Sleep thread

Is it easy for you to fall asleep? How many times do you wake up in the middle of the night (if at all)? Do you have any rituals that lead to better sleep quality/duration?

Attached: 156456324621.jpg (749x499, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/how-to-reset-your-internal-clock-to-combat-jet-lag
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Carbs and meat together should make you sleepy. Don't be fat though.

God I push myself so fucking hard at the gym that it takes me less than 5 min to fall asleep. I am usually on my phone for 30 min before sleeping so I use nightshift to change screen color. Never wake up during the night because I empty my bladder before going to bed.

Used to when I was younger.
wasn't easy but pretty much fixed it via
>Staying away from stimulants before bedtime,
>syncing you sleep with natural day/night cycles.
>meal timings
>staying away from screens when it's bedtime

Attached: 1527898084986s.jpg (250x250, 8K)

>meal timings
Please explain

It used to be that at around 10pm I would start getting sleepy and once I'm in bed at 11, I'm out in like 3 minutes, but lately I just completely stopped wanting to go to sleep. I go to bed at 1:00am and I can't fall sleep until about 2:00am. And then the worst part is that I wake up at 8am feeling perfectly fine. There has to be something wrong because 6 hours of sleep is unsustainable long term, I just want to sleep like a normal person.

Weird dreams usually wake me up during the night, but only for less than a minute and im back sleeping, so i dont think its really a big deal for me.

If you stop eating 12-16 hours before the time you want to be your new “morning” and then eat a healthy meal right after waking, you can reset your internal clock to believe that time is morning and therefore time to wake up.

Attached: 1514255776290.png (972x1550, 731K)

I'm not a sleepcel so I just get in bed and 2 minutes later I'm asleep.

Wtf, so if I want to wake up by 9 I'll have to get all my calories in by 5?

The ultimate cheat code is to take a cold shower before going to sleep.

Of course the basics as having a dark room that is not too warm and a decent bed are important too.

Pretty much.
If you're looking to reset your circadian rhythm whether it be because of time zone changes or just finding yourself in a bad sleep schedule it's worth trying.

>health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/how-to-reset-your-internal-clock-to-combat-jet-lag

the ultimate code is taking a hot shower before going to sleep because your peripheral blood vessels dilute causing your core temperature to sink which is needed to fall asleep
a cold room also helps
Didn't know of this
I hope it works, I struggle super hard with shifting waking times

Pretending to be asleep makes me fall asleep faster than any method I've ever tried
Barely ever wake up, if I do it's usually just once
Deep breathing (wim hof) and a glass of water before bed helps me sleep better

last night i only woke up twice apparently, pretty good compared to my running average

Attached: sleep.jpg (1209x869, 79K)

It takes me like 30 minutes to an hour to fall asleep and I wake up 2-3 times in the middle of the night. Shit sucks.

Since I've started sleeping on the floor I feel way better.

on the floor? no pillow no nothing?

Pressure yourself not to reply/speak to anyone a hour before sleep, dont even think of replying to anyone anything just go full spectator mode. realize you're having no fun here, you dont need another 2 hours on 4channel go to sleep.

Good for your back

It's much easier to fall asleep when you are physically tired. Make sure you lift at least 3 times a week with 2 HIIT cardio sessions on-off days. Make sure you walk enough, probably at least a mile's worth every day.

This is really obvious but for some reason people don't do it.