How many pullups?

Hi Jow Forums long time no see. I am getting back into fitness and I am working on my pullups.

I can currently do 8-10 the first set, and the next two sets are about 6 each. I want to try to get to 25 pullups in one set by the end of the year, but idk if this is setting my goal to high or too low.

How many can you do /fit? Bonus points if you post back to prove your not dyel

Attached: tips-for-better-pullups-image.jpg (621x414, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gQZ6rcKRP1Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does anyone still post here?

OP isn't a meme calling out vegans, ketards or faster so of course nobody gives a shit.

Attached: IMG_032920190226.jpg (774x1032, 61K)

10 @95kg

Add weight

Yes, this seems to be the way Jow Forums is...it was like that back in the days of Tinytrip, and other tripfags. Thats when I started lifting...when Zyzz was still alive. Back then people on Jow Forums actually talked about Jow Forumsness and not just meme threads.

youtube.com/watch?v=gQZ6rcKRP1Y

Heres a guy doing 30 pull ups in a row, hes not even a sick cunt

8 or 9 strict at 6'4" 205lbs. I'm not currently doing weighted due to a recent shoulder issue.

I used to be able to do 20 in a single set. Now I can do barely 2 and feel like dying. I gotta get back to it, but I think another exercise is more efficient until I can at least reach 5.

Witness

No one cares about your brap hogs this is a fitness board. Or, at least it was, once upon a time.

without weight I do over 20 reps, with 25kg I manage to do 8-10, depends on a day.

Guarantee none of you do full range of motion on pull-ups. Dead hang to chin over the bar, no kipping. 90% of retards in my gym do quarter reps.

Your goal is not too high. Pullups improve quickly. Especially if you're at a low bodyweight.

You could easily improve to the tune of 2-3 pullups per week.

I currently max out at 12

zero

13, 15 if I really push it.

Attached: 20190312_190201.jpg (3264x2448, 1.28M)

ten dead hang chin over bar pullups.

Imagine gatekeeping pull ups.

Attached: 1550109945886.gif (257x200, 1.24M)

4x10 today

26 good form with that little development? doesn't seem right

I can do 30, but reps get greasy past 25

My suggestion to blow up your pullups is to just do 100 pullups broken into sets of 10 everyday without fail. Your back can take a beating a recovers quick

Attached: B8DBE8E8-FA66-4150-A9D7-520447FAE1FC.jpg (640x1136, 66K)

Only 6-8 , 60kg and started working out a year ago

16 (maybe 14 strict?) at 90 kg 183 cm

Butthurt Marine Cairo’s bet spotted. Nobody cares about your PFT you brainwashed fuck.

Corps...fuck me

It's chest to bar. I can put my chin over the bar while my chest is still inches away.

Obsessing over full range makes the pullup too slow. 10x 80% pullups > 6x 100% pullups (if you care about progressive growth)

I do chins:
11 reps chest to bar from dead hang
7 reps with 25 lb
2 reps with 50 lb
added weight for the first time over the weekend and looking forward to progressing

Attached: <1yr work in progress.jpg (2090x930, 2.13M)

Height?
Starting weight?
Current weight?
Time frame?
Diet?
Routine?

>5'7" manlet
>195-200 lb
>163 lb
>around 10 months
>2 months keto OMAD (down 17 lb), 1 month SS + GOMAD (up 6 lb), 2 months OMAD at maintenance, 1 month OMAD slight deficit, 4 months OMAD ~300-700 Cal deficit
>1 month SS + GOMAD, 7 months full body strength training, light jump rope once a week
pic related, strength progress from start to peak to present

Attached: strength progress.jpg (1350x2472, 1.01M)

Two years after fucking up my shoulders and i did a set of 24 last week
Should get to 30 if i am properly warmed up in a couple of months
End of cut so i am 81 kg

Also five reps with 42 kg added
Im more into strength than endurance

Just did 54. 10+10+9+7(this is where I started fucking up, should've been 8)+5+4+3+3+3.

nice scoliosis bro

Only six but I'm easily 20% bodyfat maybe more

tfw he thinks the number of pull ups you can or can't do means anything and in anyway can correlate to overall health...

I know guys who could only do 10 pull ups, but could bench 375 for reps, do a shit ton of push ups, and run a decent 5k.
I also know guys that could do 20-30 pull ups, at one time, but couldn't run for shit, bench for shit, do many push ups, or anything other than pulling themselves up on a bar.

Attached: image.jpg (360x240, 83K)

It's not about max reps, it's about max weight. Why would max reps be relevant? They're completely dependent on your weight. A chicken legged skinny guy could do 20, meanwhile a powerlifter might only do 5, but have 5x the bicep and back mass.

Proper pullup progression is
>isometrics
>negatives
>half range pullups
>full range pullups
>weighted pullups
>one arm pullups

And the best number of reps is the one that progresses you fastest. I would say 5 sets of 8 before moving up to the next level.

this - same routine same max
ive had a pull-up bar since 16 and place in bathroom door so i have to do some every time i go through

It's almost like pull ups, bench pressing, and running are all separate skills that can all be trained or not trained, wow what a fucking brilliant insight.

Don't forget L sit pull ups

Yeah, if you can do more than 10-12 regularly it's time to add weight.
If you can't do 8-10, you're not fit. You might be strong but you're not fit.