/owg/ Olympic weightlifting general

It’s that time of year : Edition

Attached: BDC47E54-BD15-4C31-9E50-B7993DC5C0DF.jpg (1125x1259, 766K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BvgB2WZgEMT/
instagram.com/p/BvYTO1Xgow3/
billstarrr.blogspot.com/2012/01/quick-lifts-by-bill-starr.html
youtube.com/watch?v=emFkVi38snA
youtube.com/watch?v=tpFIAlXtbt4
youtube.com/watch?v=_d65-NpT8SM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Alan Thrall is doing weightlifting again? How good do you think he can be? He has a video where he casually cleans 300lbs back when he was in the military.

Attached: 35CBB5B5-DAB7-4078-B27B-172DBA533ADD.jpg (1125x1537, 527K)

this whole week of training is fucked for me to be honest

Attached: sun.jpg (2400x2401, 378K)

shi doing 171/206
instagram.com/p/BvgB2WZgEMT/
instagram.com/p/BvYTO1Xgow3/

I've just been borrowing some of your power, sorry for that
snatches and front squats been going great

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 10K)

not cool bro

it's only until my next comp

Bump

Did a comp and went 6/6 75/95

Will improve more soon.

Okay, so I've been lifting for a short while and got interested in the Olympic lifts, especially the Snatch. I have been practicing the movement a bit with the bar after my workouts.
I'm currently doing a full body routine 3 times a week and would like to add some Olympic lifts to it.
Any recommendations how to add it? Just do it in the start of my workout every gym day? Or should I just change to a weightlifting program? Are there any good beginner programs to suggest?

As someone who's been looking for a general strength program w/ the classics added in; it's tough to find a program that encompasses them all.

If I were you, I'd just add the classics before any big lifts onto your regular strength program, and back squat 2x a week, and front squat once a week. As you can see, it's a lot of fucking around. Nothing is really optimal.

Bill Starr's "The Quick Lifts" is your best bet for a good beginner/intermediate program, which I have been running for the past few months, just adding in pull-ups, bench and DLs on Saturday, because fuck it.

Based Bill Starr poster. Great program, got me strong in all the right places!

I'm loving the program so far, I'm gonna milk it out for all it's worth before I'm sure that strength gains have run out. Any recommendations on what to run after by any chance?

After Bill Starr I did competition prep. Program was something like this.

Mo:
Snatch: 6 ascending triples starting from 70-75%
Clean and jerk: 20/20 (google joe mills 20/20 workout)
Squat top set of 5, back off set of 8 (22,5kg lighter)

Tue: 20/20 or 7x3 overhead press

Wed:
Snatch 8 doubles starting at 75-80%%
C&J 8 sets of 1 power clean+2 jerks starting at 75-80% (my jerk sucked so I only cleaned once since it was strong enough)
Front squat 3 rm + back off set of 8 (30kg lighter)

Thu: 20/20 or 7x3 press (I switch it up)

Fri:

Snatch 20/20
C&J 6 ascending singles starting at 85-90%
Squat 3rm + back off set of 8 (22,5kg lighter)

Saturday
Ascending power clean triples
Push press 20/20

For press and push press 20/20 I started at 70% and did 5 sets of triples added 5 kg and did 5 sets of doubles added 5kg and did 5 singles followed by 5 ascending singles (2,5kg increments)

Shit worked for me, might not work for you.

Also I did some fast snatch/clean deadlifts or snatch/clean pulls after the full lifts

I'll have to try it to find out then! Thanks a million brah! Will try to run this after Quick Lifts is for sure no longer good.

Searched the Quick Lifts and got this article. Didn't read it yet. Does he explain the program here?
billstarrr.blogspot.com/2012/01/quick-lifts-by-bill-starr.html

Also found this routine in the pic. Would something like that be good for a beginner?

Attached: screenshot2015-05-29at121828pm.jpg (600x340, 49K)

Here is the four day program! Give me a sec, I'll post reps and sets in a sec

Attached: Quick Lifts.png (454x1540, 179K)

so how did you guys start in this sport?

started young with hopes of going to the actual olympics? specialized after doing a bit of crossfit? come from powerlifting after seeing some clarence kennedy videos? somewhere else?

Attached: 1526500333008.jpg (290x430, 25K)

P-Cleans, FS and jerks are just warm-up, do 3 sets of 5
Clean and Jerks - (2+1) x 6 - working to a max
Pulls - 3x3 (try to aim for 50lbs higher than your clean, if that's a bit too heavy, reduce weight a bit, the bar should be jumping. Again, ramp the sets up)
Back Squats on Monday - 5x5 working to a max
Back Squats on Friday - 3x5, then 2x3, again, working to a max, adding on 5lbs from Monday.
Dips - do them unweighted until you can do like 10 in a row, once you can, add on weight. I like doing a set of 10 as warm-up, two sets of five weighted, finishing w/ a heavy triple if I can.

P-Snatch + OHS - same as the P-Cleans
Snatches - 6x3, working to a max
OHP: a couple of sets of 5 as a warm-up, then either 3x3, or 6x3, depending on how you are feeling that day, working to a max.

Based

Meme powerlifting and decided I wanted to be an athlete instead of a lazy powerlifter with no mobility or athletic capability.

Great! Thank you very much!

Was lifting for a couple years just doing general strenght training. I saw some olympic weightlifting on youtube, thought it was cool. Then I tried it myself, first time my tech was horrendous and it wasn't fun at all. Couple months later I tried it again, got a snatch done with ok form (it was just a power hang snatch from over knee iirc), and it was the most fun I had had in the gym ever. After that I was basically hooked on weightlifting.

i think deadlifts and mobility work ruined me for the whole week
youtube.com/watch?v=emFkVi38snA
youtube.com/watch?v=tpFIAlXtbt4
youtube.com/watch?v=_d65-NpT8SM

Front Squats: 6x3, you guessed it, working to a max
Good mornings - 4x8 or 5x10, trying to handle around 50% of back-squat (WARM UP LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER BEFORE THESE)
Swap out inclines w/ push-press, 5x3, maxing out.
Chins, same thing I do w/ dips