Attached: IMG_0025.jpg (600x338, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NSPcuGjstN4
bmjopen.bmj.com/content/6/6/e010401
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOTMJYbDQok
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK493173/
cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/14/12/2826
youtu.be/b7zWNabebxs
thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(09)60318-4/fulltext#secd6657750e615
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no, im not even in my 30s

No, because I take my cardio seriously.

All these faggots falling for the "cardio kills gains" bullshit can enjoy their heart attacks as far as I'm concerned.

Nobody ever dropped dead at 50 because they couldn't bench 250. Take care of your ticker or suffer the consequences.

My family has no history of heart attacks, cancer or diabetes. We get to about 80 and stroke out painlessly. It’s based.

Not realy:
>20 years old
>125 lbs
>do lots of cardio
>no family history of heart problems

I see people in their late 30s/early 40s have heart attacks more common than you may think. Most of the time they do live though. 3 weeks ago though we had a guy 33 years old die of one. And when I first started a few years ago, We had a 17 year old girl die of one.

Biggest factor however is poor diet and energy drinks. Stay away from that shit and do light cardio. My old man is in his 50s with hypertension and he does cardio all the time and gets good rest and he is doing okay. But never think youre immune and know it can happen.

T. ER nurse

No I just hope it kills me if it happens

Attached: image.jpg (1024x839, 99K)

No I'm no a CICO zombie.

Energy drinks? Wat

I don't eat saturated fats, so my arteries are clear

all you have to do is take more omega 3s versus omega 6s which are too common in our diets

>125 pounds

can I cum in ur ass

>I do cardio so I'm safe from heart attacks!

*gulps*

youtube.com/watch?v=NSPcuGjstN4

I don't eat carbs, so my arteries are clear.

I think the safer option is just limiting your omega 6 intake. Taking more omega 3s dosen't really lower your ldl

You better mix in some healthy corn and onions oil then my fellow smart man :)

How do you undo damage to arteries? This thread is scaring me

For me it's the exit bag at age 35 when I hit test peak

You're an idiot.

Am i supposed to just eat air? Even oatmeal has a shit ton of omega 6.

Keto and fasting.

Heart disease is caused by eating fewer saturated fats and more refined carbs.

This. Heart disease is almost completely related to diet. Look at the faggot trainer from biggest loser. He was in good shape and did tons of cardio, but he was also putting fucking melted butter in his coffee. Just eat more vegetables and keep doing whatever exercise you like.

He was 51 to be fair. Average age on Jow Forums is probably 17. I'm 22 and feel like a boomer browsing here

GO VEGAN

Attached: 1552573162834.jpg (960x960, 88K)

Heart attack nearly took my life last year, I was ready bros I think I had the full death experience. Woke up an hour later on the floor so disappointed. Was ready to go.

The fact that vegans in general follow a diet that is better for cardiovascular health doesnt mean the absence of meat is the cause of those benefits

u lettuce eatin tree hugging animal loving faggot

Looks like a monkey.
Hoo hoo haa haa

28 here and had a heart attack. Good diet and lots of cardio since my school years. Genetics trumps all so have fun.

>Good diet

define it

Fuck off vegan I'm not interested in your bullshit. Heart conditions run in my family.

I did a lot of blow when i was younger. I am sober now. Hope i make it

Nah, I'm resigned to it. I do lots of cardio and take care of my heart, but there's a lot of family history of heart disease so it's pretty much inevitable if nothing else kills me first.

Attached: 1552962609869.jpg (720x405, 17K)

not a vegan, I'm actually a carnivore lmao

I should mention that I'm male.

I don't eat eggs so no

It wasn't his diet fag. He had a genetic heart condition.

Attached: giphy.gif (240x369, 3.93M)

TWINK
W
I
N
K

So what?

Real sick of this jew shit show to be honest, a heart attack would be a blessing.

There's not much you can do about it if it runs in your family.

