Do mirrors fuel our body dysmorphia?

Do mirrors fuel our body dysmorphia?

Has anyone told you were getting bigger but you didn't see it?

Attached: Webp.net-resizeimage.gif (208x208, 2.55M)

Who is that?

Attached: nut.gif (367x265, 558K)

taylor hill

I don't look in the mirror because when I do I always have to spit at my reflection

I dont see it in mirrors but whenever i glance at my reflection in a window im walking by i look good

Jow Forums fuels my body dysmorphia. I'm 200lbs and you guys still call me a twink whenever I post body.

will the Wild make the playoffs bros??

Attached: BBBAFCF9-EFE9-4733-986F-45188384EF86.jpg (777x823, 113K)

Every DYEL thinks they have body dysmorphia when, in fact, they just look like shit.
t. DYEL

>people make jokes about how big I am in reality
>biggest guys in the gym use me as example when talking about big people
>look big in photos
>see little kid when I look down or in the mirror

Idk about that but I look more attractive face wise but then in photos I look uglier. Which is a better representation: mirror or photo?

nah every lean guy thats 1 or 2 years in usually calls it body dysmorphia even though theyre not big enough to have it

>youre so big user!
>wait you wanna get bigger? why would you do that?
>youre pretty strong to me, do you really need to put on so much weight on your squat?

they never understand

Attached: 1520667911011.png (499x680, 681K)

Since I started noticing results I always mire myself whenever I see my reflection.

I don’t feel much bigger. And the scale says I haven’t gain much weight. But every time I visit my hometown (like every 12-18 months) people act like I’m getting huge! Maybe everyone, my family included, has this image of me as a perpetual 17 year old.

Attached: 2FC4C2AA-1A95-4C26-9095-BE6595BC06E9.jpg (369x554, 23K)

Haha yeah who would look in the mirror and check their progress haha lol

Imagine doing a pose routine like in your room hahaha wow lmao who would do that

Attached: images(12).jpg (292x173, 7K)

post body

people ask me if ive grown (height) every time i see them for the past 10 years. i havent grown, they just remember me being a short kid.

That's because our journey to the peak of Olympus is daunting to the mortals.

Do it for you, show them how much farther you can rise.

Attached: drinking.jpg (357x357, 74K)

Mirror:
- life sized
- real time
- infinite resolution
- perfect accurate lighting and color
- 3 dimensional
- the actual photons that come off your body bounce off the mirror and back into your eyes
- a literal copy of you standing behind the mirror
- the only inaccuracy is the horizontally flipped image

Camera/Photo:
- camera lens distortion
- small image
- limited resolution
- inaccurate lighting and color
- 2 dimensional
- sensor distortion
- image is displayed on some kind of monitor or display which introduces further distortions
- hurr durr it shows your face the right way around, that means its more accurate hurr durr

1. Is it really body dysmorphia if you assess yourself, accurately, to have a 90th percentile body but strive for the 1 in 100, 1 in 1,000, 1 in a million level body?

maybe if you set up a bunch of mirrors so you can see yourself from different angles
same angle everytime fucks with your perception

I’m 5’9 205 and I worry about cutting weight, aylmao. Regardless of my height I am able to carry the weight rather well, though.

I have a slightly asymmetric face and in the mirror I don't notice it and think I look fine. Photos where the image is flipped I actually look like a literal fucking mongoloid. Hurts my confidence bros

Attached: amerimutt.jpg (250x197, 8K)

this so much
in a mirror my right eye is slightly higher than left but in pics it's exaggerated to a comical degree kek

imagine being in the western conference and not making the playoffs

Attached: a13.png (531x376, 283K)

>Had plenty of hot girls interested in me and pursue me
>Ex was hot and physically pursued me a lot as well
>Believe I'm ugly as fuck despite all of this

Anyone else? Can you have body dysmorphoria where you view yourself as ugly when you're not?

>driving somewhere with friends
>inna passenger seat
>see myself in side mirror
>look pretty damn good, mire myself for a bit
>later get my picture taken on my birthday
>see the pic
>look like I had a stroke

Attached: crying partyhat.png (658x901, 84K)

>Go to barber
>Asks how high I want my sideburns
>Say just on eye level
>Shaves off sideburns and compares them if its done right
>Starts laughing
>user your face is asymmetrical hahahaha
>He cant stop laughing
>Awkwardly laugh back

Attached: 1538748035259.jpg (577x577, 49K)

Best thing is to keep training and diet sound, keep an eye on mid to long term trends on the scale and don't look in the mirror too much.

You should do more flyes.

Dude you’re hella fat. Cut

Fuck you and your cat picture.

But user, what if he's 10% bf?

Post tummy.

>Has anyone told you were getting bigger but you didn't see it?
Everyday

Attached: Dt1F9NDUwAEJ_bG.jpg (759x829, 48K)

yes literally everybody in my life is saying 'wow user you look great/muscular/buff' but to me im still a butterball. although i have lost 55 labels and put on maybe 20-25 labels of muscle since i started. i can see changes in the mirror but not what others see

fucking based and motherfucking redpilled. best post 2019

Looking down at my own body does it. The only thing that makes me realize I've grown is when I see myself in pictures other people took.

You would think so but it ain’t even that bad chief, if I get down to 185-190 I’ll be satisfied. I’ve been in the 160 range that’s “normal” for my height and I was a skelly

Attached: 5C10CF7B-7327-4357-8C4F-4D45DF2F74C4.png (640x478, 468K)

This
>seen my pics posted in Jow Forums goals thread
>some other Jow Forums motherfucker asks me DYEL in another thread

>Hey user you're a lot stronger than you look
>T-Thanks

Attached: 1525748929013.png (300x381, 126K)

/Thread

anime?

i dont have any mirrors in my home and the one at work has been broken for months

that's because mirrors are haunted and i cant allow my doppleganger to see my gains while i'm training to murder him

Attached: 1484886051522.jpg (540x720, 125K)

what kinda gay ass LARP is this

Your mind fuels body dysmorphia. Mental illness isnt real, humans made it up.

I've been told im getting big, and that my ass looks better than ever, but i look at the mirror and see the same dude, what the fuck is this

It hurts...

Attached: 1-bruceboudreau-mug.jpg (376x520, 39K)

whatever works dude

An adult male weights at least 220 lbs, twink.

Attached: 1515519667917.png (164x169, 64K)

my friend's girlfriend told me I got big but she always tries to get my attention and I don't believe her

>>seen my pics posted in Jow Forums goals thread
>>some other Jow Forums motherfucker asks me DYEL in another thread
hahahahahahhahahahahahq fuck

220kg***

Elon Musk not looking too good.

a fellow bloatmaxxer i see

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Reverse imaged it for you pal, jagi hokuto no ken

WTFME2
One of my eyelids has slightly more lid exposure but whenever I take a photo and it's flipped I look like a downy with a fat lazy eye

Mirrors are deceptive as fuck, they're clearer than photos, but your brain autosmooths imperfections. My face isn't symmetrical, one eye is just a LITTLE bit lower. Only see it in my license photos. Never notice in the mirror.