/fat/ - "German efficiency" edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For den dicken Hans and die fette Erika who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, fasicsm and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

PREVIOUS:

Attached: 1552948902604.jpg (1238x1822, 445K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lib1.org/_ads/177B2E5D676751DA03C38E1D92BE141C
youtube.com/watch?v=b7zWNabebxs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Beichtet ihr verdammten Sünder! Ähm... I mean... confess!

Attached: 1552949374518.png (800x800, 106K)

Get fucked nazi

That's not a confession, fellow fatty.

/deutsch/-Ausgabe?

How's my breakfast?

- 1 spicy italian sausage (Calories: 305, Fat: 22g, Carbs: 0g, Protein: 29g)
- 4 slices bacon (Calories: 440, Fat: 42g, Carbs: 0g, Protein: 14g)
- 6 extra large eggs (Calories: 480, Fat: 36g, Carbs: 6g, Protein: 42g)
- 60g butter (Calories: 420, Fat: 48g, Carbs: 0g, Protein: 0g)
- 125g 10% MF cottage cheese (Calories: 182, Fat: 12g, Carbs: 5g, Protein: 16g)
- 60g old cheddar cheese (Calories: 240, Fat: 10g, Carbs: 4g, Protein: 14g)
- 300g tomato (Calories: 54, Fat: 0g, Carbs: 9g Protein: 3g)
- 500ml 3.25% kefir (Calories: 300, Fat: 16g, Carbs: 22g, Protein: 18g)

Totals: 2421 calories, 186g fat, 46g carbs, 126g protein.

Attached: breakfast.jpg (617x567, 61K)

5'10", 191 lbs. what weight should i get down to before bulking?

Imagine the braps haha

delicious but i'd lower the carbs

OMAD? Looks delicios. Would cut a bit of fat and up the protein to 150 g.

>breakfast: protein bar
>lunch : steamed fish with rice and beans
>dinner: cottage cheese with some veggies
opinions?
i should be under 1500 kcal

Good point. Sometimes I leave kefir out of the refrigerator to ferment more and I'm pretty sure that lowers the carbs but I have no way to know by how much.

And I went a bit overboard on tomatoes but I have too many and don't want them to spoil.

I eat dinner also. That usually gets me plenty of protein.

I know this is kind of a dumb question, but can you dirty cut? I ate a bunch a wings and a coke zero today which I know are really bad for you but I made sure it fit with my calorie intake, so If I kept doing this (like once or twice a week) would I be fine or would I end up looking DYEL

eat whatever you want just not a lot of carbs

You will continue to lose weight but will continue to feel like shit

> die fette Erika
Stromberg thread?

>I eat dinner also.
How much is your TDEE? I'm on a cut with 1800 - 2100 kcal a day and sometimes think I'm not giving enough effort. Just curious, no hate.

What’s the magic number for carbs if I’m cutting w 1500/ day

Whatever is left after getting your protein

DO U CUT TO SKELEY MODE OR BULK TO CHUBBY MODE IF YOUR SKINNYFAT

people need help with this when they finally lose the extreme excess weight they may have

I have no idea. Calorie restriction can cause 40% drops in basal metabolism and overfeeding can cause 50% increases in basal metabolism.

I don't count calories. I just eat as much fat as I can until the thought of food makes me sick. If I'm not hungry I don't eat.

I drank a liter of Pepsi light a few days ago and became incredibly hungry. I'm on a deficit since 8 months and this is the first time I was REALLY hungry while laying in bed. I would say stay away from diet drinks.

Try for zero carbs but it's okay to have a few. Apparently eggs have carbs and they are super healthy so I wouldn't avoid those.

Reduction works for me. You do your thing if it works for you.

cut
cut
cut
when you're skinny fat first you have to lose that fat to become skinny and then clean bulk
dirty bulking is a meme and you will just look like a powerfat

The problem is that it may become harder to eat correctly after cheating so often. In terms of motivation, I think it's easier to don't cheat at all. But if it works for you, then don't sweat it.

for a lot of skinnyfat people in the 160-180 range though it becomes difficult to genuinely cut anymore, you bump up against the 1500 cals a day limit

>I think it's easier to don't cheat at all.
This. At least for this fatso.

Fast. It preserves muscle down to 4% body fat.

Leave Hans alone, he won't do it again.

I ate six or seven cookies like these ones yesterday and today after meal

I have been doing intermittent fasting and ate them after my meal

Is it bad?

Attached: calorias-galletas-300x203.jpg (300x203, 26K)

>fasting
you should ask that in fasting general

The problem is you need high protein consumption while fasting or you will lose lean mass still looking fat.
Sugar is neglectable, bad for digestion, and will easily exceed your calories.

