Autistic gym habits

ITT we post our autistic gym habits.

At least twice a week after a workout I buy one of these shitty fucking cookies and tell myself that one day I may. I've eaten so many I guess I've adapted to the taste because I look forward to them. Choco mint is big dick.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3577439/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>about to squat
>stamp feet like a deer or horse about to charge

Attached: 1552018166808.png (800x600, 1.83M)

Not sure if autistic but I always chug an 80gram protein shake immediately after workout to get that MPS started asap and to take advantage of the gains window

Sorting the plates by weight
I HAVE to do this

everytime.. I also rerack weights or put things back to their original place if I see some shithead not placing them back to where he/she took them

>bout to to deadlift
>start strutting like a deer in heat
>getting hyped up
>reach down for the bar and get in form
>the energy isnt there
>the second you touch it you life off and continue pacing and hyping yourself.

I know that at least one person is watching me do this and its fun every time

Attached: 1553606769201.png (703x704, 567K)

I wiggle my feet in the air (while sitting) or "dance" lightly with my shoulders and arms whenever I listen to groovy music like 80s pop at the gym

>not inhibiting oneself with the spirit of a wild animal before lifts
you're gonna fucken make it user, godsspeed

Attached: pre-historic european shaman wearing deer skin and antlers.jpg (300x400, 14K)

You just made me do the same, thanks buddeh

Not autistic at all

Came here to post this. Fucking OCD.

I shake
I look around like a paranoid fool

i spin the plates on the bar around so the holes on them are all matched up

also gripping the bar in a motorbike start motion before i start for way too long

If im done with a set on some machine ill get up, walk around, and then sit back down for another set

>i spin the plates on the bar around so the holes on them are all matched up
I'm . I also do this. But I do it on racked plates too. And the numbers on the plates have to be upright. And the clips too, and aligned with eachother.

Based neat lifter

that
>*grips the bar*
>*breathes in*
>*gets in position*
>*braces*
>NOPE
>*does all the above almost instantly again*
>*goes for it*
>oh yeah
>rep out 5 with what felt like the ticket to snappolis seconds ago
feel

When I get to the squat rack, I try to find one of those thin metal bars to put in front of my feet in order to help me align them for proper form. I can feel when my feet aren't aligned, but I can't tell if they're aligned by sight unless I'm wide awake. The whole ordeal makes me anxious and cuts into my stride, which is fucking stupid because it is kind of important but I'm also blowing it out of proportion. It might be a bandage fix, but it at least gets me doing good squats, so I can't complain.

You're focusing on good form, so it's alright. I did the same thing in the begining, using a bar to make sure my heels were shoulder width apart. Now I mostly go by feel, but I also bend at the hips and reach for my heels with the arms straight down before the first set to make sure. Maybe that could work for you.

If there's anyone else waiting for the rack I do supersets of ohp and squats to be quick

whenever Im sitting at a bench I feel like Im sitting the same way I sit when I shit. especially when im sitting down for the first time.

That's just stupid, metabolic window was proven to be false.

Before I had a home gym I would bring lysol wipes to wipe down benches before I used them because I got a staph infection once from an LA fitness. I'm not a germaphobe I just don't want to get staph again.

People who dont do this are losing out on so much gains.

wash my hands before starting & leaving

U know thats just a meme right

>Listen to 90's alternative rock when I lift.
>tap foot and drum when I rest while sitting

i take a swig of water between every set
i either look up in the roof or into the floor between sets
i do not listen to music

I always talk to myself because my real life is shit so I am in a fantasy world 90% of the time. This is visibly mouthed and Im sure people can notice it, its lucky they can't hear it though, thank you Ms Minaj.

>I only wash hands before leaving

Attached: 50a.jpg (470x595, 47K)

In between sets of preacher curls I grab a plate and pretend I'm driving a truck.

On occasion I do karate when moving around like Mac from Always Sunny

I sit by a space heater after a heavy lifting sesh & pretend it's a dark souls bonfire

Attached: 1547812616927.jpg (720x721, 52K)

I do this a lot more with the bench press and the squat. The DL is just so easy and fun in comparison

Literally pace back and forth across the entire gym between sets.

I know I shouldn't, but I can't stop.

I go to the gym at 3 AM so that I don't have to interact with anybody except the old guy that just walks laps on the track

I walk in a big swaying loop around the machines and benches or just a big figure eight

I guess it's also your own little personal sauna

I sniff profusely when a braphog is sweating or doing some meme rdl glute max exercise . If they noticed it I tell them I have asthma so I need to do deep breath

Attached: 1552679690196.webm (640x800, 874K)

Who is this semen demon?

My wife

>pace back and forth like I have a court case coming up
>jump up and down a few times to hype myself up
>step up to the bar
>clap my hands as forcefully as I can 5-6 times
>grab the bar
>do one rep
>”BUDDDYYYRAAAAHHHH!”
>put the weight down
>rest for 6 minutes while browsing /fit
>some DYEL asks me how many more sets I have
>”haha oh man I just started. I have like maybe.. 8-9 more. You want to work in though?”
>mfw the answer is no
>sit down in the middle of the squat rack and bask in the pleasure of being glared at by half the gym

Attached: 19FC13EF-503C-43C9-A332-FF599F058738.jpg (640x480, 26K)

>”haha oh man I just started. I have like maybe.. 8-9 more. You want to work in though?”

