Who here never trains legs unironically?

Who here never trains legs unironically?
Only leg work I do is sumo dl but I nevet squat.
Am I fucking myself up?

Attached: images (62).jpg (554x554, 33K)

I struggle.

I have big legs and calves from like 15 years of obesity so they look good but they're pretty weak as far as lifts go.

The rest of me is DYEL so I don't wanna go T-Rex.

>don't train the lower half of your body
>don't train the body part most important for athleticism
>look like a retard with a big upper body and chicken legs
>Am I fucking myself up?

Nah.

My legs are so genetically gifted, they are just huge by nature since I was a child.
After I conditioned them with lots of running and martial arts, they look absolutely picture perfect.
In comparison, I am struggling to pack on mass on my upper body, it always seems flabby and small compared to my godly legs.
So if I actually trained legs with heavy weights, I would be stuck in eternal T-Rex mode.

Everyone who says this is dyel as fuck.
Post your wheels so i can laugh

>>athleticism

Are you an athlete?

I don't but that's because I was a college distance runner who couldn't bench 100lbs but could squat over 400 pretty easy.

t. powershatter

I stopped squats bc I hit T-rex mode now I just dl,hyperextensions, some machine work and jump rope. I miss Squats.Fave exercise..

no he watches jason blaha. I watch his vids every time i do the dishes or stuff like that, and he says stuff like that weekly

I suppose I am technically since I have competed. Not what I meant though. Athleticism is important for everyone.

My legs are naturally big because obese most of my life. Lost the weight, but nicely developed quads and calves. Don’t see a reason to train them anymore. Just upper body nao

Deadlifts - Leg workout.. user I...

Why would you intentionally do sumo?

I've always had oversized legs in proportion to the rest of my body, I used to bike a lot too which also helped to shape them, I don't play sports, I don't train for the olympics, no one gives a shit if you can squat 2pl8 irl. There's no point for me to risk fucking up my back 20 years down the road.

if you don't care about having bigger legs you're not doing anything wrong m8. I even take it to the next level and don't train back because I think big lats make you look retarded lol

you might run into problems later on because you aren't training your hip flexors, but that's really it. you can train hip flexors with hanging knee and leg raises if you're worried.

Most definitely. You're overlooking the part of your body that generates the most testosterone when trained. Plus, a more full physique is always more aesthetically pleasing

I was fat and got fit by doing gay ass triathalons/marathons so my legs are big enough

Typically when people would ask about training, I'd say it depends on your goals.
Athleticism/ functional strength? Yeah legs are important.
Appealing to girls? Gloots for the sloots man
Sex? Thrusting power
Posture and health? I mean it's just the shit that helps you walk sit and stand, not like you're using em that much

Sure you don't need to train them as hard as upper body (diminishing returns) but imo yeah you should fit in at least the basics (squat and a hip hinge) as a basis of your program.

you dont do squats?

I mean you're fucking yourself up for not realizing that compound barbell movements like the squat aren't "legs" but rather legs, ass, back, and abs. Literally everything except shoulder/arms.

Similar for a PROPER deadlift. (if you sumo, kys)

Also the training effect of the squat makes your other lifts stronger as well.

So yeah, pretty retarded to not squat.

Is sumo less effective, or something?

Of course it's less effective. The ROM is much smaller, the movement basically replicates a 1/4 squat--but you already squat (if you aren't stupid), so what's the point?

And it doesn't make your back nor hip extensors nearly as strong as a proper deadlift which is the point of the whole fucking thing to begin with. The way the deadlift makes your backstrong as fuck is by having a long-ass moment arm from the force of the weight to your hips, achieved by a very-horizontal back. The sumo deadlift takes all that away.

The sumo deadlift has no place in any strength program. It should only be done by people wishing to lift the maximum numbers in competition.

Is it bad that I just do box squats for legs?

It's bad because box squats are dangerous, especially for idiot novices like you, and you should just do a proper squat.