Help me bros. How do I be disciplined to do this? I was motivated a month ago but everything just vanished and I did nothing at all. Stopped with eating clean. Help

Hey frens, could I have an outside observer take a quick look at my meals for the day to make sure I'm not overeating for each one?

I used to be absolutely fucking disgustingly fat and now that I've lost 70 pounds, I'm extremely paranoid about accidentally overeating.

Meal 1
Whole grain oatmeal with a tsp of cinnamon and some almonds on the side, 316 cals

Meal 2
Three eggs (sunny side up) with a bowl of baby carrots, 235 cals

Meal 3
Chicken breast stirfry with broccoli and brown rice, approx. 300 cals

I'll probably have a small apple as a snack before bed too, because I like to eat one piece of fruit a day. But that's not for another 5 hours or so.

>Calorie restriction can cause 40% drops in basal metabolism
please stop with this meme holy fuck
>I just eat as much fat as I can until the thought of food makes me sick.
lmao you're probably not losing any weight, do you record your weight daily?

I went to mummy's house last night and ate
1 ANZAC bikkie
1 chokkie bikkie
3 chocolate bars
half a can of coke
and a yuge chicken dinner with roast veggies, super cheesy and oily

Despite this I think I am probably still under maintenance (although not achieving my goal deficit) because that's very nearly all I had to eat yesterday.

inb4 fungposter shits up the thread

Attached: 1520107569380.jpg (633x758, 62K)

Starting weight 230lbs, lowest weight 160lbs. Current weight 170lbs.

I don't think I will get any leaner, but I am happy with my current body fat. I have been putting on muscle mass. Some of it is probably water weight from creatine.

I cut to 160 then suicide cut to 153. Once you transition from cut to clean bulk you’ll gain water weight and it’ll fuck with your head unless you give yourself some wiggle room

Too many carbs and snacking is terrible.

Are you trying to gain weight?

Point taken re: the carbs, but I really don't care about how bad snacking is when I still eat easily under 1000 calories a day.

>inb4 "b-but you inexplicably gain fifteen hundred pounds when you eat an apple at night several hours after a meal I SWEAR!"

Think of the future

Why assume when you can measure? Did you drink anything besides water and unsweetened tea?

Try to add more protein, how heavy are you and do you work out?

>after 3 weeks of omad 4,5kg/10lb down
>hit pr in almost every lift last week
>this week my fucking squat goes up, so does my ohp
I thought that shouldn't happen. It's not noob gains, i've been lifting for 8 months. Chin ups are understandable, but squats? I was prepared to lose reps after i saw the scale go down.

Attached: 1549129155677.png (370x370, 193K)

Raising your insulin just before bed is not conducive to weight loss.

Keep in mind insulin prevents burning of fat. Your body cannot tap into fat stores until your insulin goes down.

151 now, used to be 220. Like I mentioned, lost 70 pounds, but I'm still chubby.

I really don't care much about being buff, I'd like to just have a completely flat stomach and chest tbqh. So I do cardio and last week started doing some lifting, but I don't really obsess over gains. Matter of fact I envy people in skelly mode.

I'd like to gain some muscle mass but I'd be happy if I lost bodyfat at the same time to balance it out.

When I was losing weight I ate similarly minus the cottage cheese and kefir because of the carbs.

A few heavy lifts will do you more good than cardio

Your breakfast has more calories than many people eat in a day, how tall and heavy are you?

I know carbs are bad, but to be honest I'd rather die than give up apple slices with peanut butter

Best healthy(-ish) snack of all time

I'd rather take slightly longer to lose weight if it means I get to have them things

The wings are not that bad since it is protien and some carbs from the breeding. If you like wings you can probably make your own and make them healthier and tastier(to your own taste) stay the fuck away from soda though. That shit is pure poison.

yeah thats where im at basically, calling it a suicide cut is probably a good word for it. Are you happy you did it? Ive been slightly overweight for half a decade so being called 'lean' nowadays is truly godlike, but now i want to gain actual muscle and look good with a shirt off, not just with it on. Do you recommend going 1500 cals a day and cutting still, or starting to go on a slight surplus and gather up some more noob gains?

Honest question, why are carbs so demonized?

Dietary guidelines recommend 200 to 300 on a 2000-calorie diet. I'm on a 1500 and I eat from 60 - 100 a day, and I'm still losing weight at a healthy and normal pace with added cardio and lifting.

Perhaps it makes you lose weight ever so slightly faster, but why would you sacrifice such a prevalent source of energy (carbs are in nearly every fruit and vegetable, plus all grains) for such a small gain?