Are you me?
>it's friday
>bench day
>9 sets normal bench + 8 sets close grip
>my gym only has one bench
>i'm 7 sets in
>hey man how many sets you got left haha?
>like 10 bro, want to work in?
>...
>nah im good

I am unable to do any exercise on a rack unless the weights and safety grips are uniform on both sides of the bar.

shit just eases my mind.

Attached: 1404867548850.jpg (1383x1600, 325K)

No, shes my wife :)

Oh i fucking do this too! I also stretch my arms and shoulders before every set of deads

She's our wife, breh

LIGHT WEIGHT BABYYY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I unironically do this when benching with my buddy. not like yelling though

Attached: ronnie.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

>not like yelling though
Never gonna make it

Pamela Alexandra

>Buy Lenny and Larry cookie 1-2 times a week
>Always shout "Cookie time!" before I open it
>Mouth "Yeah buddeh!" before doing a heavy weight set
That's all I do I think

Attached: 1552441947208.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

I stop at the grocery store every night next to the gym. I get one or two things. Sometimes I spend less than a dollar.

>Gets suplexed mid-squat by based mongoloid

Attached: mongolian horse wrestling forum.webm (640x640, 2.77M)

Based impersonation of me, only difference is the lack of pre-set honey straight from the bottle

OMG, when I think I'm gonna fail a rep I say the same, I have headphones so I don't know if I say it out loud or just for myself.

as thanks and blessing to the spirit of the weights, i give each plate a little kiss before i put it away

jesus christ thats awesome

im pretty confident I would get my ass kicked by a horse

>choco mint
Destined to make it

>9 sets normal bench + 8 sets close grip
mongoloid

i put other people's weights away between sets. also, i stretch my rotator cuffs in between tough sets by waving my arms around in circles while pacing around like a fucking dumbass

Taking research chemicals and bulking when I should be cutting.

Attached: KUJICAM_2019-03-27-10-37-00_developed.jpg (3000x4000, 1.96M)

>not screaming yeah buddy at the top of your lungs before doing a heavy deadlift

Is Placebo on the playlist?

>that 2nd guy slamming the horse

holy fuck. based and steppeniggerpilled

I pace angrily back and forth before a big lift

>hey man how many sets you got left haha?
Haha, wouldn't it be weird if some dude asked you how many sets you got left? Haha that'd be awful!

Attached: ewww haha.jpg (352x536, 39K)

>walk back and forth around the gym, claiming my territory
>always like to be alone in the gym (small place) and when someone shows up I get annoyed, but doesn't bother me after
>stare at people more than I should
>halfway when blasting music I unconnect my bt since getting anxious what other people think of my taste of music and changing to radio
>sip between sets
>do ohp in squat rack
>only person who ever sweats after workout as far as I have noticed
>before a heavy sweat I call for divine strength within me
Yeah.. what price do I win?

Heavy weight***

the barbell MUST line up with the floor tiles before a lift and the squat rack with the wall
sip every set
i dont like pacing like a retard so set the treadmill to a slow speed and walk on that instead
most people are good about treturning weights but if theres the odd one lying around ill return it

here too

>If they noticed it I tell them I have asthma so I need to do deep breath
how many times did this already happen? jfc sound like you're creeping out gym thots on a regular basis

Attached: 1552970536660.jpg (576x566, 54K)

Not really a habit, but the weirdest mental thing I ever encountered was when I first started lifting. I simply couldn't do a 1pl8 bench. I would put those big boy plates on the bar, lift off no problem but I couldn't finish the rep. 130 felt simple but I just couldn't do 135.
It was a mental block.
Finally, I tried putting a 25 and 2 10s on, lifted it for 5 reps no problem. My fucking mind was sabotaging me into believing I couldn't lift the big pl8s. It wasn't the weight at all.

Attached: galaxy brain.jpg (400x300, 24K)

Say a devotion between sets because success is a gift from God.

Attached: Thincc Crusader.jpg (600x600, 13K)

I have kinda the same problem... when benching I hit this plateau, where I just can't seem to get over a certain weight... maybe fear of not getting the bar up again or something like that... however as stupid as this sounds I will try this! If it works, bless your soul user.

You always hear people talking about the power of the mind; how mental attitude can help you accomplish things that might seem too difficult. Well, that damn mind works the other way, too. It can keep you from doing things that you should be able to do if you let it. Good luck, user.

No it hasnt

My only autismo habit is always enter the rack or get on the bench from the right side.

>turn on a metal song
>grab the plates and load them like it’s a torpedo
>slam them against the plates already on the bar
>get in position to fire
>deadlift with perfect form
>”Good work, soldier that was a perfect hit”

Weighted calisthenics completely nude (bar weightvest), curtains down and lights turned off in my flat, top volume ambient jungle music, tennis grunt on every set

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 9K)

>scream: fuuuuuuuuuck at low tone, when heavy lifting heavy shit

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3577439/

This is me lmao

I only go from 5am until 6am

wtf based

based, peace be with you

>hes sits down to shit
Never gunna make it