I've been water-fasting for 53 days. I'm planning to go for 70, will I die?

I've been water-fasting for 53 days. I'm planning to go for 70, will I die?

When one googles about this, only the same few cases in medical fasting turn out and then there are the 10 IRA hunger strikers who lasted about 60 days, but what was their starting weight and did they get any electrolytes?

Attached: kristus autiomaassa.jpg (1000x730, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440847/
idmprogram.com/refeeding-syndromes-fasting-20/
youtube.com/watch?v=fURwtw_FYK0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

be careful with refeeding syndrome, take it really easy when you break the fast

Anyway, I should really give up tobacco by now. Plus, the nicotine tablets have some trace amount of maltithol so maybe that could reduce my intestinal protein consumption.

My previous record is 49 days but that was quite dirty with alcohol and hard candies. These damn nicotine tablets can't have very many calories in them because I still prefer the old coffin nails.

I don't think you understand what fasting is.

>but that was quite dirty with alcohol and hard candies
uuuhhhhh

Like went few weeks with a pack of these per day (around 150 cal) and had some drink on 4 occasions, if I still remember correctly. By the way, you can't really have more than 3-4 before literally passing out.

This time it has been clean enough in my books, certainly nothing to affect the "will I die" question at hand.

if I had cancer and I wasted for 50 days, would the cancer die because it didnt get any food?

Unless he's under 7 BMI and has a phosphorous deficiency, refeed syndrome is rare

>cancer and fasting are the same and follow the same methabolical pathways

These.

This time I've had:
>1 coffee with chockblock by accident.
>3 hard candies (tyrkisk peber) because my local kiosk had a bowl on offer and I simply couldn't resist the joy of cigarillo and salmiac.
>And the said nicotine tablets with mystery amount of maltithol (because it's not "food", they don't have to tell).

>inb4 not a water fast
Yeah well, even If I started the thread with a pic of a religious, this isn't really about questions of faith and just as in faith, it's ultimately you who makes the rules.

Attached: Läkerol3.jpg (1476x1740, 858K)

be careful when you break the fast man... start of with super simple stuff to digest like mono-fruit meals then work your way into more complex stuff day by day. i once broke a 21 water fast with white potato and steak, and it was painful as fuck. i ate really slow and chewed really well. its just too coarse and the amino acid complexes are just too long, not to mention starch is constipating. fuck, learn from me lad..

I've been thinking a bowl of instant noodles. About 500 cal.

Haven't had any extra phosphorus, maybe I should get some tomorrow.

I don't know if you'll die... How do you feel? Tell us a bit about it. I guess the consumption of nicotine could distort your ability to judge your health and strength so tat you know when to start introducing calories again. Also I can imagne your body having big troubles coping with all the bad stuff that is in cigarillos and also just the nicotine, wich isn't exactly good for your body in the first place.
So since you're asking in an tibanese online forum for shelf building you get the unprofesional advise of such a sites's user.
I'd advise you stop with the drugs if you really have to go longer, if not start introducing calories first through juice, maybe tea the day before so you get a taste for, well tastes, and then really slowly introduce foods with more calories per gram, starting with plants for a few days (maybe not the fruits with the most sugar).

This is a question to put to a real doctor. Death is not inconceivable under these circumstances.

Lol why would you water fast?

A bowl of instant noodles after a 6+ week water fast? Jesus christ dude. Eat some watermelon.

>I don't know if you'll die... How do you feel?
That's the thing - eerily fine. The occasional hunger pains are still there but may be absent for days. I have energy to walk and bus around the town to get various bobs for my growbox under construction, and various other business too. I wouldn't really call it "energy and clarity of mind" though, more like an irritable feeling one wants to escape to any activity possible. Obviously, no glycogen reserves means there is no energy for sudden bursts of activity. Still, overall fine and functional.

My limbs will go dead easily and my upper body muscles as a whole are rather sore, but maybe that's because of 12+ hours of screen time per day. This is different from normal for sure. Stretching is especially enjoyable. Anyway, that's the reason I kind of made this thread, beceuse of slight chest pain. I think it is above sternum though, because stretching kind of helps. I didn't make this thread for nothing though, surely now is a high time to get that phosphorus.

Speaking of, the reason I have chest pain _probably_ is because I've spend the past days huddled in blanket with my hands in mummy posture. This is because the past few days I've had cold "vichy" water to drink. That's one of my few real complaints, extreme sensitivity to cold.

You are absolutely right about tobacco's distorting effect on judgement. The most ironic thing is that I managed to hold week's strike vanilla without nicotine suplements before beginnign, but lapsed on the 2nd day.

Well I don't have an extra grand to spend on that.
I surely already have gotten better, more numerous and more informed answers here than I would ever have gotten in r/fasting.

To get some wiggle room to experiment with the next no effort eat as much as you want miracle diet.