I don't fucking get it. I feel like im being tricked. Like im being liked to. I have always been overweight as long as I can remember, but not as bad until now at 240. I am limiting my calories to around 1200 per day but seeing almost no results. Meanwhile I have a skinny friend who I swear I see eating bags of family sized chips, sodas, etc on top of huge lunch and dinner and hes staying the same if not still losing. I askec and he doesn't work out. Hes almost entirely sedentary. Are you people lying about CICO? Was the final blackpill that its entirely hereditary? Asians seem to eat carbs like crazy but have zero issues with weight.

5'9" 170lbs. My dinners are usually just salmon, cod, steak, or ground beef with a fermented vegetable side dish like sauerkraut, kimchi, or dill pickles. I'm not a great chef so I keep it simple.

When I go to my parents for dinner I eat way more calories but they have been eating keto so it's no problem.

I really don't believe it is possible to be fat while eating healthy calories. Dr. Jason Fung describes this as the body's "weight thermostat". Your body will raise metabolism to burn extra calories if you overeat to maintain its set weight.

I stopped counting calories years ago after a great deal of weight fluctuation. High fat low carb works for me. I got to my goal weight and have pretty much been here ever since. The only downside is it is hard to gain weight to put on muscle. I am very weak and my lifts increase very slowly.

I think if I stop taking creatine and lose the water weight from that I would be about 165lbs and would stay there indefinitely.

it's CHEAT DAY fellas! i'm having me some scotch and some huge-ass kung pao chicken for dinner and i'm ready to hate myself tomorrow morning! WOOOO

Attached: 1522398666033.gif (846x744, 23K)

>hungry attack in the middle of the night

Attached: 1527960970030.png (226x223, 6K)

Are you tracking everything?
And how long have you been doing it for?

Don't feel too bad user, it can all be recovered from.
I had literally nothing but candy one day that my bf bought me and I recovered from it in only 3 days, way better than the months-years it takes to lose all the weight in the first place.

A month.

You are eating over your tdee. A little bit. I mean, you're technically lean bulking. If you're a total noob you can continue that way

I tried low carb years ago after realizing I couldn't control myself eating carbs. If I bought a loaf of bread I would eat until it made my stomach feel sick but my brain still wanted more.

On a high fat low carb diet the exact opposite happens. My brain becomes disgusted with the thought of food while my stomach feels great and nourished like I just ate a super healthy meal.

I was never able to lose weight and keep it off until I stopped the carbs.

Lately I have read a lot about hormones and I am a believer in the hormonal theory of obesity. I just don't eat when not hungry, avoid carbs, and go out of my way to get a ton of healthy fats. Somehow I maintain a weight and bodyfat I am happy with. I also replaced all forms of snacking with carbonated water or decaf coffee, which I enjoy sometimes later at night watching a movie or TV show.

That's fantastic, I'm happy for you

Buuuut
I'm just gonna go with my on average 100 whole and un-processed carbs a day, seeing as the average American eats 300+ and usually from white bread and powdered donuts I'm sure I'll live

Asians have a ton of problems with diabetes. They lack adipose tissue so their fat ends up as visceral fat around their organs. Don't look to them for an example.

I recommend Dr. Jason Fung's book "The Obesity Code" if you want some clues as to why you can't lose weight.

Here's a pirated EPUB to help you out:
lib1.org/_ads/177B2E5D676751DA03C38E1D92BE141C

Attached: 177b2e5d676751da03c38e1d92be141c-d.jpg (334x499, 26K)

cool thanks for your advice

>forgot my lunch and only had fast food for options

Attached: .,mkjhb.jpg (937x757, 160K)

always get the grilled chicken and skip the buns and/or dressing if you can

Last time I had fast food I had a grilled chicken sandwich with no sauce and plain baked potato from Wendy's and it was still around 700 calories, or half of my daily intake

Avoid that stuff like the plague

Its a big secret the government has been trying to keep under wraps for awhile now. Sorry you had to find out this way. You have very limited control over weight loss and its basically hardcoded per person.

Sometimes I eat up to 100g of carbs as a treat but maximum once or twice a week. I balance it with intermittent fasting.

I find what works best for me is about 50g of carbs, mostly from full fat dairy. I consider getting the fat to control hunger very important. I have an addictive personality and carbs without fat cause me to get food addiction and overeat. I rarely calculate though and just add it up as a sanity check when I change my diet around.

Keto is under 20g of carbs which I did for a while. I thought the low protein was bad for muscle gains and didn't like avoiding non-aged cheeses so now I'm just low carb high fat. Very high fat. I can't stress enough how important I believe healthy fats to be in the diet.

Yeah I've cut out fast food since New Years but I was rushed this morning because I had 2 exams and was trying to get everything together. I ended up just going to subway and getting a 6 inch turkey and cheese on wheat.

Still annoying though shits like 6 bucks with tax the fuck man

People weren't so obese before the prevalence of sugar and the low fat craze came around. It can't be genetics.

