Why don't i look super swole yet

hi.

i've been lifting for a year and a half now, and i got my numbers up pretty well but don't understand why my legs and butt aren't super massive and hot yet. lift ~4hrs a week and do mostly 5s with the basic barbell stuff and some 10s with like banded deads, hip thrusts, and some row variations

squat 1rm is 200lbs and deadlift is 300lbs now

Attached: IMG_0494.jpg (1677x3024, 1.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbelts.net/Powerlifting-Belts/Prime-Cut.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>squat 1rm is 200lbs and deadlift is 300lbs
Your legs will get bigger once you start lifting heavy and drop the baby weight

uh hello?

Attached: IMG_4875.jpg (3264x2448, 2.4M)

how is that not heavy. there's only one girl in my fitness discord that deads more than me

Attached: IMG_3421.jpg (3264x2448, 1.82M)

Do more volume for hypertrophy.

>how is that not heavy
5/10 you got me

Attached: 1553656025467.jpg (240x240, 7K)

How tall are you?

You're a girl?
I assumed that you were a guy. If you're a girl than the weight isn't that bad. If you want bigger legs and butt then you probably need to change up your rep scheme.
When you go to the gym perform your lifts for 3x12 and make sure that you're hitting your muscles twice a week.

5'6" ~145lbs now

started out at 125lbs

it seems like most girls who've lifting as long as me have higher squat but lower deads. for a while i was doing the 3x12 rep schemes bret contreras style but i guess i can try it some more. the banded deads and hip thrusts i do for 10s already

Attached: IMG_1653.jpg (3264x2448, 2.44M)

Idk but u look super gay rn

How you look is measured by your diet, also your legs won’t look thicc as fuck unless you put on mass. Unless your diet is trash idk why you don’t look better maybe it’s genetic

well i put on 20lbs over these 18 months. do i need to bulk until i'm fat?

Attached: IMG_4439.jpg (3264x2448, 2.02M)

>squat 1rm is 200lbs

A 200 lb squat is not good, even for a girl. An untrained little twig of a man can do that. How much muscle do you expect?

When I used to do Olympic lifting, plenty of the 60ish kg female lifters at my club could do 130+ for a single.

i knowww. seems like half the lifting girls can at least manage 2 plate and i'm a bit behind them; but my deadlift is amazing so it kinda evens out?

anyway i'm working on it

Attached: IMG_3510 2.jpg (3264x2448, 2M)

Doesn't really "even out", kinda woman logic.

Yeah, keep progressing. It's not something to be ashamed of or anything, and anyone that squats 130 kg + at one point could only do 90 kg.

Have you thought of doing hip thrusts?

Tbh doing them for a couple weeks I can generally manage to squat better, since my ass usually lags behind even if I squat heavy.

I have a big butt desu but in terms of strength it varies depending on how "activated" my ass is.

>Have you thought of doing hip thrusts?

Hip thrusts are a meme. It's essentially just isolating the hip extension portion of both the deadlift and the squat--but what's the point? Just deadlift and squat.

She wants a bigger ass.

Do 5pl8 Hip thrusts for reps and tell me your ass doesn't balloon.

i started out doing strong curves so i've done tons of hip thrusts, and still do. banded deads seem to help a lot too if i squeeeeeeze hard at the top.

like i'm getting the glute burn; but my butt still seems so small for how much work i'm putting in :(

Attached: IMG_4806.jpg (3264x2448, 2.12M)

Deadlift and squat heavy and tell me your ass doesn't balloon--both these movements involve a hip thrust with a larger ROM than a normal hip thrust.

i actually got to where i could do over 3 plate hip thrusts for 5s. still did lower hip thrusts for 8-12s but wanted to see how hard i could push them lol

Attached: IMG_2651.jpg (3264x2448, 2.55M)

Mirin the belt. How thick is it?

Are you gunning for a higher squat overall or a huge ass? Throw in heavy ass lunges.