Just eat healthy, move and learn to handle stress.

cariovascular pathologist here
>No, because I take my cardio seriously.
cardio does literally nothing for your coronary arteries, at best you'll end up with athletic heart, which can very quickly turn into decompensated HCM if you stop exercising when you get older
you can't
if your coronaries are calcified, they'll stay calcified. if you have pathologic intimal thickening or coronary plaque, the best thing you can do is mild exercise, strength training, and avoid sugar and (if you get tested and have APOE4/4 or APOE3/4) avoid cholesterol.
Eventually over time, pathologic intimal thickening will turn to adaptive and you'll regain some patency in your affected arteries

Heart disease as a whole is the biggest killer in most western countries so it's something I mitigate against through life style.

I consume a mostly plant based diet and engage in regular cardio. Both are proven to protect against heart disease.

> poor diet and energy drinks
And amphetamine abuse

The only proven method is a plant based diet.

Ignore the ketards. Half of them genuinely believe their bullshit (that carbs are responsible for every health problem and that anything that isn't a carb is fine) and the other half are memeing.

It's the absence of cholesterol and TMAO

that's what they always say

>if your coronaries are calcified, they'll stay calcified.

what about vitamin K?

that just makes it even better

Not at all, I can only hope I die of something as relatively quick and painless as a heart attack. What is there to be afraid of? Fuck getting old. Red meat, bacon, eggs and cheese every day for me.

it won't reverse calcification, but it may help inhibit further calcification. other than lithotripsy, nothing at present will reverse coronary calcification

If you're 125lbs, no, you aren't. Not really.

That guy trying to give people heart attacks

Attached: nihms644785f1.jpg (602x443, 56K)

Attached: The 17 Daggers_01 big.jpg (408x416, 51K)

>uses studies with phone in self reporting questionnaires to justify low fat, meat diets

No. The vegan diet is better then the standard American diet over a short term duration, that's it. Long term all vegans fall apart because the diet is simply impossible.
You cannot get all the basic and essential nutrients needed to metabolize vitamins.

Then there's the blatant fact that veganism is built on a mountain of pseudo science. Cholesterol is utilized by every cell in the human body, limiting it reduces vitamin synthesis, reduces hormone production and in general weakens a person over time. Because fat is so essential to neurological function a-top of cellular function vegans often suffer brain fog, loss of cognitive function over a duration.

Plants are toxic as they contain Oxalate, which is a defensive mechanism of plants to disincentivize predators. Oxalate can cause a wide range of issues, including neurological because it crystallizes in the blood and travels all over. Achy joints, rashes, Fibromyalgia are a number of issues.

Oxalate low diets are already used in mainstream medical practice to:
>reduce the severity of autism in children/adults
>used to prevent kidney stones, and other chronic health ailments associated with the kidneys

Then there's the fact that plants do in fact cause greater oxidative stress. Fat uptake causes nothing in terms of insulin or inflammation in comparison, meat is also quite good for that as well. The reason for this is obvious and seen in our digestive track, that being its primarily enzymatic. Herbivores have specialized chambers to break down plant matter into protein, fat, they can actually break down plant cellulose, we cannot do that. Eating an excess of plant matter will more then anything fuck your gut up in the short to medium term.

What about cardiovascular disease? The source for this was Firmingham study, the "lipid hypothesis" was blatant fraud by pharmaceuticals, AMA.

Attached: Pizza Pizza.jpg (1195x1600, 345K)

> You cannot get all the basic and essential nutrients needed to metabolize vitamins.
Such as?

> Cholesterol is utilized by every cell in the human body, limiting it reduces vitamin synthesis, reduces hormone production and in general weakens a person over time. Because fat is so essential to neurological function a-top of cellular function vegans often suffer brain fog, loss of cognitive function over a duration.
Water is essential as well, have too much of it and you'll die user.

> Herbivores have specialized chambers to break down plant matter into protein, fat, they can actually break down plant cellulose, we cannot do that.
What do you think the large intestine does?

So can I eat foods high in cholesterol or not

Jesus I bet she deepthroats like a fucking champ.

Plants are toxic as they contain Oxalate

It’s true, I lost a buddy to oxalate poisoning after he ate too much kale

Take care out there

> tfw elder god tier gene

Excess cholesterol ends up as atherosclerosis (narrowing of your arteries) due to a variety of mechanisms of which inflammation is one.

