Think i'm going to get fucked up

Just got back from BJJ training, and i fucking did it.
>cute as fuck receptionist girl
>Today was the 3rd time i saw her, never went past "hello how are you" when i enter the dojo
>Today go to sign in, and ask her what her name was since I've seen her a few times
>she tells me
>Go on and ask where shes from etc.. small talk
>Then i go "So.. what are the chances we can perhaps exchange numbers and go out for drinks sometime?"
>Her: Umm sorry, but this isn't the place to ask and i'm dating xxx (he's a brown belt)

What are the repercussions of this? can i get kicked out of the gym for this / membership cancelled?

Attached: 1536111443604.png (1112x886, 61K)

think you're fine desu mate, you didn't know she had a boyfriend and it doesn't sound like you were disrespectful. just don't sperg out when you see them next

lol

Just ignore her, she's probably not going to be that spiteful, as long as you took it well and didn't autism out when she rejected you.

Attached: 1553676756531.jpg (1078x992, 135K)

I tried to be respectful, this is the first time i ever manned up. I wasn't sure how to approach so i tried to go softly but remain confident.

You misheard. She said brown skin. You're in trouble

Nah hes white, but a brown belt. I've seen him in the gym a few times. I've only been a member for 3 months.

I feel like everyone will know by tomorrow what happened, and my instructor might ridicule me.

>ridicule you
maybe
but not any worse than if you quit over it

unironically based, good job user

Most likely nobody will know. i hit on this chick from my gym for like a week before she told me she was married to another guy who goes up there. literally nothing happened.

inspiring thread though senpai, im totally gonna ask out my favorite gym thot today, i deserve a Jow Forums gf and I have worked relentlessly to improve

challenge him to mutual combat

Good luck senpai

You've done it now. You must kill him in front of her to reclaim your honor.

Ahahahaha you fucking mong, how dumb are you to hit on anybody at your gym??? They won't kick you out but I guarantee they'll ridicule the shit out of you, because you deserve it. You'll want to quit that gym, but if you persevere, you'll eventually make it and they'll forget.
Let it be a lesson to you all:
If there's a hot chick anywhere near a martial arts gym, and you're not banging her- she's banging someone else, and he's better than you.

how much did you tip her?

>So.. what are the chances
don't say things like that

>this isn't the place to ask
>btw i'm fucking this guy who asked me here
kek, anyways OP, unless you are smooth or you already know people well don't go asking out people in places where you have to go back every day

Attached: 1552903514277.png (1009x526, 109K)

You did good user, unless she has a screw loose she likely won't even tell anyone. Sounds like you were respectful enough, and that was the right approach.

Attached: happytardo.png (266x189, 9K)

you're a white belt brah. you're at the very bottom of the gym hierarchy. no girl there is going to want to fuck you unless they know you're a celebrity or some shit. but good on you for trying

sperg

just treat her professionally from now on op, maintain the polite relationship you had with her and the bf beforehand. it's all good if you act casual, this is a normal interaction as long as your social valence was and remains chill

desu i wouldn't ask out a receptionist myself tho. it's a bit like a waitress (busy restaurent, not diner) or a bookstore clerk. they're gonna get a lot of spergs acting semi-obsessive toward them, so it's better to wait until you have some sort of personal rapport - joking around, pleasantries about your day etc.

but if you just act normally and lightly-friendly from now on, she knows you're not one of those spergs and all is good

Just shut it you absolute retard.

You're not going to get kicked out. If the brown belt is jealous, he might give you some shit for a while, that's it.
What's important is that you found some balls to ask her out, even in a halfassed way. Keep going, next time a bit better. Progressive overload and shit

Martial artists are so delusional with their colored belts. It's hilarious really.

Depends on how you deal with the rejection afterwards. If you completely own it and dont care, ie being indifferent then nothing, and no one Will think weirdly of you.

You didn't do anything wrong, just act like nothing ever happened

it seems to work pretty well. if you go into a bjj gym and challenge a brown belt, you are going to get your ass beat 100% of the time, in ways where you won't even have any idea what is happening to you.
whether or not someone can fuck you up physically can be a pretty good way of determining who's boss

Challenge in a gym? Sure. You're still getting glassed, shanked or ganged up on in a real fight. Especially bjj guys who like to grapple their opponent.

Most people who I've trained with are well aware of the fact that being good at BJJ isn't a free pass to fight people in the street due to the fact that people are pack animals.
Anyway, it's irrelevant in the context of this conversation because we are talking about social hierarchy, not the efficacy of martial arts in a street fight.

>social hierarchy
Yes, even considering that to be a thing is delusional. And to think that it stems from people wearing crayon-colored belts. I don't know, I just find it funny.

