Holy shit

Why are there so many college aged male students with receding hairlines?

Attached: 212312321.jpg (640x949, 87K)

>stress
>drinking
>shit diet
>constant masturbation
>no lifting
Also people can be in their 30's in college maybe theyre just old

I doubt it bro, I personally know 2 guys that are 20 and already have the hairline of 39 year old men. It's sad really

i do all of that except the constant masturbation and i still have a great hairline. i also look like a high schooler.

A high schooler looking prettyboy/hot guy like OP's picture or a young looking friendzoned twink

white genes

High cortisol and prolactin (stress hormones) are observed in both male and females with hairloss. Masturbation increases those stress hormones, and may raise them chronically if done in excess (rat studies where male rats had a lot of sex had a lot of negative consequences, including an increase of estrogen receptors in the brain).

Prolactin's main job is the take minerals from bones to create milk in females. 50% of post-partum females experience hairloss after having a baby. In birds it's called the molting hormone because birds shed their feathers when it's raised. Also osteoporosis is often linked to hairloss.

Zinc is required for optimal thyroid function, and hypothyroidism is often linked with hairloss. Prolactin also suppresses the metabolism.

Vitamin C is required for collagen production, and collagen is a big part of hair growth. Many people are probably borderline deficient because vitamin C breaks down very easily, and "fresh" fruit you buy in the store has been picked weeks prior.

Vitamin D is a hormone that is required to grow hair. Most people are deficient because we're retarded now and think the sun is evil. Don't ever use sunscreen.

Hair is an inefficient organ, and hair follicles need GLUCOSE, FRUCTOSE or PYRUVATE to grow. Many people eat keto or low-carb and experience hairloss. Glucose is also REQUIRED for proper thyroid function, and as I already mentioned, hypothyroidism is closely linked to hairloss.

>inb4 testosterone

If testosterone/DHT was the cause, all teenager would be bald. You start to see hairloss as testosterone declines and stress hormones like estrogen, prolactin, and cortisol take over and people get old and fat.

You are fucking retarded. Do actual research on the subject instead of getting your information from reddit.

Lmfaooo i'm one of those guys you're talking about. I'm also one of those guys who sits in the back corner with the 5 other hot girls in the class and flirts with them. Meanwhile you're the pathetic loser lost somewhere in the middle of the class fidgeting with a pencil waiting for class to be over so you can go home and play video games. Whatever..

Attached: Girlfriend #3.jpg (1080x1920, 718K)

EPIGENETIC STRESS

This really. That shit will catch up to you, especially after 4 years of constant abuse.

prettyboy/twink i guess

>chill
>dont drink much
>good diet since i was born
>masturbated 3/4 times a week as a teen 1/2 times as an adult
>lifted since 18
almost bald at 25.
fuck you broscience fag

It's almost like you were genetically predisposed to MPB and it wasn't caused by a hormonal imbalance or something.

Balding cope

if you do nothing else on that list you should only ejaculate once or twice a week, everything else I agree is important as well to maintaining a good head of hair throughout your later life.

nice non argument, prove one thing he said wrong.

then why does finasteride work? stop pretending like you know something

this

london?

WASP white people genetics and the fact upper middle class anglo saxons are the most likely to enter college

they have bad hairline genetics, look at prince williams balding

woah you sound way cooler than me. I really wish I was you

>except the constant masturbation
I honestly think that's the main reason hairloss happens earlier these day.

Except DHT blockers have an almost 100% success rate at stopping hairloss but okay you retard.

I think Zinc, C, and D are all based, but strongly disagree with your theory that DHT plays little to no role. Finasteride is almost guaranteed to stop your hairloss and this is done by inhibiting serum DHT. It's also why creatine fucking wrecked my hairline, as it increases DHT by roughly 50%

2 out of how many? There have always been a few guys that get receding hairlines in college. You're just growing up and turning into a big boy. Some of your peers are going to start having big boy problems.

>eanwhile you're the pathetic loser lost somewhere in the middle of the class fidgeting with a pencil waiting for class to be over so you can go home and play video games
fucking delete this.

Is that rly your GF?

There have always been men that started losing their hair in their late teens/early 20's. This isn't anything new

This. My best buddy is OBSESSED with my hairline and shit talks it constantly, but he can't grow enough balls to approach a single woman. He exclusively gets laid in eastern Europe once per year which is pickup cheat codes as an american. Funny as fuck

> big boy problems

its cause of poor genetics, my grandpa has a better hairline than these sad people

If your balding you better have a strong jaw and muscle to compensate for that stuff

Yeah I was too lazy to specify the possibility that nothing has actually changed in my post. The problem is we don't have any hard data on hairloss to say there's been an increase or not.

Regardless, even with shit genetics you generally don't start thinning until at least puberty. Usually well past the end of puberty.

