Alright fuck it

Alright fuck it
Squats are garbage for me. Can i get aesthetic legs just with sumo deadlifts and accesories like leg curls and leg extensions?

Attached: Screenshot_20190325-223759_Tapped Out.jpg (2220x1080, 1.41M)

just squat what's the problem

All my lifts are progressing and going through the roof with progressive overload. Minus squats, ive been squatting the same miserable 180lbs sometimes 205lbs but mostly i cant even rep out the 180. Its ridiculous. I bench 180 for reps its so stupid. And i deadlift wayy more, 350 5x5. It doesnt matter how much i train them i just cant make progress with my squats

"I'm weak so I'll give up and do other exercises in hopes of not being weak."

Your form is probably garbage and you're probably not eating enough.

I squat ass to grass and im in a caloric surplus. Total of 3200 more or less. Didnt you read my other lifts are progressing? You fucking retard stop making assumptions about me fuck you

Deadload, increase volume and work back up to your current weight

High bar or low bar? Where's your sticking point (the point where you stall out and fail the lift)?

>I squat ass to grass

Why do you think that means good form? Don't you realize there are other variables? And why do you think squatting ass to grass is better than below parallel?

Squatting below parallel is well within the range of the functional benefits of the movement and allows you to do more weight, thereby making you stronger.

No reason to ATG unless you're an olympic lifter.

> Didnt you read my other lifts are progressing? You fucking retard stop making assumptions about me fuck you

So? I can easily progress on a squat with a 3000 calorie diet but my bench gets fucked without a larger surplus. Stop getting so hostile.

dude you gotta be doing something wrong, i can only bench 160 3x5 and deadlift 280 3x5 and i can squat 235 for 3x5. post a form check or something.

>No reason to ATG unless you're an olympic lifter.

kys

Obviously high bar, a true ATG isn't really possible with low bar unless you have obscene mobility.

Is that Sneed's Feed and Seed (Formerly Chuck's) in the woods?

Convincing counter-argument.

ATG results in slack hamstrings, thereby increasing knee-sheer at the quad tendon and potentially resulting in tendinitis or other issues. A lot of people report knee issues with the squat, and this is one of the big reasons why it happens.

People who meme the stupid ATG or bust with their faggot 300 lb squats are seriously the biggest memes. Obviously the point is that you're a pussy or something if you don't do ATG, but who is stronger--the guy who squats 300 lbs ATG or 400 bellow parallel? So who's the real pussy?

High bar, idk man its the lowest part of the lift that is hardest 4 me. But all throughout i feel like dying.

I squat below paralel, high bar and usually dont move the horizontal path of the bar.

Frens should I switch to PPL? Like having a day only to squat, deadlift and then accesories. I currenty do shoulders before squatting and ohp really tires me out, cut that be a factor? On my other days I bench and deadlift first, maybe thats why I am stronger and progressing in those

Sorry fren. I had a bad day

There a bunch of variables to adjust. If you want to make squatting your focus, you should definitely do it first, before OHP.

Or having a separate day just for squatting is also a good idea. I do a 4 day strength split like this and have a found a lot of success just having one day to focus on each of the lifts.

Technically, you could also be deficient. Need to see a video or something.

You could also consider switching to a low bar squat and seeing how that goes. The nice thing with a low bar squat is that Starting Strength exists, which literally has like 100 pages detailing exactly how to do it correctly. No such resource exists for the high bar squat, unfortunately. I guess Greg Everett's Olympic Weightlifting book might be an okay guide, although that guy is kind of an idiot.

Finally, 3200 calories isn't very much. Especially for someone trying to gain, unless you're an insane manlet. It *could* literally be diet, even if you don't like to hear that.

Slow out of the hole makes me think you're letting your low back round and tuck your butt under at the very bottom of the lift. So maybe try low bar just barely breaking parallel (will take some getting used to) or if that still sucks maybe switch to front squats (will take a lot of getting used to)

> maybe switch to front squats (will take a lot of getting used to)

Don't do this. See my response here as to why:

Hamstrings don't contribute majorly to any squat you dingus.

> Hamstrings don't contribute majorly to any squat you dingus.

Hamstrings are hip extensors, knee stabilizers, and also function isometrically in all squat variations to maintain the back angle.

When the hamstrings are shortened due to a more vertical back angle, they cannot effectively contract more because they're already so short, and this leaves hip extension up to essentially just the glutes. That's one of the reason the front works less muscle than the back squat--it leaves out the hammies. This is also why the low bar squat uses more hammies--the back angle is more horizontal.

You know nothing.

What, did you not like the answers you got when you posted this exact thread this morning?

Attached: normal.jpg (970x1024, 152K)

If your hamstrings actually shortened during the concentric portion of your squat when coming out of the hole then you wouldn't go anywhere, regardless of bar position because at that point the knee extension demands are so high that any attempt by the hamstrings to change length will result in you literally not moving. Try it, stand up and do an air squat right now and then do it again and actively try to engage your hamstrings. You will not move. Now as you near lockout your hamstrings to play a role in aiding the glutes with hip extension, but that's because the demands for knee extension are so much less.

You move more weight lowbar and highbar than you do with a front rack position not because you use more hamstrings, but because of the actual change in the mechanics of the lift. No muscles are turned on any more or less.

You are at the peak of mount stupid.

> Not realizing that the hamstrings cross two joints.

Idk what youre talking about

Idk, low bar feels wrong for me. 3200 cals are just fine, i mean, i am gaining weight and my lfits are getting stronger, just not my squat. Yeah im gonna try out having a lower body day only. Imma need all my energy and focus on squats.

Take my word for it, form is not a problem, i would upload a video but i dont have any atm. My form is pretty good, the only thing i do wrong sometimes is that i land my right leg first, idk how to explain it, it has something to do with my hip joint, but whenever i notice it i fix it right away. I also have scoliosis so that might be why one side of my hips is misplaced

>not buying the sneed's feed and seed building in the simpsons mobile game
You had one fucking job user

Attached: sneed.png (250x188, 67K)

As far as your squatting issue goes I actually had the same problem when I started lifting (I also have scoliosis if that matters) I saw everyone else doing heavier squats than bench and other upper body movements but I was the opposite, eventually I started doing deadlifts and I was amazed by how much I could lift with that and not squat (I could power clean more than I could squat) what I realized about 27 weeks in was that I actually could squat the weight I just let pain tell me no, my problem was leg flexibility so I started doing basic stretches as well as focusing on the lift not the discomfort. Maybe you have a similar issue, I would recommend toe touches, butterflies, and splits. Maybe your problem something else, I don't know but that's just my experience