Shoes & muscles

>been squatting in socks at my gym for a year now
>gym people threatened to ban me if I didn't get shoes
>finally got a pair of pic related the other day
>squats felt more stable, but somehow harder
>legs hurt like crazzzzyy the next day
I figure squatting with the shoes has caused me to distribute the weight to new muscle groups or something. Or am I not used to them and letting them fuck up my form somehow? Why do my legs hurt so much more with lifting shoes at the same weight as usual?

Attached: adidas-powerlift-2-0-weight-lifting-shoes-s77952-side.jpg (800x800, 83K)

Because you've been squatting on your body's natural support system, and then moved to a shoe with an elevation on it. Buy a zero drop shoe/minimalist shoe, that way you're still using your natural form

Everyone says Chuck Taylor’s and to stop being such a particular faggot.

goddamnit, the last time I made this thread, the majority told me shoes are good. I figured the powerlifts were a good compromise between chucks and adipowers.

they are good

they are bad

why must u do this to me fit. I just spent 50 bucks on these shoes.

Attached: misc-jackie-chan-l.jpg (1500x843, 114K)

I squat in vans authentics and they're great

Attached: Screenshot_20190327-212137.png (2048x1721, 1.65M)

or vans
don't overthink it OP.
>legs hurt like crazzzzyy the next day
is it DOMS or "i am injured" soreness?
If it's DOMS continue lifting in your new shoes.

i found my vastus medialis to get hit harder with oly shoes over regular flat shoes

just keep going. theres a reason that the chinks squatting 600lb at 170lb bodyweight are using oly shoes

Attached: quadriceps-vastus-medialis-highlight-sq-m.jpg (300x300, 9K)

Don't worry so much. Maybe consider resetting your squat so your legs have a little more room to adapt.

Theyre fcuking shoes don’t get worked up over them, and all they do is provide heel elevation. You’ve been squatting at on a flat surface so the change feels different. Either chucks, which btw at Marshall’s are $20, or adidapowers it doesn’t matter which ones you wear as long as your form is good and you’re hitting depth

Sure, it has nothing to do with being state sponsored athletes, with state sponsored doping programs, selected as children to be weightlifters based on natural ability and proportions.

>vans
Basically. Admittedly, as my squats increase (~280lbs 1rm) I get more curious about Adi powerlifts.

some (including myself) find squat shoes to pitch them forward too much. i feel little to no glute engagement with adipowers on, and feel slightly weaker compared to in chucks. i don't see a point lifting in shoes that limit my perceived power output.

It just gives heel elevation and stability (heavier sole/heel, won't shift around during lift). They are perfectly fine and you will get used to any discomfort

nah its all about them kicks'

>adipowers highlight my good morning squats and .ake me feel weak

You're obviously larping about ever having worn them, but your post is still fucking stupid.

You must squat at least 3 plates to post on this board.

it's DOMS but it's crazy DOMS the likes of which I haven't experiences with squats for several months now. Some bro at the gym told me that this is because the shoes allow me to shift my centre of gravity a little further back, so the weight of the squat is distributed more to the quads and less to my back and abs.

this exactly what I noticed. Normal quadricep pain got more intense, and I felt it in the muscles in your pic, which I've never experienced before. I wonder if hitting those muscles is a good or a bad sign with regard to protecting oneself from knee injury.

you mean dropping the weight down a little bit and building back up?

Wearing lifts effectively increases your ankle flexibility, meaning you can get your knees a little further forward and thus make your squat a bit more upright and quad dominant. It also allows a little more depth without buttwink/losing tension, so you might either be going deeper than normal, or be cutting the squat at a depth you’re not used to. Just keep doing it and you’ll adjust.

Say goodbye to 95% of the board

Sounds amazing

Yeah. You're adapted to doing them at a certain angle, so drop it some if the new angle makes you too sore.

I use adidas sambas. They look like old school soccer shoes, but they're flat and perfect for squat/deadlift.

>tfw ridiculous feet
>bunions and wide
>hate to stretch out my copas as a kid because they were the only soccer cleat stretchy enough
Are there any wide weightlifting shoes?

Chucks on leg/backday and adipowers for heavy squats whenever I do them. Adipowers feel so good to squat in, unfortunately they're really uncomfortable to wear for long.

How would the adidas crazypower tr or Reebok nano be for an “everything” gym shoe?

You get more quad activation because, you know, you're doing the movement correctly.