Avoiding healthy fats is what caused the obesity epidemic.

How the fuck are you supposed to lose weight? Eat like a rabbit and only eat leafy green vegetables and maybe chicken/fish? Nearly every food that exists has carbs in it.

Fast

Not him but I dont have sugar. At least not refined ultra bad sugar. Do people just not eat bread, pasta, rice, potatoes anymore? What a terrible scenario.

Just ignore the people that insist their diet plan is the only way to live and eat all three macronutrients in moderation.

I promise you eating an apple and some rice one day isn't going to cause your heart to explode and you to gain 6000 pounds in a night.

Bread and pasta are no goes for me. Refined carbs cause me to overeat.

I do have treats like homemade ice cream on my birthday and cranberry sauce at thanksgiving and Christmas. I have longer fasts after that because I always am ravenously hungry the next day. When I am unreasonably hungry I know I need to fast to get my hormones under control.

When I treat myself to carbs its usually potatoes and/or onions. I always fry them in fat or put a lot of fat on them.

Well its clearly preventing me from losing despite a huge caloric deficit.

Well how many carbs are you having per day?

They won't kill you, but I keep mine under 100 g. That still lets me eat food like potatoes and bread, only in moderation and not every single day.

Is this meal unappealing to you? I don't really miss carbs much at all. Fatty foods are delicious. You just have to get over fat phobia. Skip lean meats and go for fattier cuts. Put oil on vegetables or fry them in fats.

Definitely under 100. I normally have a piece of fruit a day either a banana or pear. Maybe for dinner sometimes ill have something akin to a sweet potato or hamburger bun housing my chicken breast sandwich or something. Its not like im gorging on rice or bread.

That meal will kill you, just in a different way.

>tfw ate 5000 calories of peanut butter right now

Attached: 1551482846253.jpg (1210x881, 361K)

I disagree. Cholesterol and saturated fats are good for health.

All the problems that got blamed on dietary fats were actually from carbs.

What the fuck lmao

How much did you eat? I have two tablespoons of it every other day because it's my favorite food and that's only 200 cals. Did you just guzzle the entire jar?

Diet science seems to change every single week creating new villains. Starting to sound like there isn't actually any certainty and its all individual.

>Have friend who used to eat entire jars almost daily
>Skinny as fuck

Im done with this shit. I drew a bad hand.

I was gonna try and make friends at a pub where they have a group meeting. I haven't seen a friend since april 2018 for 2 weeks, and before that in august 2017. But because I have social anxiety and couldn't see how I could get away with only drinking water at a pub, I turned around at the door and went home. I'll try and make friends after the summer instead.

On the plus side, I did not breach my kcal goal.

you ate close to two pounds of peanut butter?

You're having a lot of fat foods and almost do keto, but I'll your diet is not healthy imo.
Are you successful?

You are tricking yourself into thinking you're eating 1200 kcal.

not sure user, but congrats either way

Closer to Atkins than keto since I don't limit protein.

I never had any diet work well for me long term until I cut carbs to almost nothing. I struggled with weight loss and regain since highschool when I became self conscious about appearance.

Reached my goal weight and have been here since more than a year ago. I have a hard time gaining muscle weight but I don't want to ruin everything by doing the bulk and cut meme.

Keep in mind that one of the healthiest things you can do is not be overweight. If a high fat diet gets you to your goal weight don't stress about anti-fat fearmongering.

Here's a video about cholesterol I think you should watch. This youtube channel has many good videos about diet and blood lipids that are worth checking out. He sources everything, it's not his opinions.

youtube.com/watch?v=b7zWNabebxs

I'm not a doctor but eating like this long term seems like ruining your organs. How are your shits?

My shits are not unpleasant. Not bulky because I don't get much fibre, but soft. Like soft serve ice cream.

I'm not convinced fibre is beneficial. I have tried drinking vegetable smoothies and supplementing fibre with psyllium but struggled with terrible hemorrhoids. This convinced me I needed _more_ fibre and my hemorrhoids got even worse to the point I was in agony standing at my computer instead of sitting down.

Not eating fibre actually cured them completely. I have heard other people say fasting cured their hemorrhoids. It's just an anecdote but I prefer my poops with low fibre.

You’re making excuses, user. You know how to lose weight. Stop eating processed foods and only drink water

The more you need to wipe the worse. Healthy shits need little to no wiping. Eating an excess of calories and not being able to build muscle seems worrying.

i hope you feel better user, i wish for you to have an enjoyable life

I'm not on steroids. My muscles are just fine for lifting naturally.

I don't see why you would tie fecal health to wipes. I think my now healed hemorrhoids were a better indication of defecation quality.

Im ready to give up, this is tiring.