Y'mad, bruh? Lol I think u mad

>Yes, even considering that to be a thing is delusional
I'm sorry you feel this way, but it is a biological fact that is so deeply rooted in us that even primitive life forms like lobsters carry it.
> And to think that it stems from people wearing crayon-colored belts.
It doesn't. In every single social group, a hierarchy is inevitable. It is impossible for everyone to be a leader; the way this works is men fight with each other verbally or physically over status, and the winner becomes the leader of the group while the rest are given descending levels of power.
Pic related is just one example of the countless forms of hierarchy you encounter in daily life.
If you can't see this basic fact of life, you might be autistic. I'm don't mean that as an insult, but you might want to see a doctor.

Attached: Company-Management-Hierarchy.jpg (733x593, 67K)

Nah, I'm just from a third world shithole, we're not that keen on structures and hierarchies.

To steelman his position, humans aren't as simple as lobsters. We've evolved socially, and as such have many competing drives. Social dominance yes - but also altruism, mentoring, coalition-building, etc. In any given social situation there are thus many hierarchies - attractiveness, intelligence, confidence/will, social skills, perceived virtue, wealth, funniness, etc. You could boil this down to a "global ranking", but what's the point? Every individual in the group will have their own preferences and interests - and every situation too. The leader if someone has a heart attack isn't the leader in casual conversation, who isn't the leader if someone's partner emerges as sexually abusive, who isn't the leader if you win a sweepstakes lottery, etc. Many of these situations in reality are dealt with cooperatively, with many people inputting to reach a solution.

If you obsess about climbing an imaginary unified social hierarchy, in a way lobster-petersonian people can, it's you missing the social reality. People will probably think you are a confrontational dickhead.

You were the autism.

I wouldn't have been able to formulate this in English, thanks for the assist, but that's exactly what I had in mind.

What would (YOU) do if you saw them next?
In all honesty I'd joke about it, then watch to see how much more the girl likes me.

OP made me laugh. Give me a break. Worried of getting kicked out for flirting. Thats a bit extreme. She might have lied about her bf to get rid of you. What are the chances that she did this because she thinks you are a creep? I'd say chances are high, but you gotta move on. If she or anyone tells you anything about this next time just say that you can barely remember that you have spoken to her, and forgot about what it was.

>In any given social situation there are thus many hierarchies - attractiveness, intelligence, confidence/will, social skills, perceived virtue, wealth, funniness, etc.
Well then, if you want to assert that there is not only one hierarchy but many, then thank you for contributing to my point.

>You could boil this down to a "global ranking", but what's the point?
The point in the context of a company hierarchy is to provide stability to otherwise volatile hierarchies through the use of titles which determine how much power an individual is given.

>Every individual in the group will have their own preferences and interests - and every situation too.
What this amounts to is the fact that human (and indeed, chimpanzee) hierarchies are fluid.

>The leader if someone has a heart attack isn't the leader in casual conversation, who isn't the leader if someone's partner emerges as sexually abusive, who isn't the leader if you win a sweepstakes lottery, etc. Many of these situations in reality are dealt with cooperatively, with many people inputting to reach a solution.
The fact is that there is a leader in every given situation. Quite contrary to the other person's claim that believing in hierarchies is delusional.

>If you obsess about climbing an imaginary unified social hierarchy, in a way lobster-petersonian people can, it's you missing the social reality. People will probably think you are a confrontational dickhead.
Mistaken assumption on your part.

Only person to mention
>not the place to ask
By far the most telling part of the greentext. Almost sounds like she was talking down to you. My guess
>dyel
>virgin white belt
>no ability to read body language

Post body so we can know how far out of line you were

I thought this was going to happen when I asked out the bartender who was my oneitis who doesn't have Facebook and I thought was single. She was very nice responding to me. Nobody she worked with ever heard about it. It's not a big deal. I expected to get a lot of shit because I'm friends with everybody that works here.

You sound like a virgin. The way you communicate will never allow you frame interactions in a way that will make people respect you.

Chances are the girl will tell her boyfriend/staff about you and they will try to shame you for violating her right to not get hit on at her place of work. Your best bet is to double down on being a sad sack of shit and they will turn from shaming you into feeling pity for you. That might be for the best. Maybe some of the guys at the gym will help you out in life.

Well, it reads like your point was that BJJ belt ranking determines fuckability () and "who's boss" (), which is a clear conflation of 3 different things into an overall lobster type dominance-score.

This poster () responded by mocking your apparent belief that martial artists ability translates into being top dog in all senses. You () seemed to either misunderstand his point, or double down arguing "every single social group" dissolves into a simple ranking of alphas and betas. My response () was that leadership is diffuse, with so many hierarchies that what you end up with is more of a network of competent individuals. Your latest message seems to continue to misunderstand the argument - no one is arguing that hierarchies don't exist, just that a belt doesn't mean all this random shit to the gym's social group. To materialise the argument, OP probably could fuck some random black belt if he had functioning social skills.

If I'm misunderstanding something, and you aren't trying to essentialise one particular social dynamic - well, don't open with talking about lobsters. Everyone knows memerson uses their unusual social behaviour to argue for a universalised human hierarchy.

Your problem with your argument is that you are using the fact that hierarchies diffuse to negate any impact they have at this specific gym.

