Thoughts on 5/3/1

Been doing 531 for a year and I have never failed to 5 pounds to my upper body lifts and 10 pounds to my squat and deadlift. Barring injury, will these gains ever stop? I'm getting comfy with my routine.

5' 10" barefoot at 190 pounds

Attached: Screenshot_20190328-211633_Five3One.jpg (1080x2220, 335K)

Assuming the top row is your 1rm, how the fuck are your squat and dl so shit? You have almost 50lbs on my bench and I have 200lbs on your dl and 150 on your squat.

I'm pretty sure with the progression model of 531 this shouldnt have even been possible.

I was able to bench 225 in my freshman year of high school. Only started doing the other lifts recently. I also have a barrel chest. My squat and DL are pretty good relative to where I started from.

Are you using straps for your DL? Cause the if I'm using them I can pull 425. But my grip hasn't caught up to that yet. That's why I'm stuck where I'm at.

Na I use hook grip for 405 and heavier. Double OH for under 405.

thought rippetoe said not to use straps for d/l

is the "big but boring" weights right? all the weights seem to be really low (55lbs for press, 145lbs for squat) for the 5x10 drop sets. seems way low

Attached: cardio.webm (640x360, 985K)

I do regular bro splits as accessory lifts. But the bbb program is ok

I mean obviously they will stop at some point, or you'd be able to absolutely reck everyone at WSM in a few years.

Is that app worth getting?

>Is that app worth getting?

I use it because I'm too lazy to do the figuring on my own. But It's a very clean and well made app. I believe it cost me 5 dollars. That's only a bit more than a notebook and a pack of pencils.

Attached: Ineedthesebitchestodo531mathforme.png (580x300, 306K)

I don't hang on every word that rippetoe says. He knows his stuff, but I'm just doing strength training for fun and fitness.

I should have asked if I could reach my non-geared potential with this program.

when i was doing carl's method it wasn't. i'm starting to do the proper way now

Depends what you want to achieve? It's a good strength base program for compounds and once you learn how your body reacts; the basic use of 5/3/1 sets is essential.

I've been trying a few warmup sets then sets of 3-2 that lead to 1's and back down to lower 1/2/3/5s.

I usually just wing it though with a few base ideas such as compounds before accessory work and hitting all accessory at proper hand orientation and ROMs

How has your progress been? Do you know your stats before you started 5/3/1?

What's the name of it?

If you do regular 531 at 90 to 95% Training Max and have never done BBB Wendler recommends you start light since you're going to be doing high volume. Like 40 or 50% TM. Then adjust TM if you feel it's too light after completing a mesocycle.

Been on it for a few months, I like it, not too much work but still a nice few heavy sets in there too

Wendler log 531 Pro. There is a free version that gets you few weeks for free but everything after that is locked.

Thanks.

what the fuck is up with that D and squat?L? have you -ever- done a leg day, or any compound exercise for that matter?

>How has your progress been? Do you know your stats before you started 5/3/1?
Deadlift:135
Bench:225
Squat:225
Ohp:135

As I've said before, I am a naturally gifted bench presser. My farther, his brothers, and my brother are all extremely thick in the torso. My range of motion is probably three inches shorter than the average man. My arms aren't overly short, but I have to keep reminding my super lanky friends that they shouldn't compare or compete with me on bench.

I only started doing each lift 2 years ago, and I started this program 1 year ago. The bottom row is what I can reasonably expect by the end of the year.

That's from memory btw. I lost the original data, so it might not add up to my current max

le evidence-based cucks will tell you it's too low volume and/or low frequency, but I've had better gains on BBB than any of their programs.

One of my favorite things about the app is that it incentivizes breaking P.Rs. For instance; this morning I only had to pull 345 once. But it told me that if I did two reps, my training max would go up even futher. Training maximum is 90% of your one rep max. And is what is shown in the top row.

Attached: Screenshot_20190329-113601_Five3One.jpg (1080x2220, 386K)

So it gave me one whole pound onto my training max. One pound feels good dood

Attached: Nobullyonmysquatplz.jpg (1080x2220, 343K)

Do you do BBB? How do you progress?

That's some pretty good progress for a year's work, user. I'm probably gonna hop on this one as well after I'm done with my current routine.

No but I've read Beyond 531and he covers it in his book. The newest one is 531 Forever.

I fucking love this app so much

Attached: Screenshot_20190329-181941.png (720x1280, 128K)

Pretty much the only app I ever bought, I like it.

Also dev fixed bug quickly when I pointed it out so that's nice.

Damn those lower body numbers look satisfying... can't wait till I'm there

I do, I keep my BBB % at 65%. it gets hard, as your main TM goes up, your BBB will rise as well.

I've made good gains from BBB but will probably try some meme PPL/ PHUL shit for a month