Hi

Hi.
I am skinny dude who had never exercised.
Is it a good idea to start with 15 kg dumbbell like this lifting with one hand?
Goal is to be able to easily hold a 4 kg hunter's rifle without arms getting tired, and not getting luxation from recoil.

Attached: 13994260299.jpg (331x199, 7K)

cardio and isometric holds are all you need for upperbody stability. Core and leg work will help more than upper body work for that. The more your arms weigh the more effort they take to stabilize but they absorb recoil better.

Whatcha planning big guy?

What do you mean?

Hey, I'm a skinny guy here. I've been lifting for about a month and a half now. Swallow your pride, bro. It's best to start off with weights you can manage and to do the workouts the right way than to start off with weights you think you can manage that you end up doing wrong. If it's curls, and you've never lifted before, then no. You gotta start somewhere, and for you, that might be with 5 or 7.5 lb weights. Just be consistent, and you'll work up to 15 in a month if you keep at it.

It's not about pride, I just though that it would be optimal. Even if I couldn't lift it for 5-6 times, I can dual hand it for some time, untill I get strong enough.
Maybe I overestimate myself, dunno...

>so weak you can't even hold a rifle
fucking europoors

No. Get 17.5.

No tf
Start small, then build up

I've never tried. But I suggest, that muscles are important.
I'll get my rifle only after 1 year, cause I need ~2000$ for the one I've chosen.

I thought I can work with that, untill I can life it 15 times with one hand, than buy 24 kg.

If you can't lift it 10 times for 3 sets, then you need lighter weight. It's okay, bro. I was barely able to do 7.5 when I started, and had to do it around gym bros and gym thots while I struggled to curl that shit the right way. Was it embarassing? Yes, but those people have been lifting for months, years even. You can't compare yourself to others when you lift because those people more likely than not started off exactly where you are, but years ago. Start small, do it right, and when you go to the gym the next time, compare your strength to how you did the last time. You'll have so much more gratification. That improvement is gonna come faster than you think, and it will feel amazing. You'll look at your small improvements, and you'll find appreciation in the fact that you didn't put it off any longer, and realize that the long road to gains is a lot less daunting than when you were sitting here wondering if you should start at a weight that you weren't ready for.

That IS small. Even my 60 year old dad can curl 15kg 5 times.

That's not gonna make your arms big.

I am not sure yet, is 15 too heavy or not. I guess I'll check when I'll be in a shop.
And what about dual wield? If it is too heavy for 1 hand, it surely won't be for 2.

You definitely should opt in to a gym membership. It can be a little pricey, but it's totally worth it. Plus, as long as you're paying for it, you'll have an obligation to go. That should be enough to motivate you to go the first few times. After a week, once your muscles have become active and they start popping out a bit more than usual, that should be enough to motivate you to keep going. The results thereafter should be enough to motivate you to go until you make it.

I afraid of people. Gym is scary. And I have enough motivation for exercise, I won't drop it for sure.

Just hit the gym

Don't care what people think. The chances of someone openly making fun of you in the gym are extremely low, and if they do other gym goers will look down on them, as mocking a stranger is a sign of their own insecurity. No person is born with huge muscles, it all takes time. Just force yourself to go, once you enter the building, your nerves will soon disappear. Have fun.

I am afraid of people not only because they'll mock me. I just can't interact with them, and even people with friendly intentions are horrifying for me.

well user, you can't live in fear all your life. Some times you just have to jump in the deep end of the pool.

most of the time I go, I don't talk to anybody until I'm done with my workout, and even then, I may spend the whole time not uttering a word except "hello" and "goodbye" to the receptionist. I just put in my headphones and listen to music the whole time, as does everybody else. Sometimes, I'll leave my headphones out and shoot the shit with other bros in the sauna, or I might ask some of the bigger guys for advice, but other than that, there's no obligation to say anything to anybody, or even make eye contact with anyone. Not that I don't, everyone could use a little conversation.

also literally, if your gym has a pool, which can be a pretty good workout.

buy bands. It is MOST underrated thing ever. You can switch resistances, doo all kinds of shit, be super creative with it, train different ranges of motion, easier, everywhere, cheaper!!!

15kg is a decent weight, you wont do much with it if you re very weak from beginning.

Okay, you've convinced me.
I'll buy 10 kg instead. I should manage to lift it, at least I hope.

Why would the recoil hurt you unless you’re firing in rapid succession

Sounds fishy

I heard that double barrel hunter rifle can literally sprain your arm.

If you've never exercised before, 10kg is still going to be too heavy for you. You're seriously underestimating how much harder it gets the more reps you get in.

I've been there bud, just start with like 5kg.

Dual wield will get me 5 kg on each hand.
I'll buy 10 today, and if it would be too heavy I'll post that I was dumb and stubborn.

He means, when and where can we expect a shooting with your name on it?

pull ups, chin ups, dips

Nowhere, relax.

Well. It actually IS heavy.
Brought it from shop to home for 30 minutes, switching hands perodically.
I can barely type now, lol. But I am looking forward to try it in action, hope I can deal with it.

Dude nobody talks to anyone at the gym. They’re too busy trying to work out in whatever station they’re at and are too exhausted to even acknowledge the person next to them after they’re done with a set. You’ll probably hear some banter between friends but strangers aren’t gonna come up to you and ask you random shit for no reason
They’re just like you, going about their day in the gym trying to get Jow Forums and minding their own business. There’s really nothing to be afraid of

Well, when my gf was in gym, there were literally half of the gym gave her advices.
I now, that's because she is a girl, but still.

You’re not a qt twig girl trying to get gains, so you’re for sure not gonna have anyone approach you
Trust me, I’ve been there

She was ugly af, desu.

>double barrel hunter rifle

Wait. You mean shotgun?

I guess.

I started shoot when I was 5 you will be fine lol

wheres that?

Just make sure you fit the stock and it will be no problems

nah 15kg is a bit too heavy to start off with imo
10kgs is better

Yeah, I bought 10 kg.

Attached: big_188407.jpg (800x800, 45K)

That’s a sexy dumbbell

Then die weak

still

what the fuck? did you live under a rock for the first part of your life? i started out being able to curl fucking 45's