My goto:
Hip thrust
Squat
Dead
Lunges

That's all I ever do besides accessories. I'm not trying to do PL anymore.

I know they do, but if they aren't working then what more CAN you do?

If you want to talk about deadlifts for ass SLDL are pretty god tier. But direct glute work tends to work best for me. So that's the reason I'm recommending it.

I got away with getting bigger legs from squatting and deadlifting 24/7 from smolov but after a while my legs started getting bigger and not my ass.

>t. low bar

Do you use those cotton and alcohol swaps to inject your roids :)

Also, is the discord you mentioned public?

Are all these food pictures the shit you eat OP? No wonder you aren't making gains. Squat heavier and eat chicken and steak you fucking faggot

> If you want to talk about deadlifts for ass SLDL are pretty god tier.

I'm really against any assistance movements that aren't required for progression. If you want a huge ass, you should get a huge squat/deadlift.

My ass is fucking huge. I squat nearly 440 x 5 and I'm deadlifting 483 x 5 tomorrow. I'm not saying these numbers are "huge" (they aren't), but they're decent imo. I don't do anything else and no assistance lifts for these two.

I don't know why people think some exercises will give you an ass and others won't, when literally all these exercises use the glutes for hip extension.

How much do you weigh and how big is your ass I want to see it now

Not everyone is for squatting shit tons of weight. You probably have a decent ass but compared to some football player who's doing hipthrusts and sled runs he's probably got a massive donkadonk.

Sure you can build it doing nothing but squats and deads but if you're not a PL what's the point in trying to progress so heavy?

Also I refuse to believe any of those stats are legit from only squats and deadlifts. You either have some fucking god tier knees and hamstrings or you're bullshitting.
Or have terrible form.

Almost everyone I know who does PL'ing competitively has done some form of accessory and consistently does it so they don't fuck their shit up

> How much do you weigh

214, 6'0"

> I want to see it now

no

> what's the point in trying to progress so heavy?

to be the strongest pokeman that you can be

> You either have some fucking god tier knees

Part of the adaptation of a correct squat are joint-strengthening adaptations.

But, you're not entirely wrong here--I had bad quadriceps tendinitis for a long time (which you feel in the knees). Only thing that fixed it was switching to low bar squats, which places most of the loading on the hips.

My numbers are not so ridiculous, and you'll find a number of people on the Starting Strength forums that linearly progressed as novices to similar numbers. These people are rare, but they do exist.

People on Jow Forums lift for aesthetics, aren't willing to eat a 2,000 calorie surplus, and generally are uneducated. As a result, their squat/deadlift numbers are shit to such a degree that something like a 400 x 5 squat seems unobtainable.

It's not even the idea of it being unobtainable it's the audacity for you to say NOT to do accessories along the progression.

That does not make any sense. But now I get it.

heavy lunges do seem like a good idea. thanks :)

uhh belt is 4"?

bestbelts.net/Powerlifting-Belts/Prime-Cut.aspx

no i think i was cleaning my phone or something. discord is not public, and does not allow men.

pic for you

Attached: IMG_1702.jpg (3264x2448, 2.14M)

post ass please

> it's the audacity for you to say NOT to do accessories along the progression.

It's not audacious, I think people just misunderstand the purpose of accessory work.

Accessory work exists to drive sufficient adaptation to be able to progress on the main lifts. If you're able to progress without the accessory, then there's no point in doing it.

I'll definitely need the accessory work soon enough, but until I do, there's no reason to waste your time/recovery on it.

On the flip side, I 100% need accessory work on the bench/press. Can't progress without it.

Neato. cool belt.

Also don't rush the lunges you need that shit to burn your ass during each rep.

that *is* my ass in op lol

Attached: IMG_3017.jpg (3264x2448, 2.07M)

wtf is that shit

do you heat it or something

nice ti-84 tho

how do you not know about essential oils lol

Attached: IMG_2055.jpg (4032x3024, 2.18M)

Okay see that makes more sense.

