Are 1.25kg plates a meme?

Do you use them for progressive overload?

Attached: woh1-500x500.jpg (500x500, 142K)

>Is adding more weight to the bar a meme?

Imagine listening to fitness advice on Jow Forums

if you added 2.5kg every session and trained a lift 2x a week, at the end of the year thats a 260kg improvement lol

obviously impossible but you get my point, those plates are your best friend

Microplates allow you to push your limits more precisely

No, they are not a meme

do people even know what a meme is?

Yes. You.

Got em

This, and
/thread

This.
Why the fuck would a tool to make small progressive overload be a meme.
Couple of years back when i moved to a new city i actually checked out all the gyms and had the availability of microplates as one of my criteria

Adding 5kg at a time to OHP is pretty hard.

I actually bought 0.5kg plates for my ohp because I can't make the full 1.25x2 jump everytime

you never tought that you can use those plates on dumbbells?

>Microplates
except this isn't a microplate you fucking brainlet

Imagine listening to fitness advice on Jow Forums

Very good for raising ohp

OP here. I asked cause i remember reading here that only dyels use 1.25kg plates to overload and that you should do it with 2.5kg

only dyels say shit like this

Oh noooooooo, I used the wrong term

Shut up faggot, nobody cares

you should care you fucking idiot so you won't make a fool of yourself next time

Attached: 1526836682247.png (204x204, 18K)

>Added 2.5 kg on each side on my last set of incline bench [spoiler]max is the bar alone[/spoiler]
>Failed

Obviously humiliating but at least I felt that weight

No, but you need a lot of them

>OP here. I asked cause i remember reading here that only dyels use 1.25kg plates to overload and that you should do it with 2.5kg

Lmao. When you're actually strong, increasing your max by a fucking single kilo is a good day.

>do 3x5 ohp at 60kg
>add 1.25 players to either side
>only manage 3x3.

Its crazy how much of a difference they make to your lifts. It might not seem like much.

It's correct, except it's true for all plates below 20kg. You use 25s for the main bulk of the weight and maybe 20s if you want to microload. Anything lower is just dyel cope

I use the 2.5lb plates to slowly get my numbers up, works a hell of a lot better than when I was trying to go up by 10 lbs every week.

people that micro load are the same people that look like garbage year after year and think that adding 2.5kg on their bench is magically gonna give them gains on any particular session

>> Adding weights doesn't give you gains
Are you retarded?

WTF is going on?

people that micro load consistently are people that bench 500lbs you fucking retard

see

>cant bench 190
>can bench 185

Are you understanding the theory here

microloading are for pussies.

that's not what you say
are you retarded?
microloading is a waste of time and effort, adding 2.5 extra kilos to a given set doesn't do shit, your body doesn't give a fuck, your muscles can't tell the difference, and you're retarded for even considering this is true
what's going on is that microloading is a meme that no one that's serious about lifting does
give me one example of a competitive IPF lifter who microloads with little baby plates on squats or bench or deadlifts, you won't find any, because it is a waste of time
you might be able to "microload" for the next 10 or so sessions, but after that you start failing sets
microloading is seen as a joke by serious lifters, which is exactly why none of them use it, only rippletit cocksuckers do it and they mostly look like shit, figures.
Ask clarence if he microloads on his bench or squat, as pete rubbish, ask jesse norris, ask larry wheels, ask any IPF competitive lifter.
None of them do this shit, only on meme exercises like curls maybe.

>Should I lift the most ideal weight every workout, or should I round down half of the time?

this makes no sense
why not round up?

Very useful when lifting heavy weights.

how about you learn english first, faggot?

t. dyel retard
you're supposed to increase weight in increments of at least 2pl8

im convinced you've never stepped foot in a gym before

Microloading is for DYELs.
Only Jow Forums incels add weight each session. Like lmao just fucking train, you don't need "more weight" what you need is to stop ego-lifting

That's because microplates are only really used each session in the beginner period. Once you're hitting more intermediate and advanced programming, you spend a lot less time at your 5 rep max so they aren't really necessary

>> just fucking train
What the fuck kind of advice is this. How is this:
50kg -> 50kg -> 55kg
better than this:
50kg -> 52.5kg -> 55kg
Microloading helps you progress without having to try big jumps in weight and failing

>reading here that only dyels
Everyone giving advice here is a dyel unless they post their body

That's just ego lifting.
I'd rather see a guy who can bench 20 good reps with perfect form than someone who struggles to get out the last fifth rep because he wants to train for his ego.

dont take the bait fren

reminds me of that guy who snapped his shit up squatting lmao2plaet on his first day, because Jow Forums told him anybody should be able to do bodyweight squats.

No one gives a fuck what you want to see. It's about linear progress and consistantly improving. The people you're shitting on will pass you for the same reason. There is a reason greyskull includes microplates and there is also another reason it's considered the best beginner program.

no one gives a fuck what you'd rather see, this is about what works and based on your posts you have literally no idea

Sure. But they'll regret it when they're my age.
It's like with deadlifts, anything over 135lbs is just asking for back trouble, but people still do it do feed their ego.

Now I know you're trolling. I was pulling two plates on my first day.

I seriously hope all you microloading niggers lift in gyms with calibrated plates. What's the point of adding two half kilo plates to your OHP weight if the other plates could be 2 kilos off? Just aim for more reps.

This shit right here,

unless you have access to calibrated plates or you are certain that you lift the excat same plates every session (home gym maybe or some quirky looking gym plates that stick out and are easy to remember) you are more or less wasting time with 0.5kg and lighter plates. Some cast steel plates can be so much off. If you are deadlifting worst case scenario is that one side is 5-10 kilos heavier than the other.

But hey, lifting 60+-2 + 2,5 kg is more than 60+-2 kg

Now I know for sure that this is bait

That's Alan Thrall/Blaha tier bullshit

Measure yourself with a 20 kilo plate in your hands. I don't care how autistic it looks, try it.

this
i OHP 90kg 3x3 atm, and its becoming rarer and rarer to increase it, 2.5kg is nearly impossible, let alone 5kg lol

No

Why are you taking an image board this seriously lmao
pathetic motherfucker

why you are posting on image board if you are mentally retarded?

they are not a meme. Weber's law finds that if the difference in weight is 2% or greater, then you'll notice it. obviously this is more for holding something in your palm than it is lifting, but i'd imagine it has to translate well. so if that 2.5kg is a difference of 2% or more from the weight you're lifting now, then it's noticable and therefore beneficial

You need to go back.

Attached: 1553773162231.jpg (600x401, 384K)

>you might be able to "microload" for the next 10 or so sessions, but after that you start failing sets

That's a 25kg total increase you fucking mong, how is that not good you crayon eating moron

>dear lord GOD almighty
>grant me the newb benediction
>...
>*adds .5 pl8 to his newly unlocked PR of 405(kgs mind you uwu) bench*
>*does 3x12, paused, no rest between sets*
>:D

This. My bench has sucked ass for months because I didn't know you were supposed to increase by 1kg a session and I always fucked up the last rep of my sets on the +2,5kg ones.
OHP stalled as well and I just recently got to a 70x5 OHP (new PR) with these plates.

>2.5kg per session is microloading
>implying microloading is used on squats and deadlifts
>progressive overload doesn't work
>advanced lifters are able to make progress like they're novices
I'm not at all surprised by your post, I'm surprised by the amount of (You)s you've collected, it's sad how badly one can bait and still get a few replies nowadays.