I'm a 25 year old with a Norwood 2, while my 29 year old bro is a flat Norwood 0 and perfectly thick. I can really get behind the Idea that behavior and diet plays a major role. Genetics loads the gun, environment pulls the trigger

>Genetics loads the gun, environment pulls the trigger
Very succinct and accurate way to put it.

My face and jaw are pretty good, but the receded temples surely knocked my down a full point. It still doesn't change that game is the biggest factor.

I also have never once had a woman comment on my hairline in my life, include vapid shallow sluts that think it's ok to insult you when they feel like it.

My hairline started receeding in fucking middle school. Which I mean is alright now because I've come to accept having a buzzed head and don't mind it. Plus I haven't been to a barber in years probably since middle school, never have to worry about my hair in the morning I just get up and leave, and it's nice in the summer minus getting sunburn on my scalp.

My dad still has a great hairline in his 40s whereas mine looks like it belongs to a man in his 30s when I am only 20. No one in my family went bald except for my granduncle and he lost his hair all the way in his 40s. It must be something in the water, I swear.

Attached: somethinginthewater.png (1250x695, 1.83M)

it's BS, you can sleep 10h everyday, eath the healthiest shit possible, have all the vitamins and you will keep balding no matter what, meanwhile a drunk/drugged out 50yo hobo will go through life with norwood 0 mane
I know it's easier to take thinking that it wasn't your shitty genes but outside facotrs but stop coping.
Your brother got handed better genes, better ratios whatever

if you think outside factors matter then go on, reverse or stop your balding with your natural methods I'll wait

It's actually epigenetics, his brother by virtue of being 4 years older means that he had the luxury of being born to a mother that had accrued relatively less damage than user did.

Most of those guys probably hit puberty early. Usually the guys that hit puberty at an earlier age always end up a little shorter than usual and have their hairlines receding. A bunch of my friends (early 20s) have receding hairlines and all of them hit puberty early.

It’s a dominant gene. We all gonna be bald sooner or later!

Attached: 25883E63-61C4-4B80-ADBA-6F79BEF89AA7.gif (220x277, 737K)

I've masturbated multiple times a day for over a decade, I have no signs of balding whatsoever.

If anything, nofap accelerates hair loss because it increases testosterone.

If you have the genes to bald, anything that increases your DHT will accelerate the loss and vice versa.

Genetics are vitally important, but even doctors and researchers do not deny the existence of environmental factors, on top of even psychological factors.

Theres a reason you can give a placebo group a sugar pill, tell them "this powerful drug might give you violent diarrhea" and a huge amount of them will spill their guts out

This. Lifted from 19 onwards and took creatine for a solid 3 of those years on top of doing an accutane treatment. If I could go back in time, I would backhand my own ballsack for doing anything other than the lifting part

Literally everything. But for starters

>If testosterone/DHT was the cause, all teenager would be bald. You start to see hairloss as testosterone declines and stress hormones like estrogen, prolactin, and cortisol take over and people get old and fat.

is just the dumbest bro science reddit shit I’ve ever read. It’s not decline in testosterone/dht that causes hair to fall out retard. It’s the sensitivity of your follicles to DHT, which is a derivative of testosterone. Everything that was said has nothing to do with hair loss. It’s all genetic. Stop this fucking cope

Although I agree with your position that DHT is the root cause, I am interested in why older men bald far more frequently than men in their 20s do when testosterone (which would processes to DHT) is raging in a man's body. Some men can make it all the way to 70s before any loss of hair is noted

Seeing the behavior of elite politicians makes me believe in metaphysical evil. What the fuck would compel a human to act that way?

Satan. The Earth is inside it essentially, it influences everything in a top down way.

Yeah my dad is in his 70’s and just starting to lose it

I lost mine in my 30’s...0

im bald and have a strong jaw and muscles but its not compensation. i had those things before i went bald

25% of men see recession before 20
75% of men see recession before 30

Because the hair follicle dies with age. Or rather, DHT slowly kills it. How strong or weak your hair follicles are is all genetics

Creatine killed my hairline too. Had to switch to a different non creatine pre workout

Have you ever considered that - just maybe - there is a very strong bias/tendency among the medical establishment and professionals in related fields to DOWNPLAY the role of genetics and EXAGERRATE the role of environmental factors, simply because their customers are more willing to believe the one narrative over the other?

I'm not even alleging that there is a big "conspiracy" that everyone is knowingly involved in. What I'm saying is that when you have a topic that is 1) an uncomfortable truth and 2) something you can't make any money on (because gene therapy doesn't yet exist) then this will almost certainly skew the way that studies are conducted and what studies are funded in the first place.

Isn't it funny how researchers always make sure to undermine THEIR OWN studies when the results suggest dominant genetic components ("uhh this study was only done on rats so it doesn't mean anything") but at the same time this selective skepticism is never used when the results favor nutrition/environment factors (because apparently, then rat studies become fine)?