You're not talking the pic from the right angle

Attached: IMG-20190327-WA0002.jpg (720x804, 60K)

I don't know dude. I'm a forever alone faggot with no friends and practically zero possessions aside from my computer shit.

Yeah. This is purely from the perspective of strength work, though. BB is a whole other game and I don't know much about it since I don't do it.

Thanks for not calling me a stupid LARPing faggot.

Attached: |.png (210x169, 32K)

Just buy some expensive elastic super tight jeans or yoga pants. Mold your shit. It’s what every other girl does. Or get surgery. Working out doesn’t necessarily have that big an impact for everyone depending on insertions

Attached: IMG_2330.jpg (1472x3024, 901K)

Stop wasting time deadlifting. Put that time/effort towards squats/lunges.

Deadlifitng is a meme exercise to inflate numbers, when old grannies can do 400lbs you should know it's fucking useless

oh fuck, you don't exactly need a bigger ass baby baby, yours is already quite cute

Basically throw in hypertrophy work and boom. BB

You're welcome user I like you.

O shit OP you're pretty hot.

How do I get my gf to lift.

> unironically thinks lunges are more effective than deadlifts (or even effective at all)

> unironically thinks lifts with large ROMs that allow you to lift heavy weight must be useless because the weight is heavy

> unironically doesn't realize that the deadlift allows you to lift a low of weight because it uses a lot of muscle mass, thereby strengthening a lot of muscle mass and causing adaptation in a lot of muscle mass

> unironically probably thinks 10 lb wrist curls are the best exercise

just work out harder; do the fluff stuff, download the fit repository
you are going to be like 'i know' when i m like you arent training for mass if you have a thread about being strong but not big. someone didnt learn about the cns's function;expression in lifting by now

Can someone translate this post for me??

Attached: F0FE5891-DD3C-4484-84CA-3C129BE520C2.jpg (4032x3024, 3.47M)

DYEL but still looks pretty good

i also bet your form sucks. it doesnt matter how big your numbers are at a certain point, with the whole lifting for looks vs strength shit.. theres a middle ground where you seem to understand building a body and lifting without an ego, and you end up physically representing that.no newfag, if you post here you need to understand the lingo.
training for mass and strength arent the same. do you know what cns stands for?

Attached: 1409763739605.jpg (1573x476, 169K)

Lift big eat big don't give up

I'm a bit of a noobie here, call me a faggot but w/e, when you guys say 3 or 5 plates, does that mean the weight of 3/5 plates total or 3/5 plates on each side?

Assume central nervous system

Each side

Attached: Frank on Strength and Size.png (736x229, 24K)

Thassa lotta weight nice

Thanks I’ve been training hard. Just kind of annoying that I’m still so small...

Attached: Quad Mass Strength.png (696x287, 32K)

OP, w-would a girl care if i married her and had a live-in cute femboy on the side to help pay rent and fill in when she wasn’t in the mood?

Asking for a friend, pls don’t get mad

Attached: BBE21CA6-5BAC-4280-93D0-CDB3540B9E21.jpg (945x1024, 293K)

Also why did you post this 3x5 squat program with your rant about training for mass? I know 8-12 range is more for hypertrophy, which is why I do some deads and hip thrusts in that range

What is your form like and how deep do you go? You do go below parallel, right op?

I think deadlifts are shit because I see tiny fucks lifting 400lbs regularly, thus giving me the correct impression that deadlifts do fuck all for mass

Based Quad. At least he took TinyTrip out in that murder-suicide pact on livestream.

Stop wearing granny jeans.

>meme hot sauce
Never gonna make it

the rant is about you making such a newfag thread, you dont even know what the fit info repository is, and cant tell a on the fly reply mid paragraph. seriously if you are going to nitpick and not put together the infor you are getting and come to your own conclusion; then we are content being the shot messenger. this isnt our first day.
for me the perspective is you nitpicking while you cant even make ONE (1) specific muscle bigger

Squat form is decent. I go a tiny bit below parallel.