Ketards think they have found a hack because they say carbs are behind inflammation (like how they say carbs are responsible for every ailment ever). However they like to pretend that MANY things cause inflammation to occur.

It's really their cope mechanism because they all have terrible bloodworm saying they have raised cholesterol.

TL:DR - No

>AMA
I'm becoming more and more convinced that plants are causing my health issues. I've had really bad dandruff since I was about 14 and all medical shampoos I've tried so far only helped for about 3 weeks, and then things went back to normal. In the past months, I've started eating more fruits and I noticed that my dandruff got worse.

Would dropping all plants from my diet solve this? If yes, can I still drink milk even though it's high in sugar? I'm poor and I was considering doing a milk-based diet since it's cheap, isn't a plant, and had good macros.

>The study by Professor Andrew Brown’s lab at UNSW is published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry.

>Cholesterol, which is essential for cell growth, is produced in the body by a complex series of reactions involving more than 20 different steps. The last step relies on the enzyme DHCR7, which converts a substance called 7DHC into cholesterol.

>This substance, 7DHC, can also be turned into vitamin D by UV from sunlight.

If you also look up or google the metabolic steps cholesterol goes through in the body, it's literally utilized for everything in the body. So important is this regulation the body produces the super majority of "blood cholesterol". The mechanism is tightly regulated and the amount of cholesterol in the body is there precisely because it's needed. The body doesn't regulate it properly under extremely rare conditions, that being a genetic disorder which only occurs in 1 in 500-1000 people, or those who take statin drugs.... if you look up the metabolic mechanisms, statins damage the cell mitochondria and literally slowly murders people because of that. If I can recall correctly, its a reductase inhibitor...

What they don't tell you in terms of cardiovascular disease(CVD) is the "LDL" becomes only problematic when it becomes chronically oxidized, in unison with chronic high blood pressure, which allows it to pass into the arterial walls, adjacent of the heart. Since we know the mechanistic cause of CVD, fat, meat are not capable of causing the mechanistic functions required of (CVD).

Processed foods, plants foods, foods high in oxalates are at not optimal whatsoever and do cause chronic insulin spikes, inflammation.

pic kind of related
>very high oxalate foods on the left
>processed plant oils are highly oxidized

Attached: 1552370800058.jpg (1200x777, 350K)

Fuck off nerd

link to the study pls.

> f you also look up or google the metabolic steps cholesterol goes through in the body, it's literally utilized for everything in the body.
Potassium is used in every cell of the body for basic physiological function, it's also used in lethal injections because too much will kill you.

>Cellulose:

>The major component in the rigid cell walls in plants is cellulose. Cellulose is a linear polysaccharide polymer with many glucose monosaccharide units. The acetal linkage is beta which makes it different from starch. This peculiar difference in acetal linkages results in a major difference in digestibility in humans. Humans are unable to digest cellulose because the appropriate enzymes to breakdown the beta acetal linkages are lacking.

In laymen terms, in order to get the bacteria to digest this stuff properly, the human intestinal track would have to expand exponentially to create the conditions to host the needed bacteria Fibrobacter succinogenes, this is why herbivores guts tracks are labelled rumanent. Its also why herbivores employ multiple chambers to achieve this purpose. Humans may be omnivores, but the track does not lean kindly towards a plant diet.

Attached: 1493691527054.jpg (641x530, 25K)

>Cardiovascular medicine
>Research

>Lack of an association or an inverse association between low-density-lipoprotein cholesterol and mortality in the elderly: a systematic review

Source: bmjopen.bmj.com/content/6/6/e010401

This metanalysis of literature looks specifically for any relationships between statin cholesterol lowering medication, cardiovascular disease(CVD).

Findings show the common tropes of cardiovascular disease and cholesterol are not substantiated in the literature.
You can also on the left hand tab find "responses" to check for criticism, commentary.

Attached: 1552479171452.jpg (1080x1199, 117K)

Your study:
> High LDL-C is inversely associated with mortality in most people over 60years.