Sure hierarchies are not the end all be all of fuckibility. Brown belt is below both purple and black belt, but the (possibly cute) receptionist goes out with the brown. But she does go out with a member, and brown isn't the lowest. Any person who spends time at this gym knows what the belt rankings mean, and probably places some importance to having at least an intermediate belt.

In parallel, if you went to a powerlifting gym and there was a cute girl powerlifter who saw you benching 95lbs, how well do you think she would respond to asking her out?

Overall though, it's a pointless exercise to debate how well these hierarchies are defined in general. Have to look at the specifics of this situation.

For this reason, I would say I'm in agreement with the fact that being a white belt meant that asking out the receptionist was a mistake.

Why would the girl tell anyone? Girls get hit on all the time and rejecting guys is just a normal part of their day
OP has to stop apologizing for himself though "what are the chances..". That makes you sound like you think she's above you instead of you two being equals.

challenge him to a dick measuring contest at the bench

You did okay. This is how the path to glory begins. Do this, do it more. Every time a girl tells you no is one step back. When a girl tells you yes, its hundred steps forward.

The Bench™

The girl I fuck tells me about all the creepy dudes that ask her out

> asking out a girl who is currently working
> asking out your gym/dojo’s RECEPTIONIST
jesus

Most girls do this as a way of seeming extra loyal. They greatly exaggerate how creepy the guy seems and leave out all the flirting they do in return.

Lol wtf kid

One day just walk up behind her desk and casually place your flaccid penis atop her shoulder.
When she notices she will invariably chuckle, and things will be back to normal once again.

You have to tap out her bf obviously.

I agree with that to some extent, though it's not quite the same - a female weightlifter is signalling pretty hard that she values muscles, and is at a place that's all about becoming hot, where frankly you should never ask someone out anyway unless you are incredibly hot, both work there or do a class together. A martial arts gym is different because it's a social activity, people do become friends in their training group or after sparring, and as such many more dynamics come into play that simple aesthetics.

I've never done BJJ, but I did TKD as a kid and plenty of people dated "across belts" or whatever. I remember specifically one newbie who invited a competitive level girl to climbing and then they fugged for a few months. I don't think he ever even made yellow lol

So - I don't know what more to say. Thanks for arguing in good faith but you've clearly shifted / nuanced your initial position massively. Even if you were just trolling OP who is doubtless a retard - but that's because he asked out a receptionist in the same conversation as asking her name, not because she only dates brown belts or some shit

> he asks the "chances"
> comes off as an ultra beta fag
> worries about the outcome

Man, you are losing in life. Just don't give a fuck and next time have practice some game before talking to a girl without no frame or confidence.

It's over for beltcels.

“What are the chances we can exchange numbers”
Might as well tip your fedora too. Her vagina is a dry cracker at that point m8

>Dude you don't know you mentality bro I just go blank and knives and headstompers just appear out of nowhere to assist me

Challenge the brown belt to roll. Hide a shank up your ass and then, at the opportune moment, stick him.

Then go ask Miss Fancy Pants again if she wants to go out. When she says "Uh, I said I have a boyfriend, you can say 'Not any more, Sugar Tits."

Yeah even worse for OP

I wasn't the person you were responding to. I just took his side

Lmao

Attached: A9ED7706-5120-49D1-9885-BABB1EAEE157.png (141x140, 54K)

this

dude all u ahve to do is stick your white belt in your ass for a couple days and bam brown belt. thats how everyone else gets their brown belt dumbass. once she sees how quickly you got yours she will dumb her boyfriend for you. girls are sluts like that

i bet you didn't even tip

I dated my gym’s receptionist for about 3 months. Casually made small talk almost everyday until eventually she asked me for my number.

Fast forward 3 months, I break up with her because I’m bored of her and she wants to get really serious, she ends up quitting her job because she can’t stand having to see me come into the gym. Tells the entire gym staff what a horrible person I am and now they all hate me.

tldr; don’t date people you meet at the gym, especially the receptionist. When things eventually don’t work out, it’s gonna be hella awkward

Attached: 927F93DC-966C-430A-8E8F-98C430006E76.png (517x493, 48K)

should have tipped more

Ok Mr. Smart guy. What’s the appropriate amount to tip?

Dude its easy, just be cool/respectful with them - you didnt know that she was dating brownbelt-san

You're fucked, sounds like you basically raped her.

13%

It won't be ridicule, just a bit of banter
If the brownbelt dude talk to you, just tell him you didn't know they were a couple and just brush it off
Easy as pie

Why would the receptionist go out with some noob white belt lmao

user, for this to work he would have to not be a complete sperg. So no chance in hell. Other than that, you're right.

>Umm sorry, but this isn't the place to ask
Stupid. Where else you gonna see her?

Buy a black belt off the internet and wear it next time to you go
Make sure that she sees it too

Cope

So...about an inch?

Know your place you dirty white belt. Apologize to Helio.

ON DA STREETZ