Damn, this sucks. I've been doing sumos instead of regulars because I feel like I can't get proper form going, it's like I'm not flexible enough? I feel like I have a slight thoracic curve when I start the lift.

Deadlifts are the easiest lift to learn. Just follow the stupid 5 step method from Starting Strength. You basically can't fuck it up.

You are almost certainly sufficiently flexible.

why

I'm never confident in my lifts, either. I'm sure I could be hitting much better PRs if I just attempted to.

This. Adding more mass burns more calories too, especially legs.

Based. Literally never seen anybody say that and also have qualiy legs

So read Starting Strength and learn to lift? It's not just a program, even if you're a body builder it's worth reading. 90% of the book is literally mechanics/technique.

Also, I never go for 1RM PRs. If you're not competing, why would you? True 1RMs are dangerous.

what kind of bar bends that much from only 405

If this wasn’t true, he’d post legs.

my legs are too big from years of football + high frequency heavy squats
all i do is front squat maybe twice a month now
fuck legs lol

I like that you're stupid enough to choose the front squat as your singular squat exercise.

I feel that. I did SS 5x5 for a bit then made up my own routine, but I neglected to add deads cause I didn't believe in them. Boy was I wrong, I believe in them wholeheartedly now. Been lifting about a year.

explain the issue with front squats
i do them because i find them more fun than back squats
i literally do 3x1 like twice a month
i'm finally starting to escape t-rex mode
any suggestions on how to improve what i'm doing? or you just calling me stupid for the sake of it?

Why the fuck would someone chose to do this to themselves

>explain the issue with front squats

Front squats are executed with a very vertical back angle. This means that the hammies are very short and cannot effectively contribute to the movement.

Because you're only using quads and because you have to maintain such a vertical back angle, both the weight and the repetitions you can do are limited.

In a normal squat, the hammies are move involved, and you can do more weight, for more reps. So you're getting stronger than you would if you were front squatting. Your quads will be stronger if they're extending with 400 lbs on your back than with 300 lbs on your shoulders.

You are willingly choosing to the movement that uses less weight and works fewer muscles over the one that uses more weight and works more muscles. So you're willingly choosing to be weaker and use the less effective movement.

This is why your choice is stupid. Was that clear enough for you?

because I was sick of having "26 legs with a 30" waist & 40" glutes you stupid faggot fuck off and kill yourself you cancer patient
fucking explain what the issue is you mouth breathing degenerate
i hope your mother slowly dies of cancer for raising such a dumbass fuck yourself

life feels better when you train your legs, it's like you're walkin on air man.

>only does 3 front squats a month
>jeez you stupid people need to help me
Wew

Attached: don't mind the cap.jpg (525x684, 304K)

i literally never asked for help you mongoloid i'm developing my body in a manner that I'm satisfied with
I was answering OP's question by saying that I hardly squat anymore because I had no desire to continue training my lower body and you called me a dumbass for it
i hope the local imam calls an IED on your house you degenerate sack of shit go kill yourself

> you called me a dumbass for it

No he didn't, I did. I'm

I bet Your legs look terribly small

>Who here never trains legs unironically?
How the fuck would you do it "ironically?"

Squat a couple plates on the rack then scream: "LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO IMAGINE" and walk out?

I understand that front squats develop less muscle so i chose to do them with extremely low volume to purposely de-train my legs because i was sick of being in t-rex mode
what's not to understand

Leg presses and half squats.

>extremely low volume to purposely de-train my legs

Well, I mean, regardless of everything else you've said, this makes you stupid.

Why wouldn't you just maintain and focus on building your upper body? Purposely de-training? Wat?

You could literally just do 1x5 back squat once a week and maintain.

Dumbass.

I only do squats and deadlift.

>leg extension not even once

I do train legs but not very often because I train them quite alot when on my job. I still feel like they are a bit small compared to the upper, is it a serious/urgent matter to fix?

Attached: IMG_20190225_012554.jpg (2736x3648, 1.52M)

i love squatting, shit feels so good
squatting heavy then nutting on a bitch face, peak quality of life