You over 60 years user?

What causes cholesterol to oxidize? Universally agreed upon causes are high and chronic insulin spikes, and inflammation.

Meat and fat are both satiating and low in such responses, however this is not true for diets that're primarily plant based.

>overtime it becomes apparent what happens to people on these diets.

The number of former vegan/plant based dieters are seemingly endless on youtube.

Ruminents break down cellulose in the stomach (hence why they often have multiple stomaches).

We break them down in our large intestine, there's 100 trillion bacteria in there.

Very true. If your friend had a condition compromising his body, his response to oxalate poisoning would've been worse. Unfortunately in his case it was terminal.

If you'd like to learn more here's an interesting video on Oxalate.
>youtube.com/watch?v=ZOTMJYbDQok

Attached: 1552404753594.jpg (1242x1842, 764K)

under 40 stroke and heart attack quite rare. 40-50 people on western diet start to show clearly Atherosclerosis. about 50% at 50 year of age have already badly clogged arteries, like 60% or more clogged this is where risks increase a lot

Attached: 2009-long-curly-hairstyle-from-natalie-portman-1.jpg (405x594, 56K)

> inflammation
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK493173/
> Age: Increasing age is positively correlated with elevated levels of several inflammatory molecules.
> Obesity: Many studies reported that fat tissue is an endocrine organ, secreting multiple adipokines and other inflammatory mediators.
> Diet: Diet rich in saturated fat, trans-fats, or refined sugar is associated with higher production of pro-inflammatory molecules
> Smoking: Cigarette smoking is associated with lowering the production of anti-inflammatory molecules and inducing inflammation.
> Low Sex Hormones: Studies show that sex hormones like testosterone and estrogen can suppress the production and secretion of several pro-inflammatory markers
> Stress and Sleep Disorders: Both physical and emotional stress is associated with inflammatory cytokine release. Stress can also cause sleep disorders. Since individuals with irregular sleep schedules are more likely to have chronic inflammation than consistent sleepers, the sleep disorder is also considered as one of the independent risk factors for chronic inflammation.

Many of these are out of our control. It is more prudent not load the gun rather than do so and hope/bet it won't go off.

association between ldl and hdl levels and heart disease, stroke ha risk is very clear. many studies compare too high levels of cholesterol, also statins DO REDUCE risk of complication a lot, people who reduce their cholesterols with statins to very lows levels for 3-5 years or more even show recression of plaque

Attached: a4a6f1116585025fc3fc27d023665d06.jpg (1440x900, 138K)

>I'm going to be very nice, because everyone gets just one.

Read the meta-analysis in its entirety, do not spot skip over to little chunks that catch your eye because it explains quite clearly what the relationship is between statins, lowered cholesterol and Cardiovascular disease.

If you cannot read this in its entirety as its quite short in comparison to other research papers, then nothing on this planet will be enable you to learn from scientific literature.

Attached: 1509269791149.jpg (184x184, 7K)

Attached: Fine.png (561x265, 357K)

>literature review of multiple research papers
>no association
>ignores it and regurgitates lines with no understanding of the underliers

Then there are the mechanistics of CVD which sits nearly at the top of the "hierarchy of evidence", which also does not line up whatsoever with the discredited and now pseudo scientific "lipid hypothesis".

Did you know the JAMA(Journal of the American Medical Association) recently published a 3+ egg a week study, claiming that the excess consumption of 1+ egg atop to increase mortality?

Now if you were normie and scientifically illiterate, you would take the AMA at its word.
However if you could read the study you would find:

>they used a self reporting questionnaires
>they used questionnaire data from before 2000
>questionnaires are themselves extremely problematic and known to be give a "fuzzy picture" to put it kindly
>people are not honest on self reporting questionnaires and there's not really a way to control that confound, (ie inaccuracies)

They popped this data into a statistical model, with human inputs and walla. A relative hazard risk(statistical trick) with numbers so low(.5-1.2, around there) that any confound could account for this.

Now in a proper journal something done that poorly would never be allowed. But this is the AMA we're talking about...