Refeed on shit like a single boiled egg or some sugar water.
It'll hurt if you have those noods senpai

Very interestening insight. Sounds dangerous to me, to be honest with you. Maybe try more natural light, like reading outside/next to a window and taking walks in nature the next days, stretch regularly (not only when you have pains) and, again, stop the drugs (if you dindn't already).
If the pain (vene though it may seem slight) doesn't go away break the fast. Should probably stop the also if the pain goes away. I don't know, I'm not expereinced with that stuff and I'm only here because I like intermittent fasting, it makes my stomach feel so free and light. Maybe you should look into that for a more sustainable eating habit after your giga water fast. I admire this. I want to do a few days, and maybe longer periods like you sometine. Keep us updated please.

>vene though
even though

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440847/
For the interested. An article in threating refeed syndrome.
If he started as a fattie and still is one, he probably will be fine, although I recommend OP to go to the hospital if wants to break the fast.

idmprogram.com/refeeding-syndromes-fasting-20/
IDM on refeeding syndrome.
I hope OP was taking electrolytes and has very high level of fat. If not, he's fucked.

Hey op.
I did 40 days and nights.

You should be fine as long as you have fat.
If you feel tired sleep.
If you feel bad take a pinch of salt or drink coconut water.

The last week of your fast drink coconut water and eat a pinch of salt every day.

The first day of food eat fresh water melon
The first week of food should be only raw fruit
Week two add fresh veg and nuts maybe a little rice
Week three cooked veg, rice a dairy
Week four meat etc

An extended fast (without juicing!) is an experience in itself. I recommend, go first for say 5 days and then you already know it wont get significantly worse if you ever wanted to go longer than that. I understand if you prefer intermitted, if you have some gains to lose.

The free and lose feeling comes in full when you are "normal BMI" again for the first time in nearly 10 years. ...Even if just for a few weeks.

Still some insights about bodily function: even if I'm dehydrated and have a pint of water, half of it just comes through without absorbing it feels; must have it in glassfuls only. Then again, when I feel it's about the time for my weekly poop a day or two before it actually happen there's clearly a greater need for water. Like it's no news that gut operation requires fluid, but still - even for the few "rabbit droppings" I manage produce it's noticeable.

Since we are at this subject, my (solo) sex drive is also fine. Like just last day I concluded that if I managed to jerk off twice in a day, there must not be a great emergency to quit this ordeal. Haven't today though, but all in all that functionality is almost normal too now that I'm not doing pot all the time that is.

If you didn't have any potassium or magnesium supplement, that's still super dodgy. Few people have died of electrolyte inbalance when trying to do "jesus", many more have had to quit because they have hardly managed managed to get off the bed. I wouldn't even trust "enriched" salt because it has way too much sodium compared to potassium.

That's my problem with the fasting community in general. In lack of proper scientific authority on the subject (because medical fasting stopped in the 60s) all sorts of word of mouth gets passed as fact mixed into blah blah me and my dog -blogging and new agey hippy crap about "detoxing". If a STEM person had wrotten those articles, the content could have been compressed to a single paragraph. It's infuriating to sift through this crap mixed in with tabloid scare mongering about a "new dangerous diet fad".

On my first fast I went with the advice that body's potassium reserves should last for about 30 days. On 4th week I started to feel extremely dizzy, but 750 mg potassium chloride from the pharmacy helped with that.

Weekly poop, hm. That sounded weird but it makes sense of course.
I will do a three days water fast and maybe even a five days juice fast this year. Definitely the former; I have to see about the juice thing because the normal juices I buy are far from nutritional and the calories come mainly from the ungodly amounts of sugar that are in that stuff.

Nigger what the fuck is a pinch and whay the fuck is coconut water full of?
Oh right a pinch is small and coconut water is full of potassium.

I told your fucking retarded ass how to safely and effectively do an extended fast from start to finish. Something you don't know anything about and haven't done before.

You wanted to eat instant noodles on 50+ days fasted and you are berating me?

Eat shit you pseudo-intellectual fucktard.

How much have you lost? Seems pretty Brutal. Also get some snake juice in you to get some more electrolytes

Kind of skimmed over that coconut water. Well that's juicing then and you'll be getting all the potassium you need. Also all the calories you need. It's by the wat damn nice to have

Started at 103.5kg and now at 79.9kg.
So, for the moon faring civilizations that's 228lb and 176lb.
For the empires on which the sun never sets: 16.3st and 12.6st.

>snake juice
No need, or maybe on a future fast when I order my electrolytes and vitamins online. Now I have pharmacy bought pills that have some quantity of everything plus sodium from the box as needed. No phosphorus though. It is alarming how little phosphorus is talked in connection with fasting, but it's also alarming that the body's main reserves are in the bones and that refeeding syndrome is strongly linked with hypophosphatemia. The principle of CYA demands me to get this in check somehow.

Btw. I think many people get diarrhea from fasting because they overdo snake juice or use an incorrect recipe.

youtube.com/watch?v=fURwtw_FYK0

DANMAG BEST MAG

>My limbs will go dead easily and my upper body muscles as a whole are rather sore, but maybe that's because of 12+ hours of screen time per day.
Your body is breaking down your muscles to get nutrients.

There's a guy who fasted for 385 days, but he weighed 450 and took a multi vitamin. As long as you got enough bodyfat you probably won't die

HE ALSO CONSUMED ELECTROLYTES.

Tyrkisk peber made me cheat a little bit, damn that kiosk who had to celebrate their refit with free snacks :)