Lol granny jeans :P

that was some low ball bitch shit...neither could face the vitamin avenger

puzzle master had it figured out beyond anyone's time, thankfully he is still alive. here we are skimming death on the daily, helping losers like OP

>puzzle master had it figured out beyond anyone's time

Some say we are still acting according to his master plan.

Dude, what?

omg stop being so holier than though, shooting the messanger.. you dirty carpet incel, you can understand drunken english if your loser as posts on this website

Attached: size-strength rep ranges.jpg (1088x1075, 333K)

seeSAGE
A
G
E

Attached: 4u.jpg (540x720, 134K)

Strangely enough, I actually noticed the Valknut on the book spine. Norse mythology?

Anyway, have you looked into Stephanie Buttermore's glute split? I don't personally know anyone who has tried it, but one of my friends said she's going to switch over to it soon. It might be worth looking into,

Judging from these pics you posted you might be eating a really low calorie diet. How has no one asked you about your diet yet?
How much are you eating? Have you been in a caloric surplus? How are you expecting to build huge glutes if you only eat salad and just a little protein?

This thread is why women shouldn't be allowed here.

Because you don’t have much muscle and a lot of fat, a high body fat percentage
Squats, deadlifts will give you an ass/legs
You have to build muscle which takes time
Also wear better clothing, dark pants will hide your ass/make it look smaller, wear lighter colors

how many months to look like this? i've been going to gym now for 3 months

I have been in the discord OP spoke about and i can tell you now OP is definitely not a girl
what you're looking at is an hrt guzzling tranny.

being thicc™ is about 80% fat distribution, honestly.

sup Kale, hrt going well? GCR sends regards, you owe me for that bench, bitch!

20 pounds over 18 months is nothing. thats barely more than a pound a month. women can typically put on 3 pounds of muscle a month. assuming that your 1 pound a month is pure muscle (its probably not) youre only putting on 1/3 of what you could be. eat a diet high in unsaturated fats and protein. peanut butter is awesome for this.

>Lmao what's the point of curls bro just do rows

get the fuck off my board cunt

>essential oils
the absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: 1515712281534.jpg (480x360, 23K)

D I S C O R D T R A N N I E S

Attached: 1551243508834.gif (245x246, 1.93M)

post proof niggers

Pls b in U D E N

Pretty cute ass for a boy

Also
Dl strength doesnt mean ru ass is going to be big

T. 5plate deadlift for reps and still small ass

Attached: 20190326_144241~(1)~(1).jpg (868x853, 340K)

>medieval mix

what is that?

>girl
>deadlift 300lb

what the fuck, how. i've never seen a woman deadlift 300lb thats like 3pl8s holy fuark you're strong

he's not a girl

i dunno, i think deadlifts really help me build my back, i do 4pl8 5x5 but also can do 5pl8 for reps. i think row machine/barbell really does the trick for me.

Attached: 20190326_000554.jpg (298x455, 10K)

get out of your basement. ive seen high school girls dl 300

i mean there's only one girl at my gym who can deadlift close to 3pl8 but she's very into strength and is probably younger than OP

thanks!

idk why my deadlift is so good. it's my favorite lift though :P

granted, the girl im talking about was a pretty good athlete and my school has a pretty good fitness program

come one you know what i mean, post an imgur link of that bare booty

op
i've looked at your pics
and i've looked at your food pics
your form probably isn't good
but what is definitely not good is your diet
you gotta eat big to get big CMON

this salad is like 200 calories

this is literally a portion size for for a 4 year old

>1 tomato
>100 grams of spinach

this is like 12 calories
cmon now

this seems a bit better, but where are the cabs?

do you track how many calories do you eat per day?