Attached: schiff_controller_matrix.png.png (852x356, 493K)

> Hey bro, let's lie on this questionnaire and say I ate a shit ton of eggs

Do you honestly believe this happened?

i did not read any studies posted here nor i claimed. i referred to what is current scientific concensus about cholesterol statins and heart disease. diet and genetics effect a lot, and if you are not able still stop progression need to look family history of heart attacks and strokes and possible even preventive statin therapy at older age. on top of regular blood work you can have your arteries scanned so you see clearly the plaque development

Attached: 1505272785690.jpg (1360x1965, 378K)

>Is It Time to Abandon the Food Frequency Questionnaire? - American Association of Cancer Research(AACR)

>Although painful to admit, it is possible that epidemiologists have been deluded in their acceptance of food frequency questionnaires (FFQ) as the standard tool for dietary assessment in large studies of diet and cancer. The substantial limitations of FFQs have been known for some time (1) and published studies based on FFQ-derived data have long included in their discussion sections a litany of weaknesses due to suboptimal dietary assessment. However, few of us expected the astonishingly poor measurement characteristics of FFQs when compared with doubly labeled water (a gold standard for energy intake; ref. 2), nor had we expected to learn that diet and cancer associations detected when dietary assessment is based on dietary biomarkers (e.g., ref. 3) or food records (4) are undetectable when based on FFQs. We are facing a crisis: hundreds of millions of dollars and many scientists' careers have been invested in studies using only FFQs to measure diet, but it is possible that these studies have not been, and will not be, able to answer many if not most questions about diet and cancer risk. (continued in the article)

Source: cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/14/12/2826

Because you're new to scientific review, literature. One day if you do read the study, you will understand at least one underlying problem specific to data collection.

> In a recent meta-analysis performed by the Prospective Studies Collaboration, there was an association between TC and CV mortality in all ages and in both sexes.3 However, even in this analysis, the risk decreased with increasing age and became minimal after the age of 80years.
> the cholesterol hypothesis predicts that the association between CV mortality and TC should be at least as strong in the elderly as in young people.
> Why is high TC a risk factor for CVD in the young and middle-aged, but not in elderly people?

Sounds to me that cholesterol should be a concern until elderly

Yes. Cholesterol is good for you. The more, the better.

youtu.be/b7zWNabebxs

> Posts a youtube clip as evidence
> Half the references in the transcript are links to other youtube videos
> Most studies "referenced" are over a decade old
> Not a single systematic review in sight

Since you did not link the study, I'm assuming you're quoting this?
>Body-mass index and cause-specific mortality in 900000 adults: collaborative analyses of 57 prospective studies
Source: thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(09)60318-4/fulltext#secd6657750e615

There are some problems here in trying assume cholesterol as a causal variable when this study is basic and general correlate for mortality with BMI, and a few other core variables which are not tightly controlled for...
>young people with a healthy BMI did not correlate with stroke or ischemic heart problems
>elderly correlated with increased cholesterol in line with increase stroke or ischemic heart disease, however the study cannot affirm causation. Looking at this paper, one would not be mistaken to think heart disease was a problem for the elderly, and that cholesterol could in fact be said to be a bodily response to possible causal factors, again this is not discerned
>authors offer a brief hypothesis to the data but again, they're largely looking at correlates without understanding causality, for that they are taking inference from other authers/literature at face value for their understanding

When a study does look closely for causal factors, being direct medical intervention in factors identified above such as LDL with cardiovascular disease(CVD), what is found with cholesterol is:

>lowering LDL does not correlate towards lowered CVD, neither does achieving the "low LDL, high HDL" profile as is the "standard of care"
>no positive outcomes correlated, except in people over 60, and who're specifically male, and specifically if they've had a one heart attack prior to taking statins, and specifically if they're suffering chronic inflammation
>if a patient is not under such criteria, then statins at patently useless and will not dent CVD
>cholesterol doesn't correlate with CVD, atherosclerosis

Source: bmjopen.bmj.com/content/6/6/e010401

Attached: 1523675023632.jpg (265x265, 16K)