Are Dexa scans worth?

I can get a dexa scan from the nearby university for $80. Is it worth it to do? Money's not a problem but I try to be frugal for things that aren't worth

Attached: idxa-image.png (395x525, 170K)

That's a big boy

Why would you get a DEXA? Are you a 65 year old woman at high risk for osteoporosis?

For what? Body fat? Just look in a fucking mirror

Body comp per area, advice how to work on certain areas, etc

I'm gonna be honest with ya, you can really figure that out by yourself

Basically this
If you think you are fat and need to work out then you are fat and should start working out

Can you tell me my bf?

inb4 wew lad, shit genetics, fatass, trex, etc.

not op btw

Attached: IMG_20190327_193717151.jpg (374x598, 44K)

over 15 percent, prob close to 20

That's what I figured. Bought one of those BF scales today and it said 28%...I know they're not accurate, but I didn't think they'd be massively inaccurate either and was a bit concerned.

>shooting your whole body full of cancer to do a completely meaningless test [4u, because you most BEE pretty young]

more like dexa SCAM lmao
(I don't even know what dexa is)

i'd say around 25, you are pretty fat

conflicting information

Dual Energy X-ray Absorption

Prolly 17%

Dexa scan was made to ONLY check your bone density. It doesn't differentiate water in your stomach from lean muscle. If you chug a gallon of water pre scan it will show as lean muscle mass. Dexa is a fucking meme.

That's more than 25% for sure

>doesn't differentiate water from lean muscle

Body fat is measured by fat / body weight. It has nothing to do with muscle.

>chug water
>get heavier
>no fat gain
>lean mass gain
>lower body fat percentage result

Mine is off by 5 points from the navy body tape measures (and common sense). For whatever reason they run on the high side.

you can't spot reduce fat, so why do you care where the fat is? just do a 20$ bodpod at most to track your progress once a month and that's it, you can even just stick to calipers and progress pics if you want my true and honest opinion.