Nah you don't. If you're balding you just need to not be insecure about it, end of story.
If a woman makes fun of your hairline and you, in /any/ way, try to defend yourself or seem upset, she will smell the insecurity instantly and walk away from you.
But there is no way you will ever wrap your head around this concept, and will continue ad infinitum to blame your failures with women on trivial aesthetic shortcomings to cope with the fact that, underneath it all, you are a jaded, bitter, empty, sad, and boring piece of shit to be around, which is the real reason why no woman in their right mind will ever love you.

>27
>starting to thin and recede
Gonna kill myself desu senpai

Saying pharmaceuticals are designed to maximize profits is nothing new. But your logic is completely OPPOSITE to the way I would suggest doctors and researchers would communicate with patients. Suggesting that environment makes a difference, or as you're inferring exaggerating said environmental effects would give a patient a false sense of confidence that he can defeat his medical situation WITHOUT medications, threatening the profitability. Instead, a doctor can advise a patient that he hit a terrible dice roll genetically, and immediately begin some rounds of treatments for whatever the ailment is.

Take me being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis for example; My doc is an alright guy, but he straight up told me that "Diet has absolutely no effect on inflammation" and "only my anti-inflammatory medication would do anything". The meds were ok, but quitting alcohol and reducing carb intake was the real game winner for me, to the point where I'm basically cured (Fuck (((starch))) ).

Even what we're talking about in this thread; doctors and researchers just pretty much will slap finasteride on us. You claimed there's a bias towards making research appear favorable towards environment, but I haven't seen anything other than fringe anons claim anything other than genetics causes hairloss, every research claims androgenic allopecia is exclusively genetic. They're still making bank throwing fin and minoxidil at us just fine. Do you really think BigPharm would want information like dermarolling on your head for free, or popping some C and D tabs will stop hairloss? Of course not.

Attached: Asrai.jpg (1301x2048, 325K)

north texas, sorry

>Tfw pappy didn't start to show a receding hairline until late 50s
>Tfw genetic testing shows I'm less likely to lose my hair than my dad

Attached: 1543900447819.jpg (400x462, 26K)

Also, I forgot to mention. Because vitamin D and cortisol are both steroid hormones, cortisol will block vitamin D from being activated if it is chronically elevated.

kuru

Then what explains the rising rate of receding hairlines/balding in young men? How many young men were balding in the 60s/70s?

Attached: tmp394511344381984769.jpg (1240x802, 226K)

holy fuck you had UC and kept drinking alcohol anyway? Did your doctor know about this?.

Also if C and D tabs worked for hairloss then "BigPharm" would've jumped on it and would sell a "branded" version to make even bigger bucks. I don't know why you people think pharma companies are hellbent on giving out useless treatments, they literally try thousands of prototype drugs and spend billions on R&D to have better drugs than their rival companies. If they put out drugs that don't work they would go bankrupt. "natural" or "hollistic" treatments only go so far, like the user above pointed out, some things are just mostly in our genes, if you rolled a fucked up AR gene then no amount of dermarolling or essential oils is going to save your scalp, in fact, not even finasteride might do it. Hair transplants are the only thing you've got.

>Then what explains the rising rate of receding hairlines/balding in young men?
Never heard about this. Is this your own biased observation or do you actually have any study to back up that claim?
Also lol @ your pic, there's at least 3 guys in there with fucked up hairlines.

>If a woman makes fun of your hairline and you, in /any/ way, try to defend yourself or seem upset, she will smell the insecurity instantly and walk away from you.

Dont listen to this stupid shit beta excuse. If someone harms you, you harm them back twice as hard to teach them that you won't be walked over and their actions have consequences.
"yeah at least im not fat/ugly" is the proper response.

Who the fuck cares if she walks away, you dont want to be with that kind of person anyway

race mixing

Could be my biased observation as well, but this definitely seems to be the case. I think the same properties of men go bald now, but the process just starts earlier. I see many men from the previous generation who are starting to bald in their 40s, whereas a similar proportion of men in their 20s now seem to be at the same point of the balding process as those older men, and all of these younger men will be slick bald at 40.

I don't accept the "baldness epidemic" meme. I think it is just all these 21 yo baldlets are crapping themselves because they watched movies and TV which made them think MPB happens when you're middle-aged.
Nope. If you're a baldlet you can expect to see the first signs when you're a teenager.
That's when I saw them and if anything I have balded slightly more slowly than my father who is bald and his father was bald too.

Actors use wigs, finasteride, minoxodil, transplants etc. They have to look youthful to make pussies wet until the age where middle-aged pussies will get wet enough seeing a bald man - that's when they can bin the minoxodil.

Attached: norwood-scale-for-men.jpg (770x661, 56K)