $10 Koss earbuds claim to be "noise canceling" too and all they've got is the little cups. They used to claim that as "bass boost".

Right, because a couple years from now those kids will all be overjoyed to go back to wired earbuds.
I believe it.

>Are airpods decent for lifting?
No.
Extremely overpriced for what they are.
Easily fall of during the reps.
You start looking at dicks more often.

t. brokeboi android user

I never said they were great, they're just not bad. I heard the Jaybirds are pretty comparable, and the new Samsung ones are pretty good if you have a compatible Samsung phone (minus the subpar battery life).

I just like them because they're very convenient, have a great battery life, and even if you have a Samsung phone, there are apps for controlling them almost exactly like an iPhone would stock.

Attached: 1551144242942.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Overpriced as fuck for bluetooth shitters. There's plenty of options out there it's just that normies have to buy what everyone else has.

>wanting lossy garbage
ugh

T. poorfag

I recommend the etymotic EC52s. Super cheap and super reliable. Had them since 2012 never gave me trouble. SUPREME isolation so I never have to listen to shit gym music or noise and closed back design yields powerful bass and crystal clear mids. The fixed driver design produces chillingly good highs as well. Also, since the isolation is so great, I can play them at really low volumes and get very clear and comfortable sound with no risk of damaging my hearing, and of course I can play all my ISIS nasheeds with none the wiser.

If you listen to music while lifting you are distracting yourself from the bar and therefore not giving the best you could, simply kys

>airpods
Cringe.

I use the akg ones that came with my note. Maybe don't be an ipleb.

You're the only one here who is pleb enough to not want to block off other sounds.

I have an apple watch that I have my gym playlist on. I use airpods cause they sync w/ my watch and I can leave my phone in my locker when I work out. I’ve never had an issue with them falling out of my ears even while running or jumping. I’m not to concerned with RF exposure cause I use them one hour a day maybe four days a week.
YMMV

Based. Minimizing tech you need to carry around is the goal

I use airshokz, absolutely god tier.

Attached: 1526436502429.gif (235x225, 96K)

I run with them 5-6 days a week and have never had a problem with them even feeling/wanting to fall out

I had jaybirds and they ended up not holding a charge anymore

Switched to airpods and have been extremely happy with them

Galaxy buds, it has ambient sound mode where the mic picks up outside noise. It makes it sounds natural as well according to reviews.

yeah, they're pretty nice. taking them out of the case and putting them in is super efficient, and the case charges the earbuds pretty fast. if you have no trouble with normal earpods, they won't fall out. you'll also be aware of your surroundings since it does not isolate effectively. most of the hate here isn't even justified
>it's popular so its bad!
what else is new

what the fuck are you smoking

> I don't like losing awareness of surroundings with in-ear ones
How does that not happen with wireless earbuds, which are what airpods are? Same exact thing just without the wires.

Airpods are in-ear. They're also partially open back, which is what lets you hear ambient noise.

>not safe when running outdoors
how much of a faggot do you have to be.

Do you think deaf people have no situational awareness? Of course they do. Awareness is a cognitive state. If you're hoping to just turn off your brain and only "wake up" when you hear an unusual noise, I got some bad news for you. [spoiler] yuor'e reetarddedd[/spoiler]

Used em for a while, no problems at all. Tbh most decent-quality bluetooth earbuds will work, as many anons have said. Mine were $40 and have lasted nearly a year with zero problems.

Airpods: $150

Senso Bluetooth Headphones: $20

Good sound, good battery, good connection, the clear choice.

jawmogs me desu

>airpods
Enjoy EMF radiation straight into your brain

Also, comfy and secure fit

>GOAT for the price range if you want in-ear bass

Attached: naushniki-sony-mdr-xb50ap-extra-bass-2-8959544.jpg (1050x1400, 170K)

No idea why people keep saying AirPods is flexing. $150 is nothing for the quality and since its Apple you can use em for a couple years and sell them for $80-100 to upgrade to the next generation.

>minimizing tech is the goal
alright, let's break that down then.
>his daily routine: expensive Apple™ iWatch™, expensive Apple™ iAirpods™, (presumed) expensive Apple™ iPhone™. Complimentary Apple™ iDildo™ for free.
>his workout routine: Apple™ iAirpods™, Apple™ iAirpods™.

Normal person's gym routine: phone + earbuds or just working out with no music thus no phone or earbuds at all.

If minimizing tech was his goal, he's going about it the wrong way, by adding more and more tech. And expensive tech as well.

>nothing for the quality
Every single apple product, BAR NONE, is over priced for the quality of other brands. This is a recognized thing for a long time now.
I will grant you that apple popularized things, but in turn say you're paying for the popularity. Furthermore, who would want to buy used earbuds.

best IEM's ive ever owned, so good i'm on my third pair, first one i broke in the gym when they snagged on the bar. godlike customer service, sent them an email and they sent me new ones for free. sound great and never fall out, with great stainless steel build quality too
10/10 no regrets

Attached: RHA-MA750.jpg (800x600, 35K)

>If you don't want to do something you don't need the tech used to achieve it
I aspire to this level of genius

Airpods are objectively the worst wireless headphones you can get. Headphones that are more secure, cancel noise better, produce higher sound quality, and have better battery life can be found on Amazon for like $30. Don't waste $150 on shitty ear buds that will fall out of your ears and get crushed by a falling barbell. Apple's business model literally exists to trick dumb niggers and kids with rich parents into buying overpriced shit that will need to be quickly replaced for the marginal increase of social status from it's bullshit brand value.

IMHO the airpods are great, but I could never pay that amount when I know that the battery will be useless in like 2 years.

I have this one and they are pretty good.
Good base, good build quality. 26$

amazon.com/Anker-SoundBuds-Headphones-Bluetooth-Cancellation/dp/B0721MP41Q

airpods? Just buy master dynamic mw07 you cheapskate, great sound and so damn comfortable

Jabra Elite 65T are far better. Even Jaybirds are better.

You can have the batteries replaced. Of course by then there's probably also a new version out.

theyre ok if you dont mind brain cancer