Sees a boomer doing upright rows

Attached: JustJeff.png (298x434, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YpDnYJJMs0s?t=15
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I know they're bad for you shoulders but i make so much gains from them that it's hard to stop.
I've never had any injuries from them tho.

Attached: böxxxx.jpg (278x181, 4K)

>I've never had any injuries from them tho
and thats exactly why u'll fuck urself up nigga. these sorts of injuries are mostly cumulative. u'll never have a problem until suddenly u do, and then u'll think to urself "hmm those upright rows couldnt have possibly been the reason i am injured right now because ive been doing them with no problems for years, must be something else", not realizin that they were actually destroyin ur body all along

b-but the shoulder gains..

Attached: boxxy.jpg (1280x991, 46K)

facepulls nigga, do them

Attached: double.jpg (540x438, 50K)

i don't have a fukin facepulling machine, i only have dumbbells and a barbell at home

Attached: buxi.jpg (261x193, 4K)

jeff says dumbbell upright rows are the harmless substitution for barbell ones

keep doing ur upright rows and soon u'll be wavin goodbye to said gains cryin 2 urself at night thinkin why didnt i listen to jeff lmao

just get exercise bands, they're worth having anyway if you have a home gym

Attached: dumbbell-face-pulls.jpg (540x204, 18K)

exercise bands are for girls and old people

what an arbitrary opinion. you will never make gains if you are too afraid to try something new

Attached: Homo_erectus.jpg (544x680, 153K)

Certainly not for brainlets

no nigga the dumbbell alternative he suggests is a very different exercise. if u just do upright rows with the same form but with dumbbells instead of barbell then obviously its gon be equally as bad lmao

i'll get big shoulders first, then i'll stop

Attached: bbux.jpg (259x194, 3K)

You cant use the same form, the arms are moving on independent planes compared to the barbell. Thats what makes its safer, the fixed planes force you into potential impingement, this is much less likely with DBs

i hope ur shoulders snap the next time u pick up a weight. jeff over here tryna save everyone so they can be 90 y/o and still able to kick young peoples ass but u just ignoring him

lul

Attached: huutikset lens.jpg (642x482, 22K)

>but it's 35lbs total so doubt he's going to injure something

Jeff is the master of over generalization. Read this from Exrx.net
>A swidth grip is shoulder ggested when performing theupright row. The greater internal rotation required for a close grip upright row decreases the subacromial space (area between the greater tubercle of the humerus and acromioclavicular joint). This may potentially impinge thesupraspinatustendon and the subacromial bursa (a protective sac of fluid cushioning the bone from the tendon). A wider grip allows for more space between the shoulder joint and the head of the humerus allowing for more clearance of the underlying structures. For the same reason, when performing aone arm upright row, keep the elbow pointing directly to the side, instead of angling it slightly to the front. Shoulders should be kept back sincescapula protractioncan decrease width of subacromical space, possibly increasing risk of subacromical impingement (Solem-Bertift E 1993). An upright posture with chest high and shoulders back, bar kept close to the body, and a medium to slightly wide grip can facilitate a more ideal shoulder posture.

alright fair enough i suppose if some1 is determined to do upright rows then dumbbell is the way to go. but i think we can both agree that is better to just avoid them completely, dumbbell or barbell

No need to avoid see this guys post:

If you use barbell upright rows then be sensible, first thing is to check if its safe for you, if you have shoulder problems including a shit acromion process then maybe you should a avoid them. But even then if your sensible and use the correct grip it could be ok.

No difference to the hate against cookie cutter program. People differ. Blanket statements are horseshit. Most people will be able to upright row if its part of a balanced program and use a wide grip.

Just thought of a good example - look at weightlifters, the clean grip and snatch grip are way wider. Explosive lifts are different, but don't forget that assistance lifts like high pulls using those grips will move into the same joint territory as the upright rows.

But you wont normally see them with the uber muscle gains narrow grip - it would fuck their career up.

youtu.be/YpDnYJJMs0s?t=15

It's the shoulders that have the issue, not the forearms

>Jeff tells Boomer to stop doing upright rows
>explains why it's bad
>*crack* siiiiiiip
>trust me Sonny, I know what I'm doing
>I used to compete y'know
>400lb bench, 500lb squat, 600lb deadlift at 150lb
>'course, that was before I hurt my back